Xenon Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xenon Fog Lights

Alright,

I want my next mod to be Xenon fog lights. I don't like the Acura, ones, and I want them to match my headlights. Plus, since they are going to be Xenon, I want to make sure they aren't going to crack like the Acura ones. I am trying to figure a way that will make them look like they are integrated into the car, and not just bolted on.

Second, is there a place where I can get high quality wire mesh to go in that space between where the fog lights are, the lower large opening? I saw a showcar RSX and it looked amazing. I don't want the $25 crap, something that looks more professional.

Thanks for any help. I have done searches on google, but all I get are these crappy autowarehouse discount stores don't have what they advertise.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyJ25
Alright,

I want my next mod to be Xenon fog lights. I don't like the Acura, ones, and I want them to match my headlights. Plus, since they are going to be Xenon, I want to make sure they aren't going to crack like the Acura ones. I am trying to figure a way that will make them look like they are integrated into the car, and not just bolted on.

Second, is there a place where I can get high quality wire mesh to go in that space between where the fog lights are, the lower large opening? I saw a showcar RSX and it looked amazing. I don't want the $25 crap, something that looks more professional.

Thanks for any help. I have done searches on google, but all I get are these crappy autowarehouse discount stores don't have what they advertise.
If you go with aftermarket fogs, you probably wont have an exact fit. What i would do is go with the Acura Brackets and housing and just swap out to an HID bulb. Then to prevent cracking, take some of that clear bra material and put it over the headlights. It shouldn't melt like with halogen because HID's run at a cooler temperature. If i were you, i'd also wire the fogs to a seperate switch and not to the switch that the factory fogs come with. This way you can run them seperately from the headlights. If you're spending the money, you'd might as well make them functional. Running fogs together with the headlights defeats the purpose.