Worth getting small dents out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Worth getting small dents out?

So I bought my 2006 TSX over the summer which had a few small dents in it then, they really are pretty small, but as i've been caring for my car, washing it weekly, I've started to think about getting them taken out. One is a crease dent on my rear bumper and two on the drivers side door. Neither one has paint missing, they just need to be popped out. My only question is, is it worth the money? I know we all love our cars, but I am also 17 with a part time job, and wondering if I would be better off saving the money. Any thoughts?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 PM
SPINNNNNNN!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey,

I'm in the same situation, I have one dent on my rear driver side. It hurts when I wash/ see it, but I've come to the realization I'd rather save that money and buy a couple mods... possibly later on (If I've ran out of the easy bolt on mods...) I might look into it. Until then, I'd save up my money

Not to mention you will get small dings/scrapes might as well save em up for a bigger fix and save ;p
Old 11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Right, the other reason why this came to mind, is because I was looking at getting window tints put on my car, and I noticed that this place also takes care of paintless dents, so I was thinking if i do go and get the tints put on, should I get the dents taken out too. However, I'm deciding if I want to get the tints right now, or if I show go with a radar detector.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM
resident asshole

forget the dents.. i got two on my rear panel but nobody but me notices it
Old 11-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Advanced

Look up businesses around your area that does dentless paint repair. I actually got some pretty bad dents popped out on my car w/o damaging the paint. The results are usually good unless your dents are pretty bad.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
try the el-cheap-o method that worked for me!! go to youtube and do a search for dent repair via blow dryer and a pc air duster.

may sound crazy, but watch closely and see what happens. like i said, worked for me
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used paintless dent removal on my car and both look like they were never there. I only paid about $100 or so for both dents. I made my cousin pay for one dent he did when he was washing his car he had those wand looking things to wash his car and hit the back of my trunk with it! Luckily for him it came out with the paintless dent removal and all is good now. If I had to do it again and use paintless dent removal I would highly recommend it.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by godfather2
try the el-cheap-o method that worked for me!! go to youtube and do a search for dent repair via blow dryer and a pc air duster.

may sound crazy, but watch closely and see what happens. like i said, worked for me
i heard that it can cause paint damage is that true? because i have a small coin size dent on my driver side front fender i don't know if i trust the method or not.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
worked fine for me, though i can't comment for anyone else out there. you always take a risk trying something like this, but for me the risk was outweighed by the reward ($$$ in my pocket)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:51 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I've had success with paintless dent repair...including removing several large dents over an area of a cars hood (don't ask!). Notes though:

1) This repair depends entirely on the skill and ability of the technician.

2) The traveling version can be just as good, see above.

3) Certain locations are unfixable in this method. These are locations where access to the backside of a dented area is not possible. On the TSX, this includes the crease on the rear wheel arches (where I, of course, got a ding after about two weeks).

4) In some cases a hole is drilled to get into the cavity behind the panel and then filled with a rubber plug. Make sure you're OK with this method and location by asking about access beforehand and making them get your specific OK to use it.

5) It only works on metal...so the rear bumper crease is a no go.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Thecrazytrains
So I bought my 2006 TSX over the summer which had a few small dents in it then, they really are pretty small, but as i've been caring for my car, washing it weekly, I've started to think about getting them taken out. One is a crease dent on my rear bumper and two on the drivers side door. Neither one has paint missing, they just need to be popped out. My only question is, is it worth the money? I know we all love our cars, but I am also 17 with a part time job, and wondering if I would be better off saving the money. Any thoughts?
If it was me i would pop the ones that are easy to notice. Then pop the rest out when you have extra cash that what i would do. Or you could do is what im in the transition of doing dynamat the entire car much hard to get dents and gives you a more comfortable ride. The down side is and extra 300 pounds in your car but i think its worth since i have a woofer in my TSX.

Good luck on getting those dents out

Last edited by TSX408; 12-09-2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: grammer