wondering how many posers are on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ex2k4
I apologize for taking it too seriously.

Macbook pros are great. I didn't like the concept of heavy/big laptops. I just liked something portable. Plus it was way out of my price range for it. Did you get the one with core duo? does it get too hot? I paid close to 2G on my black macbook with some upgrades and I really feel like I over paid.....

I have the 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2GB RAM & 200GB HD. The Core 2 Duo's stay much cooler. I don't think that you should feel that you over paid. They are great laptops, you could have saved a little if you choose the white over the black, but the black looks really good. I would have got the MacBook, but I wanted a dedicated video card, I use Aperture & CS2. Plus with Apple switching to Intel, we can run any app that Windows can run, so it's like two computers in one.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iTSX07
Regarding my misspells, I apologize. I am not perfect, that is why I have an eraser at the end of my pencils, because from time to time I too can make a mistake. Remember the last perfect person was nailed to a Cross. :-)
I highly recommend the new version of Firefox, it spell checks for you as you type, so you won't run into these issues on forums of holier than thous telling you to spell things right.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I have the 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2GB RAM & 200GB HD. The Core 2 Duo's stay much cooler. I don't think that you should feel that you over paid. They are great laptops, you could have saved a little if you choose the white over the black, but the black looks really good. I would have got the MacBook, but I wanted a dedicated video card, I use Aperture & CS2. Plus with Apple switching to Intel, we can run any app that Windows can run, so it's like two computers in one.
the new chips run any windows apps? that's pretty good. i haven't used them yet.

i'm anti-mac. i know people love them, but as a PC user, i like being able to customize how my machine works, and tell the machine what to do.

apple is so user friendly that sometimes it's frustrating for a knowledgeable user.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 PM
ItsHerTSX

Im probably going to get flamed for this, but Ill do it anyways.

If you want a Rally car then by all means get a EVO or WRX, but by no means try to fool your self and think that you are driving anything more than a souped up ECONOBOX
And you think an Acura is pure luxury? Maybe for Acura/Honda standards & for its price.. (which even in the Acura would, I stretch that considering the RL is so sweet.) To say your TSX ISNT an EconoBox is silly in my opinion... Is Acura not a more expensive Honda? There is no difference.. Why did we get a TSX instead of a Honda Civic or such? Cause we liked the TSX better.. Sure, maybe someday Wed like to *pimp* it out, etc, when I have time & money to use it as a show car. Not cause it can be super fast like a corvette (which is possible with enough time & dollars I imagine) but cause its a good solid platform.. But, for right now I use it for ECONOMY! Nothing else. 100 miles a day, 25-30MPG. Nothing else You flame people for buying an Altima for 34K when you can get it for 17K base? Well what about this:

First, choose a trim level for your vehicle and click Continue.
Not sure which one is right for you?
View selected features to compare trim levels.

2007 Civic Coupe:
Starts at 14,810

2007 Civic Coupe SI
Starts at $21,090

Why buy a SI for 6Gs more cause it says SI & puts out some more power? Sure, it may not be a 17K difference , but 6gs is quite a bit, atleast in my world..

I can say this, if I wanted to buy a true luxury car, I would get either an RL or another Lincoln LS. But, we dont have that kind of cash, nor do we need it.

meh.. Too each their own..
Old 03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bradykp
the new chips run any windows apps? that's pretty good. i haven't used them yet.

i'm anti-mac. i know people love them, but as a PC user, i like being able to customize how my machine works, and tell the machine what to do.

apple is so user friendly that sometimes it's frustrating for a knowledgeable user.

You can actually do a lot of changes with Mac's OS X, it's just a different process.

As for running Windows Apps,

If you google Apple Bootcamp or Apple Parallels, you will see what can be done.

Bootcamp allows you to choose to boot either OS X or Windows XP, and Parrallels allows you to run Windows XP , Vista, 2000, Me, 98, 95, 3.11, DOS, Linux, or OS2/Warp. At the same time that OS X is running, and if you have two displays, you can have OS X running on one and any of the other OS's running on the other.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Well iTSX07, after all that, I certainly get what you were originally saying. The thing everyone has to realize is that the TSX has a solid blend of virtues, and we all definitely take what we want from it. Its an economy car at times, its luxury at times, its sporty at times, etc.

In contrast, those who favor another car or just plain hate the TSX use its "jack of all trades, master at none" characteristics against it, especially now that its design is 4-5 years old.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ItsHersTL

And you think an Acura is pure luxury? Maybe for Acura/Honda standards & for its price.. (which even in the Acura would, I stretch that considering the RL is so sweet.) To say your TSX ISNT an EconoBox is silly in my opinion... Is Acura not a more expensive Honda? There is no difference.. Why did we get a TSX instead of a Honda Civic or such? Cause we liked the TSX better.. Sure, maybe someday Wed like to *pimp* it out, etc, when I have time & money to use it as a show car. Not cause it can be super fast like a corvette (which is possible with enough time & dollars I imagine) but cause its a good solid platform.. But, for right now I use it for ECONOMY! Nothing else. 100 miles a day, 25-30MPG. Nothing else You flame people for buying an Altima for 34K when you can get it for 17K base? Well what about this:

2007 Civic Coupe:
Starts at 14,810

2007 Civic Coupe SI
Starts at $21,090

Why buy a SI for 6Gs more cause it says SI & puts out some more power? Sure, it may not be a 17K difference , but 6gs is quite a bit, atleast in my world..

I can say this, if I wanted to buy a true luxury car, I would get either an RL or another Lincoln LS. But, we dont have that kind of cash, nor do we need it.

Yeah, I see your point.

By the way I was off by 2K. Sorry

2007 Altima Sedan 3.5 SL.
Base MSRP† $28,400
Exterior Color
Majestic Blue
Interior Color
Transmission
Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
Packages and Options
Technology Package $2,000
Vehicle Dynamic Control and Full-size Spare $900
Accessories††
Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks $170
Subtotal $31,470
Destination and Handling $615
Total Configured MSRP† $32,085

My point is by buying the top end of a particular model, your car will typically adjust down to the lower end of that model, when it comes to resale. That is one of the reason I choose Acura, because typically the only option is Navi, that could be changing if all the models go the way of the RL with different levels.

Just some food for thought.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by ItsHersTL

2007 Civic Coupe:
Starts at 14,810

2007 Civic Coupe SI
Starts at $21,090

i'm pretty much with you bro, the Acura TSX was bought for it's value in my household also. Sure, it provides me some sweet luxuries for the price, but when i get in my dad's lexus, i'm reminded of the difference in those "luxuries."

not to flame the TSX in any way because i LOVE it for what it is.

but why not just get a honda accord for a few grand less?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Yeah, I see your point.

By the way I was off by 2K. Sorry

2007 Altima Sedan 3.5 SL.
Base MSRP† $28,400
Exterior Color
Majestic Blue
Interior Color
Transmission
Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
Packages and Options
Technology Package $2,000
Vehicle Dynamic Control and Full-size Spare $900
Accessories††
Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks $170
Subtotal $31,470
Destination and Handling $615
Total Configured MSRP† $32,085

My point is by buying the top end of a particular model, your car will typically adjust down to the lower end of that model, when it comes to resale. That is one of the reason I choose Acura, because typically the only option is Navi, that could be changing if all the models go the way of the RL with different levels.

Just some food for thought.
i see your point about resale value. good point there. but i think people who want the higher end pay for it usually. but i can see how you could lose some value as the more widely sold car may be thousands less, so you don't recoup as much.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:05 PM
ItsHerTSX

My point is by buying the top end of a particular model, your car will typically adjust down to the lower end of that model, when it comes to resale
True True.. I did by a Honda/Acura cause of resale value, but when I bought my Lincoln LS & *paid* for that luxury, knowing it would drop in price I did it thinking: I plan on holding onto this car for a long time.. I never drove a more comfortable car.. Now if only those damn coils would sh*t out on me..
Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

but why not just get a honda accord for a few grand less?
Because of the styling (it gets slammed everywhere), and it handles like a boat.

I got so excited when they finally offered the 6MT in an Accord EX V6 (non-coupe) this year -- it's basically the same transmission as in the TSX, albeit different ratios.

Tried as I might, I couldn't get past the car's appearance -- although the rear-quarter perspective is dramatically better with the recent face-lift. It's more nose heavy than the TSX is and also wallows on curves by comparison.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by rb1
Because it looks like a and handles like a boat.

I got so excited when they finally offered the 6MT in an Accord EX V6 (non-coupe) this year -- it's basically the same transmission as in the TSX, albeit different ratios.

Tried as I might, I couldn't get past the car's appearance, and it's more nose heavy than the TSX is and also wallows on curves by comparison.
I had the same dilemma. The accord is an excellent car and a great platform and I was seriously thinking of buying it. I would have found a way around the handling with suspension bits. But its body just a smidge too big, and its really ugly. Except for the possibly coupe, its the ugliest Accord of all the generations.

Luckily, acura was smart enough to sell the Accord the rest of the world prefers, and added a bunch of goodies to it.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
I had the same dilemma. The accord is an excellent car and a great platform and I was seriously thinking of buying it. I would have found a way around the handling with suspension bits. But its body just a smidge too big, and its really ugly. Except for the possibly coupe, its the ugliest Accord of all the generations.

Luckily, acura was smart enough to sell the Accord the rest of the world prefers, and added a bunch of goodies to it.

Me too, When I first bought my 04 Accord EX in December of '03, I did it more out of loyalty to the Honda brand ( I really like Honda Products, wether it's the Honda, Acura or even there mowers). So at first I thought it was the 4 Cylinder engine with my '04, so in April '05 I decided to trade in on a Accord Ex V6 w/Navi. After a few months, I realized that it was the style of the outside, not so much the front, but the back. It looked like a old school Buick, and the inside fit & finish was a little disappointing, especially the top center dash, the panels just never lined up nice. By the way I loved the V6 though, it was very smooth and powerful for my needs. So that is when I decided to go with the TSX, I like the smaller size, and the fit and finish just seemed better. Also since the TSX Sticker was only around $2k more then the Accord V6 with Navi, and with the Acura you typically get better service then going to the Honda dealership.

To reference one of my previous post about resale value, I did see a difference in my 4cyl Accord vs 6cyl Accord, my 4cyl held its value better.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
People in the market for an Acura aren't out to save money, nor are they looking for maximum everything for under $30,000. If they were, they'd get a Honda or a Volkswagen, etc.

People buy the more "upscale" performance/luxury brand for exclusivity and ambience. I like the fact that my TSX isn't the most popular car in the country. I like the smaller feel of the Acura dealer and the more personal attention I get from every department in their building. On the other hand, I think the TSX is especially good looking and I admire it conceptually and practically. For comparison, the Accord doesn't visually appeal to me in the least bit, and its chassis is too soft. The TSX strikes a nearly perfect balance--which is something that requires a little extra time to engineer--and time is money (to a certain extent).
Old 03-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by rb1
Because of the styling (it gets slammed everywhere), and it handles like a boat.

Tried as I might, I couldn't get past the car's appearance -- although the rear-quarter perspective is dramatically better with the recent face-lift. It's more nose heavy than the TSX is and also wallows on curves by comparison.
true, true, it was mostly a rhetorical question. i know there's plenty of reasons to go TSX over Accord (in fact if you search some old threads, i've argued this point and even that the cost is more than justified for the added benefits).

the accord just didnt ride as nice to me. the leather in the accord seemed cheaper, and the seats were less comfy. i havent kept up on the 2007 models though.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Me too, When I first bought my 04 Accord EX in December of '03, I did it more out of loyalty to the Honda brand ( I really like Honda Products, wether it's the Honda, Acura or even there mowers). So at first I thought it was the 4 Cylinder engine with my '04, so in April '05 I decided to trade in on a Accord Ex V6 w/Navi. After a few months, I realized that it was the style of the outside, not so much the front, but the back. It looked like a old school Buick, and the inside fit & finish was a little disappointing, especially the top center dash, the panels just never lined up nice. By the way I loved the V6 though, it was very smooth and powerful for my needs. So that is when I decided to go with the TSX, I like the smaller size, and the fit and finish just seemed better. Also since the TSX Sticker was only around $2k more then the Accord V6 with Navi, and with the Acura you typically get better service then going to the Honda dealership.

To reference one of my previous post about resale value, I did see a difference in my 4cyl Accord vs 6cyl Accord, my 4cyl held its value better.

wow you experienced the depreciation hit hard eh?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Advanced

wow you experienced the depreciation hit hard eh?

Yeah, Like I said the '04 was better then the '05, the '04 I broke even, the '05 I was about $3k off. Were someone else might invest that in mods, I usually put it towards a new car. But I am really happy with my TSX, I look forward to driving it every day, so I may keep this one for awhile....... Or until I see the '09.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by junktionfet
People in the market for an Acura aren't out to save money, nor are they looking for maximum everything for under $30,000. If they were, they'd get a Honda or a Volkswagen, etc.
Im going to have to disagree on this one. People who buys Acura also want to save money. Do you walk into the dealer and buy the car without negotiating? haven't you noticed the thread about "what you paid, invoice.. etcetc" on how to save money buying the car?

I think Acura has the best bang for the buck deal for its entry level into luxury class. While all the Europeans and Lexus... infitniti or other luxury manufacturer offer these 1-4 level packages, Acura has a great value which you get everything for that sticker. (of course, you can add spoiler, navi and other features. But I'm just talking about basic leather, sunroof, stuff like that) TSX isn't a 30k car. It's high 20's. Some people see it as poor man's way of getting into entry luxury level and some may think it's great deal for its dollar.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by junktionfet

This is the reason why the TL and TSX sell so well...they DO give maximum everything for their respective price point.

When Paris Hilton buys a TSX, then I'll agree with you.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno

This is the reason why the TL and TSX sell so well...they DO give maximum everything for their respective price point.
My comment was meant to be taken in context. Some forumers are quick to point out how a V6 Accord or fully loaded Altima can be had for similar money. Obviously the $30,000 TSX doesn't get such people their beloved V6, the larger back seat, or a really cool key fob, etc...

Now, if we're talking about an "in class" comparison, then yes--I've always said how the Acura lineup is a much better value than what you can get from BMW, Lexus, and even Audi.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Pro

wasn't this an old thread?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by studville
You're right especially with the bold... Only thing is I think the average consumer takes badge status heavy in their car making decision. I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't love to have bimmer or benz sitting in my garage simply because of the brand name. As damn stupid as it sounds, it's true, the average consumer doesn't even know about 5% of the stuff that people talk about on car forums. They, like me, rely heavily on aesthetics because they don't really know (or care) what's going on under the hood of a car other than the basics. I pretty much got the TSX because of the statement I bolded above.
The BMW brand has gained lots of ground lately especially over MB. Maybe the quality or the driving experience is better or maybe BMW has better marketing than MB. I must admit that BMW as a brand is very strong with the blue and white propellor logo and the "Ultimate Driving Machine" tagline. I think the when people get a BMW there is automatic status. I think the same thing applies for Lexuses too. Most people know that there's a premium paid in price and people who have money or at least appear to have money have more status. The bottom line is that you're paying more to get the status which you do get, but some people care more about what the car does rather than what other people think about what the car does.

I agree with the power of perception. It's easier to go with what you perceive rather than learn about things that may be hard to understand. Something that looks good is much easier to understand than something that works well or is engineered well.

The TSX has the best combination of great design, superior engineering, excellent quality, high resale value, standard equipment, value, comfort and luxury, handling, performance with some snob appeal thrown in if you like that kind of thing which after owning my TSX for a few months, I actually enjoy more than I thought I would.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by ACURA TSX'D
As an owner of a 2006 CGP Acura TSX I am proud to say this is one of the best cars I have ever driven. For its value, quality, build, and stability this car is a steal for 30k. With all the standard features that our cars possess, none of the rival companies can even compare to what we have. Features like HID headlights, BlueTooth, memory seating etc. aren't even standard options on a car like the Mercedes C-Class, Lexus IS, and the BMW. I have been ridiculed before for purchasing a 30k "Honda." I was told "how come you didn't just get a BMW or a Mercedes?" Not to knock on those car companies but some people are more into "status." I chose this car because it had everything i wanted at a wonderfully affordable price.

Ex. My cousin bought a 2006 MBZ C-230 for 35k. He didn't have handsfree Bluetooth nor heated seats. His passenger seat didn't have motorized seat adjusters. All the things he didn't have I had and he paid 35k. Go figure!
Anyone who would ever put you down for buying TSX is a fool. The fact that it's made by Honda is a big selling point if not the biggest selling point for people who know what Honda does. Until very recently all Acura and Lexus models in Japan were sold as Hondas and Toyotas. Yes even the high end models which means that the names may be different, but the cars are the same. In case you have any doubts about what I think, Honda is one of the top car manufacturers in the world. If there's one company that may be better, it's Toyota. Neither BMW or Mercedes is even close to the top. However both companies make some nice cars, but I think almost all of them are overpriced for what you get, especially considering reliability and resale value.

Maybe people who need status are compensating for not knowing what true quality and good value is. It's too bad they don't have enough brain cells to figure these things out, but instead resort to criticizing others who can figure these things out. I don't have a problem with people buying BMWs or Benzes, but for anyone to think they made a better decision based on status and perception is severely disillusioned. Basically if you have money to throw around and you like what the car offers, by all means purchase what you like.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by ex2k4
I'm glad that you feel so special buying "luxury brand", not some "generic brand" like Nissan. Last time I checked, Acura is Honda and Infiniti is Nissan. Oh yea, they call it Honda accord in Japan, not "Acura" TSX. Why would someone pay 34k for Nissan altima? (although I've never seen one above 30k) because they can option it with V6 engine and different option than 4cyl. base Altima.

I don't own a TSX and I dont' come here to be a "poser." Maybe you have the wrong impression of this message board. I've observed that there are great car enthusiast that comes on this board, doesn't matter what you own. Or do I have the wrong perception here and need to get the hell off the TSX board since I don't own one?

People like you or message like this is the reason why other people would come here to bash on TSX. Every car has pros and cons and different fit for different people. I didn't like TSX because I wasn't going to spend 30k on a 4banger sedan. TSX is a great for people who doesn't need so much power everyday. It's a great entry level luxury sedan with nice features. That just wasn't for me and I didn't end up buying one. Don't sit here and call people out for not owning TSX. It just shows your stupidity and ignorance. Why are you sitting here bashing on WRX, STI, EVO, Altimas? Yes, they will just say "that's great, so can you even catch up to read my license plate?" probably not. TSX is slower and less performance car than any of those cars. I don't even see Honda advertising or comparing against these cars.

Please get off of your "soap box" and think before you "rant". So... you had 04 accord 4cyl, 05 accord v6 ex navi, MDX, and TL-S? something tells me you're not so smart with your money or you're just full of s.
These are all great vehicles. Every single one of them. Acura and Honda products are among the best in the world against any competition, ever. Some offer a little better value than others, but all are solid values. Buying any one of them is a smart money move.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:05 AM
Honda does engines.

I am also a Honda man. I'd like to pick up a new CBR600RR if I could afford it just so I could enjoy another Honda engine. As for the Accord, I agree with the statements that it's a bit big and the rear end styling is the worst I've seen in quite some time. I actually did not consider getting an Accord at any time because of the styling. Believe it or not, I was originally going to by a 2007 Altima, but the TSX called out to me when I was at the car show last year. The TSX styling is much better than the Altima, I don't even know what I was thinking at the time. In fact, the TSX is one of the best looking sedans out there especially in its price range.