wondering how many posers are on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reach
Great thing about this argument is the C230 is still slower than the TSX. There's not that many cars we can say that about that cost much more. That car is also so small I don't fit into it with the driver seat all the way back and down.
i've heard that the IS250 isn't faster either. it was discussed on this forum back in the day, but i don't remember the details.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I carpool every day with someone who drives a MB C240. We take turns every other day driving, and I have to admit I don't understand what is so great about Mercedes Benz. Yer its a german car, but nothing about the car shouts quality any more than the TSX does. The biggest dissapointment I noticed was the clangy sound of the door shutting. The TSX sounds so much more solid and well put together. Also the interior of the TSX is far superior in my mind to the C240. The plastics feel cheaper and the layout of the buttons are boring and there are way too many. The TSX wins hands down on interior looks and styling, especially when it has the Navi. My co-worker that drives the C240 even mentioned how much she liked the interior of my TSX and said she was very impressed. I think Acura has produced an amazing car for the price you pay, and is very comparable to cars in the same luxury car segment for $K less. Maybe the TSX is begining to show its age a little since a new 3 series, new A4, new IS, and a new G35 have all made it on to the market in the last 2 years with bigger engines and more power, but I test drove all those cars except the BMW and still chose the TSX because of the amazing bargin you get and the great reliability of Honda/Acura, and not whether it can beat another car to 60 at the green light.

Bottom line I LOVE my TSX for what it is. Sorry if I'm turning it into a lovefest !!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
I carpool every day with someone who drives a MB C240. We take turns every other day driving, and I have to admit I don't understand what is so great about Mercedes Benz. Yer its a german car, but nothing about the car shouts quality any more than the TSX does. The biggest dissapointment I noticed was the clangy sound of the door shutting. The TSX sounds so much more solid and well put together. Also the interior of the TSX is far superior in my mind to the C240. The plastics feel cheaper and the layout of the buttons are boring and there are way too many. The TSX wins hands down on interior looks and styling, especially when it has the Navi. My co-worker that drives the C240 even mentioned how much she liked the interior of my TSX and said she was very impressed. I think Acura has produced an amazing car for the price you pay, and is very comparable to cars in the same luxury car segment for $K less. Maybe the TSX is begining to show its age a little since a new 3 series, new A4, new IS, and a new G35 have all made it on to the market in the last 2 years with bigger engines and more power, but I test drove all those cars except the BMW and still chose the TSX because of the amazing bargin you get and the great reliability of Honda/Acura, and not whether it can beat another car to 60 at the green light.

Bottom line I LOVE my TSX for what it is. Sorry if I'm turning it into a lovefest !!
i'm with you for the most part. it's tough to justify spending the extra money on any of those models for only marginally better (sometimes not better at all) features.

the only thing i think most of the cars have better over ours is the design of the body (structurally not looks wise) for a more "driving" machine. especially the bmw and maybe the lexus. i never held the newer mercedes in very high regard, so i can't comment on that. basically, i think of the bmw as more of a sport car with some luxury items to it, the lexus as a luxury car with very good sport qualities, and the audi as a great car for sport, some luxuries, but horrible quality.

i just think the tsx does everything across the board reasonably well for thousands less. it's hard to compete with it.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bradykp
i'm with you for the most part. it's tough to justify spending the extra money on any of those models for only marginally better (sometimes not better at all) features.

the only thing i think most of the cars have better over ours is the design of the body (structurally not looks wise) for a more "driving" machine. especially the bmw and maybe the lexus. i never held the newer mercedes in very high regard, so i can't comment on that. basically, i think of the bmw as more of a sport car with some luxury items to it, the lexus as a luxury car with very good sport qualities, and the audi as a great car for sport, some luxuries, but horrible quality.

i just think the tsx does everything across the board reasonably well for thousands less. it's hard to compete with it.

I agree...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You're right especially with the bold... Only thing is I think the average consumer takes badge status heavy in their car making decision. I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't love to have bimmer or benz sitting in my garage simply because of the brand name. As damn stupid as it sounds, it's true, the average consumer doesn't even know about 5% of the stuff that people talk about on car forums. They, like me, rely heavily on aesthetics because they don't really know (or care) what's going on under the hood of a car other than the basics. I pretty much got the TSX because of the statement I bolded above.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Savio
Charlotte 49ers
LOL

Can't believe they're actually discussing a football team for the school.

But Hell!! I'll get alumni seats

EDIT: BTW, I love my TSX
Old 03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
bottom line is people come here with $30k to spend on a car, and they might be deciding between an entry level luxury, or something like a civic si, EVO, or maybe a camry. all very different cars that fulfill different needs.

i disagree that you think an EVO or WRX is a souped up econobox. I think that the cheaped out version of them are just that...cheap versions of a nice car (kinda like the entry level model of the mustang). companies make a certain type of sporty car, but realize people will buy the car just for the body style, if they remove all the pricey things such as engine, suspension, etc.

some people are torn between getting a quicker car, and a more luxurious car, because to have both, it costs a lot of money.

just because a car starts at a low price doesnt mean it cant have a higher priced model. the cheap nissan altima is very different from the expensive nissan altima. you may think it's boring design (which i do), so wouldn't buy it anyways, but the car spans across multiple market segments really, and targets different people.

you and i are very happy with our choice of the TSX, but there's nothing wrong with people disagreeing with our choice. The car is not for everyone, which is why they don't make 500,000 of them per year.

to a lot of us, either way, when we buy a car, we know we're going to lose money. i held resale value somewhat as part of my decision, but i'm probably going to keep my car for 5+ years, so it's not really a factor for some people.

the point is, there are some haters out there, and there will be. hopefully they don't troll around here, but it doesn't mean we can't offer information to people who end up not liking our car. the goal of this board, to me, is to help people make the right decision for them, as well as discuss the things that we like/don't like about the car.

Very well said...You cant call those car econoboxes because they offer you a choice within their models for different individuals. Honda has a history of not offering a choice to the consumer. If they offered a TSX without many of the std options for 10K less would that make it then an econobox? BMW must also be an econobox company because they offer a choice between a 320 and a M3.

My 2.0T when fully loaded (2006) actually has more std luxury items than the TSX for the same or less money (except bluetooth). I liked the TSX, but in the end it didnt suit my driving style and i mainly prefered the Jetta because of its drivetrain and still offering good luxury items.

When it comes to resale I know that my car will lose more value than a TSX. I also leased my car so im not as concerned.

Depending on what honda does with the next generation TSX you will see the resale drop though on the first generation. If they change the car alot with SH-awd, turbo etc, i think the first generation TSX will drop a fair bit.
If they keep the car close to what it is now it will continue to be one of the best cars in the market for resale.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by cp3117
My 2.0T when fully loaded (2006) actually has more std luxury items than the TSX for the same or less money (except bluetooth).
HID headlamps?
MP3 (ipod) port?
Power passenger seat?
Dual seat and display memories for drivers 1 & 2?
Tire pressure monitoring system?
VW charges extra $1100 for AT/DSG if you go that route.

You're basically right, though. They are very comparably equipped and I looked at the 2.0T/GLI very closely. I couldn't go through another round of service with the local dealer network, though.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by studville
You're right especially with the bold... Only thing is I think the average consumer takes badge status heavy in their car making decision. I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't love to have bimmer or benz sitting in my garage simply because of the brand name. As damn stupid as it sounds, it's true, the average consumer doesn't even know about 5% of the stuff that people talk about on car forums. They, like me, rely heavily on aesthetics because they don't really know (or care) what's going on under the hood of a car other than the basics. I pretty much got the TSX because of the statement I bolded above.
i think the average consumer is more intelligent than you give credit for. yes, people want the badge, but there's a lot that comes with those badges also.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by rb1
HID headlamps?
MP3 (ipod) port?
Power passenger seat?

You're basically right, though. They are very comparably equipped and I looked at the 2.0T/GLI very closely. I couldn't go through another round of service with the local dealer network, though.

you're right it's close, but it's a VW. compare the tsx to the comprable audi is more fair i think.

but in price ranges, the 2.0t gives the TSX a solid run.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by clee109
Japanese cars will never handle like German cars thus suspension mods. ...
Not true, every car company decides where the big dollars go. Europeans go after handling and very new technology, while the Japanese go after proven technology and reliability. Any car company can make a BMW, but choose different avenues and market segments. And once a car company carves out a niche, if they are succesful, noone will bother to follow. Ford can make a 3 series copy that handles as good or better, but the question is would anyone pay BMW kind of money for a Ford? Probably not. Lexus is coming out with a V-8 IS to go after the M series of BMW (with the electronic nannies dialed back) because they chose too, and I am sure BMW will be knocking back some Pepto Bismol to calm their stomachs...

I think the TSX is an excellent value for the price, but is it bulletproof from criticism, absolutely not. If everyone wrote a post talking about how great the TSX was, I imagine people would get bored pretty quick...
Old 03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Very well said...You cant call those car econoboxes because they offer you a choice within their models for different individuals. Honda has a history of not offering a choice to the consumer. If they offered a TSX without many of the std options for 10K less would that make it then an econobox? BMW must also be an econobox company because they offer a choice between a 320 and a M3.

My 2.0T when fully loaded (2006) actually has more std luxury items than the TSX for the same or less money (except bluetooth). I liked the TSX, but in the end it didnt suit my driving style and i mainly prefered the Jetta because of its drivetrain and still offering good luxury items.

When it comes to resale I know that my car will lose more value than a TSX. I also leased my car so im not as concerned.

Depending on what honda does with the next generation TSX you will see the resale drop though on the first generation. If they change the car alot with SH-awd, turbo etc, i think the first generation TSX will drop a fair bit.
If they keep the car close to what it is now it will continue to be one of the best cars in the market for resale.
Obivously you do not understand the term EconoBox. A BMW would not be considered an econbox, unless they had a 3 series that started at around $14K and then tried to option up to a $30k to 40k car. The reason I consider a WRX and EVO souped up econoboxes is because those models come from the Mitsu Lancer and Subaru Impreza, which in my opinion are base entry level cars. Then you would say that if Hyundai took the Elantra and added a stronger Turbo Charged engine and a rally suspension, then it would also be considered on the same level and playing field as the TSX. Hmm
Old 03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by iTSX07
Obivously you do not understand the term EconoBox. A BMW would not be considered an econbox, unless they had a 3 series that started at around $14K and then tried to option up to a $30k to 40k car. The reason I consider a WRX and EVO souped up econoboxes is because those models come from the Mitsu Lancer and Subaru Impreza, which in my opinion are base entry level cars. Then you would say that if Hyundai took the Elantra and added a stronger Turbo Charged engine and a rally suspension, then it would also be considered on the same level and playing field as the TSX. Hmm
you've got it backwards, the lancer is based on the evo, a dumbed down version.

your hyundai example is more accurate.

the EVO and WRX aren't in the same playing field as the TSX. they don't have luxuries, they are pure performance/rally cars. and they're very good at what they are designed to do.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Instructor

I never said that this needed to be a love fest (as you would call it). But when people are trying to compare as you would say "respected rally cars" , then they should not compare them to the TSX. Acura does not make rally cars. (that I know of), if peopole did some research on the Acura brand, it was put in place to offer a technolically advanced luxury car, which I feel Acura delivers on. If you want a Rally car then by all means get a EVO or WRX, but by no means try to fool your self and think that you are driving anything more than a souped up ECONOBOX. If the only thing people care about is speed, and how fast they can go 0-60, then they need look elsewhere besides Acura. That also goes for the other manufactors that claim that their car is better because it is faster 0-60 (AKA: Nissan Altima). Do people relize that they are buying a $34K Nissan Altima? Why would I pay $34K for a car that starts at $17K, when I can get a TSX or TL. It may not be as fast 0-60, but it is a luxury car from a luxury car brand. Not from a general brand. Then they wonder why their car has depricated so fast. Well since the base & mid-level models typically sell more then the same model with all of the options, the base & mid seem to hold value better, while the top end has to be adjusted down to the rest of the market. I speak from experiance on this, when my 2004 Accord EX 4 Cylinder held much better value after 2 years then my 2005 Accord EX V6 W/Navi. Man I really need to stop getting on my soap box.
I'm glad that you feel so special buying "luxury brand", not some "generic brand" like Nissan. Last time I checked, Acura is Honda and Infiniti is Nissan. Oh yea, they call it Honda accord in Japan, not "Acura" TSX. Why would someone pay 34k for Nissan altima? (although I've never seen one above 30k) because they can option it with V6 engine and different option than 4cyl. base Altima.

I don't own a TSX and I dont' come here to be a "poser." Maybe you have the wrong impression of this message board. I've observed that there are great car enthusiast that comes on this board, doesn't matter what you own. Or do I have the wrong perception here and need to get the hell off the TSX board since I don't own one?

People like you or message like this is the reason why other people would come here to bash on TSX. Every car has pros and cons and different fit for different people. I didn't like TSX because I wasn't going to spend 30k on a 4banger sedan. TSX is a great for people who doesn't need so much power everyday. It's a great entry level luxury sedan with nice features. That just wasn't for me and I didn't end up buying one. Don't sit here and call people out for not owning TSX. It just shows your stupidity and ignorance. Why are you sitting here bashing on WRX, STI, EVO, Altimas? Yes, they will just say "that's great, so can you even catch up to read my license plate?" probably not. TSX is slower and less performance car than any of those cars. I don't even see Honda advertising or comparing against these cars.

Please get off of your "soap box" and think before you "rant". So... you had 04 accord 4cyl, 05 accord v6 ex navi, MDX, and TL-S? something tells me you're not so smart with your money or you're just full of s.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ex2k4
I'm glad that you feel so special buying "luxury brand", not some "generic brand" like Nissan. Last time I checked, Acura is Honda and Infiniti is Nissan. Oh yea, they call it Honda accord in Japan, not "Acura" TSX. Why would someone pay 34k for Nissan altima? (although I've never seen one above 30k) because they can option it with V6 engine and different option than 4cyl. base Altima.

I don't own a TSX and I dont' come here to be a "poser." Maybe you have the wrong impression of this message board. I've observed that there are great car enthusiast that comes on this board, doesn't matter what you own. Or do I have the wrong perception here and need to get the hell off the TSX board since I don't own one?

People like you or message like this is the reason why other people would come here to bash on TSX. Every car has pros and cons and different fit for different people. I didn't like TSX because I wasn't going to spend 30k on a 4banger sedan. TSX is a great for people who doesn't need so much power everyday. It's a great entry level luxury sedan with nice features. That just wasn't for me and I didn't end up buying one. Don't sit here and call people out for not owning TSX. It just shows your stupidity and ignorance. Why are you sitting here bashing on WRX, STI, EVO, Altimas? Yes, they will just say "that's great, so can you even catch up to read my license plate?" probably not. TSX is slower and less performance car than any of those cars. I don't even see Honda advertising or comparing against these cars.

Please get off of your "soap box" and think before you "rant". So... you had 04 accord 4cyl, 05 accord v6 ex navi, MDX, and TL-S? something tells me you're not so smart with your money or you're just full of s.
I obviously touched a nerve with a few people here. Sorry, I just thought I would post a thread that brought some conversations to the table. To say I feal better for owning a Acura, I actually do. I enjoy the extra level of service that I get from my local Acura dealer as to what I recieved from the Honda dealer. And I hope that you do not think that I was disrespecting other car manufactures ( my wife happens to drive a Nissan, it's a Murano). I was merely putting out some objectives to make an interesting thread. As for your ASSumption on wiether I am wise with my money or just full of "S", well frankly it is none of your concern.

Some people may spend several thousands on moding their car, does that make them not wise with their money or maybe they are all "just full of s" on the mods they have done. Hmm . I mean think about it a car is the worst investment you can make, but that does not make it wrong to purchase, mod or do what ever the "f" you feel like with your money.

So let me make an ASSumption, since your from GA, turn off your $300 eMachine, go and make sure that the block has not slipped off the corner tire on your mobile home, crack open a Budwiser and turn on your TV to catch that re-run of Hee Haw that you you've been missing.

ASSumptions Suck!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Pro

So much for the quite times...

Name calling, talking at cross purposes, thin skin and out of left field assumptions and innuendo. Ain't life grand? If we only had a parking lot where we could settle our differences. Come one, come all, to our little basher's ball.

I'm feeling ten years younger just reading this thread. Thanks guys for the diversion.

BTW - Anyone know whatever happened to that 17 year old kid that was driving his daddy's TSX??? Or the guy who was slamming his mom who wrecked his new car?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rb1
HID headlamps?
MP3 (ipod) port?
Power passenger seat?

In 2006 i dont believe the TPMS was available on the TSX either.

My car doesnt have the power psg seat but has:

HID's
3 memory power seats (with more adjustments)
No ipod port but nicer sound system with 10spk compared to 8 and plays mp3's
Headlight washers
auto up/dwn on all windows
auto locks
auto sensing wipers
one touch signals
one touch sunroof
full leather seats inc. headrest (not sure why, but later discon leather headrest)
I have the 6sp std but, DSG (cant really compare..for 1100 thats a fair price IMHO)
full heated seats incl seat backs on the psg side

Believe it or not i could keep going on for awhile.....so for the price its a pretty good car with all these extra little toys. This is probably why its compared to the TSX rather than the (TSX vs A4) as its a lot more because of Quattro, better quality materials etc etc.

I did hear lots of problems too with different dealers, but the same can be heard here about acura. The main acura dealer in my town was just slammed recently here on acurazine for trying to rip someone off.
I know a couple VW dealers are the same here also. I go to the smaller of the VW dealers in my town and find them to be very good...probably eager for the buisness.

either way both cars are very good competitors in a lot of ways
Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Pro

you're right it's close, but it's a VW. compare the tsx to the comprable audi is more fair i think.

but in price ranges, the 2.0t gives the TSX a solid run.
Ahhh come on brady (j/k). If the car has what it takes to compare to the TSX, it shouldnt matter if its a VW or not. That would be the same reasoning that i hear all the time here about why people get upset that acura is never compared equally to BMW, Audi, Lexus etc because of the brand name.

The TSX is a good car that arguably isnt quite in the sport luxury segment but better than most parent company brands. This is what makes the TSX so (almost) comparable to a lot of other cars. (it covers a lot of gray area in the market).
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
POSER!! haha..i love this title.

Those TSX vs. thread are ghey anwyas...

but ya, I own a 05TSX and i think it's slow. Back then when I first got the car, I thought 200p was first, and I test drove the car and it was alright. But once I sat in other cars...I noticed the diff
Old 03-14-2007, 01:33 AM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
but ya, I own a 05TSX and i think it's slow. Back then when I first got the car, I thought 200p was first, and I test drove the car and it was alright. But once I sat in other cars...I noticed the diff
Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
rb1
Suzuka Master

I know a couple VW dealers are the same here also. I go to the smaller of the VW dealers in my town and find them to be very good...probably eager for the buisness.

either way both cars are very good competitors in a lot of ways
Yes, I wasn't completely sure about the feature list (and I definitely miss the VW sunroof control).

We have some choices here also, but no good VW dealers close by. But for my horrid experience with the closest VW dealer, I would probably have purchased another Jetta.

I bought a Jetta 2.0 in 2000, which ultimately had to have the transmission replaced after two attempts to fix it, and I've never been treated so poorly by a service manager. I finally had to go across town to where I had purchased it to get it resolved. I traded it for a Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg in 01, which was very good mechanically but rattled and creaked like a bowl of Rice Krispies (and also had a bad air flap box, but they would have had to pull the entire dash out to fix it. No thanks).

After this experience, the TSX's being completely Japanese-assembled was one of the things that sent me back into the Acura camp (though I looked very closely at the all-German-built GTI). VWAG engineers great cars, but I dunno about some of their assembly plants.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Niner Faithful

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
YEA and Drexel got the SHAFT!!!!!! Sorry, just had to get that in there.....Drexel def deserved to be in there more than a few other teams did!!!!!!

Anyway, i had an 04 TSX as well and it did have a few rattles but it was still a good car. The seat movement, glove box rattle, seat belt harness, and something in the trunk that i fixed.

EDIT: Our football team has been undefeated since 1974 (the year the program got cut )
Sorry - even though I think some of the teams didn't belong, you see the losses that Drexel had...Rider, William & Mary, and Penn!! (don't even tell me Penn is good b/c they wont hte Ivy league and made it to the tourney, I think some of those lower conferences shouldn't have an automatic bid anyway
Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Pro

It's kinda like falling in love with an ugly girl. Or from a woman's POV it ain't the meat but the motion. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Many moons ago a friend of mine's sister bought a brand new Dodge Challenger. Now that was scary fast! You could actually see the gas gauge go down when you put you foot in it. This is a consumer's world we live in. There's something for everyone.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Where did my garage go?

So let me make an ASSumption, since your from GA, turn off your $300 eMachine, go and make sure that the block has not slipped off the corner tire on your mobile home, crack open a Budwiser and turn on your TV to catch that re-run of Hee Haw that you you've been missing.

ASSumptions Suck!
hey, don't go bashing on us folk from Georgia. We've finally arrived in the 20th century what with them paved roads and indoor plumbing. Telluwhut. Besides, any self-respecting southerner knows that jacks & cinderblocks go under the frame rails of a mobile home, not the wheels. We remove the tires so they can be used on an old Camaro or El Camino. We also have Hee Haw on DVD. Nyeah. j/k
Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Ahhh come on brady (j/k). If the car has what it takes to compare to the TSX, it shouldnt matter if its a VW or not. That would be the same reasoning that i hear all the time here about why people get upset that acura is never compared equally to BMW, Audi, Lexus etc because of the brand name.

The TSX is a good car that arguably isnt quite in the sport luxury segment but better than most parent company brands. This is what makes the TSX so (almost) comparable to a lot of other cars. (it covers a lot of gray area in the market).
i'm just pointing out that it's not the "luxury" brand of the company, so it's priced differently as a result. when you cross segments like that, part of the price is simply in the branding.

i think that it's still fair to compare them though, but you have to realize that the VW can be less money simply because it's a VW and not an audi.

BMW is different to me because it's their Brand, there's no lesser BMW there's no greater "premium" bmw line.

lexus is the premium of toyota.

i'm not saying don't compare a camry or a VW to a TSX, i'm just saying that part of the Acura price includes paying for the brand. if you badged it as a honda, would the VW compete as much on price? probably not.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
you've got it backwards, the lancer is based on the evo, a dumbed down version.

your hyundai example is more accurate.

the EVO and WRX aren't in the same playing field as the TSX. they don't have luxuries, they are pure performance/rally cars. and they're very good at what they are designed to do.
Actually, the Lancer is the global platform that the EVO drivetrain is adapted to. So, technically, the EVO is based off of the Lancer.

And yes, the EVO and WRX and exceptionally good at what they do. However, they aren't really good direct competitors for the TSX because they fail to provide any semblance of luxury. Heck, the STi didn't even come with a radio from the factory during its very early run.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Still Lovin my 06

one touch signals

the most useless feature of all time.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevezilla
hey, don't go bashing on us folk from Georgia. We've finally arrived in the 20th century what with them paved roads and indoor plumbing. Telluwhut. Besides, any self-respecting southerner knows that jacks & cinderblocks go under the frame rails of a mobile home, not the wheels. We remove the tires so they can be used on an old Camaro or El Camino. We also have Hee Haw on DVD. Nyeah. j/k
Old 03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Actually, the Lancer is the global platform that the EVO drivetrain is adapted to. So, technically, the EVO is based off of the Lancer.

And yes, the EVO and WRX and exceptionally good at what they do. However, they aren't really good direct competitors for the TSX because they fail to provide any semblance of luxury. Heck, the STi didn't even come with a radio from the factory during its very early run.

ok, you're technically right, but the EVO is the car they are trying to engineer there, not the lancer. the lancer is just the car that they sell to the general population. like the entry level mustang. that's my point.

ford wouldn't build the mustang if it didnt have the gt and the shelby, mits wouldn't build the lancer if it didn't want the EVO.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Instructor

ASSumptions Suck!
Thanks for your "ASSumption." your idiotic 31 years old comments with horrible mis-spelling makes me think that you have GREAT education that's not south? 300 emachine? Although I'm using 2000 dollars Macbook, I wouldn't be ashamed to use 300 dollars emachine if it does its purpose. Let me go park my cheap Honda next to my 06 ML350 in my house in a country club.

Sure, it's none of my business how you use your money and I could care less about it. But your empty comments makes people bash on you. How would you not expect people to see you bash on other manufacturers? have you read your original post?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Advanced

ex2k4, why are you taking things so personal? I was being sarcastic and trying to make light of what I wrote. I am really sorry that I pissed you off so much. When I wrote the original post, I was venting on being annoyed by seeing so many negative posts. We actually have a few things in common, I also use an Apple, it happens to be a MacBook Pro( I am not trying to one up you, it just what I use). Can we just call a truce, I never meant for this to get so negative. The whole assumption thing, was meant as a joke.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Advanced

Regarding my misspells, I apologize. I am not perfect, that is why I have an eraser at the end of my pencils, because from time to time I too can make a mistake. Remember the last perfect person was nailed to a Cross. :-)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
kill the beefing. it's done.

this thread should be taken light-heartedly.

i could've saved a few grand if i had bought the 4cyl accord 5mt, or the accord v6 coupe 6mt.

but, the accord exterior just did not do it for me. the suspension, although can be easily modded, isn't as stiff out of the box as the tsx.

the tsx is fine for what it is.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 PM
10th Gear

2006 a.b TSX auto: I knew what I was getting; a refined, rigid, responsive car w/ lots of perks, that had to be driven with a bit of skill to get performance. My other car is a 2004 Accord EX-V6, which encourages driving in "D" and is plenty fast. I can get the same response from my TSX w/ 2500 rpm launches in manual, or even in D3 around town. The trick with the Accord power is the much lighter steering and lighter (suspended) gas pedal, with lots of thrust. The TSX is more work/ more fun!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rb1

After this experience, the TSX's being completely Japanese-assembled was one of the things that sent me back into the Acura camp (though I looked very closely at the all-German-built GTI). VWAG engineers great cars, but I dunno about some of their assembly plants.
I use to think this way too. I dont care where a car is built much anymore, but rather how much the company has invested into the plant, training etc.

Many people have said the mexico plant is one of VW's better plants because of all the money they have dumped into it recently, incl. training the workers. Most people think it would be horrible but thats usually because of more racial feelings towards the mexicans.

The new jetta has been found to have a better build quality than some of the plants in germany...Some of the first GTI's that came over had mismatched door panels etc that dealers where complaining about. Although that was mostly due to unhappy employees trying to make a point during their labour disputes.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Ludacris Speed GO!

Originally Posted by Still Water
It's nice to see that a little "red meat" being thrown on the table can still bring out the gray beards. Yes it has been a little too calm around here lately.

I bought my '04 new in June of the same year. I had the infamous windshield crackling and other assorted noise makers, e.g. the right front speaker buzz. As of now my little buddy has decided to quite down mostly on its own and I drive on some rather bumpy roads every day. I've been comparatively lucky in that department. I guess I'm a little old school here but I've believe in not whining about any decision I've made and will never blame others for my own actions. Besides I find those that do are not the type of people I want to spend any time or energy on. Boring, rude and infantile come to mind.

As for the posers and/or haters, I think most old timers would agree that they don't last long around here. Given the age span and knowledge pool of this community, it is only a matter of time before the aforementioned "fakers" are found out and either are banned or run away looking for some easier targets.

There I said it. Did that red meat just get a little juicier?
Windshield Crackling? I thought I was going insane, I have the same issue. Is there a fix?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro

Do a search on the subject and you will see that the subject and its possible fixes were discussed ad nauseam and I don't recall if Acura ever issued a TSB. The possible fixes are too numerous to restate here. So... have at.

Although I can't vouch for your overall sanity, I can say that your windshield noise is not a contributing factor for any mental decline. I hope.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Instructor

ex2k4, why are you taking things so personal? I was being sarcastic and trying to make light of what I wrote. I am really sorry that I pissed you off so much. When I wrote the original post, I was venting on being annoyed by seeing so many negative posts. We actually have a few things in common, I also use an Apple, it happens to be a MacBook Pro( I am not trying to one up you, it just what I use). Can we just call a truce, I never meant for this to get so negative. The whole assumption thing, was meant as a joke.
I apologize for taking it too seriously.

Macbook pros are great. I didn't like the concept of heavy/big laptops. I just liked something portable. Plus it was way out of my price range for it. Did you get the one with core duo? does it get too hot? I paid close to 2G on my black macbook with some upgrades and I really feel like I over paid.....
Old 03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Racer

I wonder if these are just posers wanting to taint this forum to try to justify there 30k econo cars, such as the EVO,WRX, and Jetta GLI.
What are you proposing? You gonna get your pitchfork from the barn and clean this place up?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zoopa
What are you proposing? You gonna get your pitchfork from the barn and clean this place up?
LOL :wink: No it was just a conversation starter post.

Quick Reply: wondering how many posers are on this forum?