window tint scratching. be careful of who you use!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window tint scratching. be careful of who you use!

I posted this in a different thread but I thought I would start a new one to inform everyone of this issue.

I just had my windows done about three weeks ago by Rocky Mountain Window Tint also in Livermore. I went to high school with the owner and know him very well. My TSX was the first he had done and was worried about the window rub stirps as you call them. The TSX has felt strips on the outside of the glass and rubber on the inside, no felt, he says he is seeing more cars come this way and has seen cars come back due to scratches. He does have a modification that he does by adding felt to the inside rub strip. I took my car to him today and my rear window already has a 6 inch long scratch in the tint. I will have to have the felt added. He has does this to many cars with no issues. He also informed me that he has heard from one of his suppliers that some tint shops are completely removing the inner rub stip to prevent scratching of the tint without informing the customer. Please be sure to ask about the rub strips before having your car done. You do not want those pieces cut out.

By the way on of the manufacturers he mentioned regarding scratched tint were MBZ. The doors are very snug.

Old 09-23-2003, 06:08 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the place that did mine warned me of the same thing. No problems with mine though :knock on wood:
Old 02-01-2005, 12:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a few scratches. i tinted my windows a few months ago.