Window Safety Roll Down Feature of the TSX

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
I make Boom Boom in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Safety Roll Down Feature of the TSX

Has anyone tried the window roll down safety feature of the tsx. The safety feature is when you roll up the window and your limb, head, or etc... is in the window jam (opening), once the glass hits the object it rolls back down. I have tried it using my palm, but I had to give the window a pretty good thump to get it to go down before it rolled all the way up and crushed my hand. I didn't want to try my finger or another object to 1) avoid messing up my finger (since it has mutiple uses ) 2) damaging the window glass/automatic window mechanisms.

I guess I could try some soft weather stripping to see how much force is applied by the glass rolling up.

Anyone got their limb, etc... caught by the window yet??
Old 06-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Racer

its a bad idea to try. it seems like the threashold for the windown to reverse is real high. i bet if you put a full toliet roll there, it will almost crush the toliet roll before the window reverses.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:00 PM
I make Boom Boom in

well that sucks for a safety roll down feature. Either way, your limp, etc.. is screwed but the window rolls back down eh...

anyway to adjust the sensitivity threshhold? I think Lexus had this feature on their suvs and sedans and it seemed more sensitive.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:22 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I agree, I tested this the other day and scared the crap outta myself.

The TSX diagram looks different than other "one-touch" systems I've seen. I don't believe it's adjustable, unless it's a component value change onthe module ciurcuit board.

Usually the one-touch module (built into the switch) detects the electrical "noise" created by the motor on the two motor wires, and if that noise stops or dramatically gets lower in frequency, the module stops the window. (This is basically how the aftermarket modules work, too).

The TSX has 6 wires between the module and the motor - two motor wires and four from the "pulser" built into the motor, to the module. This is suppsed to send pulses to the module that allow the one-touch to work. Apparently they spent extra money to have special motors built that don't work right.

However, the fact that the pulser wires are seperate MIGHT mean that it's much easier to install aftermarket one-touch devices that would work better.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Git er Done!!

I've tried it on my car and it works great. When I bought my car the salesman demonstrated that to me. It just puts a little bit of pressure on your hand and then it goes back down. I've done it countless times and have had my friends try it out also and no one has said that it puts too much pressure on their hands.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:27 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Well, maybe I need to eat wheaties and go on the needle, because my auto-rollup the other day pushed my hand up so hard that I was worried about earning the nickname "Lefty".

Maybe I have a different reference? (Aftermarket window modules)?
Maybe ours work differently?