This is why i hate people

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 06:05 AM
LOUD NOISES!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why i hate people

:angry: This morning as i was taking my duely authorized coffee break i decided to take the TSX instead of the crime scene van, just because time was of the essence. I parked out in front of the deli figuring that I would only be in there for a minute or two at the latest. Of course when i come out, some inconsiderate SOB thought that the keyhole of my door was a great f'ing place to dispose of their gum . Thanks to the 150% humidity it stuck there pretty good, needless to say I think my head is going to explode, of course i drove around the block for the remainder of my coffee break looking for a minty breathed jogger or walker or whatever, does anyone know of a product i can use to get the remainder of the gum residue out of the lock before it does any permanent damage to the paint. I am so mad right now, this is why i hate people. Sorry i had to rant for fear of an outburst. thank you
Old 06-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX CSI
:angry: This morning as i was taking my duely authorized coffee break i decided to take the TSX instead of the crime scene van, just because time was of the essence. I parked out in front of the deli figuring that I would only be in there for a minute or two at the latest. Of course when i come out, some inconsiderate SOB thought that the keyhole of my door was a great f'ing place to dispose of their gum . Thanks to the 150% humidity it stuck there pretty good, needless to say I think my head is going to explode, of course i drove around the block for the remainder of my coffee break looking for a minty breathed jogger or walker or whatever, does anyone know of a product i can use to get the remainder of the gum residue out of the lock before it does any permanent damage to the paint. I am so mad right now, this is why i hate people. Sorry i had to rant for fear of an outburst. thank you
A product called Goof Off is great fore removing gum from carpet so it sshould work well on your lock area. Or spray som WD40 into the lock itself, let it sit awhile & then work the lock with your key. Be sure an rewax the area around your lock when you are finshed. Some people have no conscience or ethics. Sorry about your hassle.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Instructor

You're a CSI ?

On TV they'd dust it for prints, and analyse the saliva for a DNA match ?

Sorry couldn't resist ! Just watched 4 episodes of CSI yesterday

At least its not as bad as the SOB who left a 3" inch deep scratch on my rear bumper
Old 06-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you apply an ice cube to the gum it'll harden up and won't be so gooey when you try to remove it. It works on clothes. Just my
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Banned

This happened in NYC ? (the 5 boros, I mean) ...some jealous fucking bastard !
Old 06-10-2004, 09:46 AM
10th Gear

Guess I should use my first post to help out a TSX owner.

You could use the ice cube method or if you have those "cold sprays" in 1st-aid kits for relieving burns they work even better since you can precisely direct the cold just to the gum. It will work alot faster and leave a cleaner result.

Just my 2 cents, from someone who's always dealing with this sort of crap.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:50 AM
10th Gear

And now I understand why you hate people and prefer to work with them when they're dead. LOL
Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Some people are just so inconsiderate. Sorry to hear about it, TSX CSI.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:16 AM
such a dirty birdy

Bummer. I second the WD-40 recommendation. Good luck with it.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

you could use bug and tar remover.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:44 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Originally Posted by type-s
You're a CSI ?

On TV they'd dust it for prints, and analyse the saliva for a DNA match ?

Sorry couldn't resist ! Just watched 4 episodes of CSI yesterday
Ha! I get that alot, what most people dont realize that it take a long time to do all of those tests and the DNA test costs about $700, and with no exemplar to compare it too i would just be wasting my time and money. I am not in NYC, i am in Westchester County, The northern county that borders the bronx.

thanks for all the help guys, i appreciate it hopefully tonight after the sun goes down i can get this crap of my baby.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:14 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely try the Goof Off....that stuff get everything off. Should do the trick considering that most people who debadge use that to get the glue off. And make sure you clean and wax the area afterwards, just in case.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:45 PM
The Voice of Reason

Originally Posted by robert_tsxgeek
This happened in NYC ? (the 5 boros, I mean) ...
I'm amazed, too!

Chewing gum?

I thought the standard accepted NYC technique was to smear dog poo under the door handle and into the lock!

Old 06-10-2004, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn that sucks, i dont understand why ppl do that shiet
Old 06-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Racer

Jealousy. I hate that shit. I work hard for my money and hard to keep my car looking great. It kills me that people do this crap to other people's property. My dad had someone mess with his brand new Z3 a couple of years ago. A good friend of mine had his convertible top cut up just a few weeks ago. It's weak sauce to be jealous of other people's cars. I'd punish it with the death penalty if I could.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:27 AM
Instructor

and lo and behold yesterday one of my tyres scooped up a chewing gum and stuck strands of it to the lower part of the bodykit !

came off easy thou :-)
Old 06-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Intermediate

What the hell kind of csi doesnt know how to get rid of gum? Use compressed air for christs sake to freeze the gum.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:44 AM
LOUD NOISES!!

Oh I'm sorry picker, i didnt know that compressed air was able to freeze common chewing gum, In your vast experience with gum freezing i guess that this is your preferred method. Becuase compressed air is always -32F?? Some of us just wanted to ask other people opinions but I am glad that i finally got a definitive answer from you end-all-be-all of crime scene investigators. Thank you oh so much for your help, i dont think that i ever would have known what to do if it wasn't for your sage-like advice. Yet another reason why i hate people
Old 06-11-2004, 05:46 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
Old 06-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by type-s
and lo and behold yesterday one of my tyres scooped up a chewing gum and stuck strands of it to the lower part of the bodykit !

came off easy thou :-)
I saw that once on my family's SSM TL and at first, I thought it was a huge scratch on the door. Then I ran my hand across it and it came off, to my relief.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

I hate people too !!!

I hate people too!
Today, I got my first blemish to my TSX.

I hate people too!
Its apparent that someone in the parking lot bumped into my rear bumper.
I know because two very clear bolt mark indentations were left in my bumper from the other guy's license plate. (sorry, I don't have pix to post but I think you can image it. I don't have or have access to a digital camera.)

I hate people too!
The damage is not great but I hate it when people have absolutely no respect of other people's property. Besides, I always park as far away as possible so I have no clue what this guy was doing around my TSX.

I hate people too!
ARggggggh!!! Freaking moron!

I hate people too!
Now, I've got to some how get it fixed. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm currently going through the Yellow Pages looking for someone that does paintless dent removal but don't they just work on metal. I'm not sure if they can do anything for urethane???

I hate people too!
If anyone has any experiences that they would like to share, it would be appreciated!
ARgggggh!!!

I hate people too!
Old 06-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Intermediate

Old 06-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Oops. Sorry about the blank post.
CSI: If you use the Goof Off have some soap and water ready. You have to clean the area immediately after the gum is removed because it's potent stuff. Be especially careful near the plastic parts. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:35 PM
heywood j. ablowme

to elaborate on picker's post, if you hold the compressed air can upside down, the liquid (im not sure what it's called, it's almost like liquid nitrogen) sprays out. i used to f*ck around with the can and tried to "freeze" a piece of paper and break it (not tear it), among other things... i was really, really, reeeeally bored.

i wouldn't recommend it though. i would just try removing as much as possible by hand (with gloves, of course) and then use cleaning chemicals to clean it off. best of luck.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Drifting

wd-40 works really good for a lot of things, gum being one of them. it also doesn't scratch your paint/trim since it's not abrasive. i use it to clean things like tape or stickers which leave a lot of residue when removed. they come off pretty easily when soaked in some of the stuff. also, it's a great degreaser. i do a lot of handywork and my father and i swear by the stuff. hope you have some luck removing the gum and i hope you don't have to put up with any other crap.

god, some people seriously suck.......don't get me started. :sqnteek:
Old 06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Drifting

and thank god for netflix and their stock of tv shows on dvds! i went to bed at 3:30 in the morning after watching 4 straight episodes of csi last night and got up at 2 hours later. well worth it.