Whos got Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whos got Pearl White

I am about to lease the Pearl White/No Nav/Auto. I'm not a big fan of a white car (my last 2 were black) but i LOVE that parchment interior with the wood trim. Anybody have a white one? Whats your opinion of the white? How is it at showing dirt/dings? Do you love it? fyi-The one they have on the floor at the NY Auto Show is white.

Any other feelings on the TSX? Should I get one?
Old 04-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Instructor

I love the pearl white with the tan interior and wood. I'm looking at a tsx and a tl and I'll go with the white pearl on either one. I saw a white tsx with tan and wood trim yesterday and it looked very nice. I have a white 323i with tan interior and it can be harder to keep clean but as long as you don't trash the thing then you will be ok.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Racer

I have PW with Ebony (black) interior and I love it. This combination is only available to Canada for some reason. But as for exterior, white is the official Honda racing color and it looks just nice. The downside is you have to washing it often.

I do like parchment interior with wood trim on TSX, but I will not go for it since TSX's parchment interior is very easy to get dirty. Plus I found the interior with 3 very distinct colors stands out too much. (Black on top, wood trim in the middle and parchment for the bottom).
Old 04-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Subie Tech

Originally posted by ecsw
for exterior, white is the official Honda racing color and it looks just nice. The downside is you have to keep washing it.
It is? I though the Championship white is Honda's racing colour Anyhow, I got a PW TSX. And sorry to say this but I think it's the BEST colour you can get besides the CBG. But since Canadian TSXs don't get that colour. PW would be the best!! The only down fall is that it costs A LOT more to paint. And it's hard to match. I know this because mine got keyed and I've already asked 4 body shops. All of them quoted me at least $700.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:37 PM
101 years of heartache...

white really brings out the fine lines of a car i always say, and the TSX has some very nice lines that are brought out well by the white, and also the Carbon Grey. With White, you need to wash often, but hey, the dealership can take care of that for free. Also dings from the road don't show up as much as on a darker car. short term dirt instead of long term dings, advantage of a light colored car.

as for the interior, the contrast between the tan and black dash is gorgeous!! that would be the only thing i would miss if the interior were black. the wood trim may be fake (aren't all wood trims just some cheap veneer anyway..), but according to car and driver its some of the best they've seen. i think it looks great, and cleaning is not that bad.

if it wasnt for my dad to make the decision, the carbon grey/ebony would be my 1st option, then PWP/Parch. but the white is nice.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Cruisin'

I've got the parchment interior with the Milano Red exterior and I love the combination. In Canada we can only get the parchment interior with red or black and I only wanted the light interior. Love the car, gets lots of attention and is great to drive, very nimble and light.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Orangeblood

i have CG, but wanted PWP originally. I am not as big a fan of the parchment/wood (love parchment, so-so on wood). One of the reasons I got CG was for change (I have driven a white car for 20 years) and the fact that I "fell" for the alumi/titanium strip interior first.

I will say this. A dirty white car is far less obvious than a dirty black car. I'd compare favorably with silver (I have even had people say did you wash/wax your (white) car? when I hadn't touched it in weeks).

Remains to be seen yet how CG holds up dirtwise. I recommend white!
Old 04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
TSX Bronco

I've got a PWP TSX and I love it. I would have probably gone for CG if it was available in Canada but I'm perfectly happy with PWP. I like the silver too but my last car was silver so I wanted something different.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Instructor

I've got a white too and I love it so much...although in Toronto there are SO MANY, yes TOO MANY white that I can see at least 1 of them everytime I go out. I guess people just love this color but the problem is...I don't look as unique anymore...

One problem I find with white is that there are some little "brown rusty color" spots on the car and I have no ideas where it came from, you can't tell unless you look very close. My friend said all cars has them and you can clean it off. I tried it and yes I can clean it off...but for white, they are just a bit obvious. (anyone know where it came from?)

I plan to get my car to a body shop to do another wax and hope to get all of them off...

Thanks! and Welcome to the White Club
Old 04-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The PWP with parchment interior was my first choice and, having lived with it for 5 months, I still love it. The combination looks really good and, I think, classy. The grey or black interior is probably more sporty. My parchment interior tends to pick up scuff marks on the plastic under the drivers seat which are rather noticible. Also, loose dirt tends to show up on the carpet which requires fairly frequent vacuming. Otherwise its stayed pretty clean. The PWP exterior is great. It seems to change colors depending on sunlight. Bright sunlight makes it look very white while sunsets or at night give it a creamy color. The metallic really sparkles too. It hides dust fairly well (much better than a black one) unless you brush up on only one part of it which then shows a clean mark and lets you know how dusty the car really is. I don't know about hiding dings because (knock on wood) I don't have any yet. Also, if you live in the sunbelt, the white color tends to reflect more light and keeps the surfaces much cooler. Same for the parchment interior, much cooler to the touch than grey or black. Just my
Old 04-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Baka Unco

PWP was my first choice and actually I wasn't so sure about the parchment, although I've grown to like it. I just wish I was in Canada so I could have gotten the PWP with the Quartz interior, but I'm happy with what I got.

I'd have to agree that white is a lot easier to maintain than black. At night the car looks clean even when it's not for some reason. My fiance has asked on more than one occasion if I washed the car when it hadn't been for a couple of weeks and she wasn't being sarcastic. Light colored Metallics and white are the way to go as far as easy maintenance IMHO.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:55 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Re: Whos got Pearl White

Originally posted by hschell
I am about to lease the Pearl White/No Nav/Auto. I'm not a big fan of a white car (my last 2 were black) but i LOVE that parchment interior with the wood trim. Anybody have a white one? Whats your opinion of the white? How is it at showing dirt/dings?
Surprisingly, white is one of the better colors for hiding dirt, as long as you're talking about the general layer of grime that accumulates between washes. Of course if you drive through some red clay mud or park under a bird bathroom, it doesn't work so well. Silver and beige metallics are the best at general dirt hiding, but white works OK. Darker colors are the worst.

Note also that in the South, a white car can be 20F or more cooler inside than a black car after sitting in the sun for a while.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Spooooooon !

As long as we're on the subject of the white exterior - why don't they offer more than 1 interior with the white exterior ? It makes no sense to me, it can't cost much more to make available more interior colors for your cars. It's not like they dont have any other colors, they do, just wont let you get them with certain colors.

Bugs me

:swear2:
Old 04-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Cruisin'

i love the PWP. at first i was wary about getting the Parchment Interior... but i kinda just thought i'd deal with it. turns out, that interior, is pretty damn classy. i have the all-weather floor mats too. i would have never thought that those would go good but a friend at work had a car with similiar color interior with black floor mats.. and it actually WORKs! matches the dash. anyways. --someone said something about scuff marks. the biggest problem. but they come off. -- i also agree with somebody else's remark that it hides dirt better. when i complain that it's dirty, my friends say that it looks clean. -- i got a ding awhile back, and i also agree... EXPENSIVE to match paint. ......... either way, no matter what color combo you get, not a bad car.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by amurobo

One problem I find with white is that there are some little "brown rusty color" spots on the car and I have no ideas where it came from, you can't tell unless you look very close. My friend said all cars has them and you can clean it off. I tried it and yes I can clean it off...but for white, they are just a bit obvious. (anyone know where it came from?)

These spots are caused by brake dust, especialy in winter. A good wax remove these spots easily.

ld
Old 04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Thats my Girl!!

I have the same set up as the car you want. i think its a very good selection and plus not that many white was made.
also its easier to clean then the black, im sure you know since your 2 other cars were black..
i love it!!
Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 AM
2nd Gear

I fell in love with the PWP-Parchment combination. It looks so classy. The white is kind of a cream color and the tan interior and wood make it so nice.

Having owned several black and dark color cars, I can tell you that the darker colors look the worst when you can't get the car clean. I'll also tell you that nothing looks worse than a dark colored car that isn't kept clean daily--something most of us cannot do.

The white and parchment also gives the car a light, airy feel that you don't get with the darker colors. I get so many compliments on this car it isn't funny

Enjoy. This is my second white car. The first one, a 92 Ford Taurus SHO, I hated. This one is so cool (metallic white--what a concept)!
Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Instructor

These spots are caused by brake dust, especialy in winter. A good wax remove these spots easily.
Thanks for your info you are judi!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Thats my Girl!!

Originally posted by amurobo

I plan to get my car to a body shop to do another wax and hope to get all of them off...

its Airplane Jet Fuel. if you live near or close to airport you will see these.. as the plane flys by and the fuel doesnt get burned off all the way leaves these particals and fall on our car.. look like bug shit
Old 04-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Racer

Originally posted by JeffTSX
It is? I though the Championship white is Honda's racing colour

I believe they change to PW. I saw a picture of some leading car in some car race are TSX PW. Can't remember where I saw it though.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Advanced

Contrary to what most people thought, I love the parchment. My first color pick was Milano Red followed by the PWP. The PWP was available at the dealer stock so I went for it with no regrets. It's a very classy combo with the beige interior. Had mine for 9 months now.