Who Got the Best Deals in the Bay Area California?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Who Got the Best Deals in the Bay Area California?

I'm buying my TSX next week. I'm hoping any members out there can lend me a helping hand in getting a good price. Please Please Please.. I live in the Bayarea in California. I have seen many different qoutes but they are from various different places. I was wondering if anybody from California can give me a prices on what they ended up paying for their baby. Also, what dealerships did you guys go to to receive your car. Any bargaining tips or stratagies would be greatly appreciated. I hope in the event that I do get a good amount of replies, that this tread will help out other future TSX members from the bay area. I will also list the price I got it for also when I get the car, just to put in my fair share.

Thanks to all acura-tsx.com members

Ben
Old 06-01-2004, 01:40 PM
6th Gear

Got $1200 off MSRP from Stevens Creek acura.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

I'm going to link to my old post again. I've been reading here that the costco quote isn't as good as $1000 over invoice anymore, but I have a feeling you can still get that price.

Norcal Buying.

Hope it helps!
Old 06-02-2004, 01:18 AM
Banned

TSX0001, I would just email or call Acura on El Camino and tell them Stevens Creek quoted you $1200 off MSRP. If they give you a better price, call Stevens Creek and tell them.. El Camino offered blah blah.. and keep doing that.. with other dealers.. and once u get at the dealership.. try to haggle a bit more.. say something like "man.. ok, I'll tell you what.. you take it down another $100.. and I will take it".. Did something like that for my Honda.. and got it for $600 below invoice. I think it's the best strategy.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear

I picked up a 5 speed auto w/o navi at Niello Acura in Sacramento last week for under $25,400. Price included the "pro pack" which consists of a trunk tray, splash guards, and wheel looks. If you factor those items out, your are looking at about $25,200 for the car itself.

The invoice price is $24,692 including the destination charge. Also, there is dealer holdback of $795. I contacted their internet sales department and received a quote of $25,888 . I stopped by their dealership to wrap up the deal and offered them $500 over invoice which represents a fair profit. Even though they are in Sac, you may want to consider them. I contacted several dealers in the Bay Area but they all wanted to play games.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Cruisin'

You guys are the best. thanks for all the support and help. Keep this thread going for the future Tsxers. I going to go buy one this saturday, and hope for the best.
Also, I had an alterior motive for posting this thread, it was to see how many members were from nor cal. I was going to create a "meet" probably at the end of this summer. Does that sound like a good idea to you guys/gals?
Old 06-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Cruisin'

the_Dao: BTW, I saw the thread of yours saying that the dealer lie to you about their was no CG in California. I was thinking about going to check out the same dealership because they offer to beat any competitor price and they told me a CG w/navi was there also. Now I think they might be lying to me. I might be wasting my time heading there. Anyways, was there any hassle when they special order the car?

fremontguy: What model TSX did you get?
Old 06-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Intermediate

First, if you go to Concord Acura ask for Kes and tell them Terence (the CSI guy)sent you. I'm warning you, his manager really struck me as a slimeball, and since he's the guy that sets the prices you will have to deal with him a bit. He did fold to all my demands eventually, but I did have to go to another dealership and get a quote in writing.

They were not exactly lying, I don't think. They said there wasn't one "available", which could be interpreted as saying "We can't get one from another dealership". The CG is a high demand color, so I think dealerships arn't willing to trade other dealers in this color. There definitely was not one on the lot, because they would want to sell it right away if there was.

There's no problem if you order one that is being shipped/built. They will ask you for a deposit (I put $1000) to make sure that car is actually sold (or they would sell it to someone else). I did have to wait 3 weeks to get the car.

I'm down for a meet too! Hopefully I'll have some mods installed by then.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:36 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TSX001
the_Dao: BTW, I saw the thread of yours saying that the dealer lie to you about their was no CG in California. I was thinking about going to check out the same dealership because they offer to beat any competitor price and they told me a CG w/navi was there also. Now I think they might be lying to me. I might be wasting my time heading there. Anyways, was there any hassle when they special order the car?

fremontguy: What model TSX did you get?
__________________________________________________ _____

Carbon grey, non-navi, AT. That's the same message I got, that there
were not a lot of CG TSXs around here. Another dealer wanted to give
me just $800 off and they did not have the car - this was memorial weekend - so I tried another and found the car in StvsCrk.

Well, I see a lot of folks got good deals on this forum, could I have done better?
I'll never know. But you can learn from us.

My only tip is that when you ask a dealer for a discount, make sure you're
ready to pull the trigger to drive over and purchase the car (and make sure
you've checked with other dealers as well). Re- special orders,
a friend ordered an A-spec TL, manual, navi - I think he got it MSRP and waited 3-4 weeks for it. Anyway, goodluck!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Banned

So how much did you end up getting it for? I visited the Stevens Creek Acura just yesterday. I wasn't gonna buy but just wanted to get an idea from the car dealer. They told me.. they will never go near invoice even when 05s come out and they also told me 05s are going to cost a little more in MSRP. Don't know how much of it is true.. but the guy was very helpful. Showed me everything on the navi, gave me test drive, etc.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:46 PM
6th Gear

Car was $25290 + tax, lic and dest charge.