what are some good brands for sub? RCA to AUX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are some good brands for sub? RCA to AUX?

Hey guys, starting to shop around for a box now. What are some good brands out there? I'm was looking to maybe get an eclipse 12". Looking for enclosed subs. Anything else around that league?

Does anyone know if we can actually connect a rca cable to the AUX on the stereo?
Old 09-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Advanced

Re: what are some good brands for sub? RCA to AUX?

Originally posted by DjElucid
Does anyone know if we can actually connect a rca cable to the AUX on the stereo?
Check out the logjam interface here.

If you have a Navi, you'll need to modify the interface, descibed here, or as descibed on their site (same steps, since they came from me...).
Old 09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: what are some good brands for sub? RCA to AUX?

Hey guys, starting to shop around for a box now. What are some good brands out there? I'm was looking to maybe get an eclipse 12". Looking for enclosed subs. Anything else around that league?

how much power are you wanting to run to the sub? What are you looking for, SQ? SPL? or both? i am big audio head so might be able to help you on this once i know which direction you want to go. As for connection get the logjam that mojo suggested
Old 09-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Pro

I'm not looking for anything that will rock the block. I just need an extra kick to the bass. I'm a DJ, so I LOVE MY MUSIC. I just need a really nice low kick in the back. So I guess I would be going for for quality. Would you suggest changing the factory speakers? Since the stereo doesn't have a separate sub control, would the bass affect my speakers after I install the sub?

No navi here.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm not looking for anything that will rock the block. I just need an extra kick to the bass. I'm a DJ, so I LOVE MY MUSIC. I just need a really nice low kick in the back. So I guess I would be going for for quality. Would you suggest changing the factory speakers? Since the stereo doesn't have a separate sub control, would the bass affect my speakers after I install the sub?

No navi here.
Well if you are looking for good SQ sub i would suggest a Resonant engineering SE 10 or 12" sub. depends on what you want. 12 will go a bit lower but difference should not be too much. The most difference you will see is the space required for a sealed enclosure. The SE's do not need too much space at all. THe 10" needs .65 recommended sealed ft^3 and the 12" 1ft^3. Get a decent amp to run 300-600 watts to it and these will sound good. THey have good sound quality and yet are able to really pound. check them out at www.respl.com.

as for replacing your stock speakers, i would do it. since you are wanting good bass you want your front stage to give you some good mid bass. i would look into gettin a set of components for the front and decent coaxials for fillers in the rear. You would want a seperate amp to power the fronts and rears. seperate amp will give enough power to the components and coaxials and clean up your sound so your bass doesnt drown out everything.

as for sub control, you could either get a seperate remote that connects to your amp (if the amp has the capability). OR if it doesnt you could wire the sub as the rear channel and the interior speakers as the fronts. this way you can fade to control your sub. if you amp your interior speakers, you can adjust the gains for the front and back speakers as to set up the correct balance of sound that you would like.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Pro

I've been trying to search for it, where could I purchase them from?
Old 09-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

if you're talking about the subs

you can email them at sales@respl.com

or call them

(702)896 4823