What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's mine for reference:

Originally Posted by jkozlow3
Tell him you'll put down a deposit right now if he'll do $500 over invoive. That's more than enough profit, and several people (including me) have gotten their cars for $500 over. Keep in mind, they will still charge a dealer fee of around $200 as well, so make sure that amount is disclosed and in writing up front.

Just for reference, here's how my '06 with NAVI breaks down:

$27,892 (invoice + dest)
$500 (over invoice price)
$200 (dealer fees)
--------------------------------
Total = $28,572

You should be paying about $2000 less than that if you're not getting NAVI.
Here's how my 2006 NAVI 5AT Royal Blue Pearl broke down:

$27,892 (invoice + dest)
- $392 (i didn't even negotiate)
$189 (dealer fees)
--------------------------------
Total = $27,689

I let him know up front that i was also considering the underbody kit (Still undecided), all season floor mats, cargo net, wheel locks, and possibly the trunk tray. i figured he makes a few dollars on these as well, so that probably sweetened the deal.

you have to remember: invoice != dealer cost, so they are making money off you even at invoice.

but i also remember, these guys are doing a job, and they have to make some cash, so consider your specific situation.

mine is, i'm 23 buying my first car. i could be a lifelong customer at this dealer. i work in new york city, i can refer a lot of future acura buyers. to me, my deal is worth it to the dealer. they'll make money off this in the long run for certain. so far, other than the wait for the car, my buying experience has been fantastic. sure, i complain on some threads about the time and delivery status, but i know it's on its way, and overall, this dealer has treated me great. i can only hope their service department is just as good!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloha,
can you tell me where the invoice fee is posted? Unfortunately we have but one Acura dealership in Honolul and an 06 w/o Nav advertised $30K.

Mahalo (Thanks)
Old 12-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Intermediate

Hi bradykp & jkozlow3,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will try what you guys did to make your deal. I like the idea of getting few extras. I, too, am looking to get all-season mats and trunk tray. Are wheel locks really needed? Is it easy to remove if I were to have flat tires? Does it really deter people from stealing wheels?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by camman
Aloha,
can you tell me where the invoice fee is posted? Unfortunately we have but one Acura dealership in Honolul and an 06 w/o Nav advertised $30K.

Mahalo (Thanks)

cars.com posts invoice prices for 06 TSX. Edmunds does not post invoice prices yet.

The invoice price of 06 TSX w/o Nav is $26,051.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Race Director

Received 628 Likes on 506 Posts
Aloha,

Mahalo (Thanks)
You are not going to get much compromise there - there's no competition.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Still Lovin my 06

wheel locks

Originally Posted by desktop
Hi bradykp & jkozlow3,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will try what you guys did to make your deal. I like the idea of getting few extras. I, too, am looking to get all-season mats and trunk tray. Are wheel locks really needed? Is it easy to remove if I were to have flat tires? Does it really deter people from stealing wheels?

Thanks!

i'm undecided on them. i'm sure they are relatively pointless, but i do live in a city area, so i considered them for what? $30? maybe they'll throw them in cause delivery is taking so long. who knows?

but you're right, i don't think they are a very useful item. if you get the mats and the trunk tray, you might want to look at the "protection package" in the accessories guide, as it's those two items plus the wheel locks, maybe at a discounted price?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Aloha,

Mahalo (Thanks)
You might want to PM our good friend Colin. He is the internet sales manager at that Acura dealership and will likely be able to give you a much better price than what is advertised. Chat with him and see if he can help you.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:49 AM
8th Gear

Thanks for the rapid feedback folks...I ordered an Artic Blue (?) 06 and it arrives today. Hope it's as durable/bullet proof as my last two Hondas (Prelude and Accord).

Happy Holidays!

Don
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

I'm looking at the TSX myslef... My problem is I have an Acura Intergra that is in perfect running condition but has had the airbags stolen. Is this car a lost cause or can I actually get some cash for it somewhere. Obviously it will drive for another 5-10 years just fine and as in the case of all payed off cars it is more valuable to the owner then what it's worth.

Anyways, long rambling explination to a question: Can I get anything for this car so I can get a TSX?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Still Lovin my 06

screwed on a trade

Originally Posted by surferdude
I'm looking at the TSX myslef... My problem is I have an Acura Intergra that is in perfect running condition but has had the airbags stolen. Is this car a lost cause or can I actually get some cash for it somewhere. Obviously it will drive for another 5-10 years just fine and as in the case of all payed off cars it is more valuable to the owner then what it's worth.

Anyways, long rambling explination to a question: Can I get anything for this car so I can get a TSX?

you'll probably get screwed on a trade, whats the kbb on it? subtract the airbags. don't they cost like $1,000 to replace? anyways, if you sell, i'm sure you can find some college kid that thinks it's a good deal, and just knock a bit off the price.

or keep it as a second car, since it is probably very valuable to you.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Advanced

This was so humorous that I felt I had to share...

Email #1 - ..."At Gunn Acura we offer you a simple and efficient way of purchasing your new
vehicle. With Gunn Acura there is no need to spend time going back and forth to get to
our very best price. We will offer you our very best price right up front as we have
been doing now for 10 years. Since not all dealership's fees are the same I will
provide you with this most important number as well. You can be sure that our pricing as
well as our service during and after the sale will meet or exceed your expectations.
>
> The TSX you inquired about has a Gunn One Simple Price of 28505.00. The most
critical number, the bottom line drive out price, is 30535.81. There will be no hidden
charges and this price is guaranteed for 10 days. "... Is he kidding?

Email #2 after I told him I'm not paying MSRP - ..."As mentioned previously in my e-mail you have my very best price already. Since we only have 3 2006 TSX's in stock right now we are not in a position to lower the price. If you refer to Edmunds.com to see what others are paying you will find that we are not far off. Those numbers are based on actual sales for whatever zip code you put in. As an example of our pricing you will find that our 2006 TL's are selling for 2441.00 below sticker because we currently have greater supply.I have a new 2005 six speed for 26394.00 and a new automatic 2005 selling for 26597.00. Most people are understandably not used to getting the dealership's very best price right up front without having to work the dealership for it. We just don't think that is the best way to do business. We are one of the most successful Acura dealerships because of this process and have been doing business this way for 10 years now.
We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Please let me
know if you are still interested. I hope to hear from you soon. "...

WTF
Old 12-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Intermediate

Hey all,

I'm so glad I found this forum and this thread! I've been looking at an '06 MT w/o Navi here in Texas and the price I was given from one dealer was the MSRP of $28505 (including the destination).

After reading this thread, sounds like a good number of you are getting great deals. On average, sounds like an '06 MT with Navi is going for around $28100. Which means an '06 MT w/0 Navi could go for about $26100. This is before TTL + other fees... You guys think this is really possible?

Like others have said, I'm just looking for a price that is fair for both me and the dealer. I have four dealers within 30 miles of where I live so hopefully one of them is down to make me a good deal.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Intermediate

Hi bradykp & jkozlow3,

OK, I contacted the dealer and did what you recommended. I offered $500 above the invoice price of $26,051 (06 tsx auto w/o nav). And I asked for all-season floor mats($132), trunk tray($99), and Side Under Body Spoiler ($450).

He agreed to my offer. The breakdown of the cost is:

$26,051 (invoice price--includes destination fee)
500 (above invoice)
+ 95 (dealer prep)
--------

It seems to me the only things left are tax and tag. Are there other fees which I should look out for? I hope that they don't charge for installing floor mats and trunk tray because I could do that myself. However, I will pay for installing the side under body spoiler though.

I think that this price is a fair price. What do you guys think?
Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Still Lovin my 06

nice

Hi bradykp & jkozlow3,

OK, I contacted the dealer and did what you recommended. I offered $500 above the invoice price of $26,051 (06 tsx auto w/o nav). And I asked for all-season floor mats($132), trunk tray($99), and Side Under Body Spoiler ($450).

500 (above invoice)
+ 95 (dealer prep)
--------

It seems to me the only things left are tax and tag. Are there other fees which I should look out for? I hope that they don't charge for installing floor mats and trunk tray because I could do that myself. However, I will pay for installing the side under body spoiler though.

Thanks again!
great price, but you could have the trunk tray and mats for less if you go to http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx.html

not by much though. but make sure there's no more fees. i got this joke response email from one dealer:

The following pricing reflects the most competitive discounts available in the current market.
The price however is only the beginning. We offer a superior service facility which provides brand new Acura loaner vehicles for regular maintenance as well as warranty work performed, 6 days per week, and much more. Extended evening hours till 11 pm is also available. Please consider our facility your facility.

Without further delay the discounted price for the 2006 TSX models are as follow:

TSX Automatic and 6 spd manual -MSRP $28,505.
Internet price $26,900.
TSX with navigation
Automatic and 6 spd manual -MSRP $30,505.
Internet price $28,900.

OUR PRICES INCLUDE DESTINATION AND ALL MANUFACTURER'S FEES !!!!!!

Competitive Leasing & Financing Programs are available. Call for further details.

PLEASE ASK FOR THE INTERNET DEPT. WHEN YOU COME IN (JOHNNY OR PATRICK)

When would you like to come down and pick up your new car???

*****NOW WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY VEHICLE THROUGH THE INTERNET DEPT., RECEIVE A $250 GIFT CERTIFICATE TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF AN EXTENDED WARRANTY***********
*** Bridgewater Acura is not responsible for typographical errors. All deals are subject to the final approval of management. ***

arent we all so excited!!!!!

and how about that gift certificate towards the purchase of a pure-profit-useless warranty!

after responding and asking why so high i got:

No Kevin,

Read my e-mail again, we are selling the 06 TSX auto with Navi for $28,900.

You will get much lower quotes from all the other Dealers, because they don't have the cars.

We are the highest volume Acura Store, and we only have four 06 TSX's in stock.

Is Blue the only color you'll take????

Johnny

meanwhile, he doesnt have a royal blue and cant tell me when he will. maybe he does better on the phone and making this sound like a great deal, but email, it just looks comical.

finally, he goes on to tear up his own:

I hate to say this, because I am a Dealer also, but Dealers will say anything to keep you out of the Market.

06 TSX's come from Japan. If another Dealer is going to make you wait, it will be for months, not weeks.

If you want proof, I just sold a 06 TSX Navi to a Gentleman from Virginia. (I have the contracts)

Every Dealer around him lyed to him, so he got tired, and flew up to us, and picked up his brand new Silver TSX Navi!!!

But keep on entertaining the other Dealers, they need something to do anyway.

these guys are a riot!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Instructor

Dawm brady....

This is a long post brother... Took a while to vent
Old 12-07-2005, 08:55 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

The invoice price of 06 TSX w/o Nav is $26,051.
Note that figure includes the $615 destination charge.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Still Lovin my 06

just thought i'd share

Originally Posted by bbznyc
Dawm brady....

This is a long post brother... Took a while to vent

just thought i'd share the dealer's emails, since the other poster shared his. i think they are comical with some of their responses. my salesman has the day off today, i left him alone yesterday too, so i'll check with him again before the end of the week. their supposed to get 3-4 cars in, but they don't know which colors are coming first. still cant comprehend how they know a few are coming, but don't know which ones. maybe i'll get lucky and the RBP will be in this delivery.

I think it's funny how every dealer i spoke to claims to be the "volume" dealer for NJ. i didn't know so many locations could be the "best dealer in the area"
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 AM
AUDI KILLER

Dude,
I think you got ripped off. My 05 AT Non Nav was $25,800 out the door. Curry Acura in Scarsdale,NY. Not too far from B.K.

Go and get your $$ back
Old 12-07-2005, 10:10 AM
AUDI KILLER

Dude,
I think you got ripped off. My 05 AT Non Nav was $25,800 out the door. Curry Acura in Scarsdale,NY. Not too far from B.K.

Go and get your $$ back
Old 12-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Still Lovin my 06

who did?

Originally Posted by mybadasswhip
Dude,

Go and get your $$ back

who got ripped off?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

Exclamation Consumer Report numbers

All,

I ordered a consumer report on the '06 TSX. Check these numbers:

w/o Navi
Invoice -- $25,433
Destination -- $615
Total -- $26,048

with Navi
Invoice -- $27,257
Destination -- $615
Total -- $27,872

There is also mention of a Dealer Holdback thus subtracting another $837 (w/o Navi) or $897 (with Navi).

Thus the Consumer Report Bottom Line Price ("the place to start negotiations") is..

w/o Navi $25,211
with Navi $26,975

Thoughts?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:42 PM
User-N-Abuser

Unhappy Total -- $27,872 I WISH?!?

That's a nice thought but no dealerships in my area are touching anything close to those numbers. Best for me so far was $500 below MSRP which they haven't even told me what that was yet? SO who knows what they are dreaming of getting from me...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Yui
Pro

That's very interesting information Silverboard, thanks for sharing that with us =) No wonder they're willing to deal at 28500 to me...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Still Lovin my 06

you're not looking enought

Originally Posted by FromEX2TSX
That's a nice thought but no dealerships in my area are touching anything close to those numbers. Best for me so far was $500 below MSRP which they haven't even told me what that was yet? SO who knows what they are dreaming of getting from me...

if you're in long island, contact plaza automall in brooklyn, they quoted me around 28,371 i think with navi. new jersey dealerships arent doing too bad either. but it's frustrating, because some just flat out wont go below mrsp, some give you destination for free.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Instructor

i never knew holdback was that much...

$500 over invoice is readily available, and seems fair, even if you add in the holdback.

and be careful talking about holdback w/ the dealers...that's the holy grail and will almost never be touched. (remember they have to make a living too)
Old 12-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Still Lovin my 06

did u start?

z-tec did you start looking yet? get any good deals? i'm still waiting to find out delivery date of my vehicle.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by z-tec
$500 over invoice is readily available, and seems fair, even if you add in the holdback.

and be careful talking about holdback w/ the dealers...that's the holy grail and will almost never be touched. (remember they have to make a living too)
I agree $500 over invoice would be fair, but then they start demanding $200 for bogus documentation fees and another $150 in bogus advertising fees -- so that's really $850 over invoice.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bradykp
z-tec did you start looking yet? get any good deals? i'm still waiting to find out delivery date of my vehicle.

yeah, just started, got $500 over + destination down here in baltimore.
haven't gotten a number back from john or phillip at springfield yet, but they both called yesterday saying they wanted to deal...

not in a rush, so we'll see what happens.

thanks again for the contact info
Old 12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Still Lovin my 06

so you!

Originally Posted by z-tec
yeah, just started, got $500 over + destination down here in baltimore.
haven't gotten a number back from john or phillip at springfield yet, but they both called yesterday saying they wanted to deal...

not in a rush, so we'll see what happens.

thanks again for the contact info

so you're the one john has been spending his time with! i feel like he's cheating on me. he never has time to tell me what's up with my car!
Old 12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi bradykp & jkozlow3,

500 (above invoice)
+ 95 (dealer prep)
--------

Thanks again!
Sounds great to me!!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Instructor

so you're the one john has been spending his time with! i feel like he's cheating on me. he never has time to tell me what's up with my car!

Old 12-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by silverboard
Hey all,

I'm so glad I found this forum and this thread! I've been looking at an '06 MT w/o Navi here in Texas and the price I was given from one dealer was the MSRP of $28505 (including the destination).

After reading this thread, sounds like a good number of you are getting great deals. On average, sounds like an '06 MT with Navi is going for around $28100. Which means an '06 MT w/0 Navi could go for about $26100. This is before TTL + other fees... You guys think this is really possible?

Like others have said, I'm just looking for a price that is fair for both me and the dealer. I have four dealers within 30 miles of where I live so hopefully one of them is down to make me a good deal.
You must be in DFW. The local dealers are not too quick to budge off of MSRP but I'm patient and in no hurry to buy. I sent off for quotes from SA, Austin and Houston as a result. You know most Texans don't have a huge problem with driving a few hours to the Riverwalk, 6th street, Bossier, Galveston, Oklahoma...whatever. I have some days off coming up and will go to whoever offers the best deal. Try emailing them all. Let me know how you do.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Still Lovin my 06

OK, how do i tell whats lies and whats truth?

OK, so i'm still awaiting for my car. I talked to a manager at the dealership, since my salesman is off today.

I hear a completely different story.

Salesmen says car is on it's way, but he's trying to locate it from another dealer to get it to me quicker.

Manager says, they have 10 TSXs coming in, and a Royal Blue Pearl is not one of them. Therefore, he says, when another dealer gets it in, he's going to swap one of his cars for the other dealer's RBP w/NAVI.

I'm fine with either scenario, i just don't like being lied to. Is it a lie, or is the salesman just trying to "make it sound better" more like a fib. I guess it's no big deal either way, but what if another dealer won't swap? Right now, they say 95% chance i'll have it the week before christmas. OK, not bad. But if they don't have one ordered, and the other dealer's won't part with one, what happens? january, february, march......jesus, i wonder what the 2007 will have as far as features, maybe i should start looking into it!

Just kidding, but seriously, Colin, do you have any advice for me? Should i just pretend i am not buying a car, and forget about it for a week or two, then check in again?

let's hope those boats are going full steam ahead!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Yui
Pro

Originally Posted by srenitynow
You must be in DFW. The local dealers are not too quick to budge off of MSRP but I'm patient and in no hurry to buy. I sent off for quotes from SA, Austin and Houston as a result. You know most Texans don't have a huge problem with driving a few hours to the Riverwalk, 6th street, Bossier, Galveston, Oklahoma...whatever. I have some days off coming up and will go to whoever offers the best deal. Try emailing them all. Let me know how you do.
Heh, I agree, the DFW dealers I talked to when I was looking at the car back in 03 weren't keen on dealing. Not very friendly either.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

Thank you all for giving me suggestions and recommendations on getting a fair deal!

I have put my deposit on 06 TSX auto w/o nav. for $26,551 ($500 above the invoice price). I am happy with the price, and as long as the dealer does not surprise me next weekend, I will have the vehicle in few weeks.

Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:38 PM
User-N-Abuser

OK, so i'm still awaiting for my car. I talked to a manager at the dealership, since my salesman is off today.

I hear a completely different story.

Salesmen says car is on it's way, but he's trying to locate it from another dealer to get it to me quicker.

Manager says, they have 10 TSXs coming in, and a Royal Blue Pearl is not one of them. Therefore, he says, when another dealer gets it in, he's going to swap one of his cars for the other dealer's RBP w/NAVI.

I'm fine with either scenario, i just don't like being lied to. Is it a lie, or is the salesman just trying to "make it sound better" more like a fib. I guess it's no big deal either way, but what if another dealer won't swap? Right now, they say 95% chance i'll have it the week before christmas. OK, not bad. But if they don't have one ordered, and the other dealer's won't part with one, what happens? january, february, march......jesus, i wonder what the 2007 will have as far as features, maybe i should start looking into it!

Just kidding, but seriously, Colin, do you have any advice for me? Should i just pretend i am not buying a car, and forget about it for a week or two, then check in again?

let's hope those boats are going full steam ahead!
Speaking of your delivery, did they say anything about the crazy deal you got? I have been calling in the NY/NJ/PA area but they all give me the same bull about the cars being so new and they can't touch anything near invoice, blah, blah, blah... I havent spoken to Springfield yet but I'm waiting to read what happens to your deal... I hear alot of horror stories of dealers going back on their deals...
Old 12-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i have spoken to other dealerships

Originally Posted by FromEX2TSX
Speaking of your delivery, did they say anything about the crazy deal you got? I have been calling in the NY/NJ/PA area but they all give me the same bull about the cars being so new and they can't touch anything near invoice, blah, blah, blah... I havent spoken to Springfield yet but I'm waiting to read what happens to your deal... I hear alot of horror stories of dealers going back on their deals...

i spoke to a few others, so worst case, maybe i pay a few hundred more. i'll make it worth it for whatever dealer gives me the deal...
Old 12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Yui
Pro

My sales rep just informed me that the KBB value updates on Feb 1 so he's able to honor the deal we made on a car I take delivery on before then. Woo =)
Old 12-07-2005, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

Hi, just found this forum a couple weeks ago and been lurking here since. Great community here by the way. Well, getting to the point, I've just been offered a 2006 TSX NHB 6MT w/ Navi for $28,500 +ttl through the internet department. What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger? The only bad news is that I'll have to wait for them to order it, and I'll have to put a deposit down. I know there have been better deals around but there are very few Acura dealers around me and this price doesn't seem too bad. Well I just want to know what you guys think before I do anything. Any input would be great. Thanks guys.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Still Lovin my 06

order?

they have to order it?

say hello to my little FEBRUARY. that sucks.

Quick Reply: What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???