Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by TinkySD
Oh yeah I forgot you just look 43

I think your confusing me with that geezer jlukja
Old 12-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
So did your parents buy it for you and you feel that you earned it? Becuase I am going to have a very hard time believeing some part of what you are saying if you are gonna tell me that you are going to get your 3rd college degree plus half a medical program and had enough time to work enough to be able to pay for the TSX.

If you say that I know some part of this is going to be a lie...

But if you are saying your parents bought you the car because you do all the rest of this amazing stuff I guess I can understand that. I mean, I would feel you are pretty justified, if all that's true you must have worked pretty hard, at least as hard as I do at work (probably much harder, as I type this at work). I would reward my kid in the same way.

But before you go around making statements defending 20 year olds everywhere remember that if all that is true you are a MASSIVE minority. I'm not saying 20 year olds with TSX's are spoiled, I feel that is more attitude related then anything, but they were most likely given a very expensive car and that can create the spoiled little brat attitude (eg TSX on 19's or whatever his name was)
I bought my TSX in cash at 20

Though I have to say the money was through a Dot Com I ran for a while as a project. I always tried to start up another one but it never really kicked off.

Anyway moral of the story is... I should've invested my money instead of spending it all on a car. And making money caused me to drop my GPA. So I'd say it's fairly hard to make a lot of money and go to college... and yes I'd be in the massive minority. Plus I don't really take offense if people think my parents got me the car... since they are paying for my tuition.

Originally Posted by DMBand0026
I attended multiple college programs concurrently. I hold two degrees right now, I'm in pursuit of my third, and I am a licensed paramedic in the state of Illinois which required just over a year of additional intense schooling (a two year medical curriculum condensed into 6 months of classroom work and 7 additional months of field internships).

I don't mean to brag about my education or the amount of money I make, but it irritates me when people infer that all 20 year olds that drive Acuras are spoiled because their parents bought it for them. Every penny that is going toward the purchase of my Acura has been earned by me.
If you're from IL I'm sure you've heard of the U of I at U-C and Parkland College? At least 50% of my friends took classes at both colleges in order to cover their easy classes and harder classes. They actually support concurrent enrollment. And two of my friends are taking the paramedic class before they go to med school... They are 21 years old. Most of my friends them have 2 degrees.

The difference is, they don't really brag about it, and I don't think any of them make $86k a year since it'll be hard to find time to do all that and work.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I think your confusing me with that geezer jlukja
Hey! Leave me out of this. I'm enjoying TinkySD's jabs at you. He calls you a and you don't even get mad. Must be true.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
I bought my TSX in cash at 20

Though I have to say the money was through a Dot Com I ran for a while as a project. I always tried to start up another one but it never really kicked off.

Anyway moral of the story is... I should've invested my money instead of spending it all on a car. And making money caused me to drop my GPA. So I'd say it's fairly hard to make a lot of money and go to college... and yes I'd be in the massive minority. Plus I don't really take offense if people think my parents got me the car... since they are paying for my tuition.
Good example Thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
If you're from IL I'm sure you've heard of the U of I at U-C and Parkland College? At least 50% of my friends took classes at both colleges in order to cover their easy classes and harder classes. They actually support concurrent enrollment. And two of my friends are taking the paramedic class before they go to med school... They are 21 years old. Most of my friends them have 2 degrees.

The difference is, they don't really brag about it, and I don't think any of them make $86k a year since it'll be hard to find time to do all that and work.
I'm wondering if the "degrees" DMBand refers to are certificate programs? Like certification to become an LVN? They could be AAs, sure, but Im have trouble believing that the college "degrees" are equivalent to BAs BSs etc. You usually don't have to have a college degree to get into paramedic school, enter a PA program, or even get your pharmD etc, just have appropriate number of hours/units (usually 60 semester units??).

DMBand, would you mind running down the list of your degrees, it would help me have a little perspective. If its too personal I understand, and don't take this disbelief as haterade, I do know many in the vocational medical field, and they do make a good amount of money for their age/education level.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:41 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jlukja
He calls you a and you don't even get mad. Must be true.

Nice try
Old 12-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Audi Driving Snob

Hey! Leave me out of this. I'm enjoying TinkySD's jabs at you. He calls you a and you don't even get mad. Must be true.

Dom know the truth. When he was a noob I was an admin on the old site. He'll always be my beyotch.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:59 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TinkySD
Dom know the truth. When he was a noob I was an admin on the old site. He'll always be my beyotch.

Only cause I wanted to be a moderator.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pharmD

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
I'm wondering if the "degrees" DMBand refers to are certificate programs? Like certification to become an LVN? They could be AAs, sure, but Im have trouble believing that the college "degrees" are equivalent to BAs BSs etc. You usually don't have to have a college degree to get into paramedic school, enter a PA program, or even get your pharmD etc, just have appropriate number of hours/units (usually 60 semester units??).

DMBand, would you mind running down the list of your degrees, it would help me have a little perspective. If its too personal I understand, and don't take this disbelief as haterade, I do know many in the vocational medical field, and they do make a good amount of money for their age/education level.

Thanks.
pharmD is a 6 year program, 2 years of it if taken at a pharmacy school are the "undergraduate" gen eds, and then 4 years is pharmacy, with one being a rotation of 6 week "internships" if you went to a non pharmacy school, it could take you 8 years. and it'd be tough to work at the same time.

i fit the demographic rather well. though it's not just me:

50 percent male ( did lead my girlfriend to the car, does that count?
Median age 43 years nowhere near this, guess we help bring it down (23 & 24)
60 percent married not yet but close....
78 percent college educated me and girlfriend both have degrees, me a BS in Business, she a PhD in Pharmacy
$86,000 median household income no brainer, me and my girlfriend combine for well over this.

These young and affluent buyers have an emotional attachment to their cars (i agree, hell, i've been on this site for 4 weeks and read most of the forums!), but require a rational base to support their purchases (the TSX is expensive, but it's a quality stylish product. partially paying for the name, but honestly believe i'm getting a quality vehicle at a decent price....$27,689 06 RBp/5AT/NAVI plus tax). The TSX supports both needs with its outstanding handling, strong engine performance, distinctive overall design character, and the world-class quality inherent in all Acura products."
Old 12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl

Thanks.
I apologize for pulling the thread off topic, I was just slightly irked by the "spoiled" comment someone made earlier in the thread about under 21 year old TSX owners. I have a bachelors in Fire Science Technology (it was an accelerated program that I just recently finished), an associates in Emergency Medical Services, and I'm working on finishing up my bachelors in EMS.

Somewhat obscure degrees, I realize, but college degrees none the less. I currently work as a firefighter / paramedic for a northern Illinois municipality. My job won't make me rich, but for a 20 year old, I make enough money to sustain myself and have enough left over to afford the payments on the TSX. No, my parents didn't buy me the car, I'm buying the car with my own money. Of course I don't have $27,000 in cash, I'm taking out a loan, but I'll be able to afford the payments on the loan. I'm no different than anyone else, I work hard, I'll never be rich, but if I want something I work even harder to earn it.

Again, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do this to this thread, nor did I intend to drag my so called "credentials" out for all to see. I just got upset about a post earlier in the thread and for some reason felt the need to stand up for myself and for the other 20 year olds in the world who didn't just have things handed to them. I was stupid, sorry for messing up the thread guys. :-/
Old 12-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by curls
I know Acura markets it to the 25-40 crowd but it'd be interesting to see who out there actually visits Acurazine.
Well, as one of the few old geezers here I can say that nearly everything besides pablum and drugs are marketed to the 25-40 crowd, and I am damn sick of it!

In my day, we didn't have Acuras! All we had were '57 T-Birds and Vettes! The Japanese made lanterns for school dances and cheap, tin wind-up toys! We didn't need seatbelts or airbags, either, because we had grown up in the shadow of the Big War and knew what to do if those Commie nukes came rainin' down on us! We didn't need electronic seat adjustors or warm-ups for our ass, we did quite well in the back seats of our Fords and Chevys! Hell, we didn't have FM, or XM, or any of that stuff! We had the Kingsmen on AM and the Coasters and Elvis and all of those groups everyone imitates today!

Okay, so now I have an Acura TSX! If one of you youngun's tries to come off the line next to me I will blow you away and you can eat my DUST! Got it?

Now . . . You want to know my age? It's . . . Older than you!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
whisky tango foxtrot happened to this thread?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Is whisky what they use for "W"?

Back on subject, I'm 21 and have a CGP 6MT
Old 12-16-2005, 07:03 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by ChasC
Well, as one of the few old geezers here I can say that nearly everything besides pablum and drugs are marketed to the 25-40 crowd, and I am damn sick of it!

In my day, we didn't have Acuras! All we had were '57 T-Birds and Vettes! The Japanese made lanterns for school dances and cheap, tin wind-up toys! We didn't need seatbelts or airbags, either, because we had grown up in the shadow of the Big War and knew what to do if those Commie nukes came rainin' down on us! We didn't need electronic seat adjustors or warm-ups for our ass, we did quite well in the back seats of our Fords and Chevys! Hell, we didn't have FM, or XM, or any of that stuff! We had the Kingsmen on AM and the Coasters and Elvis and all of those groups everyone imitates today!

Okay, so now I have an Acura TSX! If one of you youngun's tries to come off the line next to me I will blow you away and you can eat my DUST! Got it?

Now . . . You want to know my age? It's . . . Older than you!
Not bitter... not bitter
Old 12-16-2005, 07:30 AM
10th Gear

Just turned 21. '04 6mt/navi

p.s.- bought with money earned from getting rear ended in my old car(1998 acura gsr)
Old 12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
6MT or Death

Is whisky what they use for "W"?

Back on subject, I'm 21 and have a CGP 6MT
yes, except it has an "e" in it.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Only Acuras Since '93

Originally Posted by dj Dozhe
yes, except it has an "e" in it.
Not if it's Scotch, it doesn't. But what do you kids know?

Hey ChasC, I'll bet my prostate's bigger'n yours!

And where'd feliz go? I hope he hasn't wandered off again. (Actually, I hope he knows I was kidding with him earlier in this thread; it's not as if the U.S. had fifty states when I was born, either...)
Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Irfo
I asked the dealer if Acura makes a car with a strategically-located indentation in the driver's seat -- a comfort accommodation -- but he said no. He did say that if you drive the TSX quickly over washboard roads you'll get a decent prostatic massage, however. You may want to try it.

He added that they may come out with the Acura PSA as these young drivers get up in years.

BTW, does this little guy with the finger remind you of anything ?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Originally Posted by ChasC
BTW, does this little guy with the finger remind you of anything ?
It does look like he's wearing a latex glove, doesn't it? That smile must be either because the checkup was good, or because he really loves his work...
Old 12-16-2005, 07:05 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

It does look like he's wearing a latex glove, doesn't it? That smile must be either because the checkup was good, or because he really loves his work...
...or the fact you just realized that both his hands were on your shoulders while, somehow, a "finger" continued the exam. now it makes sense why he gave you his number and said you two should get together later for a drink.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tireguy
...or the fact you just realized that both his hands were on your shoulders while, somehow, a "finger" continued the exam.

Whoa! Wait a minute! I like my doc, but I don't want to have his baby!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Originally Posted by Tireguy
...or the fact you just realized that both his hands were on your shoulders while, somehow, a "finger" continued the exam. now it makes sense why he gave you his number and said you two should get together later for a drink.
I'd find the first part, although not the second, shocking.

See, my doctor is a she. (Hey, if I've gotta pay to get naked with someone, it's going to be a woman ).

I've always gone to women doctors... and you probably won't believe it, but yes, years ago I did ask one of them out mere minutes after that exam, and she said yes.

True story.

So remember kids, like an Acura, a healthy prostate's a Chick Magnet !!

(Is it time, yet?)
Old 12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Advanced

I think I'd be embarrassed to have a woman physician see me in the buff, although I do recall a female intern looking on as my regular physician gave me the exam. Hope it was good for her . . . . oh, the indignities we suffer!

So, about that date with the female physician: Did you get "clinical" with her? I know, none of my damn business!

BTW, I picked up my '05 TSX just this afternoon. What a great ride! It guided me home with that purring female voice, did well in the snow, but I never got out of fourth gear! Once the roads are clear, I'll put it through its paces.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 12-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
but at the :killer: convo.

Oh well, it'll be my time in 20 years.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Racer

And where'd feliz go? I hope he hasn't wandered off again. (Actually, I hope he knows I was kidding with him earlier in this thread; it's not as if the U.S. had fifty states when I was born, either...)
I'm here, I was away for a few days with computer problems, I forgot where the on switch was.

After reading a few posts I did a self examination to check my prostate size and in fact I do have the largest prostate on the forum, next time I'm using rubber gloves though.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
lol true... but I just bought my car with my first job.

I'm assuming that those under 21 are still in school and therefore don't have their first real job yet, that is, a job that pays enough to warrent a $30k car

Lol, I don't know how I could have paid for this before a year ago... and I worked
This is my 3rd car by the way, all of them I've bought myself (and all of them honda).
Old 12-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

(Is it time, yet?)
Oh god, yes!