What do you do when you pull up beside a cop or when you get pulled over?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by feelgood13
I would motion like i'm pulling a gat on him as he's walking up. They LOVE that kind of stuff.
You, sir, are an idiot, and deserve whatever fate you find yourself in.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
^ 2nd
Old 09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
wiz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to have the worst luck with getting pulled over. I tend to get pulled over a lot and have gotten 4 tickets in my TSX in the 3 and a half years I have been driving it. I just got 2 here recently, one for speeding (I think I was going 58 in a 35 in Buckhead which was Atlanta PD) and the other for running a red light. I was pissed at myself for getting the speeding ticket, but I felt like the officer should have let me off with a warning for the red light. I looked down for a minute when I was driving home from playing basketball and when I looked up the light had turned yellow, I hit the brakes but I would have ended up in the middle of the intersection had I stopped, so I went ahead and gave it some gas and coasted through the intersection. Sure enough the Lawrenceville PD was sitting right there and pulled me over. I was extremely apologetic and told him if I had stopped I would have been in the middle of the intersection so I asked him what I should have done. He said, "Pay closer attention when you're driving". Asshole...$84 out of my pocket.

Oh, and the speeding ticket was $250 paid online though. Very easy to deal with Atlanta PD.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wiz
I seem to have the worst luck with getting pulled over. I tend to get pulled over a lot and have gotten 4 tickets in my TSX in the 3 and a half years I have been driving it. I just got 2 here recently, one for speeding (I think I was going 58 in a 35 in Buckhead which was Atlanta PD) and the other for running a red light. I was pissed at myself for getting the speeding ticket, but I felt like the officer should have let me off with a warning for the red light. I looked down for a minute when I was driving home from playing basketball and when I looked up the light had turned yellow, I hit the brakes but I would have ended up in the middle of the intersection had I stopped, so I went ahead and gave it some gas and coasted through the intersection. Sure enough the Lawrenceville PD was sitting right there and pulled me over. I was extremely apologetic and told him if I had stopped I would have been in the middle of the intersection so I asked him what I should have done. He said, "Pay closer attention when you're driving". Asshole...$84 out of my pocket.

Oh, and the speeding ticket was $250 paid online though. Very easy to deal with Atlanta PD.
Given you a warning for a red light? Sorry...I think it's safer if they go easy on the speeding tickets rather than red light violations. People can get really hurt because of that.

I almost got side-swiped by a guy not paying attention. If I had hit the gas as soon as the green light came on, he would have t-boned me and I would be dead. The guy went straight through on a red light. Luckily, I wasn't in a hurry for once and he missed me by literally inches. That red light thing is serious stuff...
Old 09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
X spots the mark

I swear, there's no blood in my alcohol, Ossifer....
Old 09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by whynot
I swear, there's no blood in my alcohol, Ossifer....

Just give Johnny Law what he wants, and don't give him a hard time.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I Know Right?

Originally Posted by stogie1020
You, sir, are an idiot, and deserve whatever fate you find yourself in.
Don't tell me you couldn't tell that was a joke...
Old 09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was stopped in downtown Richmond, VA in middle of VCU campus a couple of months ago. I was trying to find a new customer location and just kept driving in circles until I found it. Well, until the kind police officer told me where it was.

I was in the right lane, bus in left lane, and the only options were L or R. I looked right and saw it was taking me the wrong way, so when the light turned Green and the bus didn't budge I turned on my blink-blink and went Left. I had plenty of space and the bus pulled out behind me but a moto-cop passed all 5 cars behind us and pulled me. Now, being a concealed permit carrier it showed up on my call in. The police officer approached and said "That's a nice looking TL. Do you have a weapon on you, Mr. Fox?" I skipped the compliment and went right to the "no". They have had a few abductions and shootings on campus and they are cracking down on violations. He handed me the tic and told me how to get where I was going. I totally forgot to say 'thanks' for the "nice TL" and felt so bad I hoped I saw him again and apologize for being rude.

I've been stopped at 105mph before (10+ yrs ago). The bugger caught up with me at the top of a suspension bridge in RIC but I didn't stop until I got to the bottom. Too many drivers get to the top and start looking out the windows at the pretty scenery and I didn't want to be a victim of stupidity (like I'm one to talk at 100+!!) so I continued down the bridge to the other side. He definitely didn't like that! I saw the bright spotlight (10pm) and heard a distinctive "click" of a barrel being racked. My response "I just wanted to see what it would do, officer" They did a standard search of the vehicle, tossed my car cover on the ground. "Dude- don't get that dirty!" Whoops. All they found was a Bible in the back seat. What a great witness I was that night.

I would love to take the TL to it's 155 mark, but it will have to be on a track. That little incident could have lost my license and my job (in sales). I got out of that though with a little, shall we say, "weekend duty".

Be safer than you are stupid, please.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by driver centric
Don't tell me you couldn't tell that was a joke...

Oh, I thought jokes were funny....
Old 09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Advanced

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Ummmm..........because you thought I had doughnuts?"
Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by Threedom
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Ummmm..........because you thought I had doughnuts?"
muhahahahah good one, will guarantee you a ticket and the maximum amount of violation he can dig up in the vehicle code book !
Old 09-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Got a pretty funny story and some advice for a few of you out there!! I was in the car with my best girl friend (not my g/f), and she is not the best driver but my car was in the shop at the time so oh well. But we went to the beach and she used the turning lane to pass some one who was doing God knows what in the main lane. But since she isn't the best driver, she like slammed on the gas to go around him faster and chirped her tires as she turned the wheel really hard both to go around and to come back into the lane....so wreckless driving pretty much and speeding. And a cop was at the next intersecting just waiting for her...

The cop pulls her over and she is trying to think fast because she has just got a previous ticket for speeding in NJ (which is now where we were at the beach) and she didn't want another ticket in NJ cause she had points from the previous ticket.

So, there is a water bottle sitting in the middle console and what the heck does this girl do.....she takes the water bottle and dumps some of it on her pants and splashes some in her eyes. The cop comes to the window and she starts balling her eyes out before the cop even says why he pulled her over, as i try soo hard not to laugh and shes tells him that she had an accident while we were at a party (sorry, it was night time) and that she just had to get herself home. I started laughing and so i played it off like i was a b/f who didn't care that she "peed" her pants and the cop tells me to stop laughing and tells her to just take care of herself and go straight home! We drove off and she started laughing and i was just like WOW!!!!

On a personal note, i have only gotten pulled over twice and got them both brought to fees of $45 and $50 with not points after they should have been $200-$300 and 3-4 points! got lucky!!
Old 09-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Instructor

i pull out my weiner and start to masterbate
Old 09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BzeTSX
i pull out my weiner and start to masterbate

haha what will this accomplish?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Cruisin'

ive gotten pulled over three times. twice for speeding and once for rolling a stop sign. each time has been like at 2 or 3 am. and each time they've asked 'where do u work?' and i tell them im a firefighter and they let me go.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Howard911s
Just want to hear some more kind of excuses tsx driver may give when get pulled over for any kind of reasons..... to enrich my library of collections~~

last time when i got off work at 2am...I only got 1 block away from work....this black/white drove toward me... as soon as he saw me.. he did a 180 (talking to myself OH SHIT!) and pulled me over. 2 guys got off the car... walked up....shine the infamous mag light in my face... 'sir, I pulled you over because.................OH SHIT', i said 'no shit...can I go home now'....cant believe he didnt recognize my car.. and he ran my plate, but didnt wait for the dmv return and came to me he became the laughing stock for next week...

FUnny thing was... that day, he was determined to give ticket... 1) he pulled over a firefighter....no can do... 2) he pulled over this chick who just burst out crying as soon as he walked up to her..... (he too soft hearted).. 3) he was sooooooooo determined when he pulled me over and saw me................ cracking me up.... overall a bad day for him....

i'm confused, why was he the laughing stock for pulling you over?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp
i'm confused, why was he the laughing stock for pulling you over?

i believe that howard is a fellow police officer. so when the guy pulled him over it was essential him pulling over his "boss".
Old 09-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
when i get pulled over, i politely ask the cop to see his/her radar gun. that usually gets them upset, but you have a right to know and i usually can get by with just a warning
Old 09-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by jwood_04TSX
Got a pretty funny story and some advice for a few of you out there!! I was in the car with my best girl friend (not my g/f), and she is not the best driver but my car was in the shop at the time so oh well. But we went to the beach and she used the turning lane to pass some one who was doing God knows what in the main lane. But since she isn't the best driver, she like slammed on the gas to go around him faster and chirped her tires as she turned the wheel really hard both to go around and to come back into the lane....so wreckless driving pretty much and speeding. And a cop was at the next intersecting just waiting for her...

The cop pulls her over and she is trying to think fast because she has just got a previous ticket for speeding in NJ (which is now where we were at the beach) and she didn't want another ticket in NJ cause she had points from the previous ticket.

So, there is a water bottle sitting in the middle console and what the heck does this girl do.....she takes the water bottle and dumps some of it on her pants and splashes some in her eyes. The cop comes to the window and she starts balling her eyes out before the cop even says why he pulled her over, as i try soo hard not to laugh and shes tells him that she had an accident while we were at a party (sorry, it was night time) and that she just had to get herself home. I started laughing and so i played it off like i was a b/f who didn't care that she "peed" her pants and the cop tells me to stop laughing and tells her to just take care of herself and go straight home! We drove off and she started laughing and i was just like WOW!!!!

On a personal note, i have only gotten pulled over twice and got them both brought to fees of $45 and $50 with not points after they should have been $200-$300 and 3-4 points! got lucky!!
"i pissed my pants at a party" doesn't get you an automatic sobriety test? wow.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CERISE
Well usually between the time it takes me to SLOW DOWN... Turn down my Stereo system.... pull over.... Park.... Turn off car.... get out wallet, Licsence, Registration and insurance papers.... IVE CURSED THAT DAMN COP AND HIS MOM LIKE 96 TIMES!!!! (...JK...)

I juss look straight out the glass, let him come to me, I already have my papers out and im handin them to him out the window before he gets to me....

we dont say much....

no disrespect to the cops in this world personally, Im sure at least some of u are good people wen that damn SUPERMAN cape and costume u call ur uniform is off... but I cant help but get really frustrated wen in the middle of the nite, wen Im crusin along wit my girl...juss cruisin!!! Not racing... not REALLY speeding ( fine i do admit, I wasnt under the poseted 60 km/h or 100 km/h or watever... but I wasnt thinkin I was on the Autobahn either!!!) Im alone on the road....then out of no where these cherries are flashin in my rearview, flashlites are blindin me in my face, and these cops are got they're hands on they're guns, lookin like they ready to shoot me in the head cus I was doin wat, 70?!?!?

its not needed... I admit, I wasnt doin less than 60... but unless im flyin down the road doin a buck sixty like I stole this damn (oh so freakin sexy, sleak, beautiful 2005 PWP TSX) car, you dont need ur freakin guns out to give me a damn speedin ticket, thats gonna get dropped wen u dont show up to court anyways!!!!

I dont really meen to sound so ignorant and bitter...but i am a lil pissed off... its degradin!!

BLESS!!!!
best not to shuffle around in the car too much before her gets to the window. ever think that might be why his hand is on his gun?

cops have been shot through the glass before, so it's natural they are on guard.

when i get pulled over i turn on my flashers, turn on the interior lights so he can see me, and keep my hands on the wheel in view until he asks for my stuff.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by HoRRo
nevermind, after going thru 15 pages, finally found the thread.
post link?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Still Lovin my 06

actually it is completely needed contrary to what most people think. MOST POLICE OFFICER KILLED in the line of duty are from traffic stop, reason? cause when police pull someone over, they usually do not know what the guy had done beyond looking suspicious or speed violation, however!! the guy in the car may be rapist, seriel killer, bank robbery, have 3 strikes on him.. or he may have just SHOT and killed someone in the next city that police do not know about yet! but HE may think the police is after him for what he had done when cops dont even know wat he had done, they just open fire and shoot first.

May i suggest to everyone, to avoid getting shot or misunderstanding, when you get pulled over, TURN ON the dome/interior light of the car, all passenger put your hand either on the dash board or the steering wheel, that way, from far away, police can see well lit interior of vehicle and can see all your hands.. taken that worry away, you guys may get off to a good start.

a while ago, this LA County Sheriff car pulled over a guy. actually was attempting to, the guy stopped in middle of the street on 119th street, got off the car, sprayed the deputies and black white with AK-47 as he got off the car.................. they were pulling him over only for speed violation, hope this share a little bit insight as to why police can be high strung, hands on guns when they pull anyone over....
glad to read this....it's essentially what i do every time. i have some PA State Police friends....
Old 09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Still Lovin my 06

there are so many instance where we have to disregard traffic rule and not light up and no sireen. i.e. hostage situation, someones house being broken in, citizen on phone with us, we dont want to alert them as it is. robbery in progress with hostage, or silent panic alarm, we wanna get there asap wthout ouor presence being known. these, normal people are not exposed to and nobody explain to regular folks, therefore lots of impression on police disobey rule for no reason all the time.

what about when police talk on cell phones and drive when it's illegal to do that? i see that all the time. i know that most of the time when police are zipping on the highway they are just cruisin. it is very frustrating to see that.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by psteng19
I pull out my PBA or DEA card and tell him to f*ck off

JK, but I do pull out the card (uncle is retired NYPD detective) and act scared and like I've never been pulled over before.
Gotten away probably 6 times (out of 6 times) for stupid things (blocking the box in NYC, illegal U turns, busted headlight, tint) and only a couple times for speeding.

hahahaha. stupid things...blocking the box is so annoying. you should be shot!

busted headlight is annoying to other drivers....affects their judgement. tint, you're right, stupid for having an illegal amount. illegal u-turns are debatable.

just raggin on ya man.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by ron8818
WHEN I SEE A COP and im speeding, i slow down by NOT pressing the BRAKES, cuz like someone said, its admitting guilt. and you get his attention, I have seen many cops pull people over after they slam on the brakes cuz their speeding.

What I do is, (this has happened before)
1) DOWN SHIFT (engine braking)
2) Pull handbrakes in a slow slow motion,
and BAM you just went from 90 --> 65mph without using ur brakes .....
hopefully ur not racing, and the person behind you crashes up to you.....
thats a mess...

DONT STREET RACE!!

TSX is meant for autoX. hehehehe
you're beyond caught by the time you finish all that.