Old 06-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3M show car wax
and NXT
Old 06-21-2004, 05:01 PM
TSX Bronco

NXT from now on here. My results are in the Gallery forum.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Racer

Zaino
Old 06-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Battousai the Manslayer

Meguire's NXT Wax and Wax Booster... There is none higher!
Old 06-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Intermediate

Zaino.
I alot of work but worth it so far...
Old 06-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

The wolfgang twins, easy on and easy off just keep it thin. Has a nice warm carnauba like glow.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Racer

zaino, mcguire's etc are all good waxes but they aren't the same quality as carnauba 21s or pinnacle waxes. both of these lines are far superior waxes. it is well worth spending the extra ten or fifteen bucks for these types of waxes when you have a tsx.
By the way I highly recommend armor all car wash wipes for regular cleaning. They require no drying and leave no spots. Use them from the time you get the car and you will need no other washing- they leave the car spotless. Wax every few months and that should keep your car looking great.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheDuke
If you are having problems with swirls and scratches; try using a clay bar BEFORE you try covering it with touchup paint. If you strip the existing wax, (use Dawn dishwashing soap to strip the wax) and then use a clay bar with it's cleanser; it should clean the paint surface to a smooth finish. Then rewax the entire area.
Keep in mind that clay will NOT remove the scratches. It will clean the paint of all contaminants but won't get rid of scratches. For that you have to use a polish.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Race Director

wow, my thread i started earlier this yr is still going? sweet!

btw, has anyone tried that mr. clean autodry wash? does it live up to its expectations?
Old 06-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro

1st time zymol 2nd time NXT.....Next time Zaino.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
wow, my thread i started earlier this yr is still going? sweet!

btw, has anyone tried that mr. clean autodry wash? does it live up to its expectations?
It didnt really dry itself like it said, but its cool for bucket-less wash I put NXT carwash in mine, against the instructions. worked out ok. it hasnt konked out yet ...but if it does who cares it was13 bucks. I use it as a nozzle.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Quattro in.....

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:56 PM
TSX Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiar's Medallion Premium Paint Protection.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by floridaowner
zaino, mcguire's etc are all good waxes
No, they are NOT good waxes.
zaino isnt even a wax man. Its a polymer - and has NEVER been outtested on any forum for total overall product ...
carnauba in the texas or florida sun? forget about it . . . that sun will bake off a soft wax like P21S - in days - not months like the protection a good synthetic provides.

but they aren't the same quality as carnauba 21s or pinnacle waxes.
again, zaino isnt a wax - and what wax is best is a matter of personal concern. they all have good points - some more than others. mcguiars makes a fine line of stuff- i know many show winners who use it - which pinnacle are you talking about?

both of these lines are far superior waxes.
not true . . .far superior is subjective . . . tell us what makes them so - as far as your experiences . . .maybe someone else wil benefit . .

it is well worth spending the extra ten or fifteen bucks for these types of waxes when you have a tsx.
agree and disagree .. its worth spending the money when you love any car - and its worth spending the money ONLY if the product will meet your expectations and demands as far as shine, durability, ease of use, etc etc etc . . I never tel someone that Brand X is the greatest for them .. it might not be right for them . .. lots of applications may not suite a person, white residue or staining of black plastic may not suite them, the need of a poliher might not be up their alley, etc etc

By the way I highly recommend armor all car wash wipes for regular cleaning. They require no drying and leave no spots. Use them from the time you get the car and you will need no other washing
see, now I know you are kidding . . . wash wipes? what exactly are you rubbing all over the surface of that fine new paint? what pulls the dirt away from the surface if you are using a thin mat material to wipe it off?
Old 06-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Racer

Pinnacle car waxes are some of the most respected products worldwide and they do not sell in your local stores. You will hear top detailers mention there products. There is a reason they are anywhere from five to fifteen times as much money as some of the waxes mentioned here( their top wax runs seventy dollars). They are based here in Florida and there carnauba wax has polymers in it that give the wax a durability of that of a paint sealant. They would not be in business all these years by selling such expensive waxes unless they were good products. www.pinnaclewax.com
As far as the Florida sun, us Floridians appreciate top waxes as evidenced by all the shiny sports cars found driving around the sunshine state. It is no coincidence that Pinnacle is based in Florida and their products are derived here in Florida to withstand the heat and humidity. Mcguires etc can be found in any store for seven bucks or so but you are comparing apples and oranges. the 21s product is also a very good wax.
As far as the armor all wipes- armor all makes some very good inexpensive products and there wipes again are not cheap but amazing. My tsx looks brand new( wherever I go people are looking at it)- and maybe even better than when it was bought and all I use are wipes and wax.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by floridaowner
Pinnacle car waxes are some of the most respected products worldwide and they do not sell in your local stores.
correct . .they dont sell in stores. i dont get the "point of that - zaino doesnt sell in stores either, yet you "knocked it" in favout of Pinnacle..

You will hear top detailers mention there products.
I hear top detailers mention a lot of products . . .

There is a reason they are anywhere from five to fifteen times as much money as some of the waxes mentioned here( their top wax runs seventy dollars).
exactly what is that reason... P21S sells for $20 a jar - and is great. But it is not durable.
if you are determining the value of something based on a price - thats not enough. There is such a thing as overcharging. Guru reports claimed they couldnt tell much dufference between Paste Glaz and Souveran . .price is major difference = from 35 to 70 - yet very very little difference noted in their test. ?

They are based here in Florida and there carnauba wax has polymers in it that give the wax a durability of that of a paint sealant. They would not be in business all these years by selling such expensive waxes unless they were good products.
Well, you cant really say that,and expect a rational mind to hold it to truth. Example - Zaino is made in New Jersey of all places - and they are constantly rated number on ein tests . .. mcGuiars is made in Calif . .its hot out there like Florida, so that rational used against them makes it better than Zaino, and equal to Pinnacle ? hmm . . .
Heck - P21S is made in Germany - not hot or sunny over there . . . .
Also, there are many companies in biz for a long time - and they just find new customers. It only takes one happy camper to tell more . . and unless you have tried numerous items , you might just think that Turtle wax is great . .or Blue Coral - or whatever else you shined it up with . . ..

As far as the Florida sun, us Floridians appreciate top waxes as evidenced by all the shiny sports cars found driving around the sunshine state. It is no coincidence that Pinnacle is based in Florida and their products are derived here in Florida to withstand the heat and humidity.
see above

Mcguires etc can be found in any store for seven bucks or so but you are comparing apples and oranges.
how is price determing over a good product?
heck, you are using cheap armor all wipes to wash the car ? and you state they make good inexpensive stuff .. that point is lost on me . .
the 21s product is also a very good wax.
yes, yes it is . . . for hwat it does and if that is what you want from a wax, then great - it is perfect for some people.

My tsx looks brand new( wherever I go people are looking at it)- and maybe even better than when it was bought and all I use are wipes and wax.
perfect . . . thats the entire point . ..

BUT, dont blind yourself, or limit possibly having the car be better protected and looking better through modern chemistry my friend.

I dont want it to look like I chomping for a fight here . . . i just have this need to point things out to people who have mis-conceptions . .. these boards are full of folks who are new to "serious car care" - and mis-info doesnt help them.
In fact - Id suggest getting a copy of the Guru Reports . . major league serious reading on 46 products for paint care . ..
It opens ones mind . ..
Old 06-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Racer

No doubt there are lots of good products. Some points to clarify. All carnauba waxes are not of same quality. Pinnacle uses highest grade carnauba wax along with crystallized polymers for durability. I agree sixty bucks for there highest wax maybe too high but there twenty five and thirty dollar waxes are a good buy. Florida heat and Texas heat is like no other, and the cars driven in Florida are quite unique- you will see more ferrari and top notch cars driven in south florida than any other area. We take great pride in our cars here, and Pinnacle doesn't let anyone down. Another point- armor all wipes are very expensive- close to five dollars for a wash of the car which is again much more expensive than most products on the market. By the way, the definition of wet look became apparent last week when I went our to my car and grabbed a towel because I thought it was wet from a recent rain, only to see it was the reflection off the car. I could only laugh.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Race Director

i've decided to save time and just buy some spray wax, let's see if it's all that.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Banned

Personally ive been using the new Tutle wax, there brand new clear stuff is good, then goin over that with a coat of McGuiers,
Old 06-30-2004, 08:26 AM
TechLedr

Meguire's NXT. Went on very easy also. Didn't have time to pick something that was high-maint.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:47 PM
9th Gear

Klasse All In One followed by PS21. Looks awesome on black paint.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 258 Posts
Zymol on my CG TSX. took out the swirl marks the dealer left when they washed it. doesn't feel smooth for a wax though. Kinda hard to apply but gets the car shiny and nice. even my gf thinks of the same thing.

Eagle One for my other cars. fast and easy to apply but doesn't seem to hold in terms of protecting from UV rays? not sure but thats just the way it feels like to me. makes the swirls pop straight up at you especially on the darker colored cars.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

For you guys that are using the P21S/S100 and Klasse combo, are you putting the carnauba on top of the Klasse Sealant Glaze or just on top of the AIO?
Old 07-17-2004, 07:25 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Billiam
For you guys that are using the P21S/S100 and Klasse combo, are you putting the carnauba on top of the Klasse Sealant Glaze or just on top of the AIO?
AIO followed by 6 or 7 coats of the glaze then the wax. If you use the wax you have to put it on last since it doesnt last. If you put the glaze on after it won't be able to bond to the car since the wax is on there.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
Meguire's NXT
Old 07-19-2004, 09:48 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Billiam
I put on 2 coats of Klasse followed by the P21S. I know the look won't last long but that deep wet black shine you get is killer.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Intermediate

Zaino Here!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Zaino for me. Clay goes over the car first.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Intermediate

NXT user here..
Old 05-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Well I may as well throw my comments in here also. I've tried a lot of different brands from Meguires to zymol. So far I've liked the zymol the best, but i've just ordered a Zaino kit. I'm planning on spending a saturday sometime soon completely detailing the car.

Just to be sure I have my sequence down. It's been a while since I've really waxed the car, but here is how I was planning on doing it. I have a PC 7424 to apply the wax with.

Wash with dish detergent to clean the car.
Clay bar
Wash again with Z-7
Wax with Z-5 for swirl marks and scratches
Spray and wipe with Z-6
Wax with mix of Z-2 and ZFX
Spray and wipe with Z-6
Spray and wipe with Z-6
Stand back and admire the results

This is my once a year routine. All other times should just be a wash, detail spray and coat of Z-2.

Does this sound good?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by itrhybrid
Well I may as well throw my comments in here also. I've tried a lot of different brands from Meguires to zymol. So far I've liked the zymol the best, but i've just ordered a Zaino kit. I'm planning on spending a saturday sometime soon completely detailing the car.

Just to be sure I have my sequence down. It's been a while since I've really waxed the car, but here is how I was planning on doing it. I have a PC 7424 to apply the wax with.

Wash with dish detergent to clean the car.
Clay bar
Wash again with Z-7
Wax with Z-5 for swirl marks and scratches
Spray and wipe with Z-6
Spray and wipe with Z-6
Spray and wipe with Z-6
Stand back and admire the results

This is my once a year routine. All other times should just be a wash, detail spray and coat of Z-2.

Does this sound good?
No.

You need to mix the ZFX w/ the Z5 or Z2 FIRST. You do not want to apply Z5 by itself in your 4th step. Whether it's Z5 or Z2, the first coat needs to be activated w/ the ZFX. Apply the ZFX activated Z5 or Z2 FIRST. Since the ZFX activated Z5 or Z2 only lasts about 6 hrs, I would go ahead and apply a couple more layers of the activated Z5/Z2 to use the product up. Days or weeks later, when you are waxing for maintenance, you can then use Z2 by itself. However, after about 6 mos, they recommend using ZFX activated Z5 or Z2 again. Personally, I go about a year b/c my car is garaged at home and work and the Zaino easily lasts a year+.

DO NOT use a porter cable to apply the product! It wastes a bunch. Apply it by hand. Just to give you an idea, I mixed 1 oz of Zaino Z2 w/ ZFX and was able to apply and remove 3 coats! The applicator should be dampened w/ some Z7 or water which will help stretch out the Z2/Z5. You should have just a very light haze on. Any heavier than that makes the product hard to remove and doesnt' give any added protection. Go super light in the application.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 AM
HOWARD911S

Meguiars Tach Wax Babay!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:26 PM
No Longer a Poseur

I use Meguiar's NXT Tech wax as my "top coat".

Once a year, I wash with a detergent soap (and dry), then use Meguiar's quick detailer with Meguiar's clay. Next, wash the car with normal car wash soap (I use Meguiar's Crystal Soap...pink jug) and dry. Then, I try to apply 2 coats of the Mother's "Step 2" stuff (I think it's called Sealant and Glaze?). Then, I put a couple coats of NXT on.

Seems to do a pretty nice job. The car usually comes out looking better than the showroom ones!

I've actually found that most of the waxes I've used (Turtlewax Emerald Series, Mothers wax, Meguiars Gold Class, EagleOne Nanowax, Meguiars NXT in order) tend to give a similar "look" (or at least, to my eye....since I don't have a way to do a side-by-side comparo), but the "feel" is definitely different. By far, NXT seems to give the most "smooth as glass" feel.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Littering and.....

#83 or #80 for swirls then 2 coats NXT topped with #16. #34 QD after every wash, re-wax about 6 weeks.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

I just got my tsx back from the accident and started using the miguires three stage it takes a little longer but well worth it....... ill take pics soon
Old 05-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes