Wait is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005 | 06:28 AM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by Terpfan
Well, I did what I said I would do today and am waiting for a response to the ultimatum of VIN, factory order date with anticipated delivery, or confirmation of dealer trade by the end of the week, from my dealer.

Also test-drove the Mazda 6 and unfortunately, or fortunately, I guess it depends on how you look at it, I agree with your statement that it just does not compare to the TSX. To confirm this, I test drove a TSX again directly after doing so with the Mazda. The TSX has a much more luxurious feel, is quicker off the line, has greater acceleration, holds through the corners better, has more "gee wiz" features and is generally more fun to drive.

These statements were concurred in by both my wife and 16-year old son. He, of course, cannot understand why I just don't go and buy the RX-8, G35, 350Z, or other sports car since he does not see the "sportiness" of a 4-door sedan. But even he hesitated after I let him test drive it for a while.

So, I guess I just wait and see how my dealer responds since I am now stuck at home with the flu!

Although I would consider a TL, it just does not seem to be worth the extra $ when compared to the TSX and when you are spending this amount of money, you don't want to compromise.

So I will keep my hopes up and see what happens in the next few days. I will let you all know how this turns out.

Thanks for the advice and I look forward to continuing to participate in this forum for a long time to come.

Oh, how about that BIG WIN by my TERPS over the hated DUKIES. I bet that really stuck in the craw of "Dukie" Vitale.
First off, I HATE DUKE! Way to go TERPS!

Great thing that you test drove the TSX again after the 6. I would hang in there with the TSX and it'll work out. Like you said, don't compromise in any way.

Sorry to hear that you have the flu . Look at it this way, now you can surf Acurazine all day long,
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:05 AM
6th Gear

Just thought I would post some good news for a change. I can't say whether or not the ultimatum worked or they had actually been working to satisfy me all along, but regardless, I got a call yesterday from my dealer and they tell me that the car will be delivered to them tonight!

Since they have some accessories to install, I won't be able to pick it up until this weekend, but that means I will be driving my new '05 ABP TSX 5 AT w/Nav. soon!

Thanks for all the support on this forum and I will continue to let you know how things are going once I get the car.
Old 02-15-2005 | 12:41 PM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by Terpfan

Just thought I would post some good news for a change. I can't say whether or not the ultimatum worked or they had actually been working to satisfy me all along, but regardless, I got a call yesterday from my dealer and they tell me that the car will be delivered to them tonight!

Since they have some accessories to install, I won't be able to pick it up until this weekend, but that means I will be driving my new '05 ABP TSX 5 AT w/Nav. soon!

Thanks for all the support on this forum and I will continue to let you know how things are going once I get the car.
Lucky Dog! You're almost home free!
Old 02-15-2005 | 06:11 PM
Instructor

Finally got my refund back from Duval. That along with numerous apologies from various managers. If I hadn't bought a car already this would have given me a lot of leverage in negotiating a better deal. Just a heads up to those in a similar position. It may save you some $$. Good luck to all. May a TSX be with you one day.