Virginia Acura Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginia Acura Owners

To VA Acura owners. Can you all tell me who in here bought or service their Acura TSX at the Bailey's Crossroads Radley Acura? Just need to know some positive and negative service who took their cars their for maintenance/oil change/etc. I need to service my Acura and they're the closest one to my office and home. Your thoughts and your input are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by thenewrecruiting
To VA Acura owners. Can you all tell me who in here bought or service their Acura TSX at the Bailey's Crossroads Radley Acura? Just need to know some positive and negative service who took their cars their for maintenance/oil change/etc. I need to service my Acura and they're the closest one to my office and home. Your thoughts and your input are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I bought mine at Radley and had all my oil changes and warranty work there and they've been great, nothing but good things to say
Old 03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
+2 to Radley support and service. Heard nothing but greatness from that dealership on this board.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:43 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm so JDM I even take my car at Herson's Honda in Rockville for oil change
Old 03-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Intermediate

Thanks guys appreciate it. I've read some horror stories here about dealers and wanted to find out how reliable Radley is. I don't want them to tell me that I have this problem and that problem after just bringing it in for an oil change. I also don't want them to keep the car for maintenance for more than 3-4 days (like the others I've read) and not even fix the problem.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I bought my current TSX from Radley and have had 2 TSXs serviced at Radley. My rule is that I tell them exactly what I want and I get it exactly. I am happy with their service, though they have a couple of porters there who need to learn to drive...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Intermediate

I had my car bought and serviced at Radley @ crossroads, not Karen Radley.

1. The sales person mislead me a bit. I still got 300 over invoice but he was trying to give me the run around.

I had all my services done there.
2. When lubing the clutch for the squeak, they left the panel right above the pedals loose. The plastic panel dropped when I was driving and my foot got stuck on top of the gas. Heck yeah a nightmare scenario. I looked underneath. They never put the panel back in right AND they broke some tabs. I called them back but I put it back together myself.

3. I gave them one more chance but I was suspicious. I labeled all tires with a pen before going in for a scheduled service which included oil change and rotating tires. I also carry a tire pressure gauge on all my cars/motorcycle. I checked my pressure before going in and passenger front was low by about 2 psi.

I got the car back at the end of the night. NONE of the tires were rotated and the air pressure remained the same.

I actually brought one of the service managers out and gave him hell. I never taken the car back to Radley.

YMMV.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

I purchased my car at the Bailey's Radley.....I ve gotten oil changes there since......Ive only had 1 issue since....i had told the service adv. that i did not want a car wash and when i came back to pick it up it was washed.....never have the dealer wash your car.....of course, there were scratches...

Maybe its just me but everytime i drop off my car for service i get worried.....kind of like dropping off your kid at the daycare or sumthin......are they going to scratch, abuse, or even do the required service that i brought my car in for.....just my personal opinion
Old 03-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Motorsport
I had my car bought and serviced at Radley @ crossroads, not Karen Radley.

1. The sales person mislead me a bit. I still got 300 over invoice but he was trying to give me the run around.

I had all my services done there.
2. When lubing the clutch for the squeak, they left the panel right above the pedals loose. The plastic panel dropped when I was driving and my foot got stuck on top of the gas. Heck yeah a nightmare scenario. I looked underneath. They never put the panel back in right AND they broke some tabs. I called them back but I put it back together myself.

3. I gave them one more chance but I was suspicious. I labeled all tires with a pen before going in for a scheduled service which included oil change and rotating tires. I also carry a tire pressure gauge on all my cars/motorcycle. I checked my pressure before going in and passenger front was low by about 2 psi.

I got the car back at the end of the night. NONE of the tires were rotated and the air pressure remained the same.

I actually brought one of the service managers out and gave him hell. I never taken the car back to Radley.

YMMV.
Geez...how long ago was this? Was it a while back? I would think with your complaint that service will be better. Where exactly did you label your tires? Just on the walls? What's the best way to assure yourself that they do the job they are set out to do? I'm just worried about oil changes. I want to make sure they change the oils. Have you guys ever wonder if they actually changes oils in these dealerships?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by soon2own1
I purchased my car at the Bailey's Radley.....I ve gotten oil changes there since......Ive only had 1 issue since....i had told the service adv. that i did not want a car wash and when i came back to pick it up it was washed.....never have the dealer wash your car.....of course, there were scratches...

Maybe its just me but everytime i drop off my car for service i get worried.....kind of like dropping off your kid at the daycare or sumthin......are they going to scratch, abuse, or even do the required service that i brought my car in for.....just my personal opinion
I don't plan on leaving my car for that long. The oil change (the first time a few months back) only lasted 20 minutes. This time around, I'm going to get oil change and tire rotation.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

I never go to Radley's. Not ever since the Service Manager called me out infront of other people about how i gave them a 3 out of 10 on the survey. This is after i was generous enough to give them a 3. I WILL NEVER TAKE MY CAR BACK THERE AGAIN! .
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

This is a great thread. I went to Radleys to try to buy a 2006 TSX. The internet manager there, Richard Slater, pretty much had two other clients waiting for him even though I scheduled an appointment. To get rid of me quick because he knew we did our research, he ditched us by giving us a ridiculous price quote and moving on to his other clients. From what I saw, this was the theme at Radley Acura. They do not care about you as a customer, they only care about you as a sale. To make a long story short, I purchased a 2007...let me make that clear, a 2007 TSX for $250 more than Radley's LOWEST quote for the 2006. As you all know, 2006s in february (at least ones you could still find) were selling far below invoice. Also, the 2006 is obviously more depreciated than the 2007.

I ended up purchasing from Chevy Chase Acura. The salesman there knew how to treat a customer. He picked up the specific car I wanted all the way in PA. He even stopped by a rest stop and bought my family and I Cinnabons. Thus far, he has offered to pay for my first service and he has given me free touch-up paint and acura key chains. He stayed in constant communication with me throughout the entire process and has truly represented Acura's brand name. I cannot say this for Radley Acura. I would stay away from Radley or at least the salesman I dealt with. Other dealers that I have received recommendations from have been Pohanka and Rosenthal. You will have better luck with these dealerships.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Wow...some of you guys have had some pretty bad experiences at Radley...

If you ever go back, ask for Sunny and tell him that Kevin with the Black TSX recommended him. Sunny has taken care of me anytime I show up there and always makes time for me even when I am just there for service. He's a good guy and is very pleasant to work with.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Intermediate

Geez...how long ago was this? Was it a while back? I would think with your complaint that service will be better. Where exactly did you label your tires? Just on the walls? What's the best way to assure yourself that they do the job they are set out to do? I'm just worried about oil changes. I want to make sure they change the oils. Have you guys ever wonder if they actually changes oils in these dealerships?
1st I labeled all the tires on the walls, "FL" (front left), "FR", so on a so forth. THEN, I took my cell phone and videoed the tires, the labels, and the car while waiting on the lot to be serviced. I suggest if you do have a camera phone to video your car before AND after the service. "There wasn't a 3 inch gash on my bumper!!!" "Sure there was" "Oh yeah? Let check this video"

It has been about 3~4 months since this incident.

There is really no way to tell they've done the job unless you stand there and watch it. I used to own an M3 and took it to these european guys that only specialized in Porsche, Audi, and BMW. I used to stand next to the technician while he did all the work. I became good friends with them and they would do extra work at no cost.

I've dealt with BMW dealers and most of the them were thieves. Russell BMW in Catonsville, VOB in Rockville. Russell actually installed the rear-wider rims up front on my M3 and f'ed up my front suspension. Didn't even admit their wrong doing and tried to rob me again. VOB acted like they were doing me a favor by selling me their cars and services.

Norris Acura (Acura West) in Ellicott City will employ all kinds of dirty tactics (making you wait for an hour, go back an forth, pressure tactics) with BLOATED prices.

In my experience, the only good dealer that was good and honest was a Lexus dealership. Well, maybe b/c I know the VP of that dealer network.

Only thing I can tell you is build a relationship with a shop/dealer. But it's tough to build a relationship with dealers like Radley.

Dealers, especially shady ones like Radley @ Crossroads do not have a shop observing glass wall next to it's customer waiting area.

If you don't trust the shop, don't take it there. This is YOUR CAR we are talking about here.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Motorsport
1st I labeled all the tires on the walls, "FL" (front left), "FR", so on a so forth. THEN, I took my cell phone and videoed the tires, the labels, and the car while waiting on the lot to be serviced. I suggest if you do have a camera phone to video your car before AND after the service. "There wasn't a 3 inch gash on my bumper!!!" "Sure there was" "Oh yeah? Let check this video"

It has been about 3~4 months since this incident.

There is really no way to tell they've done the job unless you stand there and watch it. I used to own an M3 and took it to these european guys that only specialized in Porsche, Audi, and BMW. I used to stand next to the technician while he did all the work. I became good friends with them and they would do extra work at no cost.

I've dealt with BMW dealers and most of the them were thieves. Russell BMW in Catonsville, VOB in Rockville. Russell actually installed the rear-wider rims up front on my M3 and f'ed up my front suspension. Didn't even admit their wrong doing and tried to rob me again. VOB acted like they were doing me a favor by selling me their cars and services.

Norris Acura (Acura West) in Ellicott City will employ all kinds of dirty tactics (making you wait for an hour, go back an forth, pressure tactics) with BLOATED prices.

In my experience, the only good dealer that was good and honest was a Lexus dealership. Well, maybe b/c I know the VP of that dealer network.

Only thing I can tell you is build a relationship with a shop/dealer. But it's tough to build a relationship with dealers like Radley.

Dealers, especially shady ones like Radley @ Crossroads do not have a shop observing glass wall next to it's customer waiting area.

If you don't trust the shop, don't take it there. This is YOUR CAR we are talking about here.
Wow. Thanks for the pointers. I went yesterday (3/15) to the Radley in XRoads and they treated me well. Had my oil changed (at 7500) miles and tire rotated. Now I didn't mark my tires, but I think they rotated it. My customer service rep. was named Frank. He got me out of there in an hour with no appointment.

Anyone else have positive / negative things to say about Radley Acura at XRoads?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by CGTSX07
This is a great thread. I went to Radleys to try to buy a 2006 TSX. The internet manager there, Richard Slater, pretty much had two other clients waiting for him even though I scheduled an appointment. To get rid of me quick because he knew we did our research, he ditched us by giving us a ridiculous price quote and moving on to his other clients. From what I saw, this was the theme at Radley Acura. They do not care about you as a customer, they only care about you as a sale. To make a long story short, I purchased a 2007...let me make that clear, a 2007 TSX for $250 more than Radley's LOWEST quote for the 2006. As you all know, 2006s in february (at least ones you could still find) were selling far below invoice. Also, the 2006 is obviously more depreciated than the 2007.

I ended up purchasing from Chevy Chase Acura. The salesman there knew how to treat a customer. He picked up the specific car I wanted all the way in PA. He even stopped by a rest stop and bought my family and I Cinnabons. Thus far, he has offered to pay for my first service and he has given me free touch-up paint and acura key chains. He stayed in constant communication with me throughout the entire process and has truly represented Acura's brand name. I cannot say this for Radley Acura. I would stay away from Radley or at least the salesman I dealt with. Other dealers that I have received recommendations from have been Pohanka and Rosenthal. You will have better luck with these dealerships.
I agree with CGTSX07. I also started my search at the Acura in Baileys and was not impressed with their customer service. So, I wound up at Chevy Chase Acura and they were awesome. The Internet Sales agent (Ken Bell) was honest and nice.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I don't think anyone loves any dealership, they're all pretty shady, and people like them till they do something wrong. I'd say try one out, if they don't do a good job, move on. Everyone has different experiences (as seen in this thread). Also don't confuse sales with service, they're totally different departments and people
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks in advance.
They have damaged my TSX TWICE having sevice work done. And do not let them wash your car, if you like your paint. Every car they wash has swirl marks in the paint. I think they use sandpaper to wash the cars. If you don't believe me go check out the cars that are waiting for owners to pick up their cars. Every single one will have swirl marks. I never let them wash my car. If it were not for the free oil changes they would never see my car. I guess those other folks that told you Radleys was great don't car about how their paint looks.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

not only do they leave swirls marks... i dont really understand them washing the car if they are going to park it on a ungravelled parking lot. The few times i let them wash my car.. my car left the parking lot dirtier then when i brought it in.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
TL N YA

Cool Radley Acura

I just got back from Radley Acura and i have never had any problem with them. I don't let anybody wash my car but me. I have two Service Reps "Theo" in the morning and "Babu" in the evenings and if there is a problem they all ways call me and take care of it. Always inspect your car with your Service Rep. when you drop off and pick up. I due get nervis when they take my car off in the small shop very tight in there. But they break it, they are going to fix it.