Vandalism

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Master in Science

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Vandalism

I got to my car this morning, after having it parked for only 15 mins in front of the school's library, and found some gum on the hood of my TSX. Fortunately the hood was so dusty, it didn't stick and came right off.

So I was thinking about things I could write to the local university newspaper about this:

To the editor,

To the person that left a half chewed blue bubble gum on the top of the hood of my black Acura in the lot in front of the library: the gum didn't taste good. Can you leave a different flavor tomorrow? Better yet, leave it new in the wrapper so I can chew on it for some time.

To the person that left a half chewed blue bubble gum on the top of the hood of my black Acura in the lot in front of the library: if you are so jealous about my (new) ride, instead of vandalizing it, how about if you just ask me for a ride? My e-mail is and I'll be happy to consider carpooling to school. Let's save the local environment!

To the person that left a half chewed blue bubble gum on the top of the hood of my black Acura in the lot in front of the library: a friend of mine saw what you did; and you are in his class! As soon as we get some information about you, you'll see what will happen to you. Better yet, write me an apology at and I'll reconsider.

To the person that left a half chewed blue bubble gum on the top of the hood of my black Acura in the lot in front of the library: ...

Any suggestions?
Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
You sure you want to do that? No damage to your car...water down a duck's back if you ask me.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fist one.
the second one will just lead to more vandalism
Old 04-21-2004, 11:27 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
be careful what you say and how the person might take it, it might be more than gum the next time.

maybe a bird dropped it
Old 04-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
You're better off leaving this one alone. No harm, no foul. If you know who did it, then talk to him in private about the matter. Just tell him that you did not appreciate it and that you would like him not to do it again. No confrontation. If you don't know who it is, don't bother looking. It's not worth the effort.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Master in Science

I don't know who did it. I was just being creative as my own way of coping with this stupid attack on my car. My black TSX is one of 2 in the city (the other one is gray). Certainly not worthwhile trying to reach this person.

At the same time, I have to find a different place to park Wednesday mornings. I don't want them to think they are home free because they did it once and got away with it, and try something else next time.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

kids are dicks, and the more you say not to do it, the more they are going to do it. i would leave it alone.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm allergic to bull

Whoever that jerk ass is, he's gonna take whatever you write offensively. The best you can do is to park elsewhere. You should be glad that gum didnt stick to your paint.

What I will write to university newspaper:

This morning in front of library, I was amazed to see a guy stick a half-chewed blue bubble gum on the hood of a black TSX. But that's ok cuz jerks every where. I was amazed again when the driver picked up the gum, put it into his mouth and started chewing. But that's ok cuz weird dudes are out there. I was even amazed when his girlfriend begged him to warm the gum up and split half to her. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???
Old 04-22-2004, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by HelicobactEr Pylori
Whoever that jerk ass is, he's gonna take whatever you write offensively. The best you can do is to park elsewhere. You should be glad that gum didnt stick to your paint.

This morning in front of library, I was amazed to see a guy stick a half-chewed blue bubble gum on the hood of a black TSX. But that's ok cuz jerks every where. I was amazed again when the driver picked up the gum, put it into his mouth and started chewing. But that's ok cuz weird dudes are out there. I was even amazed when his girlfriend begged him to warm the gum up and split half to her. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???
now thats an editorial!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 10:16 AM

I think this clip from Pulp Fiction says it best!

LANCE
Still got your Malibu?

VINCENT
You know what some fucker did to it
the other day?

LANCE
What?

VINCENT
Fuckin' keyed it.

LANCE
Oh man, that's fucked up.

VINCENT
Tell me about it. I had the
goddamn thing in storage three
years. It's out five fuckin' days
-- five days, and some dickless
piece of shit fucks with it.

LANCE
They should be fuckin' killed. No
trial, no jury, straight to
execution.

VINCENT
I just wish I caught 'em doin' it,
ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything
to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been
worth his doin' it, if I coulda
just caught 'em, you know what I
mean?

LANCE
It's chicken shit. You don't fuck
another man's vehicle.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:23 AM

that is the holy grail of car etiquette as far as I am concerned.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:27 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by virus7
maybe a bird dropped it
Stranger things have happened.

http://www.utahbirds.org/BirdStory.htm

Owners of this car wash thought they'd be catching a theif, not a feathered theif.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Burning Brakes

I suggest not doing anything like that or he will be back for sure!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vandalism does suck...... pics that were done to mine

Old 04-22-2004, 06:37 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ouch now that REALLY sucks
Old 04-22-2004, 06:39 PM
where'd my wheels go?!

funny story:
im at the food court at the mall the other day and went to throw out my gum. i was standing over the can, grabbed to gum from my mouth, and took aim... the gum stuck to my finger just enough to fly off course and land on some girls tray. the utter look of disgust on her face was terrifying. i said oh my god im so sorry uh uh uh.... and turned bright red and walked away. oops.

so maybe the gum was an accidental 'mis-toss'? just a thought!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone spit their gum on your car out of jealousy, but let it go. No damage done, thankfully. Identifying your car color and brand in the school newspaper is just asking for it to be targetted though.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Race Director

too bad you don't know anyone in forensics or DNA, and you can get them to analyze the saliva on the gum and determine what person spit gum on your TSX. but, by reading your thread, i think you may know who did it, so, i guess that's pointless to do science lab forensics route.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I like this one?:

To the person that left a half chewed blue bubble gum on the top of the hood of my black Acura in the lot in front of the library: a friend of mine saw what you did; and you are in his class! As soon as we get some information about you, you'll see what will happen to you. Better yet, write me an apology at and I'll reconsider.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Master in Science

Originally posted by HelicobactEr Pylori