Is the TSX truly the right choice, even over a BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the TSX truly the right choice, even over a BMW?

Hey wut's up? I jus signed a TSX the other day which I should be gettin in a few weeks, but I'm not exactly sure if it was the right choice because I had the option of gettin the BMW 325. Which one would u guyz have picked?
Old 08-24-2003, 05:19 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Is the TSX truly the right choice, even over a BMW?

Originally posted by coolio
Hey wut's up? I jus signed a TSX the other day which I should be gettin in a few weeks, but I'm not exactly sure if it was the right choice because I had the option of gettin the BMW 325. Which one would u guyz have picked?
Ahhh..here we go again.

My best advice to you would be to try searching from "BMW" and you will find TONS of discussions on this very thing.

Let me try and give you the general concensus. The TSX will give you 90% of the performance at 75% of the cost. It should also be more reliable and have better winter traction.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Houston we have a problem

Oh no...be prepared my friend...
Old 08-24-2003, 06:48 PM
Racer

How about without any arguments or just saying you might be flamed on this forum, i just answer your question.

I have compared many cars to the TSX. And at the end i know that the TSX is a better choice then the 325i. This is only my opinion though.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Advanced

There have been tons of threads on this topic. As a former BMW owner, each car is good. I like FDL's response...90% of the performance for 75% of the cost (possibly less by the time you add all the options that come standard on the TSX).

If you had the opportunity to get a 325 and still having second thoughts, maybe you need another round of test drives. Personally, I think anyone with the BMW bug needs to own one at least once in their lifetime. That's why I had mine. If you're leasing, don't sweat over 3 years...get another car (perhaps a beamer) at that time. (Besides, I'm curious to see what BMW did with their 2004's.) If you're purchasing, I feel TSX will be the better value in the long-run.

To each his/her own. For the most part, you're going to find TSX-lovers here, because this is OUR community and forum.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

I would hope that your mind is set now that you've inked the paper. I agree with siliobear - maybe your mind is not yet made up. Go for another Fantastic Voyage in each one before you shell out the dough.

Or, go over to a Bimmer forum and ask the same question. Just maybe you'll get a passionate answer or two, and perhaps some questioning of your IQ or wallet status.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

I too chose a TSX over a 3 series BMW. I wanted a car I can drive fast that was conservatively styled so as not to draw much attention from traffic cops or my employer. The TSX is just the ticket, and now it is comparatively rare. The folks at work were asking me how I liked my new Mazda 6.
To those of you that don't hurry much in your car, you need to know that a TSX is much easier to drive at 8/10s than a BMW since it's a forgiving front driver. In the long run, it will be much cheaper to maintain. I have owned three four cylinder Beemers, 72 2002 Tii, 76 2002, and 84 318i. BNW service ain't cheap.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Inspired

Better choice would depend on at least three things:

A) Your location (in the snowbelt or not)

B) Styling

C) How much money you have for a car

The money factor is a biggie, you would have to SPECIAL ORDER a stripped BMW to get it at the same price as a TSX.

Load up all the options on the 325 and you're reaching 33K before taxes etc. Oh, not to mention, every person I know with a BMW has had it in the shop MANY MANY times. You hear about all those failed Acura transmissions? Those are peanuts compared to all the broken M3's and M5's and more bread and butter BMW's that have problems left and right. Don't even get me started on the BMW's made in the US.

Now, after thinking about all that, if you STILL like the BMW, then go right ahead, they ARE good cars, just be prepared for all they come with, good and bad.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Banned

you sound like a tool. in that case the BMW is definitely the right car for you. good luck with that.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:16 PM

LOL If your not paying for the car and have a choice of a 3s bmw over a tsx you would be an idiot to take the tsx over the bmw.

finalheaven posts..
have compared many cars to the TSX. And at the end i know that the TSX is a better choice then the 325i. This is only my opinion though.

Ya and its one of many dumb things you have said.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Racer

Originally posted by adam fiooz
LOL If your not paying for the car and have a choice of a 3s bmw over a tsx you would be an idiot to take the tsx over the bmw.

finalheaven posts..
have compared many cars to the TSX. And at the end i know that the TSX is a better choice then the 325i. This is only my opinion though.

Ya and its one of many dumb things you have said.
Ok that's it. Ive been ignoring you ass as long as i could. Are you really that fucking dense? Dood face it ok your car is lower then the TSX. Can't handle it? Then just leave the boards. Haven't you gotten the hint that most people here think you're a moron? Look at your tag beneath your name man. It is your opinion that the 325i is better then the TSX. My opinion differs. Were you abused as a kid or something? so you want to abuse everyone else here?

Get a hint man. Have you seen the thread about banning you? Its not because you don't like the TSX, but completely on your attitude and responses. There are a lot of people who like other cars more then the TSX. However obviously this is a fucking TSX board. Which means more people will prefer the TSX over other cars. Dood there are plenty of other fucking boards on there. Why do you have to act like a 5 year old and just insult people. You want to prove the other cars are better? Use fucking facts and be polite and maybe then people will take you seriously.

God you're a moron.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:30 PM
More On

Staying out of the flame wars as best I can and just sticking to the topic:

I agree with "90% of the performance at 75% of the cost" except I think it's more like 95% and 82%

Also, don't forget the rest of the story, which is why I deserted BMW for Acura:

(a) 300% of the reliability, and
(b) a lot better handling and performance on wet surfaces, especially (of course) snow/ice. (Unless you get AWD in a BMW.)
Old 08-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Racer

lol, anyways i completely think that the TSX is a better purchase then the 325i. Its a waste of a 6cyl and i think the BMW just wants you to buy it for those not willing to dish out for the 330i. It wastes almost as much gas as the 330i but produces so much freaking less power. If it was a 4cyl, then i might have to reconsider but it is not. In my opinion the TSX is a better purchase.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:02 AM

your car is lower then the TSX

lol it has nothing to do with my Accord witch is still better for the money then a tsx.i also own a "acura tl type s" and a 1967 mustang.i just think your a lamer lol..
Old 08-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Teh seX

someone seriously ban this idiot..hahaha
Old 08-25-2003, 12:19 AM

ban ban ban
Old 08-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Racer

Originally posted by adam fiooz
your car is lower then the TSX

lol it has nothing to do with my Accord witch is still better for the money then a tsx.i also own a "acura tl type s" and a 1967 mustang.i just think your a lamer lol..
Want to make a poll to see who is lamer? actually you against anyone and you'll still win.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:34 AM
such a dirty birdy

Yikes. Buyer's remorse, and you haven't even picked it up yet. If you're that unsure, get your deposit back and spend some more time in both the cars. The 90/75 summary is about right, IMO, but only you can decide which car suits your needs/wants/tastes best. No one's going to say the 325 is a bad car, but there's no "best" here, only a "best for you".

If that sounds like too much trouble, then just get the TSX and know you've got a decent car for the money and be happy with that.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:10 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must be an idiot, because if someone offered me a loaded 325i or a TSX w/nav I would take the TSX. The 90/75 analogy is perfect BTW.

Adam, You don't have a Mustang or a TL unless you are considering your parent's cars your cars. You couldn't be older than 17.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Talking Pictures of Adam's 1967 Mustang

What would we do without comic relief from adam...

BTW, adam.. You really don't think we believe you're old enough to posess more than one car, do you? I mean, the Accord is a stretch, but a TL and a mustang as well?

Anyway, back to the topic. My suggestion to you is to take an extended test drive in both cars. If you can, do it back to back on the same roads in the same traffic conditions. Drive the cars like you own them. Buy the one that satisfies you best.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:50 PM
such a dirty birdy

Thanks for the photos, teombe. Do you happen to have any pics of adam's mustang *before* he restored it?
Old 08-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Instructor

No, but I do have a picture of Adam's new H2 he got really cheap at a fire sale...