TSX review

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
TSX review

Hey guys,
As some of you may have read in another thread. The stealer gave me an 04 model on their used lot until they got my 05 CG in since i am carless since i sold my 4runner.
The test drive for a few minutes definately does not compare to spending hours with this thing. In 4 short words.

THIS CAR IS AWESOME!

The stealer gave me an 04, silver, auto, nav as a "loaner" until they got me my color in. Plus the thing had an almost full tank of gas for some reason (ask me if i'm going to fill it up before i get back?) . Everything looks stock under the hood.

Driving impressions: Everything just feels so tight. The car just feels so solid through turns, braking, straight line acceleration, basically the whole time that i was driving. The steering just feels like a sports car, it sort of reminds me of driving the S2000 when i'm driving. Handling is awesome as well, i took a corner really quick and the TSX cornered pretty flat and all without the harsh ride. The tires didn't even squeek. The ride is also very quiet on the highway, and on local roads.

I have read in another post that the TSX rides like it's on rails on the highway. Mine sort of does... but not quite... i have a feeling this one that i got may just need an alignment. I do need to make adjustments on the highway every few seconds even on flat highway.

TSX no power? whoever says that is either on crack! or they simply just dont have the know how to drive the TSX properly. The TSX feels very quick to me. Especially since it's only a 2.4 i'm impressed by the amount of power that this engine produces. One of my previous cars was a bmw 540. That thing has a 300hp V8. So trust me when i say, this thing is quick. Even from a standstill, i'm able to get up and going pretty quick. When i'm on the highway, i feel invincible. I can get up and go and even change lanes when the "jack@ss" next to me won't let me. I just give the TSX a little gas, and the guy next me ends up in the rearview.

The "bling" effect: Even though this car is completely stock, has the dealer stickers still on the windows, and it's a tad dirty from pollen; I still get compliments literally everywhere i go. I've had this car less than 48 hours and in the first 24 hours where i really went to run a few errands, i literally got compliments everywhere i went. This is no kiding. It just made the grin on my face even wider.
These compliments are from both guys AND ladies. The ladies are the most impressed for some reason. I've gotten more compliments in the TSX in one day, than i have ever gotten in one year in the 540.

There were a couple of "issues" that were commonly brought up on this forum that this particular TSX has. Now i think i probably know why the previous owner to this one got rid of it. After a little bit, I could have sworn that i heard the rattles for a little while. The one that was the most annoying was the infamous speaker rattle. But i think it's something that can be fixed pretty easily. The next thing was the drivers seat. Whenever i braked really hard, i could feel the seat slide forward about an inch. I believe there's TSB for this. I'm not positive. But i've heard it come up on these boards before.

The last thing was the voice commands had a little bit of a problem recognizing what i was saying. No matter how hard i tried to annunciate it would never do the right command. I was able to fix this. See my post todwards the bottom of page 3

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...7&page=3&pp=25

The leather also seems to appear to have the wear level of a car that's got lots of mileage on it. Instead of a car that's a year old. There are apparent creases that look like they are about to crack almost all over the drivers seat just like some members here have mentioned.

Other than those few things mentioned above... i can't really complain. As a matter of fact, there's really nothing to complain about. I think that Honda did an excellent job on the TSX.

Questions? Comments?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you put a comptech sway bar on the car it handles even better. If you can believe that. In addition the a-spec suspension is totally awesome and it doesn't affect the smoothness of the ride much at all.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Top notch 6MT

Is the one you ordered and waiting for 5AT or 6MT? The car is even that much better with 6MT IMHO

I gotta check out the threads about speaker rattle (thanks for bringing that up, that reminded me) I do hear some metal-like tapping sound from the rear from time to time, I searched threads about noise from rear and checked everything mentioned (end-link, spare tire, rear floor, folding seat latch) but I never even looked into the threads with speaker rattles!! Is that like the speakers themselves bouncing on its mount and making rattling noises??

I will search for those threads, I promise
Old 04-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice writeup Alin.

I realize that your impressions are just that, your impressions. I'm with you on all of your observations except where you talk about how much power it has (particularly since you drove the AT which is what I have). I feel it is lacking when getting going from the standstill. Once you hit 3000-3500rpm then all is well. I wonder how hondata would feel under 3000rpm. Otherwise, like I said, good writeup.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
Is the one you ordered and waiting for 5AT or 6MT? The car is even that much better with 6MT IMHO

I gotta check out the threads about speaker rattle (thanks for bringing that up, that reminded me) I do hear some metal-like tapping sound from the rear from time to time, I searched threads about noise from rear and checked everything mentioned (end-link, spare tire, rear floor, folding seat latch) but I never even looked into the threads with speaker rattles!! Is that like the speakers themselves bouncing on its mount and making rattling noises??

I will search for those threads, I promise
It's a 5AT

But i get stuck in traffic like almost everyday. I once had a rental that was a manual and my leg started to get numb after a while. I dont think i could bare with that everyday.

But the sportshifting thingy on the 5AT is a good compromise in my opinion.

yea... the rattle was like a metal tapping sound or something. Not sure, as the rattle was there for a few minutes, then sorta went away. I didn't think too much of it, since the car will go back in about a week and i'll have my 05.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Drifting

Hmm... just had to fillup the first time. I put a little bit of premium in there. After a little while the engine seemed to drive a little bit smoother and have a little bit more torque.
Did the stealer put in regular?
They've been known to do that before, at least with what i've experienced. When i test drove the Maxima, i asked about the fuel. The salesperson they put regular in all of their cars and it drives fine. But the cap says premium fuel only?
Of course it'll drive fine and wont knock, it's got a knock sensor, but yuo're reducing performance and mileage.

Maybe the Acura dealer did that with the TSX?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alin10123
TSX no power? whoever says that is either on crack! or they simply just dont have the know how to drive the TSX properly. The TSX feels very quick to me. Especially since it's only a 2.4 i'm impressed by the amount of power that this engine produces. One of my previous cars was a bmw 540. That thing has a 300hp V8. So trust me when i say, this thing is quick. Even from a standstill, i'm able to get up and going pretty quick. When i'm on the highway, i feel invincible.

That's funny how each of us has different impressions. My auto TSX feels slower than my 5 speed 140 hp Infiniti G20.

The sad truth of the matter is, the TSX is slow. It feels slow and it is slow based on objective performance tests. Your 540 will blow the doors off any auto or manual TSX. That's a fact.

Of course, those of us who chose the TSX did so for other reasons. Speed is not one of them.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Banned

Good review

lol man you're harsh they give you a "free car" to beat around and really TEST the shit out and you still call them "stealership".

sorry I find it really hard to believe a BMW 540 V8 didn't feel quite a bit more powerful than the TSX to you.

I have a feeling you must be revving that TSX like what they say - drive it like you stole it. haha.

I think you should resurrect this thread and post an updated review a few weeks after you take delivery
Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Drifting

Oh no, i didn't say my 540 was faster. I was just saying that the TSX is pretty quick in my opinion. The 540 was just stating what i was used to. Of course i know that the 540 can pretty much take most of the cars on the road off the line.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by matelot
Good review

lol man you're harsh they give you a "free car" to beat around and really TEST the shit out and you still call them "stealership".

sorry I find it really hard to believe a BMW 540 V8 didn't feel quite a bit more powerful than the TSX to you.

I have a feeling you must be revving that TSX like what they say - drive it like you stole it. haha.

I think you should resurrect this thread and post an updated review a few weeks after you take delivery
Yea... they are still a "stealership" i mean... come on.
The protection package is the mudguards, all season floormats, wheel locks, and the trunk tray at all of the other dealers. When they tried to tell me that their protection package is already included in their price. What they did not say was that thier protection package only includes mudguards and a pinstripe.

Plus... i have no doubt that if i go back there for service or a warranty issue, i WILL get the runaround.

So... in my book... still a stealership. lol
Old 04-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Top notch 6MT

Yea... they are still a "stealership" i mean... come on.
The protection package is the mudguards, all season floormats, wheel locks, and the trunk tray at all of the other dealers. When they tried to tell me that their protection package is already included in their price. What they did not say was that thier protection package only includes mudguards and a pinstripe.

Plus... i have no doubt that if i go back there for service or a warranty issue, i WILL get the runaround.

So... in my book... still a stealership. lol
Did you say pinstripe?!?

First, how in the world does pinstripe protect a car???

Second, I recall a thread several weeks ago where a member was trying to talk his wife out of pinstriping the TSX... it was pretty much settled that pinstriping is NOT good for TSX (or most any other car really).
Old 04-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Top notch 6MT

Here's that pinstriping on TSX thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=pinstriping
Old 04-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Drifting

Did you say pinstripe?!?

First, how in the world does pinstripe protect a car???

Second, I recall a thread several weeks ago where a member was trying to talk his wife out of pinstriping the TSX... it was pretty much settled that pinstriping is NOT good for TSX (or most any other car really).
I know! That's why i'm still calling them a stealership!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Top notch 6MT

I know! That's why i'm still calling them a stealership!
I hope you told them you don't want no pinstripe on your TSX dude
Old 04-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Heck yea! I also told them NO DEALER INSIGNIA ANYWHERE! No dealer front license plates, not dealer name on top of the "acura" name on the back where the trunk is. Nada! Nothing!

If they put anything on there resembling that, i return the loaner they gave me with a full tank of gas empty, and i walk away from the deal.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Burning Brakes

I would have told them to go to hell. Only an orange flame down the side for me.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Banned

Oh no, i didn't say my 540 was faster. I was just saying that the TSX is pretty quick in my opinion. The 540 was just stating what i was used to. Of course i know that the 540 can pretty much take most of the cars on the road off the line.
right
I mis-read you
sorry
Old 04-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Heck yea! I also told them NO DEALER INSIGNIA ANYWHERE! No dealer front license plates, not dealer name on top of the "acura" name on the back where the trunk is. Nada! Nothing!
Tell them not to even put the front lic plate holder in. They did it to my car and managed to also put 2 small screw holes into my front bumper. IDIOTS!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Tell them not to even put the front lic plate holder in. They did it to my car and managed to also put 2 small screw holes into my front bumper. IDIOTS!
Um... that's what i told them.
Did you read what i wrote? lol