TSX Kids

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX Kids

Hey there,

Who else is toting kids in their TSX? Where did you put your car seat, side or center?

My 9 month-old daughter is so heavy now that her car seat is rear-facing on the passenger side, rear. Now I am thinking about moving her seat to the center for more protection; don't ask me how I'll get her in it!

Where do your kids sit?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elffriend
Hey there,

Who else is toting kids in their TSX? Where did you put your car seat, side or center?

My 9 month-old daughter is so heavy now that her car seat is rear-facing on the passenger side, rear. Now I am thinking about moving her seat to the center for more protection; don't ask me how I'll get her in it!

Where do your kids sit?
Two kids, so one on each side. One in a forward facing seat and the other is big enough to no longer need a seat.

I only did the center thing for a while, when I only had one kid. After the second one comes along, the center really isn't feasable in most cars.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Racer

I don't get to post much here, but I make sure I do my daily reading here as I am patiently awating the 05' to roll in towards the end of the year.....

Anyways... I was kind of wondering the same thing...I have a 3 year old which of course faces forward, but I also have a 3 month old which is rear-facing. I haven't had a chance to actually take the car seats to the dealership and place them inside the car.

An word on 2 car seats in the rear as far as space? How much room do you have between the car seat and the front seat?

Provench, any word on how the seats fit with your twins?
Old 06-28-2004, 10:41 PM
such a dirty birdy

I have three kids, so they use all the seats in the back. They are all big enough to be out of car seats. If only one or two are in back, they use the outboard seats. The outboard seats are best for kids in or out of car seats because if for some reason their restraints fail in an accident and the child becomes a projectile, the back of the front seat is a better target than the windshield.

When I was a kid, using your seatbelts was very much an optional thing and I was in an accident while sitting in the middle of the back seat. I have a scar on my face from flying forward and hitting the gearshift.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:42 PM
such a dirty birdy

marioman, congrats on your first post!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by marioman
Provench, any word on how the seats fit with your twins?
Well, the thing is my wife's car is an Odyssey and the car seats stay in that car 99% of the time. We did have to take the Odyssey in to the shop for some stuff and moved the car seats over for about a day. Both of them are facing forward (as of recently) and let's just say ... it's tight. It fits, but it's tight back there. But keep in mind, the norm for me are huge automatic sliding doors and a minivan

I grew up with 2 brothers and my family of 5 grew up in 1970's VW Rabbits ... so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Racer

Thanks for the replies guys, I know that we will be taking the car seats with my wife the next time we get a chance to test drive the car.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Cruisin'

I have a one month old, and the front passanger seat has to be almost all the way forward with the car seat in the rear on the passanger side. This leaves very little leg room for anyone sitting in the front seat. Luckily, I always drive and don't have to deal with this
Old 06-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Drifting

Our 3 year old is 40 lbs., so he is in a booster seat and forward-facing. but when he was in a "convertible," my 6 foot 3 husband had a hard time putting the seat back far enough when he drove. but he has long, otherwise sexy legs, fwiw. he is behind the driver's seat.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Intermediate

My kids hate the back of my car

The window sills very high in the back and my kids have a hard time seeing out. They get very bored very fast when all they can look at is the inside door pull.
Anybody else notice this?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Instructor

i got an year old that recently went to forward facing... when she was rear facing in the pasenger side it was tight... now that she is forward facing we have no problem in the front seat. we felt it is easier to get her in and out of the car when she is on the passenger side.. we have her the same way on the mdx altho it kills the 3rd row since the passenger side is where the lift up seat is to walk to the 3rd row.....
Old 06-29-2004, 10:09 AM
synthetic artifice

If I had kids, I'd throw a seat cover on the rear seats. Just cover up all that leather so the kids can't barf on it, draw on it or whatever.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by jorgev
i got an year old that recently went to forward facing... when she was rear facing in the pasenger side it was tight... now that she is forward facing we have no problem in the front seat. we felt it is easier to get her in and out of the car when she is on the passenger side.. we have her the same way on the mdx altho it kills the 3rd row since the passenger side is where the lift up seat is to walk to the 3rd row.....
In the short 24-48 hrs that my kids (both about 14 months old) spent in the forward facing car seats in the TSX I would tend to agree. My wife and I thought it was just different for them (which might be part of it), but my guess is they REALLY wanted to see more which they couldn't.

I guess that Accord Hybrid V6 would be required if my wife didn't have the Odyssey
Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by satoshi801
If I had kids, I'd throw a seat cover on the rear seats. Just cover up all that leather so the kids can't barf on it, draw on it or whatever.
Yep ... absolutely should do that
Old 09-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Cruisin'

Is there anyone out there who has compared the ease (or difficulty) of placing car seats in the TSX versus the Accord? Are people having the same problems with the LATCH system in the Accord? Just trying to prove to my wife that the TSX is a good family car... THANKS!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Ah, a topic I have some experience on...

I posted a pic of my car with the baby seat here .

If you have one car seat, then your best bet is to install it on the opposite side of the driver seat. If you put it in the center then nobody else will have room in the back and if you put in behind the driver you will have a poor view of the child when using one of those baby mirrors.

As far as scenery, get some sort of a DVD player. My 16 month old can go on long trips as long as there is Elmo or Barney. I have the I-VES, but you can even get a cheap portable unit.

Also, welcome!!
Old 09-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Cruisin'

Have you had any trouble with trunk space for strollers, pack n' plays, etc? Also, have you had trouble with driver/passenger space when your child is in the back and you and your wife are in the front? thanks for the responses...
Old 09-29-2004, 10:46 PM
6 speed yo!

damn people pack there kids in the tsx. buy a minivan haha. my family van is going to be the new odyssey its really nice. but they copied the sienna
Old 09-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Originally Posted by gocubbies
Have you had any trouble with trunk space for strollers, pack n' plays, etc? Also, have you had trouble with driver/passenger space when your child is in the back and you and your wife are in the front? thanks for the responses...
The trunk is big enough for a stroller and a pack and play. With the passenger seat all the way back, my son's feet will touch the back of the seat. So I bought a cheap seat organizer.

As far as a minivan, my wife has a Pacifica and she usually drives him around, but I do my fair share here and there .