tsx ipod integration question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsx ipod integration question

Hello,

Ive been looking into buying an ipod integration kit for my 05 tsx non navi. Ive heard of USA Spec, iSimple, Dice, and had a very specific question. I dont have XM, would this prevent me from seeing the song info on the radio display? Out of the kits o the market, which one would you buy?

Side question , has anyone installed one of these ipod/mp3 kits that also have bluetooth, and what ae your experiences with it?

Thanks in advance for any info on this
Old 10-15-2011, 05:32 AM
kbh
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I installed the USA Spec PA-Hon adapter into my 2004 w/o Navi as well as my 2002 Honda Odyssey and it works great with my iPhone and iPad. To answer your question about display, the non-navi screen is quite small so there is little displayed info except for track number. All of your steering wheel controls work to control the Apple device and if you push the "6" button on your stock head unit you can toggle back and forth to manual control of the iPod as well
Old 10-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I have the Isimple in my 2005/non-navi using various iPods connected by the 30-pin Apple connector. Installation was pretty easy - pull out the storage bin - unplug a connector - plug-in the Isimple - and route the Ipod/Iphone wiring to the desired location. I drilled a hole in the rear of the storage bin and keep the 30-pin plug there.

The one disadvantage of using Bluetooth is that the Ipod/Iphone is running on battery power. Okay for short trips, but you probably would need power for a long trip - the 30-pin Apple connector provides power. The Isimple doesn't do bluetooth.

The Isimple will use the radio display to show the artist name briefly and then the track title. The radio display is only like 15 characters long and so the title may get cut off but I don't find that to be a problem. Other things can be displayed by pressing the radio "DISP" button. I don't believe the fact that you don't have XM will affect the display of track information - the Isimple does that work. Radio controls can be used to access playlists or specific albums or tracks. The steering wheel control (CH UP/DN) can be used to change tracks.

I have been happy with the audio performance - the decoding is done in the iPod - the TSX amplifiers are used to drive the speakers.

The Isimple also provides an analog input (3.5mm mini phone jack) for other kinds of players but there would be no remote control for this connection - only audio.

Last edited by darowa; 10-15-2011 at 09:24 AM.