TSX got scraped this morning!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX got scraped this morning!

Walk into a store to get a coffee, walk out and I witness a Civic pulling out beside me and clips the rear corner of the TSeX!

Damage isn't too bad... some chipped paint on the rear kit and some light scratches on the bumper... how much to fix something like that? Can they get the exact paint match?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Sorry to know....
But of course they can!! Otherwise dont pay... but you got the civic guy right? So hes responsible!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
who cares...that civic dude should be responaible for it!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The same thing happens to me recently. Some chick hit my car with her Land Rover while she was attempting to park it. Anyhow, she took off but someone witnessed this so insurance will be covering it once the matter is resolved. The insurance company gave me an estimate of how much it should cost to fix the minor scrapes on the left back bumper of my tsx. Total damage should be under 355 dollars CDN.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Racer

Thats gay. How much damage did your parked car do to the civic? =D
He deserved whatever damage was done to him man. Anyway, gluck to solving the problem!!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Banned

Yeah totally gay... I just joined the TSX club in Jan!

Lady tried to bolt but there was traffic in the parking lot so I had to run after her and bang on the trunk to get her to stop. Let's just say a bad work week + fresh scratches on the TSX + lady trying to bail = me unloading a lot of stress on that poor lady.

Anyways I got all her info and it's hell going thru insurance - she's going to pay out cash.
That's why I'm asking how much it is to fix that type of scratch... it's mainly just a chip on the kit (which I only installed last week!) and the scratches on the bumper look like they can be buffed out... I think the kit took the brunt of the force

I figure maybe I just pocket the dough and get a CAI?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Walking the Line

Are the scratches deep? If you run your fingernail over it and it gets resistance then buffing out probably won't happen.

An exact match will be extremely difficult. Maybe if you go throught the dealer?

I got my TSX hit by a rock a week after i got it and i know how you feel. Of all places, the damn rock hit my passenger door and left a deep scratch and a nickle sized dent. Went to a few reputable custom/body shops and found out that the deep scratch us unbuffable and the entire door would need to be painted as well as part of the rear door and fender to blend the color.

Let's hope the scratch isn't deep! I know how you feel man and i wish you the best of luck.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Nickle sized? Bah. Someone really banged my passenger door, and they did it up near the front, where there was some brace behind it, so it put a sharp crimp in and cracked the paint. It was probably 1.5 to 2" long.

I have a tool to help pop out dents, and I'm pretty happy to end up with a couple of very slight dents that are about the size of a nickel! Now I just need to touch up the paint and not have it look like a complete mess.

If I get a nick, I would rather use touch-up paint than to have the whole panel/door/etc. repainted. (In other words, good luck getting an aftermarket paint job as good as factory.) But that's just me. If money is no object and/or having insurance pay for it, then have a pro work on it. Or if the damage is major, of course, I'd have a professional do it. But a nick? Eh, let me grab my bottle of touch up paint.

If you have a scratch that hasn't gone down to the primer, try Meguiars' Scratch-X. You'd be amazed at what it can fix. It's kind of a polish, so, like any polish, don't overuse it, just enough to do the scratched area.

At some point, you're going to realize that it's impossible to keep the car pristine, and y ou're going to get some nicks here and there. Although, I did, early-on, install some of the "clear bra" material, which I think will help with some of those those road-rock and bug problems on the hood.....
Old 04-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
pictures would make this easier to figure out however I would recommend taking it to a body shop to get an estimate. she hit your car get it fixed so it looks new again no matter what it costs her. maybe then she will learn to be more careful driving. I am thinking of filing a complaint with insurance cause someone backed into a parking space and backed into my front end and left the car parked that way so they were touching when I came out to leave. there was already a paint chip rather large there to begin with so I could blame it on them and get a free repaint. maybe shafting people with raised insurance and having to pay for there careless driving will make people drive better.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jasuklee
. . . Lady tried to bolt . . . she's going to pay out cash
Did you get the cops there? I had a friend who got stiffed on a deal like this. It was the other person's fault. When my friend called with the amount, the other guy denied it was his fault. My friend had someone in the car with her, but there were no neutral witnesses. Both cars were damaged, but you couldn't tell from the damage whose fault is was.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Instructor

The lady that hit your car already sounds like someone who would try to sneak out of paying what she owes. Couple of things you might consider doing:
- Call your insurance company (If you haven't). Let them know what happened; they may have some good advice relevent in your state or province.
- I don't know the law where you live, buy here in Colorado you are supposed to file a police report. We're supposed to call the cops to have them come check the accident scene, but you can nonetheless file a report within three days.
- If you file a report with the cops and she doesn't, she'll look suspicious to both insurance companies, and even worse if it was to go to court.
- I always assume any accident that requires paint work (which means body work, too) will be over $500.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Instructor

I went to buy some bbq duck yesterday afternoon.In the parking lot,I couldn't find a spot.At the end of the lane,I was trying to do a 2 point turn so I could go check out the back parking lot.Just as I was backing up,I hit a black pole...... It's as tall as the trunk goes so I couldn't see it through the three mirrors..... Yes,I know,it's stupid,and that's the first time I have even made this kind of stupid mistakes.I don't know why,I admit that I was not concentrating at all,thinking about somebody,something......
Took it to the body shop opened by my friend.Told me that 200 CAD could get this fixed.A loonie size chip and a minor dent.1/2 of the bumper needs to be repainted.And he somehow promised me that the color would match,which is the part that I worry the most......
Concentrate when driving,I learnt a lesson...
Old 04-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by exexexex
Just as I was backing up,I hit a black pole
I'm sure I've had more accidents and fenderbenders in reverse than in forward.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro

i really dont see how they could not get a paint match....had my rear bumper damaged and repainted...cant even tell it was fixed....the color shouldnt be a problem if its a factory color...the code should be in the door jam....
Old 04-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Walking the Line

I hear ya, if you can live with it, just leave it alone. Do what you can by yourself and just leave it be. The work required to repair something like that just isn't worth it. Unless you're not paying for it...

I had my dent pulled paintlessly, but i can sill tell it's there. I left the scratch alone as well. Most people don't know its there, so i just kinda avoid looking at my door.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Racer

I parked my car infront of this store in Bolsa like about 2 months into my new TSX. I went in to buy a boba drink with my friends. I came out an hour later, the passenger's door got key. 2 scratches about 1 inch each. I didn't know that until I came home and saw the 2 scratches the next day. I was so pissed, but couldn't do anything about it. I think some punk or the owner keyed it because I parked infront of their parking space... stupid people these days ...

I tried to touch paint it but it was too deep to cover it.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jasuklee
Yeah totally gay... I just joined the TSX club in Jan!

Lady tried to bolt but there was traffic in the parking lot so I had to run after her and bang on the trunk to get her to stop. Let's just say a bad work week + fresh scratches on the TSX + lady trying to bail = me unloading a lot of stress on that poor lady.

Anyways I got all her info and it's hell going thru insurance - she's going to pay out cash.
That's why I'm asking how much it is to fix that type of scratch... it's mainly just a chip on the kit (which I only installed last week!) and the scratches on the bumper look like they can be buffed out... I think the kit took the brunt of the force

I figure maybe I just pocket the dough and get a CAI?
She attempted a hit & run & you didn't call the cops? You fucked yourself here.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GodMachine
She attempted a hit & run & you didn't call the cops? You fucked yourself here.
In all honesty, I think she knew she was close but she thought she squeezed out with no incident.

When I showed her the scratches, she was sorry giving me a sob story like "I'm really sorry, some guy rear ended me and wrecked my brand new car once blah blah blah"

I haven't called her yet and I went to get estimates today but all the local body shops were closed early (Saturday).

I was already late for work at the time (my internal clock still can't get used to daylight savings!) and it was raining outside too... I feel like I'm gonna get the shaft too... I should have followed up better but at the time I was too pissed off at so many things to even think straight...

Overall, the damage is not too bad... Let's see how honest this lady ends up being...