tsx is gone...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
6 speed yo!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
Don't listen to the dealer!

true, they want your car to get jacked so you can by another.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:04 PM
6 speed yo!

anwayz....

i miss my car and its been only 3 days.

im seriously considering a MY05 TSX!

im driving a frontier right now and its bugging me already...

i miss my h.i.d's, navi, everything.!!!

i hate driving in 5th gear on the freeway, i miss my 6th gear
Old 11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

I'm the other schmuck who got his car stolen because the valet key was in the car. I used to keep it there for the 'convenience' factor. When the weather gets cold, I run out to the car in the morning, and start it up to defrost. I use the valet key because my standard keyring has my house key on it, which I need to lock my front door behind me. Simple as that. I'm sure others on here probably do the same.

Now, will I do it again? Obviously not. The 'convenience' factor does not outweigh the 'pain-in-the-ass' factor that occurs when your car is stolen and not recovered. The insurance company is just starting to process my claim now, and it has been over a month now.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ride. I may be the only one here that can truly sympathize...though mine didn't get driven off a cliff (as far as I know).
Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlackTSXer
soooo sorry to hear about this mann! those thieves i can't even imagine how you must feel right now..
i agree...the pain, ohhhhhh the pain of such a lost...we all are sooooo sorry....we need to unite and plan a gihad on someones assssss
Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't use the valet key myself. I have my woofer in my trunk, but that's about it. The valet would have to be pretty brave to steal that. I don't really see a purpose to keep in your car.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Race Director

I dont even know where my valet key is.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnkill
I'm the other schmuck who got his car stolen because the valet key was in the car. I used to keep it there for the 'convenience' factor. When the weather gets cold, I run out to the car in the morning, and start it up to defrost. I use the valet key because my standard keyring has my house key on it, which I need to lock my front door behind me. Simple as that. I'm sure others on here probably do the same.

Now, will I do it again? Obviously not. The 'convenience' factor does not outweigh the 'pain-in-the-ass' factor that occurs when your car is stolen and not recovered. The insurance company is just starting to process my claim now, and it has been over a month now.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ride. I may be the only one here that can truly sympathize...though mine didn't get driven off a cliff (as far as I know).
Note: They sell keyrings that are in two parts that click together so that you can keep your house key on one and your car key on another and click them together when you need to carry them both.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:23 PM
6 speed yo!

damn, so you never found it?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
damn, so you never found it?
Nope, as far as I know it could be in Mexico now.

I can't imagine there is a huge parts demand for our cars, eh?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
6 speed yo!

no, thats why im guessing mine wasn't stripped. no one needs the parts.

so how long has it been since its been stolen? how long until you get everything settled? does anyone know how long it usually takes for my situation? i need a tsx!!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
6 speed yo!

so how long has it been since its been stolen? how long until you get everything settled? does anyone know how long it usually takes for my situation? i need a tsx!!!! my tsx was my inspiration to go to work.....(drive it there, work for it, drive it home) and now i have no inspiration....blah!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how long has it been since its been stolen? how long until you get everything settled? does anyone know how long it usually takes for my situation? i need a tsx!!!! my tsx was my inspiration to go to work.....(drive it there, work for it, drive it home) and now i have no inspiration....blah!!!
Did I miss the post or thread that said they found your car? Why did they total it?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Sounds like it wasn't stolen by pros who were after parts in the first place. Seems more like a simple break in that turned into a joyride when they found the key.

A pro wouldn't risk breaking into a car that he didn't want.

Sucks anyway.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:56 PM
no0bIe

Sorry to hear that man...

well walked outta work at 8 tonite and my baby was not there!

called the poilce and did a report. i dont have a clue what to do next. jus wait i guess
I hope all is well...
Old 11-18-2004, 12:48 AM
6 speed yo!

Originally Posted by VeniceBeachTSX
Sounds like it wasn't stolen by pros who were after parts in the first place. Seems more like a simple break in that turned into a joyride when they found the key.

A pro wouldn't risk breaking into a car that he didn't want.

Sucks anyway.

ya its the second time its happened at my work place and neither cars were stripped only crashed. :/ and why don't they get security? no idea.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:50 AM
6 speed yo!

has anyone had experience with stolen car? anything i can do to speed up the process. call them everyday? cause i seriosuly wasted this whole week. no one contacted me. they only send a police report that says the car wasn't driveable and that 2 of the tires are flat. and i still haven't seen the car cause im not a registered owner and they won't let me go see it. and i work everyday except sundays and there close on sundays so blah!!! i want to see it but im gun be even more depressed.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Just chill out and let the business get done. It will take a while, but if sometimes pressuring at the right time can be a judicious thing to do, it can also turn against you if you do it too much.

Once the report is out from the police, they will have it evaluated, and then you'll know if it's totalled, within a few weeks of then you should have your cheque.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:10 AM
6 speed yo!

i guess...i know its going to take a month but i hate it...it hasn't even been a week yet and im dying.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:10 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when they find the car totalled, it takes about a month for all the paperwork to settle (at least in my case), then they cut you a check. i have geico and they're pretty quick.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:13 PM
6 speed yo!

i still haven't seen the car. i don't even know if any of my stuff is in it. the insurance company moved the car from the tow yard so now i have no idea where it is. i want to see it. give it a hug or something shit. this is ghetto.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
i still haven't seen the car. i don't even know if any of my stuff is in it. the insurance company moved the car from the tow yard so now i have no idea where it is. i want to see it. give it a hug or something shit. this is ghetto.
That sucks...you should be firm with your insurance company and request to see the car. Maybe say that you need to see if there are any personal items in the car that might be recoverable.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
That sucks...you should be firm with your insurance company and request to see the car. Maybe say that you need to see if there are any personal items in the car that might be recoverable.
No need to be firm. Just ask and the insurance company will tell you where you can see it and how you can get your personal belongings out. Afterall, until the insurer pays you for the car, YOU are still the registered owner and can do whatever you want with your car.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:35 PM
6 speed yo!

see ...

im not the registered owner cause im only 17...so soo the insurance guy told my mom he wanted to talk to me to see what happened. so he said he'll call monday (today) at 9:00am. so we waited and i called him at 10:30 this morning while i was waiting for my mom at the doctors. so of course he said he needs to have my parents consent to talk to be cause im 17. So when my mom was done she called back and he started asking how much my parents made and stuff....but we were at some buliding permit place and said we would call him back. So....of course when we get home we call back he doesn't pick up. So now im going to go crazy. all i know is this and last week were a waste of 2 weeks cause we haven't gotten anywhere. Thanksgiving is going to delay everything.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Quattro in.....

he started asking how much my parents made and stuff
I really don't think those are appropriate questions that your parent's insurer should be asking you, it sounds like the insurer is trying to gather information in regards to an insurance fraud investigation. It has nothing to do with your recount of what happened to the car.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

They are conducting an investigation for fraud on you, that is pretty clear.

You should not be letting yourself be handled by them this way. Maybe you should consult a specialized attorney in the matter and seek advice on how to get that problem resolved.

They will try and do some nitpicking until they can find their way out of the insurance contract they have with you. You need to have them stop this, because that is an abusive strategy they use on unexperienced customers.

A registered letter from an attorney could set things right and give you the respect you deserve.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
2005 TSX 5AT, ABP

So, has anyone ever heard of a straight-up theft (ie. circumvented the immobolizer?)
Old 11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by sauceman

You should not be letting yourself be handled by them this way. Maybe you should consult a specialized attorney in the matter and seek advice on how to get that problem resolved.

They will try and do some nitpicking until they can find their way out of the insurance contract they have with you. You need to have them stop this, because that is an abusive strategy they use on unexperienced customers.

A registered letter from an attorney could set things right and give you the respect you deserve.
Based on what I'm hearing here, and what TSXhondatuner has told us in the past, I can understand why the insurance company might wonder what's going on.

Based on a thread a month or two ago, I recall that he was dropped by his parents' insurance company after an at-fault accident in his 'teg. He said at the time that he now had a different insurance company than his parents.

Now it seems that the car is registered to his mom not to him -- not usually the way you would work things if you're trying to seperate liabilty -- which makes me wonder why she would need a different insurance carrier for this car.

The insurance company most certainly wants to be sure they have the "right" picture before proceeding. If nothing else, they need this in order to be certain that they're legally in the clear to even cut a check.

I'm not saying there's anything necessarily wrong. Parents often do all sorts of things to keep the kid's liability distinct from their own. Some of them are legal, some of them are not, but all of them will tend to cause an adjuster to want to verify all the facts.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by sauceman

Problem is, they don't have a contract with HIM. They have a contract with his mom. And depending on what mom did or didn't tell them at the time she established the contract, they may be wondering who the hell he is, and why he was driving the car.

Again, not saying that's the case, but it sounds like that's the kind of thing they may be concerned about.

TSXhondatuner, I'm just speculating here about what the guy may be looking for. Not saying it's there, just that it's the kind of thing they look for when a 17 year old driving an expensive car gets into a situation like this. I'm not an attorney, but I've dealt with shit like this and I strongly suggest that you NOT say too much about any of it in a public place like this. Tell us the full story when it's over.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:51 AM
6 speed yo!

hmm k. can someone close the thread and ill just post what happens in a few weeks.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Sure. Send me a PM when you are ready to update this thread.

:padlock: