tsx is gone...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoJack might be an option to consider on your next vehicle. It won't keep anyone from taking your car or pushing it off a cliff but having it might just result in an arrest. Hopefully, it would be a three strike arrest too. ..Sorry about your ride and don't rule out another TSX because of rattles. I think I read a post in another thread that Acura did some quality improvement in the '05's.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
a 99-00 si or a 98+ gsr
o yeah, there's some good choices if you don't want your car stolen and driven off a cliff again
Old 11-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Racer

Hmm, how would the thief know that the key is in the glovebox? Now the question to ask is whether any board member had his car broken into but not driven away.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

becuz any one who knows much about acura know that in their book they make a nice little key holder. probably his intentions werent to drive the thing off a cliff to begin with, he prolly just wanted to see whats inside, knowing that the person would ahfta be otua his mind to drive it off a cliff. he prolly found the key rummaging through the compartments. most people dont know much about the tsx speically if they arent that smart either. prolly some poor bastard or stupid kid
Old 11-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RMATIC09
Lol , you must have skipped his other post...theres not much to find, it was pushed off a cliff. i didnt know people actually did that shit, i thought that was a movie type thing, who the hell pushes a car off a cliff for shits and giggles? unless there was a body inside
+Maybe scott peterson , j/k am sorry man for your lose I hope u get an 05 and good luck with ins. company. BTW what city did this happen in?
Old 11-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
wait. bout the key in the box. was the glove box locked? mines in there but i lock the box. how easy is it to get that box open exactly, im starting to think i should carry this key on my keyring.
You think
Old 11-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

alrite alrite. i took it out. its dumb to keep it in the car. now itll be acuras fault if they get the car started n leave. (notice i said get the car started and not get in.)
Old 11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

good man, and yes you did
Old 11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

now where should i put this thing. my frenid with a tl says put it under the car somewhere incase i loose my keys, n im like thats dumb the key will get ruined or lost. tho he could be right. or put it in my wallet, but wont the key get bent if i sit on my wallet? the key ring wont work cuz then the ring is too big and annoys me in my pocket.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:24 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
Lol , you must have skipped his other post...theres not much to find, it was pushed off a cliff. i didnt know people actually did that shit, i thought that was a movie type thing, who the hell pushes a car off a cliff for shits and giggles? unless there was a body inside
Oops, yeah I did skip the earlier post.

Anyways, now that I've read through the first page, wow, what a bummer. Off a cliff?!

Hope all goes well.

iamhomin, who thinks people should be a bit more careful with where they place their valet keys. (Take them out when you need it, bring it back home when you don't)
Old 11-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Race Director

Old 11-14-2004, 10:05 PM

that sucks man, hopefully you called your insurance too
Old 11-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm sorry to hear about your car, but I'm also a little curious. Please tell me that you didn't tell the cops or your insurance company that you left a key in the car.

Part 2: Why the hell did you leave your key in the car? If you don't have one key to unlock it to get in, how are you supposed to get the key out of the glovebox? Those little boxes for spare keys are supposed to be stuck somewhere on the OUTSIDE of the car with the magnet that is on the box.

I'm sorry if I seem evil to be thinking this, but someone tell me I'm not the only one wondering this...
Old 11-14-2004, 10:54 PM
04 remembrance

Kurt, everybody's been wondering that.

It's also quite funny because I know some people that never takes their spare key out from their glove compartment. They claim that it's convenient and saves them the "hassels", but sometimes those "hassels" really takes the best of you.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
Part 2: Why the hell did you leave your key in the car? If you don't have one key to unlock it to get in, how are you supposed to get the key out of the glovebox? Those little boxes for spare keys are supposed to be stuck somewhere on the OUTSIDE of the car with the magnet that is on the box.
Well, if you use the valet key for it's intended purpose, to give to a valet attendent, it would make sense to leave it in the car so it's there when you need it.

That said, I don't leave a spare key in my cars, but I think that's the logic.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by poltergeist
Well, if you use the valet key for it's intended purpose, to give to a valet attendent, it would make sense to leave it in the car so it's there when you need it.
do we have any high rollers here that go to a resturant or club everynight and use valet parking? just take it with you whenever you know you're going to need it.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Racer

umm. put the key on a quick disconnect and dq it when you give it to a valet
Old 11-15-2004, 12:24 AM
fhwagads

I think I lost my valet key. Cant find it anywhere. How much for a new one you think? Same as a regular key? I dont wanna spend 90 bucks on a stupid car key.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:34 AM
Racer

now where should i put this thing. my frenid with a tl says put it under the car somewhere incase i loose my keys, n im like thats dumb the key will get ruined or lost. tho he could be right. or put it in my wallet, but wont the key get bent if i sit on my wallet? the key ring wont work cuz then the ring is too big and annoys me in my pocket.

i dont think the key will get bent if you put it in your wallet but it may hurt your ass to sit on it i would just keep it at home or just deal with it being in your pocket. if you loose your keys then call a friend or someone to pick you up, its better than having your car stolen
Old 11-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by observer
Hmm, how would the thief know that the key is in the glovebox? Now the question to ask is whether any board member had his car broken into but not driven away.
Twice. Both times the front right window. Both times I found the glove box open. In once case there was definitely more valuable stuff elsewhere in the car, but they never got to it. I suspect that in both cases nobody actually entered the car, they just smashed the window and grabbed what they could.

Neither of these was with the TSX.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by poltergeist

That said, I don't leave a spare key in my cars, but I think that's the logic.
Since I rarely have anything of value in my trunk when I'm going out, I don't even bother with the valet key. It seems fairly useless for my purposes.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

damn that sucks
Old 11-15-2004, 12:33 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VeniceBeachTSX
Since I rarely have anything of value in my trunk when I'm going out, I don't even bother with the valet key. It seems fairly useless for my purposes.
yup - Living in the city, I just get used to never leaving anything in the car cabin or trunk. Just not worth it. Had my car broken into one time when I left the cellphone charger on the seat - lesson learned. (In my neighborhood, car alarms are background noise). Smash/grab is a popular sport in Philly; I had a colleague who moved here from Manhattan and had his kid's car seat stolen - though Philly was far worse than NYC...................

I don't bother with the valet key, it is the backup key in my office in case a set gets lost........ car can still be driven.

And, for whatever it's worth, my car gets valet parked ever day..................
Old 11-15-2004, 01:14 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Sorry to hear that. But look at the bright side, you can now get an 05 or another type of car altogether if you'd like.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

true, well its outa the car, and now i must go clean the seats with some leather stuff. (no the two arent related).
Old 11-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge83
I think I lost my valet key....How much for a new one you think? Same as a regular key?....
Yes. It's got the same chip the "real" keys do.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Design By Force

Did a search but couldn't find anything...

Has anyone heard of a TSX actually being stolen without a key?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Racer

I think if someone had the skills to steal a car that needed the key without the key they wouldnt waste their time with the tsx.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Depends. Crime is m motivated by supply and demand. If there is demand for K24A2's, there will be TSXs stolen, no matter the difficulty. Thieves are always ahead.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:02 AM
6 speed yo!

ya but i don't understand why they'd want a tsx. theres not a high demand for parts unlike an integra or civic. thats obviously why they didn't strip the car, just crashed it. i haven't seen the car yet but as soon as i do ill get pics. the tow guy said they tried to take the dvd system in the trunk. which i have no idea why.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Stokeless

i need to make a stash box in my car then freakin glove boxes always gettin checked JAR hahaha
Old 11-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
I'm sorry to hear about your car, but I'm also a little curious. Please tell me that you didn't tell the cops or your insurance company that you left a key in the car.
Why should he lie to the police or the insurance company that he left the keys in the car? Regardless of how the car was stolen, insurance will still cover it as long as he has the appropriate comprehensive theft coverage.

Besides, lying about the key may actually cause problems. Why? Because the insurance company and the police both likely know that the car cannot be hotwired. Therefore, if he lies about the key, they may suspect something fraudlent occurred. It's best to just tell the truth. It doesn't matter on bit whether the car was stolen when locked in a secured garage or stolen when left running in the middle of the street. Insurance will cover it - period.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:18 AM
6 speed yo!

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Why should he lie to the police or the insurance company that he left the keys in the car? Regardless of how the car was stolen, insurance will still cover it as long as he has the appropriate comprehensive theft coverage.

Besides, lying about the key may actually cause problems. Why? Because the insurance company and the police both likely know that the car cannot be hotwired. Therefore, if he lies about the key, they may suspect something fraudlent occurred. It's best to just tell the truth. It doesn't matter on bit whether the car was stolen when locked in a secured garage or stolen when left running in the middle of the street. Insurance will cover it - period.

thats very true. atleast i told the truth. hopefully everything turns out alrite. i miss my car though.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
ya but i don't understand why they'd want a tsx. theres not a high demand for parts unlike an integra or civic. thats obviously why they didn't strip the car, just crashed it. i haven't seen the car yet but as soon as i do ill get pics. the tow guy said they tried to take the dvd system in the trunk. which i have no idea why.
Prolly cause they think its an actual dvd system.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

wait, i dont remmeber if u told us much about this tho, but where did u park ure tsx when it was stolen? what kind of neghiborhood? city? country? this could really tell about the person, if the cliff was far from where they picked up ure car it could tell alot more than if u parked ure car 2 min from the cliff. they might ahve realzied that it was a fake one n didnt know any better way to elave the car
Old 11-16-2004, 02:41 PM
6 speed yo!

i went to work at 4:30pm on saturday and parked at my work. came out at 8:00 and it wasn't there. it was found about 35 minutes from my work. i work at a very rich retirement home so the cops said it was a target cause all the residents have bmw's and other expensive cars. its the 3rd car stolen from there in the past 3 weeks, and 4 got broken into. so there finally putting up a gate and security guards after my mom ripped on them.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Just a thought, especially if anyone from Honda/Acura is watching these boards (which I'm sure they are), but why not make the valet key activate a 3000 rpm fuel cut-off and limit the car to 2nd or 3rd gear. Then, if the car is stolen with the valet key, the thieves won't be able to go anywhere fast. Plus, it's piece of mind for the owner that the car won't be abused by valets.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
6 speed yo!

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Just a thought, especially if anyone from Honda/Acura is watching these boards (which I'm sure they are), but why not make the valet key activate a 3000 rpm fuel cut-off and limit the car to 2nd or 3rd gear. Then, if the car is stolen with the valet key, the thieves won't be able to go anywhere fast. Plus, it's piece of mind for the owner that the car won't be abused by valets.
that'd be a great idea. ive learned my lesson and not carrying anything in the car thats important again.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

why the hell dont they just give us a keyring for the thing and not let it fit in the manual. theres a little holder in my book that the dealer put the key in n said this is a safe place for it, n u wont loose it. be being stupid and nieve leave it in there until my uncle n freind rip me apart for leaving a key in a brand new car.

now about that limit on the car, there shouldnt be a need for the car to go more than 25 mph n they should have a switch or something that allows u to shutoff the valet key, much like the trunk option, where u dont allow it to be opened (that key hole) i dunno something, other tha encouraging to keep the damn key in the car
Old 11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Suzuka Master

why the hell dont they just give us a keyring for the thing and not let it fit in the manual. theres a little holder in my book that the dealer put the key in n said this is a safe place for it, n u wont loose it. be being stupid and nieve leave it in there until my uncle n freind rip me apart for leaving a key in a brand new car....
Don't listen to the dealer!

Quick Reply: tsx is gone...