TSX is definitley NOT just a smaller TL...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 AM
No Longer a Poseur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL is soft? Really? I've driven my dad's 05 TL quite a bit, and I find it actually quite harsh compared to my 06 TSX... the ride motions are a bit more controlled in my car. I found over rougher roads, the TL almost beats you up a bit.

Things I liked about the TL over the TSX:

1. Bi-Xenons (but, it sounds like the 07 TSX has that).
2. Real metal trim (my gawd...why couldn't they spend the extra few bucks and put that in the TSX).
3. Auto up/down on ALL windows (and remote opens the sunroof too).
4. 4 bolts on the license plate, so I don't hear the damn thing vibrate when I close the trunk!
5. Pneumatic hood struts.
6. LED Tail lights, and the high mount stop light being actually mounted up high, and LED!
7. Piano Black exterior window trim
8. Seat memory does the stereo, climate control, and mirrors.
9. TL doesn't have that annoying "hollow tin can" sound when you close the doors (you'll hear this if any of the doors of the TSX are open (or any windows), or I find even if I close the door certain ways. This isn't pissing me off enough yet to tear open my doors and install dynamat (or, more likely, having a shop do that.....since the idea of pulling the door apart scares the crap out of me)
10. Power....and the sound thereof (man, I love the growl from the V6 when you punch it).

I think the TSX does a few things better, though:

1. MiD gets its own section... the TL one is squished in below the Gas/Temp guage and doesn't offer all the realtime info.
2. No channel down the sides of the car (I hate that channel....looks weird).
3. TSX gets Chrome accents (I like that better than the more matte aluminum in the TL....polished aluminum would be better, though--or real metal trim but chromed).
4. Mirror signals (but the 07 TL gets that....FINALLY).
5. Parking brake is closer to you.... in the TL, it feels like I'm reaching 1/2 way across the car to set the brake!
6. The Sportshift in the TSX lets you stay in 1st as long as you want (TL does the 1->2 shift for you automatically, and then gives you the rest of the control).
7. I think (and I might be wrong) that the TSX wheel is thicker....I swear when I drive dad's car that the wheel feels kinda thinner.
8. I don't know if they finally put an AUX In jack in the TL, but I love the Aux in on the TSX...the iPod actually now lives in the car instead of on my belt.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my TSX. I'd only really go to the TL if I suddenly really needed more power or more room.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Racer

From above
6. The Sportshift in the TSX lets you stay in 1st as long as you want (TL does the 1->2 shift for you automatically, and then gives you the rest of the control).

An aside: The 07 TL now with the modified RL AT trans holds first gear in sport shift mode. I drove an 07 TL last week and the new AT trans makes the TL into a much, much better driver for the AT fans...shift points leave less gaps making for smoother seemingly quicker go...also the engine and trans appear to work to use some engine braking when slowing down....engine sounds better under heavy throttle...the 07 now uses the 27.2mm rear stabilizer bar from the 06 manual..
Old 10-28-2006, 11:03 AM
2010 TL SH-AWD

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeMa
9. TL doesn't have that annoying "hollow tin can" sound when you close the doors (you'll hear this if any of the doors of the TSX are open (or any windows), or I find even if I close the door certain ways. This isn't pissing me off enough yet to tear open my doors and install dynamat (or, more likely, having a shop do that.....since the idea of pulling the door apart scares the crap out of me)
^ And I always wonder if that was just a defect on my car. I have NEVER ever heard of such cheap hollow sound when closing a door on any car before in my entire life. Sounds like if the TSX ever gets T-bone, you'll know what happen next. One of the regrets of geting a TSX. Probably sell it in a few months( just bought it 2 months ago.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Cruisin'

Drove them both today, back to back, wich was nice, a Stype and an Aspec, for comparison. the Aspec was with optional 18 inch tires, and Stype was I think also with 18's

and I get it now.. the look on my face after leaving the TL was enough, my sales person said "you dont like that car do you?" it was Lots of things. It felt wrong. it was sluggish, when compaired. Even with the extra power, it felt heavy. I could even tell it was longer.

then alot of the cosmetics I just didnt like. they are not the same car by far.

so, yeha. 2 months, My WRX is payed off, and I will then buy the TSX.