TSX Color Combo? - 2006 - Potential Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:21 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face TSX Color Combo? - 2006 - Potential Owner

I am about to buy a TSX, the colors I'm considering are milano red and alabaster silver metallic and glacier blue metallic. I'd want the ebony or quartz interior and my brochure/web it says I can get ebony with red and silver and quartz with glacier blue. However, I read on this forum nobody can get this combo, everything comes with parchment, which I'd be worried about maintaining...

So what's the real deal here?

Is it impacted by what the dealer has on premises vs. factory order and will they factory order and how long would I have to wait?

Thanks for your wisdom in advance.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:42 AM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
[QUOTE=divadonna]I am about to buy a TSX, the colors I'm considering are milano red and alabaster silver metallic and glacier blue metallic. I'd want the ebony or quartz interior and my brochure/web it says I can get ebony with red and silver and quartz with glacier blue. However, I read on this forum nobody can get this combo, everything comes with parchment, which I'd be worried about maintaining...[QUOTE]

OK diva, I'm assuming you live in the US or are getting the car from a US dealer (since MR and GBP don't show as available in the North).

If you don't like parchment, your choices are MR/E; ASM/E or Q; GBM/E or Q. Now, assuming that you have discarded ASM/Q and GBM/E...presto, our sign-in owner dtatbase shows for 2006 models...

MR/E 33% (2 of 6) of purchases...
ASM/E 63% (12 of 19) of purchases...
GBM/Q 60% (3 of 5) of purchases...

I'd say you have a decent chance of getting what you want but these numbers are so small. Heck the dealers are over-stocked down in Texas with CGP, PWP, and NBP right now so what do I know.

Da Duck
Old 06-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the Glacier Blue also comes with Ebony. Out here in Southern California, earlier in the year, most dealers had the GB with Ebony, so they kept pushing them. But I stuck to my guns and kept looking for a GB with Quartz. I eventually found one at a price I liked. I'm really happy with the combo. Either way, go with Glacier Blue!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought GB w/ ebony back in January and really like the contrast, dark interior with light exterior.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
If you can't find what you want at the dealers, you can always order what you want...but it might be up to a 3 month wait if they have to make it in Japan and ship it over.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
If you can't find what you want at the dealers, you can always order what you want...but it might be up to a 3 month wait if they have to make it in Japan and ship it over.
nice hous LuvMyTSX....did you finally buy?

and to OP: if maintaining parchment is the only reason you don't want it, don't sweat it, i have parchment with RBP, and i love the interior. my opinion is that contrasting interiors look amazing, so if you get a light color, get a dark interior, like ebony. i'm not a fan of the quartz, but that's personal preference.

if you just flat out don't like the parchment, then DO NOT settle for it. the interior of the car is more important than the exterior IMO. you can get a different color exterior and probably still be satisfied (most people at least), but the interior is what you will always see, so make sure you like it.

Shop around all the dealers you'd be willing to drive to. Call/email all internet departments. find out what they have, let them know you're serious. they'll track it down for you.