TSX 08 rear audio speakers and other problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry TSX 08 rear audio speakers and other problems.

Hi all,

I am a new TSX ('08) owner. I bought my car two days ago. So far, I have noticed two problems:

1 - When I turn the key to ON (II) and after all the normal car diagnosis, I have noticed that the two rear speakers have white noise or ("HMMMMMMM") sound (or buzz sound). It's quite noticeable in the morning especially I haven't start my engine and outside is still pretty quiet. Is that normal for those buzz sound? All other speakers in the car are pretty quiet. Are that two speakers are for bass only? After I started the car, I won't notice much unless I concentrate on it because the engine sound is louder. Can any TSX owner tell me whether it's normal or not?

2. There are second problems. When I turn on Auto Climate Control (let say set to 62F), if the fan in the front engine turn on. I will hear a weird noise "Weeeeeea" for around 2 seconds and then gone. Then it happens again if the fan turn on again. It's weird. Did anyone has any experience like that?

Thanks for everything. Any comments are welcome!

Unlucky buyer.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've gotta be kidding me... you're complaining about some imaginary noise from the back speakers and a normal fan noise?!

Why don't you record it on youtube so we can see if it's 'normal' or not?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by cestmoi
You've gotta be kidding me... you're complaining about some imaginary noise from the back speakers and a normal fan noise?!

Why don't you record it on youtube so we can see if it's 'normal' or not?

The one I mentioned on the second problem, the noise is very loud and sharp. Not a normal fan sound.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by skylander
Hi all,

I am a new TSX ('08) owner. I bought my car two days ago. So far, I have noticed two problems:

1 - When I turn the key to ON (II) and after all the normal car diagnosis, I have noticed that the two rear speakers have white noise or ("HMMMMMMM") sound (or buzz sound). It's quite noticeable in the morning especially I haven't start my engine and outside is still pretty quiet. Is that normal for those buzz sound? All other speakers in the car are pretty quiet. Are that two speakers are for bass only? After I started the car, I won't notice much unless I concentrate on it because the engine sound is louder. Can any TSX owner tell me whether it's normal or not?
That doesn't sound normal and sounds like a ground is messed up. My TSX doesn't do that. Those two 6x9s in the rear deck I believe are crossed over at the amp to only reproduce bass.

2. There are second problems. When I turn on Auto Climate Control (let say set to 62F), if the fan in the front engine turn on. I will hear a weird noise "Weeeeeea" for around 2 seconds and then gone. Then it happens again if the fan turn on again. It's weird. Did anyone has any experience like that?
Mine does this too, but it's pretty quiet and isn't anything to worry about. If it's super loud and sounds like a cat got stuck in your engine belt, then yeah, something probably is wrong with the fan clutch.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unlucky Buyer?

These are very small problems to be worrying about, take any issues up with your local dealer promptly.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for everything. Any comments are welcome!

Unlucky buyer.
if you have any concerns-i would take it back to the dealer-it might be nothing but just for peace of mind.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Instructor

My suggestion regarding the rear speakers is to get rid of them,and get a real sub-woofer (not two "mushy" bass speakers) like those lousy things. It was the first thing I did with my TSX. The fan noise-just take it to the dealer and show him your problem. That should be taken care of under warranty.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Neither of the two problems sound normal in my opinion. My '04 does neither. I don't hear any feedback/crosstalk/noise coming from my sound system in my car.

The car is new, show the dealer your issues and they should be able to fix it!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Clueless

I think it's a bit too soon to actually consider yourself unlucky. However, since you have concerns, and the car is only two days old, it might be a good idea to run these by your dealer before you give up on the car. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

New info

Hi all,

This is the sound I heard in my TSX. It usually happens when I have climate control turn on. I record it and uploaded to Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KAO0k_3oN-E

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qrwxPmhmS4w

Any idea what the sound is?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't believe you really put it on Youtube!
Anyway, TSX climate control doesn't make that kind of noise. You need to get that checked out by the dealer.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
That is a very unusual sound. The dealer should get that resolved for you. A little hassle, I know, but once the kinks are worked out I think you'll enjoy your TSX for many years to come.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Instructor

I have no idea what that sound is but I definitely laughed at how silly it is. It sounds like something out of a bad cartoon. Harass the dealer, because that's just off.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
I have that sound too on my '08. My '04 had that sound too. Has yest to be diagnosed but many have reported it on this site - look for 'whooping' sound in search. My guess is expansion valve.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Race Director

My seek button where you want to sick or replay a certain part of the cd track, that button is starting to come loose! wtf? Where's the Honda quality in that?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

Are you sure your not hearing the DVD for the Nav (in the trunk) spinning?

I at first thought this was a buzz from the speakers, but quickly figured out that it was the DVD player.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered Car Nut

that first noise is really odd, get it checked out by your dealer. this is why Honda/Acura has this lovely thing called a warranty!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

that sounds like someone or some animal... yooowooing
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
My seek button where you want to sick or replay a certain part of the cd track, that button is starting to come loose! wtf? Where's the Honda quality in that?
I am disappointed too. Especially it's a new car and the TSX is made and assembled in Japan. I am going drop off the car and checking this sound.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tnrsxs

I at first thought this was a buzz from the speakers, but quickly figured out that it was the DVD player.

Thanks for your idea. I will check it later. I have visited the dealer and attend their new own meeting. I checked out two other '08 TSX. Car 1 - The rear speakers are completely quiet when the key is turned to ON (II). Car 2 - it has a minor "buzz" sounds. But it still quieter than mine. Since I am going to let the check one the unknown "Whopping" sound. I probably will ask them to check the rear speakers too.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Instructor

Skylander, here's a whole thread on the whooping sound. Sounds like a bad AC evaporator valve, which means that you're not hearing the fan come on - you're hearing the AC compressor engage.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Cruisin'

Tnrsxs,

I checked the navigation DVD drive. You are right. After I ejected the disc, the "Hmmm" sound was gone. It's from the DVD drive and its motor spinning. The vibration is quite loud. Did you try in any way to reduce the sound?

I still need to visit the dealer to fix the "Whooping" sound problem.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Intermediate

Tnrsxs,

I checked the navigation DVD drive. You are right. After I ejected the disc, the "Hmmm" sound was gone. It's from the DVD drive and its motor spinning. The vibration is quite loud. Did you try in any way to reduce the sound?

I still need to visit the dealer to fix the "Whooping" sound problem.
Nah - mine isnt that bad. I only noticed it when I first got the car, and was parked in the garage with the car off, but playing with the Nav. Maybe just a replacement disc will suffice? Maybe that disc is slightly warped, causing the noise. Would be nice if it was that easy.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Cruisin'

Nah - mine isnt that bad. I only noticed it when I first got the car, and was parked in the garage with the car off, but playing with the Nav. Maybe just a replacement disc will suffice? Maybe that disc is slightly warped, causing the noise. Would be nice if it was that easy.
I have noticed the noise when the car is not started. It's not about the DVD reading sound. That's no big deal. BUt it's about the vibration. It probably the motor of the DVD drive. I will let the dealer check it out along with the "whooping" sound. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Cruisin'

Cool The whoop sound problem has been fixed!

Hi all,

I want to give you an update on the "whoop" sound issue. I went to the dealer two weeks and they had diagnosed the issue and seems fixed the whoop sound problem.. I haven't heard the sound ever since.

The technician performed "A/C Evacuate and Recharged A/C System" on my TSX. As far as I know, no parts was changed or replaced. They didn't mentioned changing expansion valve or anything parts at all.

The following is the exact word they used on my work order/ invoice :

""Whoop" sound coming from the dash area when A/C is turned on. Tech verified stated symptom. Called Techline. Said to performed A/C evacuate and recharge service. Performed A/C evaluate and recharged A/C system. No noise heard at this time."

I hope this information can help for those who had this similar problem.