TSX 04 Broken Into Without Forced Entry Twice!!! Help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Step Into a Slim Jim
http://austinwm.club.fr/HTLM/Photos/...y_Poffo_15.jpg

Or

Step in and Take my iPod Slim Jim
http://www.lockpickshop.com/Merchant...s-slim-jim.jpg
Old 07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by stphy32
ok my cars doors do not automatically. Yours do lanny? I have sat there and waited and mine never do.

(this is assuming: get out of the car, dont touch anything on fob and the locks will lock automatically after 30 seconds? Not my car. Doesnt do it)

Also- side note: I wish our car would open if you tried to open the door (maybe even twice pull like bmw's) but you actually have to hit unlock

The only reason for my post was to speculate how CJams doors locked automatically.

If you unlock the doors with the remote but do not open a door, they relock themselves automatically after like 30 seconds.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I am a little confused here now. I know if you hit the lock on the FOB once it just locks the doors, hit it twice "chirp" noise. Does once not really set an alarm to go off? does twice make an alarm go off if someone were to unlock it?

are u saying to manually push down the lock in the car and then shut the door?

I know I have done this, I go in my car and manually push down the locks without starting the car. I go to get out of the car and the alarm goes off. Done that a few times, feel like a nerd. lol Is this the only way to get the alarm to be set correctly if the locks are raised by a thief?
The theory on whether or not simply hitting the keyfob lock one time will lock and arm the alarm can be easily tested. Simply get into the car. Close all the doors and use your remote to lock the car. Then about 60 seconds later, manually use your fingers and pull the lock up. If the alarm goes off, it's armed.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alin10123
The theory on whether or not simply hitting the keyfob lock one time will lock and arm the alarm can be easily tested. Simply get into the car. Close all the doors and use your remote to lock the car. Then about 60 seconds later, manually use your fingers and pull the lock up. If the alarm goes off, it's armed.
or you can read it in the manual.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by elduderino
OK, just sat in car for 30 seconds and then unlocked using the interior unlock switch. Alarm triggered immediately.
Of course the alarm went off. Under that situation the manual says it will go off. Did you hit the unlock button or unlock it from inside the door? In the thread I was reading there is a way to unlock the door electronically from inside the door and disarm the alarm. Since the locking mechanism is newer there is supposed to be a way to trigger the unlock mechanism from outside the car like if you hit your key fob.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LannyM
The only reason for my post was to speculate how CJams doors locked automatically.

If you unlock the doors with the remote but do not open a door, they relock themselves automatically after like 30 seconds.
Where did I say the doors locked automatically? I was in the garage working on my car. The windows were down. I did some work on my work bench then went back to my car and tried to open the passenger door but it was locked. So I reached in and pulled the little door lock nub/stem and the alarm went off. I never locked it. It might have never been unlocked since I get in and out of the drivers side. Point is...I never set the alarm since I was in the garage working on it and when I pulled the nub/stem up the alarm went off.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:37 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jlukja
If the glovebox and trunk were not opened perhaps someone got a hold of your valet key and made a copy.
On my Civic, the valet key is the exact same cut (pattern) as my regular key. What makes it different is the key is thicker so it physically won't fit in those locks. Has anyone actually compared the TSX's valet and regular keys to see what the difference is?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by CJams
Where did I say the doors locked automatically? I was in the garage working on my car. The windows were down. I did some work on my work bench then went back to my car and tried to open the passenger door but it was locked. So I reached in and pulled the little door lock nub/stem and the alarm went off. I never locked it. It might have never been unlocked since I get in and out of the drivers side. Point is...I never set the alarm since I was in the garage working on it and when I pulled the nub/stem up the alarm went off.
Well, I was making an assumption, but you did say that you didn't lock it. And you said you didn't arm the alarm.

The alarm won't go off if the alarm is not armed. The only way to arm the alarm is to lock the doors. So if you didn't lock the doors, then it had to be automatically.....
Old 07-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
There is another way to arm the car without the key or the remote. If you turn off the ignition, open the door but accidentally push the door stem down as you get out, then close the door. The alarm will arm.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
There is another way to arm the car without the key or the remote. If you turn off the ignition, open the door but accidentally push the door stem down as you get out, then close the door. The alarm will arm.

If I get out my car and arm my aftermarket alarm with the door open, then it automatically turns on my stock alarm along with the factory alarm.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

thanks Matelot

now, for real. Is this some sort of tool, like a hanger or something.

Forget it, I will just google it LOL
Yes it's the nick name of a real tool. They are usually illegal to own.
I'm not saying I may or may not have one......

But the one I have seen (wink) is made of thin metal and has several hooked edges for grabbing onto parts of the lock mechanism inside the door.

You can find them at many many places, the copy I have seen was handed down from the early 80's
Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Racer

God I hate FOBS
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Racer

Honest to god, how has Matelot been on this forum for 8 months without being banned perm...I mean, I know i'm an asshole and I always get chewed out over here...but only the noobs seem to challenge Matelot...Is everyone scared of Matelot because he's old and wise?

WTF is up, has he done favors? Matelot <3 8=====D

CJAMS again I apologize for being a prick, but at least you have class...Matelot is straight :-/ faggotty
Old 07-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Racer

What does the TSX Stock alarm sound like? Horns going off...or sirens...lolz
Old 07-27-2005, 11:05 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vpat25
Honest to god, how has Matelot been on this forum for 8 months without being banned perm...I mean, I know i'm an asshole and I always get chewed out over here...but only the noobs seem to challenge Matelot...Is everyone scared of Matelot because he's old and wise?

CJAMS again I apologize for being a prick, but at least you have class...Matelot is straight :-/ faggotty
Am I missing something in this thread?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 PM
jmf
Need for Speed

I have heard that there are master keys that you could get from someone crooked that works for Honda. Also, have you ever had a stereo or anything else installed where you had to leave your car? If so you probably gave them your address, or they at least had your license #, name, and access to your keys. The reason I say this is that the same thing happened to me with my ITR. Just got a new Kenwood installed and the thing was gone in two days, clean. I found out later that it was the crooked fuckers that did the install. I found out later that they did the same thing a lot. I wonder how many times they installed the same stereo...Sorry it sucks that is happening just remember you can't be too careful.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vpat25

Old 07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont get whats goin on here.... why is he/she mad at you matelot? sorry vpat I cant really tell what your pic is for your avatar?

lets be nice to matelot!