TSX @ Night

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:18 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
TSX @ Night

What is it about driving the TSX at night that is so much more entertaining than driving it during the day?

Last night I went out at about 10:15PM to return a video down the street. What was supposed to be a 4 minute trip turned into a 20 minute drive around town.

I get into the car and immediately the seat feels firmer, more tight fitting and much more supportive. I immediately fine a comfortable position. I pull out and the handling seems crisper and the engine more responsive and more powerful. I know there's something to be said about the cool air at night allowing the engine to breathe easier, but the car felt downright fast. And ontop of all hat the car felt unbelivably tight and solid. I felt like I was driving a tank that had razor sharp handling, it was unbelivable. The only other car I've ever had the same feeling in was my 98 GS-R, everything was better at night.

To make a long story short, I had a really hard time getting out of the car. I've had the car since April and never enjoyed it as much as I did last night. I started wondering where the summer went. I started thinking about how I wanted this car so I could enjoy nights like last night and now realize there are'nt many of those nights left. Damn the winter and damn these short Canadian summers.

Either way I'm going for another boot around town tonight at the same time. I don't care if gas is 75 cents a litre (87 w/94 Octane) driving the the TSX at night is well worth it.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i feel the same but it's the blue ambience lights that do it for me...
Old 09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by dabuda2004
i feel the same but it's the blue ambience lights that do it for me...
The blue lighting is tits. I was admiring it last night (and every other night). I wonder if the TL has it...
Old 09-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue lights rock, hids look great, gauge cluster is awesome...

domn, I'm there with you. I've usually been an early riser to get to work before everyone else... but in the last couple months, I've been getting up even earlier. I WANT to beat the sun up just so I can drive to work in the dark, and before the roads get overly congetsted.

preach on!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Happy TSXer

heh, a couple of days ago around 9PM, I told my wife I'll go buy a set of component cable at CircuitCity for our new DVD set. Said it's only going to take about 10 minutes. I get on the car, start the engine , warm up for a couple of minutes, and drive out. On my way to CircuitCity, I feel, "Hey, what a nice car" and decide to take the longer route. And then, I find myself driving around the city enjoying the TSX ride. I ended up returning home at 10PM and my wife was really anxious (yep, no cell phone here). There's my story about the pleasant night driving experience.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Pro

COUNT ME IN!!! The first few weeks I got my car, I only drove it at night like twice, then I tried to find excuses to go out at night so I could drive my car. I LOVE IT. I was able to take a long road trip this weekend at night. The one reason why I wanted the ebony interior was that at night, it's all dark and all you have is the beautiful guage and blue lights shining down.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:17 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by DjElucid
it's all dark and all you have is the beautiful guage and blue lights shining down.
Exactly, its the fact that everything is dark and all you can see is the gorgeous gauges. I can't wait till it gets dark

Oh ya, the blue lighting is nice too, but to be honest I'm so used to it now I never pay any attention to it anymore
Old 09-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Über Geek

Blue lights make night driving other worldly. It's very trippy. Sometimes I hold my hand flat and palm-down over the shifter so it gets that blue glow.

You Canadians luck. Here in South Florida, it's too hot for open windows most of the year. I can't wait for November.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:53 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by captainjack
Blue lights make night driving other worldly. It's very trippy. Sometimes I hold my hand flat and palm-down over the shifter so it gets that blue glow.

You Canadians luck. Here in South Florida, it's too hot for open windows most of the year. I can't wait for November.
Ya we really lucked out on that :o

Come end of September I won't be able to leave my house without first moving the ice block from my igloo and then snow blowing the driveway wearing Bear fur and ice skates to take out my TSX that first has to have the block heater unplugged and then be warmed up for 40 minutes because its -45 outside.

Ya we're real lucky that it ai'nt too hot.

Ok we don't actually have to do that in Toronto but they do in Montreal Besides my baby stays in the garage.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Racer

driving at night is the best... I really like going out and opening all of the windows, especially the sunroof.. It's a lot better when it's not so humid out.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:41 PM
kLo
Intermediate

amen!

Old 09-03-2003, 09:04 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Oh yeah! I went for a night drive last week on some curvy back roads and it was heaven on a stick! Too bad, like cptjack mentioned, its too hot in FL to roll the windows down. Can't wait for our *cough* "winter" months.

-r
Old 09-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

boy im glad i live in colorado for only that reason. we have 5% humidity all year round. its usually about 70 degrees in the evening and driving with the windows down is never an issue. however we could use a lot more AIR up here at 6200 feet. what we have for an advantage in the wheather we loose in horsepower!
i guess there is a little give and take, is there any perfect climate? maybe california?
anyway i too find it hard to pry myself out of my TSX. i know what you guys mean, ever since i have had it i cant seem to get enough of it.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Bound for Europe

Yeah domn, this car is the dog's bollocks at night. It DOES feel qiuicker and tighter and the glow inside the ebony interior is what I've always dreamed of. That blue light should be standard on every car.
In a way, I believe my car is happier at night. Here in B.C., I've not been able to wash my baby for about three weeks due to the water restrictions. So at night the car is not as embarrassed to be seen as it is during the day, and it responds accordingly.

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN.....please.
My baby is dying to be waxed as well
Old 09-04-2003, 10:14 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Soze75
this car is the dog's bollocks at night

You from england?
Old 09-04-2003, 10:22 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Soze75
I've not been able to wash my baby for about three weeks due to the water restrictions.
I'll pray for your car and hope it makes it through these difficult times. These restrictions should really not apply to anyone driving a TSX
Old 09-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Bound for Europe

Originally posted by fdl

You from england?
Nah.
I'm just love their slang, music, and sports.
My grandparents drilled me on all things England from an early age. I even watch Coronation Street because for the last 10 years before they recently passed away, we would watch it together.

I'm going to London in March for the Arsenal v Manchester United game as well.

Tally-ho, wankers!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Bound for Europe

Originally posted by domn
I'll pray for your car and hope it makes it through these difficult times. These restrictions should really not apply to anyone driving a TSX
Thanks domn.
It's been hellish indeed. I spent $126 on car care stuff and haven't been able to use it. My dad and I even chipped in for a SIMONIZ power washer.

RAIN! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Racer

Ditto the sentiments about driving at night. It's a whole new experience -- loving the xenons. I'm looking forward to shorter days and longer nights of winter.

After reading your comments, I'm also appreciating the fact that I can drive around in my Southern California climate with the windows down any night of the year (unless it's raining, which isn't too often).
Old 09-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Advanced

Nice thread. I think my stereo sounds better at night too. About a week after I picked mine up, I decided to play some CDs for the first time. I went through my inventory and picked 6 of them that are special to me and selected one track from each for "opening night." It was nearly dark when I started my relaxed drive and I think that added a nice touch to this special little routine I have with each new car.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:13 PM
04 remembrance

i concur
Old 09-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Jason
The blue lighting is tits. I was admiring it last night (and every other night). I wonder if the TL has it...
Then you should get the metal-look interior trim kit. It reflects the ambient lighting much better than the grey or ebony plastic and makes it much more noticeable.