Transportation prep for TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transportation prep for TSX?

hey guys, so im finally taking delivery tomolo, but, I went to take a look at the car at the lot, and jesus that thing is brown dirt dusty, and it looks like some thick thick amounts of over sprayed clearcoat are on the hood and trunk of the car. When I asked some people randomly, they said it was a liquid plastic film to protect the paint during transportation... but something about seeing a car that dirty to that magnatude makes me feel uneasy, but shit maybe its my first time seeing a dirty transported car in my life.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Banned

mine probably looked worse.

they put this clearcoat on it... 6 weeks later I'm still trying to get it all off. make sure you pick your car up on a cool day so the clearcoat doesnt get all sticky and hard to take off.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Racer

The liquid-plastic stuff they put is sort of like melted wax. Dirt/ect are going to stick to it a lot easier. The car will be 10X cleaner when they remove it. Just about all of the cars that are delieved are going to be filty. The trucks they go on aren't covered, so everything the trunk goes through (rain/etc) the cars all go through. That's the main reason for the protective stuff acura puts on the cars. No need to worry, just make sure the dealer removed all of it.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Advanced

i c i c thanks... btw reporting in, my car is the 13370/15000
Old 09-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I saw my car--13895--in the dealer's indoor storage area this afternoon. It just arrived yesterday, and it had the same protective waxy goop on it, plus all the seats were heavily covered. The back seats had some silvery sheetingon it, whereas the front seats had clear plastic sheeting. The alloy wheels had plastic covering on them. Cool. It's like looking at a new baby with its birth material still attached. Hmmmm. Well, actually that sounds VERY gross, but I took pictures anyway. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my digital camera, so I brought a film camera along. It will be a few weeks before I get the films back with CD images before I can post new "baby pictures".
Old 09-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Advanced

I mean its 13730... sorry about the 400car mixup hehe
Old 09-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Like It Smooth!

Originally posted by Brad
I saw my car--13895--in the dealer's indoor storage area this afternoon. It just arrived yesterday...
It's about bloody time mate...
Old 09-14-2003, 12:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by AdamC
It's about bloody time mate...
Phfew! It is about time, aye! I could have waited a bit more for the Carbon Grey, but today when I visited my dealer, I drove my dark grey pickup. I then saw two Satin Silver TSX's on the dealer's lot nearby and realized that the Satin Silver color complements (compliments?) my dark grey pickup nicely. Yes, I love the Carbon Grey TSX, but I think for color balance and color harmony on my driveway, my house, and landscaping (lots of trees, ferns, other shrubery, and lawn), that I like the light and dark contrasts between my new silver car and my dark grey pickup more so than having two dark grey vehicles together. Too much darkness would throw the color balance and harmony out of whack.

How's that for a load full of crap! Cheers, matey! Time for a beer. A Steinlager? Hmmm. They say Guiness is no longer a breakfast drink, but I'm not so sure...

I now have two nights to endure whilst I await the time to pick up my new car later on Monday.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Like It Smooth!

Originally posted by Brad
Phfew! It is about time, aye! I could have waited a bit more for the Carbon Grey, but today when I visited my dealer, I drove my dark grey pickup. I then saw two Satin Silver TSX's on the dealer's lot nearby and realized that the Satin Silver color complements (compliments?) my dark grey pickup nicely. Yes, I love the Carbon Grey TSX, but I think for color balance and color harmony on my driveway, my house, and landscaping (lots of trees, ferns, other shrubery, and lawn), that I like the light and dark contrasts between my new silver car and my dark grey pickup more so than having two dark grey vehicles together. Too much darkness would throw the color balance and harmony out of whack.

How's that for a load full of crap! Cheers, matey! Time for a beer. A Steinlager? Hmmm. They say Guiness is no longer a breakfast drink, but I'm not so sure...

I now have two nights to endure whilst I await the time to pick up my new car later on Monday.

You can't go wrong with either CG or SSM. Personally, I like both with ebony interior. Good luck and sweet dreams till Monday.
Please post pics!!! Cheers!