Old 10-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Traded in the TSX

It was time for me to move on.

Just traded the TSX for a 2006 Dodge Charger RT with the Hemi

Power:340 horsepower at 5,000 rpm
Torque:390 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm

Took it out to Vegas this week, really need to keep an eye on the Speedometer to keep from speeding. The feeling is just that of limitless power.

Not to mention that everytime we stopped a crowd of people would form around the car.

I was tired of waiting for something that would add a signifigant amount of power to the TSX.

Take care, maybe in a few years I will be back in the Honda family
Old 10-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Pro

congrats on your new car!

...i just dont get how ppl can buy brand new american cars. those things depreciate in value so fast and they break down so fast!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Race Director

Dang man, I would get the Charger too, however I'm one of those people who's never owned a domestic car. I love the exhaust badass sound and it's very prevelent in that car.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whats the mpg on the hemi 11?

Anyways congrats. I'm sure its a great car...too bad it has 4 doors. My dad loves the charger it was the car in his day. He would get one if it was coupe. But its just a Chysler 300C rebadge with a bigger rear fender. Disappointing to charger fans.

Another big V8 on the road, I'm so not impressed. But thats just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Instructor

17 mpg city / 25 mpg highway
If it were a two door, I never would have got it, thats the main reason I did not get the GTO

To be honest, I stomped on the TSX so hard I have a feeling I will end up with about the same or better mileage at least that is how it is looking at this point.

As for longevity I am not to worried, I kept the TSX for about 2.5 years and that is a long time for me. I usually dump cars after 2 years tops.

I almost got the Daytona, but it just screams pull me over I'm having a mid life crisis do I passed on that.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm sure it will be fun...I love the look and power of the charger, but don't think I could ever leave the Honda family. I'm going into law enforcement next year and I heard Dodge will offer a police package for the Charger, so maybe I'll end up with one as a work vehicle. That would be awesome.

Slats
Old 10-22-2005, 12:00 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by slats
I'm sure it will be fun...I love the look and power of the charger, but don't think I could ever leave the Honda family. I'm going into law enforcement next year and I heard Dodge will offer a police package for the Charger, so maybe I'll end up with one as a work vehicle. That would be awesome.

Slats

Haha, How about a TSX Police Cruiser? JK

:gheyhug:
:gheylaugh:

Old 10-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Banned

Get ready to get raped by the Arabs/oil companies
Old 10-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by magnifico
Quick lets all get an Insight or a golf cart.

I expense all work realted miles anyways (even lots of questionable miles), the trip to vegas was all expensed.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Racer

Whats up with everyone trading in their tsx these days????
Old 10-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Long term fuel economy from C&D and R&T showed 12 and 13 mpg. Really.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 AM
YBA
Burning Brakes

That's the only american car (other than the viper) I ever considered... I didn't get it since I didn't need another fast car.

congratulation.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Pro

It is not the Arab companies that are pimping the world, but Americans and British.

So get ready to be pimped by your president
Old 10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Instructor

The 18/25 in my opinion is compairable to the TSX, esp considering it has 340hp and 390 tourqe

Originally Posted by Saintor
Long term fuel economy from C&D and R&T showed 12 and 13 mpg. Really.
Can you imagine how those c/d people drove that car.

I've personally have test drove a hemi charger with 4 other people in the car and its fast...real fast. Overall i would also consider buying that car as well. But me personalyl i would've probley stayed away from a first year american car (even tho it is a 300c). Ive never been to fond of chyrslers but they have improved alot when they merged with mercedes.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:01 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats on the new ride

<---Gibson, who sometimes wishes he went with the STI
Old 10-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally couldn't imagine buying such a big, ugly, gas guzzling V8 vehicle, but that's me. What's really important, is that you seem to have found a car you are happier with, so congrats.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbybrado
The 18/25 in my opinion is compairable to the TSX, esp considering it has 340hp and 390 tourqe....

gosh, the contradiction in this statement is nuts.

That thing has 70% more power than TSX and Honda couldn't figure out how to give TSX that level of power WITHOUT f&cking up fuel eco ?:scratchhead:

You have a bizzare definition of the word "comparable"
Old 10-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Just dial 1911

gosh, the contradiction in this statement is nuts.

That thing has 70% more power than TSX and Honda couldn't figure out how to give TSX that level of power WITHOUT f&cking up fuel eco ?:scratchhead:

You have a bizzare definition of the word "comparable"
You obviously dont know shit about the Hemi engine. Most of the time your running on four cylinders. Only when you punch it do all 8 kick in. Saves a lot of gas right there...
Old 10-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joerockt
You obviously dont know shit about the Hemi engine. Most of the time your running on four cylinders. Only when you punch it do all 8 kick in. Saves a lot of gas right there...
Thing is, if you replaced the TSX with the Charger, how often do you think you'll be "running on 4?"
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, that hell of power for not much money. If Acura made a car with similar specs, the line around the block would be miles long with buyers.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by calgary2800
Wow, that hell of power for not much money. If Acura made a car with similar specs, the line around the block would be miles long with buyers.
If Acura made a car with similiar specs, what makes you think it'll be any better/same price as the charger? The charger is awesome for what price it's at, although I don't rock that kinda stuff.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vitocorleone
I personally couldn't imagine buying such a big, ugly, gas guzzling V8 vehicle, but that's me. What's really important, is that you seem to have found a car you are happier with, so congrats.

i would agree in a few ways, though i think if that car is great for you then its great for you. i've seen that in person (i work in the same building edmunds.com is in) and well i cant get over the fact that the rear doors look like they were just randomly added. i guess im not a big fan of the particular car, though the hemi and frame are great, i'd probably have gone for the magnum in the 300c, charger, magnum trio if those were my only choices.

great car though, at least it tries to save gas with the cylinder deactivation and its based on the old e class so decent chassis.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Advanced

The SRT-8 is the only Charger I would ever own (425hp).

It's just another Dodge.

Although.. having an '06 General Lee... hmm.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Race Director

Don't want to start something here, but my friend just told me he still thinks the Charger represent white trash. I'm like ok???
Old 10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hellspare
Thing is, if you replaced the TSX with the Charger, how often do you think you'll be "running on 4?"

I guess the wise Chrysler engineers put that feature in for the benefit of some granny buyers.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Intermediate

American cars have always given me the impression that they are cheaply made, fuel hogging, inexpensive machines that go fast in a straight line. Hate me all you like, but it's all true.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 AM
HOWARD911S

Originally Posted by hellspare
American cars have always given me the impression that they are cheaply made, fuel hogging, inexpensive machines that go fast in a straight line. Hate me all you like, but it's all true.
couldnt agree with you more. to me, with few exception like top of the line cadi and lincoln, all other ones to me are just 4 tires , 1 steerin wheel and 1 engine. nevermind quality, just look at the ac knob, stereo knob and lay out, its just not as well made as acura ones.

though I would have to congrad u on the huge power surge you will experience everyday, that is something i can never achieve in tsx, but if i were to have a choice with charger and tsx in front of me.. no question asked, tsx it is....
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Overlord

Originally Posted by blueingrid
The SRT-8 is the only Charger I would ever own (425hp).

It's just another Dodge.

Although.. having an '06 General Lee... hmm.
I hate how Chrysler has bastardized the Charger name. The General Lee did NOT have FOUR DOORS!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Overlord

I've had American cars all my life until the TSX. I've owned an '81 Buick Riviera, an '87 Buick Electra T-Type, a '92 Saturn SC2, and a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. They were all very good cars (though the GTP had a lot of problems towards the end, due largely to an accident that was never fixed quite right.) I'd LOVE to have the Saturn back.

I didn't buy the TSX because I think American cars are crap. I don't. But there is no American car that competes with the TSX. The closest thing out there feature-wise is the Cadillac CTS and the Lincoln LS. To get those with the same features as the TSX, it would have been $40K. But that is not unique to American cars. I also looked at the Jaguar X-type, Volvo S40, Audi A4, BMW 325, Infiniti G35, etc. Same thing - if you want leather/moonroof/HID/navigation, you're going to pay $40K, and the depreciation will hurt you badly in a couple of years.

That's why the TSX was just right for me.

If I was going for power this time around, I'd have a GTO. Hands down. My brother has an '04 GTO with the 6-speed, and he still gets 21mpg around town out of his 350hp 5.7L V8. It's also a very nice looking car, and very well built. And it's blindingly FAST and agile. Forget the "straight-line-only" lie - it will turn circles around most things. It is a blast to drive. Of course, while it's still GM, it's not really an American car, is it? So what? Judge each car based on its own merits, not on some stupid preconceived notion based on what nation the factory is in.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
I hate how Chrysler has bastardized the Charger name. The General Lee did NOT have FOUR DOORS!
but, but, it's got a hemi!

malibu, impala, even the monte carlo....now i can only dream of the return of the nova and chevelle as comfortable commuter sedans.

clearly, the tsx isn't for everyone, especially for those who need more power. i can't believe those same people bought it in the first place. the numbers, let alone a test drive, should've raised red flags for them. honestly....

Originally Posted by calgary2800
well, acura doesn't make muscle cars. a v-6 option would definitely have drawn more buyers, but acura likes to do things a little different. plus, reliability, quality and preceived image/status are more important to some people.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Racer

i really do have to agree that the 4 door charger just sort of bastardized the name. they should have just come up with an original name.

some american cars do handle well though and arent just straight line.

solstice, corvettes, the fiero, the rwd caddilacs, the chrysler crossfire (yes i know its an slk), etc.

the gas milage myth isnt even that big a deal. i had two nissan cars before this. an altima 2001 and a g35 2005. and well. they are probably worse than americans as far as gas milage.

a corvette gets better milage than a g35, and a chevy cobalt gets better gas milage than my altima, as does the focus etc.

so i dont think its fair to overly generalize the americans as having all straight line cars with bad gas milage.

i do have to say, that the one generalization that seems to fit (but is being slowly remedied) is the interiors of american cars are terrible. the new fords are improving this a lot though, maybe not so much on gm cars, but i know ford seems to be making an effort not.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Intermediate

I don't know about you guys, but I always seem to be the fastest car on the freeway in my TSX. I look down at the speedometer and can't believe I'm going 85 mph or faster. I have never done this in any car I've owned - even big badassed American V-8's. All those cars could have easily gone this fast - and gotten there faster too - but none of them have the smooth, silky power of my TSX. And I get gas only once every 12-14 days instead of once a week now.

You can have your Hemi. I'd rather not have people I don't know cooing around my car. I'd rather impress myself and my friends in my TSX that say they've never been in a nicer all-around car before.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RickKel
I don't know about you guys, but I always seem to be the fastest car on the freeway in my TSX. I look down at the speedometer and can't believe I'm going 85 mph or faster. I have never done this in any car I've owned - even big badassed American V-8's. All those cars could have easily gone this fast - and gotten there faster too - but none of them have the smooth, silky power of my TSX. And I get gas only once every 12-14 days instead of once a week now.

You can have your Hemi. I'd rather not have people I don't know cooing around my car. I'd rather impress myself and my friends in my TSX that say they've never been in a nicer all-around car before.
And that's also why I chose my TSX or any flashier cars like Lancers and Suburus.
Great way to put it.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by RickKel

I know what you mean. I think the TSX's has an unusually high feeling of being planted on the road, especially at high speed. So you don't really feel like you're going that fast.

I keep hearing how underpowered the TSX is, but I always find I'm going too fast. I can only come to one conclusion, all arguments to the contrary: the TSX ISN'T underpowered.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Intermediate

I had a Chevy Malibu (Not by choice) and the minute I had enough to purchase my own car I went Japanese! Screw the I say we hike the prices on wheat and make the bastards feel the pressure from our side!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:11 AM
Instructor

Still loving the Hemi

should be trading for a 2008 SuperBee soon

Have Fun!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Banned

Strange guy.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Clueless

Wow. Tough crowd! Enjoy your car!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Advanced

I dont think American cars are inferior in anyway, I dont buy into the ignorance that If its JDM its better . Oh well I own my TSX because I like it, and nothing else .
Old 09-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If you like a charger, then the TSX wasn't a great fit for you in the first place.

Quick Reply: Traded in the TSX