touchup123

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touchup123

For anyone who is considering using touchup123.com for scratch repair be forewarned. I placed an order nearly 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive the product. My CC was charged the day after the order. Their customer service is non-existent. Multiple emails and phone calls went unanswered. Ultimately I had to call my CC company to dispute the charge and receive a credit.

I have never had an experience from an online vendor this bad. Will have to try another method such a langka or a paintpen.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
I hate when shit like that happens. Douchebags just trying to screw us over

I used Langka with decent results.
Great customer service too
Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Too bad now they have your credit card number.

I think the site I used was paintscratch.com
Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I just used Lanka too - it was a deep scratch in the bumper. Came out OK, probably more due to the quality of the touch up paint than Lanka.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:52 PM
I've got spurs...

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.touchup123.com/news.aspx?showarticle=8

Seems they are doing maintenance? I would still avoid them though...
Old 06-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Intermediate

that sucks! sorry to hear that!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM
6th Gear

Maintenance or no maintenance, it's no excuse for no customer service support in any form. The very least they could have done is sent an email to all customers who placed an order and not post some lame update on their website one month after the fact.

Received a credit from my CC company. I agree, I would definitely will not order from them again nor would I recommend anyone to. As for their product, I'll never know nor care anymore.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by cracker74
Maintenance or no maintenance, it's no excuse for no customer service support in any form. The very least they could have done is sent an email to all customers who placed an order and not post some lame update on their website one month after the fact.

Received a credit from my CC company. I agree, I would definitely will not order from them again nor would I recommend anyone to. As for their product, I'll never know nor care anymore.
My name is Jason R. Shaver and am one of the owners of TouchUp123. I just wanted to mention that we agree that we have had some massive customer service issues in the past and have put great effort towards resolving them.

If anyone has any outstanding problems or we even left a bad taste in your mouth, please feel free to email my personal address, JasonRShaver@gmail.com with your phone number and a time to call and I would like to understand what can be done in the future to pervent the issues.

Jason R. Shaver
jasonrshaver@gmail.com
Old 10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Four months later? That must have been one heck of a Customer Service issue!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Instructor

can you really call it customer service after 4 months?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Let me help you!

Give him a break...he probably googled for his site and found a link to this thread on page # 55 or whatever. Maybe it was already resolved months ago, and he's just coming here to clear things up. I mean, if he's not actively trying to help and didn't post here, someone 5 years from now might find this thread in a search and may have had less options available (since he may have thought that it was a bad site).

The OP only has 4 posts. Account created in August 2006, and he posted twice then. In June of 2007, he creates this thread and does two more posts. So perhaps he only came here after nearly a year to spread the word about the site. Maybe it was resolved in July of 2007, and the OP hasn't returned to give us an update? Maybe in 1 year's time, the OP will come back and say it was resolved quickly, and then you two will withdraw your comment when you realize that he had received good customer service.

By the way, Jason just created his account, which means it's his first time here. Had he been here in June and then waited for 4 months to answer this thread, then that would be poor customer service. He admits his company's previous faults and is trying to do some damage control...how many companies do you see popping into a forum to give a personal e-mail address and offer help/resolution?
Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 AM
6th Gear

What does it matter when I created my account or how many posts I made? That shouldn't discredit a poster. If you have doubts about the legitimacy of my posts then that's your choice. I have had my TSX for nearly 15 months and have had zero problems short of squeaking driver's seat (which is/was a common problem in TSX's and was fixed promptly by my dealer). I'm not into mods or anything. I have used this forum mainly to read and not to post...

As far at touchup123 goes, the issue was resolved (about 4-5 weeks after ordering I received the product). I even had the decency and honesty to call my CC company so that they could re-charge the amount after first issuing me a credit. I did however never receive a phone call or email from touchup123 explaining the long delay in shipment or lack of response to emails and phone calls. As for the product, it's ok for a touch up based product. Paint matches well. Short of a true buff and fresh paint coat from a body shop, it's probably as good as you can do.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:35 AM
I can't find my garage

thanks for the heads up
Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Let me help you!

Originally Posted by cracker74
What does it matter when I created my account or how many posts I made? That shouldn't discredit a poster. If you have doubts about the legitimacy of my posts then that's your choice.
It shows that you're not a contributing member, and that you've most likely disappeared. I have accounts on numerous forums that I've only visited once or twice. I've seen people on forums that only come on to "spread the word" every few months.

And the only discrediting I see are the two that were bashing Jason for replying after 4 months in a forum he's never been to before.

If you want to be discredited...how about this: You say the problem was resolved 4-5 weeks after ordering, and you posted your thread 3 weeks after ordering. So 1-2 weeks after your thread, your problem is resolved...and 4 months later, this thread shows no resolution? Had Jason not brought this up, everyone who had been doing a search for "touch up paint" would have come across this thread and crossed off the site.

Be responsible...if you post a thread that diminishes the reputation of someone or a company, and they have finally resolved it, be sure to post the update.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM
2nd Gear

To those asking how it can be a customer service issue after four months... Well we don't call it a customer service issue here, we call it bad business, and that is just what it was.

Really, there is no justification for the experinces that some of our customers have faced. We were wrong as a company; we admit and accept that, and we have made changes to remove the envrioment that allowed it in the first place. We also are commited to further improve our order process (that caused problems in the past) and the customer service that made our customers frustrated with us while trying to ask about issues with our ordering process.

Jason R. Shaver

P.S. I also wanted to say that I used to work for an Acura Dealer in Lisle, IL as a salesman when the TSX came out. I love that car, I think it was a better (more fun) drive then the TL. Regretfully, I bought a 2000 3.2 TL and could not justify buying a new car. As a further note, my TL will hit 100k miles next week I think. =)
Old 10-26-2007, 03:49 PM
6th Gear

To SoCaliTrojan

1) I did not discredit Jason (in fact it's honorable he posted here and admits his company's poor handling of the situation).

2) To me it was bad business regardless of being 'resolved' and arriving 5 weeks late. Jason freely admits that. I highly doubt anyone's decision to order from them would have changed much had I posted my 5 week follow-up....and as for not having done that sorry. It wasn't done intentionally.

Peace