Touch up paint- bottles, pens, whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Touch up paint- bottles, pens, whats up?

So I was just thinking about how difficult it is to repair chips and minor scratches with availiable touch up products from the dealer.
The avaliable methods usally end up in blotchy, unsightly splotches. This begs the question- why isnt there an eaiser and more successful method to do this?

I would argue that if Acura came out with mini spaypaint bottles in the body colours, these products would do the job much better than the pens and brushes currently availiable. By doing a better job, Acura would sell much more of them. Selling more = more $$.

Spraying paint covers a region much smoother than a brush or marker ever could. Of course, the spray paint would have to have a small, directed nozzle, to ensure a small area of coverage.

Just a thought.

J.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if you know how to operate a buffing machine you can get really good results.... use the color pen or bottle with the right color (Acura paint bottles).

Here are the steps that I took with really good results.

1. Clean out area that you are going to paint.

2. Fill in area with paint

3. Let it dry.

4. Use 3M polish (there are numerous grades), use the finest.

5. Apply to the area painted

6. Buff using buffer machine (if you don't know how to use one find somebody who does)... especially with 3M polish.

The botching area should look clean. You can still see where you painted but it's smooth with the rest of the paint so you have to really look for it.