Is it too much to ask???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it too much to ask???

So i need to take my car in for 20K service and I called up my dealer asking if i could drive around a 04TL while they service my car.

I told them i was interested in possibly trading my 04 tsx for an 04 / 05 tl and that instead of a 15 min test drive, a 1.5 hr ride would help in my decision (im really not planning on it.. just wanted to satisfy my curiosity).

They said that since im not 25 (im 24 and change) that i wont be able to loan a car from them. The thing is that ive loaned cars from them... and when i pointed this out to them... the woman just said.. im sorry... but we cant.

So then i called another dealership... seeing if me saying that i would switch to their dealership for service would help my case... and they said that they dont loan their cars out to ppl who didnt buy the car from their dealership.

im thinking of calling my original dealer again and trying to convince them to let me drive it around.

but seriously... is it too much to ask? any tips on how i can sway their opinon?
thanks fellas.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Talking

Just go in....take one out for a test drive and see how long you can go before the sales guy starts freaking out
Old 03-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Wait a few months kiddo....
Old 03-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wsklar
Wait a few months kiddo....

Old 03-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by balata97
....They said that since im not 25 (im 24 and change) that i wont be able to loan a car from them.....
You're approaching this the wrong way. Don't ask the SERVICE person for a LOANER TL. Ask the SALES person for a TEST DRIVE in a TL.

The service lady doesn't give a damn if you drive a TL or not. The salesman wants to sell you a car, so of course he'll let you drive it.

Now, go try again!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:01 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Do some work on your powers of persuasion
Old 03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
04 remembrance

You could usually request a loaner, but you can't specify what kind of loaner you'll want.

As for test drives, just talk to the Sales Manager, I'm sure he/she'll be more than willing to help you out.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
7th Gear

Do you have to be s certain age to get a loaner???
Old 03-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Boriqua2715
Do you have to be s certain age to get a loaner???
i dont think so i always get a loaner and at the time i was 23, im 25 now. i think getting a loaner is such a privilage and too many people take it for granted. your not paying for it (usually unless they charge 2 bucks a day). its not something that really even looks right to throw in the dealers face, aka 'i bought my car here because of your loaner program!'. i wish i was given a tl, but i always get a tsx and i dont think twice about it because i KNOW what a royal p.i.a it is to not get a loaner at all...

i think your probably best telling them a story like 'hi, can i get a larger car as a loaner, my truck is off the road and i need the space for the day'.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

thats hilarious. the funny thing is i get loaner cars from the one dealership all the time, im 17 years old. i just dont mention my age. and the other dealership are just a buncha ass holes who request like 2 months in advance for loaner cars.

take it for a test drive, hopefully they dont come with you, then take your time.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro

I'm 24 and I got a TL loaner too.. I didn't even purchase my TSX from the dealer that had service my car.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Racer

I can't see how it would make any difference whether you're 24 or 25. As long as you're legal to drive and entitled for a loan car (i.e. because your TSX is at service). The only thing is you can't usually ask for a specific loan car.

It's just funny that they actually told you they couldn't loan you the TL due to you not being 25. I personally think that's just wrong. For some reason, they simply didn't want to loan you a TL, but they could've used some other excuse.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:05 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lamster
I can't see how it would make any difference whether you're 24 or 25. As long as you're legal to drive and entitled for a loan car (i.e. because your TSX is at service). The only thing is you can't usually ask for a specific loan car.

It's just funny that they actually told you they couldn't loan you the TL due to you not being 25. I personally think that's just wrong. For some reason, they simply didn't want to loan you a TL, but they could've used some other excuse.

I believe there are insurance reasons that affect your ability to get a loaner under 25. Some dealerships enforce it and some don't.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:20 AM
such a dirty birdy

As far as the age thing goes, you'll probably just have to wait it out. As for a longer test drive, it shouldn't be too hard to find a dealer willing to do that. When I was shopping for the TSX, I called up the dealer and told them I was interested in the car and wanted a longer test drive. I had a short road trip to make (2 hrs each way) and wanted a TSX for a day to try it out. They had no problem with setting that up for me.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Advanced

UPDATE.....

got a 04 black TL with a-spec package on it. for the WHOLE DAY.

HA.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by balata97
UPDATE.....

got a 04 black TL with a-spec package on it. for the WHOLE DAY.

HA.

Same dealer? Different dealer? What did you do?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TSX Cman
thats hilarious. the funny thing is i get loaner cars from the one dealership all the time, im 17 years old. i just dont mention my age. and the other dealership are just a buncha ass holes who request like 2 months in advance for loaner cars.

take it for a test drive, hopefully they dont come with you, then take your time.
^^^ quoting myself.
I just got back from acura, they are replacing my whole center console, from the clock to the AC controls cuz the whole thing just stopped working, also they now have the official bulletin in the dealerships for door vibration.
AS WELL, i got a 2005 EL for a loaner, the guy asked for my ID and credit card, and wrote my info down himself. and im 17 still, and have a car on the driveway

just thought id add this in.
TSX Cman
Old 03-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

call me the flash, when i posted the one above i got a call from my dealer, my car was ready. i got across town in 15 minutes in their EL, it was a swift drive.
Somebody let me know where you are supposed to praise or complain a dealership officially. the one i go to is twice the distance compared to Silverhill which is popular and get awards. Silverhill is the least customer friendly place, if you have ever heard me rant about them before... ive got about 7 times where they dont fix one thing i ask..

ANYWAYS, just got back from NorthWest Acura, those guys are amazing, they get me a loaner, i havnt had to pay for gas, they are efficient, and even pretend to be my friend . They put the sound deadeing shit in my door panels, no more bass problems at all till you crank the level too high. they replaced my windshield wipers, which work great now, and even cleaned my INTERIOR, not just the exterior. I am quite pleased and amazed, the guy mentioned a buletin to fix my wires to the rear end of the car, they added some insulation or something. now ive just got a couple days wait for my new center console to get in, and im goin back
Old 03-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlukja

Same dealer? Different dealer? What did you do?

it was from the same dealer.
talked to the sales manager and convinced him that it was worth it. =)