Too many evil people in this world!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MadMac
not that i know of. i was just walking in the garage to my car and i noticed a banana yellow Porche boxer parked in a corner. The guy parked his porche so close to the corner no passenger would be able to get out. I assume he did this to keep the driver side clear from anyone else parking close to him.... the 2001 Maxima parked sooooooooo close to the driver side door as to block the car totally in. No way could the driver of the Porche get into the car. On the driver side of the Maxima there was at least 4 ft of space between the next car (Honda Accord). Come one now. The maxima driver did this to be an a-hole!!!!!
ok, i agree.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People should be worried about their credit history, paying their premium on time and getting into at fault accidents. These are legit reasons for an insurance company to non-renew your policy, not for a comprehensive claim like a key job.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Elltrain
People should be worried about their credit history, paying their premium on time and getting into at fault accidents. These are legit reasons for an insurance company to non-renew your policy, not for a comprehensive claim like a key job.
exactly. good credit and paying your premiums, the insurer is going to make money off of you. unless you get in 2-3 accidents a year, they are raking in bank on your dollars and the way the invest those dollars. they practically pay out claims with interest on the money they have stacked away.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
i think he was pointing out that using the word "fag" was a bit uneccessary, actually just as bad as keying someone's car if there's a homosexual on the board, you have offended them. just a poor choice of words when you could have said some "asshole" or "prick" etc.
I don't see any problem with using the word "fag". What if you offend an "asshole" or "prick"??
Old 06-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
I don't see any problem with using the word "fag". What if you offend an "asshole" or "prick"??
i'm hopinh that was sarcasm. i think we're all well passed using words like that and other slurs.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Claiming insurance doesnt always raise the rated. When I had my scion tc, it was hit while parked. I filed a police report, reported it to insurance company. Adjuster came down, appraised it for $1700 worth of damage. Al lI paid was teh deductible. When it was time to renew insurance, my rates actually went down, so this claim had 0 impact on the rate. As long as you dont claim every little thing on the car, you'll be fine. And besides, thats what insurance is for, protection against cases such as this one, and if one company raises your rates, doesnt mean another one will, or you cant find a better rate elsewhere. My uncle had geico for 8 years until they refused his renewal due to high amoutn of claims, he went to Allstate and got a cheaper rate than he was paying for Geico. So go figure.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
i'm hopinh that was sarcasm. i think we're all well passed using words like that and other slurs.
Well, this thread is not about slurs..........but since you brought it up I commented. Fags btw is a choice, like being an asshole, etc. I think he has the freedom to use any word he likes to describe the person that vandalised his car.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:46 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
you should file a claim. the insurance if it does go up, wouldn't go up by much. and claims only stay on for 3 years (in nj and pa at least), so if it's a $500 repair, that means they'd need to raise your rate by more than $14/mo, which i doubt they would do it that much.
okay, I will call the insurance and see what I can do!

i think he was pointing out that using the word "fag" was a bit uneccessary, actually just as bad as keying someone's car if there's a homosexual on the board, you have offended them. just a poor choice of words when you could have said some "asshole" or "prick" etc.
I wasnt trying to offend someone but I guess, I should have used the better words.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
Claiming insurance doesnt always raise the rated. When I had my scion tc, it was hit while parked. I filed a police report, reported it to insurance company. Adjuster came down, appraised it for $1700 worth of damage. Al lI paid was teh deductible. When it was time to renew insurance, my rates actually went down, so this claim had 0 impact on the rate. As long as you dont claim every little thing on the car, you'll be fine. And besides, thats what insurance is for, protection against cases such as this one, and if one company raises your rates, doesnt mean another one will, or you cant find a better rate elsewhere. My uncle had geico for 8 years until they refused his renewal due to high amoutn of claims, he went to Allstate and got a cheaper rate than he was paying for Geico. So go figure.
but, yours was hit and run but I dont know keyed can fall into same case?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:51 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by MadMac
not that i know of. i was just walking in the garage to my car and i noticed a banana yellow Porche boxer parked in a corner. The guy parked his porche so close to the corner no passenger would be able to get out. I assume he did this to keep the driver side clear from anyone else parking close to him.... the 2001 Maxima parked sooooooooo close to the driver side door as to block the car totally in. No way could the driver of the Porche get into the car. On the driver side of the Maxima there was at least 4 ft of space between the next car (Honda Accord). Come one now. The maxima driver did this to be an a-hole!!!!!
It happened to me once and I think that person was trying to piss me off.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:52 PM
mmmmmm....

where did it happen? if it was in a store parking lot, chances are they got it on camera. wal-marts and the such have cameras all over the place. not likely to catch the guy, but i would certainly file a report.
The problem is....I have a no idea when and where this happened!! I just found out yesterday, while I was washing my car.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
Well, this thread is not about slurs..........but since you brought it up I commented. Fags btw is a choice, like being an asshole, etc. I think he has the freedom to use any word he likes to describe the person that vandalised his car.
understood he was angry, but you wouldnt just spew out the n word for no reason would you? well fag is just as bad as that word in my opinion, and shouldn't be used.

i know he meant no harm by it, but people should watch what they say. that was my point. he has the freedom to choose any word he wants, whether he has the tact to not choose offensive words is a different story.

to the OP, no harm done, just pointing out you should be careful with words like that. hopefully your insurance will resolve this and you'll make out ok in the long run.