Today's police story

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's police story

I got a couple tickets today from a cop with a stick in his ass. im dirving down a main street, a little over speed limit and im coming up to an interesction. as i get close i see a white car pulling out infront of me and i start slowing down and chirp my horn. turns out its a cop car. so the guy pulled out without knowing if it was clear. i have 3 friends with my all chewing tobacco and under age. the cop comes up takes my license and my friends, comes back with a seatbelt ticket for my buddy and dangerous speed for (a cops eye telling that your speeding basically). then he asks why i didnt give him insurance and i say that he just turned his back while i was handing it to him. he looks at it and says its not valid. it seems that i didnt get an updated insurance slip mailed. so he goes back and writes me up a no insurance proof ticket. and he says get out so he can search the car. he smells all my friends spitoons, and looks in my cd case, and looks at my police detector that i just threw on the ground. he then tells everyone to gget back in and for me to talk to him. he says if i was going the speed limit then i wouldnt have came close to hitting him.
so i call up my company that insures the car and they fax me a letter and a new slip. im going to fight the driving charge becaue it was the cops poor driving and he wouldnt admit it. i am going into the constables office about the insurance one incase i can get it dropped within the week.
he says that if he didnt beleive that i have insurance then he would tow the car and charge me more.
Also, when he first came to the car he called me Mario. i wanted to say heres my license Luigi but he prolly woulda beat me like rodney king.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:29 PM
heywood j. ablowme

hmm.. what a major what-the-fuck moment. although i gotta say, you should keep your eyes open. i notice every single cop car, marked or not, that comes near me.

lol, i bet a lot of ppl on this forum will assume that you were indeed going unreasonably fast, driving recklessly, and not paying attention to the road (like all teens do, right? ) in your new TSX that your parents paid for, blah blah blah.

but i believe you. fight the tickets. chances are, you'll end up paying court fees up the ass. 100-150.

g'luck.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Instructor

i did something much more stupid one day (many years ago). i was on my way to work, crusing about 75 on the freeway, behind some guy sitting in the fast lane, refuses to get over. finally i say fuck it and gun it and pass him (80+mph). this is when the 'oh shit' factor kicks in. unmarked cop car. pretty soon i see the lights come on from behind his grill.... so my dumb ass gets pulled over. he gets out, plain clothes, etc. must have been a detective or something. takes my license, goes back to his car (i had no tickets so i think this is what saved my ass). he comes back tells me that was a stupid move (obviously i shake my head and agree) and he lets me leave.

usually i can pick out unmarked cars easily, but he had normal plates and the car had its lights hidden really well.

needless to say i'm much more aware now.

:thumbsdn:
Old 02-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

don't know it works in Canada, but here if the cop makes an eye judgement, the judge will side w/ him 100%. No judge is going to diss him fellow state worker by saying he didn't know what he was doing.

Good luck on the insurance thing though, that sounds like an easy one to fix just by getting the paperwork.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:29 PM
heywood j. ablowme

prolix - only uniformed officers can hand out tickets. if they're in plain clothing, only thing they can do is call in other cops.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by freeride149
prolix - only uniformed officers can hand out tickets. if they're in plain clothing, only thing they can do is call in other cops.
yeah, i had wondered about that back when it happened. luckily i got out of it with no hassel. still a stupid move on my part. i'm a little wiser now
Old 02-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

im taking it to court based on the fact that he almost made me crash because he didnt enter a safe intersection, i know the laws and he broke them. he was a young cop and for some reason cops always give me shit from the get go. with albertas new license, i have a graduated license and only about 5 demerits to start with. they got strict, fast. im not gonna let this doofus fill up half of my demerits with his mistake. i wrote out a report tongiht and gettin all my passengers to do the same.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should trade-in that unsafe, cop magnet TSX and get a 3-series.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Racer

well.. i think is not very hard to find out a unmarked police car.. they only use crown victoria and impala, maybe a jeep. You will see the flash lights behind the rear window. by the way fight the tickets.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Banned

here is the kind of cop we have to deal with here in LA:

"It was just past four on the afternoon of March 18th, 1997, when two men, one white, the other black, became embroiled in what appeared to be a traffic dispute. The white man, who drove a battered Buick Regal, wore a gray tank top that showed off his bulging biceps and a baseball cap that bore the insignia of a marijuana leaf. He sported a bushy Fu Manchu, and his long, silver-streaked hair was tied back in a ponytail. The black man, who drove a shiny green Mitsubishi Montero SUV, had a shaved head, and the breadth of his chest showed beneath a green Nike sweat shirt worn open nearly to the navel.

The Buick had just stopped at the intersection of Ventura and Lankershim boulevards when the Montero pulled up on its left and the black man began staring at the white man through his passenger window. The white man lowered his window and asked, "Can I help you?"

"No. Roll up that window, you punk motherfucker," the black man answered, "or I'll put a cap up your ass."

"Do you have a problem?" the white man asked.

"I'm your problem, motherfucker!" replied the black man. "Pull over right now and I'll kick your ass!" He punctuated his threat with a series of gestures that the white man recognized as gang signs, then pointed to the side of the road.

The white man nodded and said, "Let's go."

As soon as the Montero parked on the other side of the intersection, though, the Buick sped away. Screaming curses out his window, the enraged black man took off after the Buick, slaloming between cars, even veering into an oncoming lane at one point.

The Montero finally caught up when the Buick stopped for a red light at Regal Place. After the SUV pulled up next to the sedan, other motorists heard the black man's shouts and saw him extend his right arm toward the Buick. The white man, who had been shouting back, suddenly ducked his head and let his foot slip off the brake, causing the car to roll forward slightly. The Montero's windows were tinted, and witnesses weren't sure whether the black man had a gun, but the hand that came out of the Buick's window a moment later, when the white man sat up straight again, was filled with an automatic pistol.

The first bullet passed through the passenger-side door of the Montero and lodged in the black man's gym bag. The second shot struck the man just below his right armpit, punctured his heart and stopped in his left lung. Though only seconds from death, he managed to swing his Montero into the left lane and make a U-turn. A woman working in an office across the street looked up when she heard the gunshots and saw, through the SUV's open window, "the full face of this black man smiling and grinning, a sarcastic laugh-grin . . . holding the wheel with his left hand and pumping his right hand." The Montero coasted into the parking lot of an AM-PM minimart. The Buick pulled into the parking lot a moment later.

Behind the store were two California Highway Patrol officers who had just finished a coffee break when they heard gunshots. The CHP officers swung their patrol cars around the west side of the building just in time to see a white male pointing a handgun at a black male who was slumped forward in the front seat of a green SUV. The CHP officer in the lead slammed on his brakes, swung open his door and crouched behind the vehicle as he drew his sidearm and ordered the white male to drop his weapon. "I'm a police officer," the marijuana-leaf guy shouted back and pulled on the chain around his neck to lift the gold shield of an LAPD detective above his tank top. He was Frank Lyga, an undercover narcotics cop assigned to the Hollywood Area Field Enforcement Section. He had never seen the dead man before.

By the time detectives from the LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division arrived on the scene, they knew not only the dead man's identity but also that they were stepping into a minefield. The victim was Kevin Gaines, 31, a seven-year veteran of the LAPD, then assigned to patrol duty in the department's Pacific Division. He had been off-duty at the time of his death. "

link
Old 02-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro

Why are people so stupid?
Old 02-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally posted by Crazytree

"It was just past four on the afternoon of March 18th, 1997, when two men, one white, the other black, became embroiled in what appeared to be a traffic dispute. The white man, who drove a battered Buick Regal, wore a gray tank top that showed off his bulging biceps and a baseball cap that bore the insignia of a marijuana leaf. He sported a bushy Fu Manchu, and his long, silver-streaked hair was tied back in a ponytail. The black man, who drove a shiny green Mitsubishi Montero SUV, had a shaved head, and the breadth of his chest showed beneath a green Nike sweat shirt worn open nearly to the navel.

The Buick had just stopped at the intersection of Ventura and Lankershim boulevards when the Montero pulled up on its left and the black man began staring at the white man through his passenger window. The white man lowered his window and asked, "Can I help you?"

"No. Roll up that window, you punk motherfucker," the black man answered, "or I'll put a cap up your ass."

"I'm your problem, motherfucker!" replied the black man. "Pull over right now and I'll kick your ass!" He punctuated his threat with a series of gestures that the white man recognized as gang signs, then pointed to the side of the road.

As soon as the Montero parked on the other side of the intersection, though, the Buick sped away. Screaming curses out his window, the enraged black man took off after the Buick, slaloming between cars, even veering into an oncoming lane at one point.

The Montero finally caught up when the Buick stopped for a red light at Regal Place. After the SUV pulled up next to the sedan, other motorists heard the black man's shouts and saw him extend his right arm toward the Buick. The white man, who had been shouting back, suddenly ducked his head and let his foot slip off the brake, causing the car to roll forward slightly. The Montero's windows were tinted, and witnesses weren't sure whether the black man had a gun, but the hand that came out of the Buick's window a moment later, when the white man sat up straight again, was filled with an automatic pistol.

The first bullet passed through the passenger-side door of the Montero and lodged in the black man's gym bag. The second shot struck the man just below his right armpit, punctured his heart and stopped in his left lung. Though only seconds from death, he managed to swing his Montero into the left lane and make a U-turn. A woman working in an office across the street looked up when she heard the gunshots and saw, through the SUV's open window, "the full face of this black man smiling and grinning, a sarcastic laugh-grin . . . holding the wheel with his left hand and pumping his right hand." The Montero coasted into the parking lot of an AM-PM minimart. The Buick pulled into the parking lot a moment later.

Behind the store were two California Highway Patrol officers who had just finished a coffee break when they heard gunshots. The CHP officers swung their patrol cars around the west side of the building just in time to see a white male pointing a handgun at a black male who was slumped forward in the front seat of a green SUV. The CHP officer in the lead slammed on his brakes, swung open his door and crouched behind the vehicle as he drew his sidearm and ordered the white male to drop his weapon. "I'm a police officer," the marijuana-leaf guy shouted back and pulled on the chain around his neck to lift the gold shield of an LAPD detective above his tank top. He was Frank Lyga, an undercover narcotics cop assigned to the Hollywood Area Field Enforcement Section. He had never seen the dead man before.

By the time detectives from the LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division arrived on the scene, they knew not only the dead man's identity but also that they were stepping into a minefield. The victim was Kevin Gaines, 31, a seven-year veteran of the LAPD, then assigned to patrol duty in the department's Pacific Division. He had been off-duty at the time of his death. "

link
Ok...the dude in the Montero was pretty stupid. Pulling a gun on anyone, even if you don't know that they're a cop, could be a bad idea. What a moron. Even though it sucks that he died, I must say that it's kinda his own fault.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Fuck the cop!!!!!!!! Motherfucker!!!! I hate cop. It happened to me last week and I got 3 tickets for speed (35 of 25), no insurance, and registration. THe lady cop was really bitch! I have to go court tomorrow. That's suck!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Bound for Europe

A once friendly glance at a fellow motorist is now provacation for homicide.
When did we all get so hateful?

I know... the majority of the population are good law abiding citizens. I'm just shocked by just how little it takes a fellow man to decide to kill. Dying in traffic disputes. F**king sad.

Gangstaism sucks
Old 02-24-2004, 12:30 AM
04 remembrance

Yeah, some cops are too drunk on their own self-glory. I guess we just have to live with it.......
Old 02-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by GSGOMEZ
Fuck the cop!!!!!!!! Motherfucker!!!! I hate cop. It happened to me last week and I got 3 tickets for speed (35 of 25), no insurance, and registration. THe lady cop was really bitch! I have to go court tomorrow. That's suck!
You are way out of line posting something like that. Let this serve as a warning to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your tickets, but 35 in 25 is a legit ticket, and no insurance or registration can be dismissed. Cops are just doing their jobs, they don't deserve to die.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its really funny to me how people can complain about the ticket they got when, in fact, they deserved it. If you break the law and get cought then its nobody elses fault but yours. Don't blame lame cops, or the establishment, or your upbringing. You did it, take some responsibility for it. How many times have we heard "I got a #$^&#$% speeding ticket from a #$%^&^%$$ cop and I was only doing 95 in a 55 zone." Gimme a friggin break. If you can't do the time (or can't pay the fine) don't do the crime. And if you don't know you're committing a crime then you don't deserve a license anyway.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Instructor

people are just lazy and stupid. no one takes responsbility for their own actions anymore, they always try to pass the blame on to someone else or society in general.

its pretty pathetic. i've done some stupid shit in my life, but at least i own up to it and accept the consequences.

sadly it seems like all the kids today are taught that they can always scapegoat someone else for everything they do. parents are too busy or just don't give a shit about their kids and the schools aren't much better. this country is doomed. just imagine what it will be like when these stupid kids become adults, we're going to have a country run by retards (yeah, it can get even worse than bush). god help us all when that happens.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Today's police story

Originally posted by TSX Cman
Also, when he first came to the car he called me Mario. i wanted to say heres my license Luigi but he prolly woulda beat me like rodney king.
Why the hell did he call you Mario? Do you look/are Italian?

I have to agree with jlukja here. We have to take responsibility for our actions. I was pulled over in October for rolling a stop. Was it the cops fault that I rolled the stop? Was it hios fault that he was told to go there and setup to watch for people rolling stops? No. I realized that admitted my mistake, was courteous to the cop and he in turm asked that I take it to court so he could lessen fine and remove points.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by prolix21
people are just lazy and stupid. no one takes responsbility for their own actions anymore, they always try to pass the blame on to someone else or society in general.

its pretty pathetic. i've done some stupid shit in my life, but at least i own up to it and accept the consequences.

sadly it seems like all the kids today are taught that they can always scapegoat someone else for everything they do. parents are too busy or just don't give a shit about their kids and the schools aren't much better. this country is doomed. just imagine what it will be like when these stupid kids become adults, we're going to have a country run by retards (yeah, it can get even worse than bush). god help us all when that happens.
Yeah! It's because these kids are spoiled and drive TSXs.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jason
Yeah! It's beause these kids are spoiled and drive TSXs.
yeah, you're not too far off there. i had to earn everything i have, i seriously doubt many of these kids really worked for what they have.

geez. now i'm sounding like my parents.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:07 AM
10th Gear

Re: Re: Today's police story

[QUOTE]Originally posted by domn
[B]Why the hell did he call you Mario? Do you look/are Italian?

I'm sure he meant Mario "Andretti". Unless the first poster is a knockoff of the old 'Cheetos' guy (80's commercial).
Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 AM
6MT Snob

You are way out of line posting something like that. Let this serve as a warning to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your tickets, but 35 in 25 is a legit ticket, and no insurance or registration can be dismissed. Cops are just doing their jobs, they don't deserve to die.
At least he could have expressed his anger in english.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Today's police story

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Substance
[B]
Originally posted by domn
Why the hell did he call you Mario? Do you look/are Italian?

I'm sure he meant Mario "Andretti". Unless the first poster is a knockoff of the old 'Cheetos' guy (80's commercial).

Oh, that Mario.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by jlukja
Its really funny to me how people can complain about the ticket they got when, in fact, they deserved it. If you break the law and get cought then its nobody elses fault but yours. Don't blame lame cops, or the establishment, or your upbringing. You did it, take some responsibility for it. How many times have we heard "I got a #$^&#$% speeding ticket from a #$%^&^%$$ cop and I was only doing 95 in a 55 zone." Gimme a friggin break. If you can't do the time (or can't pay the fine) don't do the crime. And if you don't know you're committing a crime then you don't deserve a license anyway.
You know, you're absolutely right. I often hear about people who do something completely stupid, get a ticket for it, then blame the cop. Seems kinda stupid to me. What really bothers me is when someone does something stupid to you in traffic, you honk at them, and they get all mad like they didn't do anything wrong.

Originally posted by prolix21
I think this is only part of the problem. The other part of the problem is that most driver's education courses these days are a complete joke. For instance, I was driving down the road one day, following behind a student driver (the big ol' sign on top really gives it away) and an ambulance comes blasting up the street in the opposite direction. I pull over as soon as I see it, but the student driver just kept going, completely ignoring the ambulance.

Yeah! It's because these kids are spoiled and drive TSXs.
I agree, to an extent. I don't think that any kid should get a brand new car, especially one as nice as a TSX, as a first car. They don't learn to appreciate it as much. However, if some kid should happen to have enough money, which he made himself by working summer jobs or what not, who are we to say he has no right to treat himself to a nice car. The problem is with kids like that guy Spence in one of the other threads who goes around flaunting his parents money. That's just stupid.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:44 PM
heywood j. ablowme

in some cities, they use cars other than impalas and crown vics. in my area, i've seen explorer sport tracs, intrepids, Rams, um... and in CO they used to have saabs. i hear they're using WRX in some areas. oh yeah of course, the infamous ZO6 in my city.. which is infuriating, because the cops in my city only cover 2, 3 miles of freeway.

i was talking to a retired cop, who tells me he absolutely hates some of the cops he worked with, because while on duty, they bust drunk drivers, and after work, they'd get hammered and drive home. as much as i respect the need for cops, i hate cops who are hypocrites.

edit: haha almost forgot to mention - in west bloomfield, they have Chevy Venture (minivan) as a police car. it's hilarious. i'll snap a pic when i get a chance. you almost wanna break a law in front of it just to see if anything happens.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:50 PM
heywood j. ablowme

you know, in some cases, the parents don't allow their kids to work. they want them focus on their studies. and chores around the house, because the parents maybe too busy to take care of everything around the house. and as a reward, they get nice things, because the parents can afford it. sure they're lucky, but don't tell me they don't deserve it.

sorry for going ot.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Baka Unco

in some cities, they use cars other than impalas and crown vics. in my area, i've seen explorer sport tracs, intrepids, Rams, um... and in CO they used to have saabs. i hear they're using WRX in some areas. oh yeah of course, the infamous ZO6 in my city.. which is infuriating, because the cops in my city only cover 2, 3 miles of freeway.

i was talking to a retired cop, who tells me he absolutely hates some of the cops he worked with, because while on duty, they bust drunk drivers, and after work, they'd get hammered and drive home. as much as i respect the need for cops, i hate cops who are hypocrites.
We have the Explorers, Trans Ams (or similar) and from what I've heard Washington State has a Volvo Wagon.

Cop friend of mine also says that there are a$$hole cops that he knows too. But hey, cops are still people, and some people are a$$holes, that's just the way it is.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Instructor

link
UNFORTUNATELY, I have to agree with Crazytree's reasoning here. Too bad he had to die, but he should have never ran his mouth. What was the outcome of this case? Someone shouldn't be shot for running their mouth. BUT, said person shouldn't be threatening others either. Interesting.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Banned

PLEASE NOTE that the cop who got killed didn't get shot for running his mouth... he got shot for pulling out a gun like a dumbass. Unfortunately the person he was trying to dominate was a veteran officer who shot him down like a stray dog.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Team Owner

you know, in some cases, the parents don't allow their kids to work. they want them focus on their studies. and chores around the house, because the parents maybe too busy to take care of everything around the house. and as a reward, they get nice things, because the parents can afford it. sure they're lucky, but don't tell me they don't deserve it.

sorry for going ot.
I understand your point and I know what that's like since many of my friends in high school were like that. However, I don't feel that parents should be spending $30,000 or nearly that much on a brand new car. I would have no problem with the parents buying their kids a $15,000 three or four year-old used car, even if it is a nicer car, but I think a brand NEW $30,000 entry level sport sedan should be something people aspire should aspire to own on their own, not receive as a gift for being good students. Think of it this way, that $30,000 is almost enough for a full year of college tuition.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:12 PM
The Voice of Reason

BMW, South Carolina State Police.....

Volvo, California Highway Patrol (most did not have roof-mounted light bars....)

Careful!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Burning Brakes

well i hope most of these new posts are to cop stories of there own and not just talking down my story. I am going to fight some tickets because i dont like just sitting back and letting it affect my life (ex. losing my ffew demerits). i know theres a law taht says you are not the victim if you enter an unsafe intersection. such as if you are hit by a guy running a red light, you are at fault for entering without making sure it is clear and safe. i know there can be arguements for this, such as someone taking the red light runner to court and fighting for money or sentances. so the cop pulled out blindly, almost got t-boned, i was going a normal speed and had to slow down, and honk. once i honked he stepped on the gas and got out of the way. then chased me down and here is where my orignal story is. i think that sometimes cops forget they are humans too and focus on their own authority.
the reason i have an acura tsx while im almost 17 doesnt sound bad to me. i knew that i would get a car for my birthday like my 2 older brothers did. parents were diciding on a car for me and had their criteray set, and i told them to use the money they would offer to help me pay for a car later.
i bought a junkie old cav for dirt cheap, took it into mechaincs class in highschool and discussed all the things that could be done to fix it with my teacher. so for a whole semester i went to pick a part junk yards, and auto accessory shops and worked on the car. once finsihed, i sold the car for 8 times the amount i bought it and the new parts. i then put alot of the money id ever saved into the cash pot, got my parents in and picked up a TSX.
may sound unfair that i can have an expensive car, but i have no problem and do have pride to own my TSX.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Burning Brakes

note for my above post:
none of my enters to break the paragraphs up appeared in the post. try to pick them apart in relation to my first post.
thanks, Cman
Old 02-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Racer

PLEASE NOTE that the cop who got killed didn't get shot for running his mouth... he got shot for pulling out a gun like a dumbass. Unfortunately the person he was trying to dominate was a veteran officer who shot him down like a stray dog.
That's a tragic story, Cops make mistakes like the rest of us I guess. Unfortunately, the stakes are raised quite a bit when you're sporting a gun. I sometimes wonder if after working in these intense high crime areas that after a while they become more like gang members than protectors of the community. I forget the term for it. Very sad though.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by duugk
That's a tragic story, Cops make mistakes like the rest of us I guess. Unfortunately, the stakes are raised quite a bit when you're sporting a gun. I sometimes wonder if after working in these intense high crime areas that after a while they become more like gang members than protectors of the community. I forget the term for it. Very sad though.
Kind of like "Training Day"
Old 02-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by duugk
no... I think this guy was a gang member before he was hired.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Team Owner

Not all cops are perfect, they are human after all. My earlier post was more directed at idiots who break the law and then blame everyone but themselves for getting caught. Cman, if you really feel that it was the cop who was at fault and not your speed then, by all means, fight it in court and more power to you if you win.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by jlukja
If you can't do the time (or can't pay the fine) don't do the crime. And if you don't know you're committing a crime then you don't deserve a license anyway.
Driving is A RIGHT not a privelege. If it was a privelege, about 90% of the cars on the road would dissappear
Old 03-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by illinimatt81
Driving is A RIGHT not a privelege. If it was a privelege, about 90% of the cars on the road would dissappear
Driving is a privilege, not a right. A right is conferred by the constitution or by statute. There is no such constitutional or statutory right stating that you have the RIGHT to drive. In fact cars are so heavily regulated that they have found that you have virtually no right to privacy in your automobile and it is therefore subject to search with reasonable suspicion... a so called Long search for weapons or contraband. The only right to privacy in your car is really in a locked trunk or locked glove compartment. Under Acevedo they can only search there if they have probable cause to do so.

Quick Reply: Today's police story