TL owner just joined TSX Crew

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL owner just joined TSX Crew

Bought an 07 TSX w/navi as the new dd and got rid of the 07 Si.:bigthumb: I'd take better pics but its pouring and the garage is dark even with the lights on.

Got a sweet deal on it too, it was the last 07 on the lot since the 08's are all coming in and the 07 TSX looks better next to my 06 TL than the Si did.:hsd:

So far im loving her, build quality is a tad bit better than the TL, ride is more composed and it definitely feels like it handles better than the TL.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Why'd you dump the Si?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Congrats and welcome! Why'd you dump the Si?

its a fun car but not my style any longer, didnt feel right getting in the Si and then the TL or vice versa the TSX and TL are on a more level playing field. Dont know if that makes any sense.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by IIIII
its a fun car but not my style any longer, didnt feel right getting in the Si and then the TL or vice versa the TSX and TL are on a more level playing field. Dont know if that makes any sense.
I see. Makes sense. Too bad you didn't figure it out before you bought it, though.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

I know exactly what you're talking about. After driving the TSX I wish our Civic had a more substantial feel to it. It feel like an under powered go-cart. The Integra falls somewhere in between, but still structuraly dubious. I've never driven one of those tiny BMWs or Mercedes but I wonder if they have a heavier feel. If so, I'd be interested.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Pro

how long did you have the Si? Did you take a big hit on the resell?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
How's the power comparison without the Si and the TSX? Would love a review comparison of the two cars.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not tryin to thread jack but I also got rid of my '07 Si. I bought it with 3.5 miles on it and traded it for my s2k.
The Si was fun and actually a lot more room in it then it looks. It was comfy, quick and handled amazing for a stock honda. Took it on a couple snowboarding trips and 4 hour trips were comfy. Oh man, The Si seats are the sh*t!
The power delivery sucked. No torque and no power until vtec. Took a bit to get into vtec but once you were in it, the car would def. surprise you.
I ran a couple rsx type s and we were pretty much dead even. It was a drivers race. Glad to say i never lost to one. The gear box was perfect for keeping the car in car. Suspension was solid, no tmuch body roll and even in tight corners you couldn't feel the weight plus that lsd worked amazing!!
Got rid of it because i started having A LOT of problems. Air bag lights were flashing, springs coming out of the seats, suspension knocks, radio and cd player stopped working and some other stuff all within 3 months. Traded that for the s2k. anyways, sorry for jacking this thread but compared to the TSX, it's a whole other ball game. Tsx doesn't feel as quick but i've hung with rsx's before so i guess it's as quick. Handling, I wouldn't even try to chase down an si with a good driver. Now, obviously luxury, TSX hands down. Style, TSX. Not having everybody try to race you-TSX.
not having cops watch you as soon as they see you-TSX
I love the TSX compared to the Si but TSX to the S2k, S2k all the way!! but not for long trips ha!!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5 min edit thing; meant to say that the gear box is perfect to keep the car in the sweet spot. Except for the whole 3rd gear being a pain in the butt.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
how long did you have the Si? Did you take a big hit on the resell?

had the Si since March and I actually still own the Si, my fiance's lil brother is taking over the payments on it but it will be in my name still. He has bad credit and a not so good work history so its difficult for him to get financed for anything. If he starts missing payments then i wont hesitate to sell it myself and he can start walking to where ever he needs to go to.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
How's the power comparison without the Si and the TSX? Would love a review comparison of the two cars.

Its difficult to compare performance as of now, the Si was a 6 speed manual and the TSX is an Auto, plus i've only had the TSX since saturday, i've put maybe 100 miles on it so far. Maybe in a few more weeks when i put more miles on the TSX i will start to stomp the gas pedal and see how she opens up.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Advanced

Youre bro in law is a lucky man. Just make sure he keeps full coverage- it would suck for the insurance co to weasel out of claim because hes the driver. And Im sure he doesnt drive it easy either so beware. Also, make sure he makes the payments monthly- actually check every month with the lender. Im sure you thought of all this though, just had to mention it.