Thoughts after the Philly Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts after the Philly Auto Show

So I dragged my fiance to the Philadelphia International Auto Show today (don't know what's international about it). I went in fully expecting to emerge having wished I test drove this or considered that, but I have to say that I'm all the more impressed with the TSX at the end of the day. Of course, I didn't get to drive any of the cars around the convention center, but I gathered a lot of impressions on their interior and exterior design/quality.

I should also say that Acura and Honda had two of the least impressive presentations there. Acura did have an NSX on display, but it was the current model. The spokeswoman there with the mike spoke about the HSC and it's specs, but they didn't have one on hand

Impressions were made on me by...

Audi A6- a beautiful car with a great interior
VW Toureg - see above, plus we could afford it as a v6 awd(thought they were much more)
Cadillac SRX - surprised by this one, roomy enough, nice interior with relatively few signs of GMness (except some buttons)
Infiniti G35 - all the talk about the shoddy interior scared me away from considering it, but I didn't think it was that bad and I like the exterior look
Saab 9-3 - that crazy over-buttoned interior is functional, if not attractive
Volvo S40 - interior not great but ok, exterior very good looking IMO
2005 Subaru Legacy - couldn't access it, but good looking and AWD
Chevy SS - muscle car concept

I was shocked to find that I didn't like the Audi A4. I think it's one of the best looking cars on the road, but I felt really tight in it. I like the TSX's interior (and our Passat, for that matter) much better.

I posted many of the pictures I took at the below link.

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/jcg878/
Old 02-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Bound for Europe

Nice catalogue of pics, jcg.

No TSX?

S4 Cab looked cool. Mine would be black

New Subbie Legacy looked cool as well.

I like the new 9-3 headlights...very familiar.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by Soze75
No TSX?
ha ha - yeah that does seem an obvious omission. BUT, they were all stock and no new colors, so I didn't take any pictures of them. There was a Carbon Gray there that I could have posted to tease you, Prez The picture of a wheel is on a TSX - that's as TSXy as the pics get.

Hmm, those pictures need captions, methinks.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:18 PM
bleh...

Nice pictures, mang.

No TSX A-Spec either?

I will be heading to the Chicago Auto Show this weekend, hopefully, both the TL and TSX A-Specs will be there!

Old 02-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by Agent_Chen
Nice pictures, mang.

No TSX A-Spec either?

I will be heading to the Chicago Auto Show this weekend, hopefully, both the TL and TSX A-Specs will be there!

Yeah, Acura really didn't have an impressive display - I was hoping to see that. The show in general really didn't knock my socks off, but there were some cool concept cars and lots of new models (especially from the domestics). It was cool to check out some of the TSXs competitors that I had wished (since being on here) I had looked at before.

Now I'm hoping against logic that the Toureg will have a fantastic reliability profile for the next 5 or 6 years at least The A6 too