thought's on the 07' G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thought's on the 07' G35

Automobile - 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe Concept

Is it just me or does the TSX look really outdated now with respect to HP? I am still considering the purchase of a TSX but with the 300+hp 07 G35 on the way with what looks like a half decent interior, 205hp is not looking so attractive any more. I was never attracted to the G in the past. Mainly due to the poor interior looks. Now, im reconsidering my options.

The TSX has everything I want and need. It's less expensive, sips gas and it seems to be just the right size. I've taken two test drives and have been nothing but impressed with the car.

It just seems that with the huge HP figures coming from different manufactures, the TSX as a "sports sedan" is becoming a TSX "sedan"

I have not seen anything official on the '07 MMC for the TL yet. I just have a tough time believing that +HP is a good idea at this point for the TL. Also, the TL always gives me the impression that it's something my father should be driving. (i'm 37 btw )

Waiting for the '08 redesign for the TSX gives me hope but I'm not sure I'll be able to hold off on purchasing that long.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Cruisin'

Wrong link. Sorry guys:

Car and Driver - G35 NY Auto Show
Old 04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have been following the NY car show pretty closely and also disappointed at all the new features and engine power coming out of new 2007 model cars. I mean the Camry is going to have 268HP and even the Altima is going to be at 255HP. Soon, a Hyundai or Kia will have more hp than the TSX. And the new exterior styling of the new cars are very sporty and sexy; although TSX still has a better interior (go Honda/Acura!!). I know HP is not everything, but it sucks to be looked down by the new Camry/Altima.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Pro

Oh yea...forgot to add that Accord and Mazda6 also have more HP...Can someone make me feel better by naming a sedan/coupe that's between $25k to $32k that's SLOWER than the TSX?????
Old 04-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Race Director

Hey Dom, the next gen G35 coupe or sedan is my next car! Adios TSX!
Old 04-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
I have been following the NY car show pretty closely and also disappointed at all the new features and engine power coming out of new 2007 model cars. I mean the Camry is going to have 268HP and even the Altima is going to be at 255HP. Soon, a Hyundai or Kia will have more hp than the TSX. And the new exterior styling of the new cars are very sporty and sexy; although TSX still has a better interior (go Honda/Acura!!). I know HP is not everything, but it sucks to be looked down by the new Camry/Altima.
For one thing those are new SAE ratings, so be even more disappointed .
The TSX and G35 have all different goals, the G35 VQ35... is a work of art you can almost get power at your command. The two companies aim differently, also remember that the TSX is FWD, so too much power is bad. Honda aims to make the car closest to driving perfection, it wants balance not just power. The g35 is a sexy car, infiniti seems to be making it resemble the M series cars they have.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:47 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Hey Dom, the G35 coupe or sedan is my next car! Possibly adios TSX!

Meh to the sedan styling. The powertrain sounds great though.

And I'll let this stay open considering this should really be in Car Talk/Auto News where its already being discussed.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
Old Camry had 225 or 210 SAE. The altima was already 250. And the Sonata already has 235. Its not like its a big surprise the TSX is underpowered in that company.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:51 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The G35 and TSX compete in no way
Old 04-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dom
Old Camry had 225 or 210 SAE. The altima was already 250. And the Sonata already has 235. Its not like its a big surprise the TSX is underpowered in that company.
You just made me feel even worst.....I never even looked at the old Camry or Altima cuz I thought they were slow, old people cars. But I am sure the TSX is still as fast as the old Camry/Altima due to weight....right right?????
Old 04-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
The G35 and TSX compete in no way
Granted, the TL is a better comparison but exactly what can we now compare the TSX to? You pretty much summed up the main point of the post. If the TSX can no longer compare to the current crop of "Sport Sedans" out there, what do we compare it to?

"A smaller nicer Accord for the discriminating buyer?"

I really had my heart set on a TSX. It just doesn't seem to have the stats to justify it's status as a Sports Sedan any more. Please, convince me I'm wrong!

Put the 2.3L from the RDX, add a couple of thousand to the MSRP and I would be headed to the dealer right now. Without it, there are very few in the category that don't outperform the TSX and that makes it a difficult to justify purchase for me.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:17 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
the TSX is underpowered?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Instructor

You really have to ask yourself "what am I going to be doing with this car?"

If you are going to race it and drive really really fast everywhere you go, or you want to brag to people about how much horsepower you have, don't look at the TSX. Go get something else. I mean with gas prices on the rise the big horsepower leadfoots are going to feel the burn eventually.

Most people buy the TSX because it is a great mix of many different things. The fastest car, no... but real peppy, especially for a 4cyl in this size car that gets 31mpg on the highway. Classic styling, incredible and unexpected handling, lots of amenities inside, and proven reliability. All for a very reasonable price when compared to these other cars people are pitting against the TSX.

I could care less if some guy in an G35 (which I actually love, or any car for that matter) thinks they have a better car because they can waste me at a red light or blow by me on the highway. Seriously, I love horsepower as much as the next guy, but when does the average public really use it? Getting on the highway, passing, or pulling out into traffic once and a while? Great! I think the TSX has plenty of power for what I use it for.

Of course, I am into the handling more than I am into the raw power or speed. I love being able to carve up a turn faster than I used to in my accord. It makes me feel good...lol Someday Acura will turn things up a bit (when they pop a v6 in or get rid of DBW and turbo it) but until then, I am diggin my TSX as is.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:22 PM
about::blank

First off, referring to the original post. You cannot compare the G35 to the TSX. Secondly, as I have said in previous posts, I would rather have the Accord V6 EX than a TSX. Third, that G35 coupe concept is hot as fuck, seriously. Nissan struck gold with that design, my next car will be that G35C, fuck the sedan.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:30 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Hey what do you expect it came out back in 2002 in Europe...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:43 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by star_rob
Granted, the TL is a better comparison but exactly what can we now compare the TSX to? You pretty much summed up the main point of the post. If the TSX can no longer compare to the current crop of "Sport Sedans" out there, what do we compare it to?

"A smaller nicer Accord for the discriminating buyer?"

I really had my heart set on a TSX. It just doesn't seem to have the stats to justify it's status as a Sports Sedan any more. Please, convince me I'm wrong!

Put the 2.3L from the RDX, add a couple of thousand to the MSRP and I would be headed to the dealer right now. Without it, there are very few in the category that don't outperform the TSX and that makes it a difficult to justify purchase for me.
A4, 325, C-class, S40
Old 04-12-2006, 04:43 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Newplay1
Hey what do you expect it came out back in 2002 in Europe...
well, a hp bump is not impossible
Old 04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Undercover Slacker

im for more hp and everything, but gas at $3.00/gallon... 19-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway (2006 G35) is not my friend.

i sacrificed power for better gas mileage...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:18 PM
No-navi, yo

Originally Posted by dalieu
im for more hp and everything, but gas at $3.00/gallon... 19-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway (2006 G35) is not my friend.

i sacrificed power for better gas mileage...
More horsepower = lower MPG.
Cost of gasolin will only continue to increase as there is no new supply and the global demand is increasing exponentially.
And I am happy that I get close to 30 MPG in my TSX.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Instructor

yeah, the TSX has it all except horsepower i wish they could put a V6 in there and i'd be happy

i currently have an 04 accord 4cyl and i want to upgrade to something exactly like it but more powerful, and the TSX accomplishes it all. for some reason lately i've noticed that my engine revs smoothly and i love it, i can only imagine what 40 extra hp and the other tsx goodies will bring if i choose it.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:36 PM
VSA Rocks

I don't think TSX's DIRECT competitors exactly blow it the doors off:

Audi A4 2.0T 200hp / 207 Tq
BMW 325i 215 hp / 185 Tq
Mercedes-Benz C280 228 hp / 221 tq

ALL of those cars cost significantly more than the TSX. Acceleration-wise, I believe the MB is even slower when compared with our 6MT.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black_6spd

BMW 325i 215 hp / 185 Tq

ALL of those cars cost significantly more than the TSX. Acceleration-wise, I believe the MB is even slower when compared with our 6MT.

Exactly, and every one of them will break down long before the TSX will
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by jackacc
You really have to ask yourself "what am I going to be doing with this car?"

If you are going to race it and drive really really fast everywhere you go, or you want to brag to people about how much horsepower you have, don't look at the TSX. Go get something else. I mean with gas prices on the rise the big horsepower leadfoots are going to feel the burn eventually.

Most people buy the TSX because it is a great mix of many different things. The fastest car, no... but real peppy, especially for a 4cyl in this size car that gets 31mpg on the highway. Classic styling, incredible and unexpected handling, lots of amenities inside, and proven reliability. All for a very reasonable price when compared to these other cars people are pitting against the TSX.

I could care less if some guy in an G35 (which I actually love, or any car for that matter) thinks they have a better car because they can waste me at a red light or blow by me on the highway. Seriously, I love horsepower as much as the next guy, but when does the average public really use it? Getting on the highway, passing, or pulling out into traffic once and a while? Great! I think the TSX has plenty of power for what I use it for.

Of course, I am into the handling more than I am into the raw power or speed. I love being able to carve up a turn faster than I used to in my accord. It makes me feel good...lol Someday Acura will turn things up a bit (when they pop a v6 in or get rid of DBW and turbo it) but until then, I am diggin my TSX as is.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:05 PM
VSA Rocks

Automobile - 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe Concept

Is it just me or does the TSX look really outdated now with respect to HP? I am still considering the purchase of a TSX but with the 300+hp 07 G35 on the way with what looks like a half decent interior, 205hp is not looking so attractive any more. I was never attracted to the G in the past. Mainly due to the poor interior looks. Now, im reconsidering my options.

The TSX has everything I want and need. It's less expensive, sips gas and it seems to be just the right size. I've taken two test drives and have been nothing but impressed with the car.

It just seems that with the huge HP figures coming from different manufactures, the TSX as a "sports sedan" is becoming a TSX "sedan"

I have not seen anything official on the '07 MMC for the TL yet. I just have a tough time believing that +HP is a good idea at this point for the TL. Also, the TL always gives me the impression that it's something my father should be driving. (i'm 37 btw )

Waiting for the '08 redesign for the TSX gives me hope but I'm not sure I'll be able to hold off on purchasing that long.
I seriously doubt the new G35 will be priced anywhere near $27k. A more valid comparison would be with our more similar-priced cars in the TL and RL.

Additionally, I don't know what the fixation on HP is with everyone these days. I'm into bodybuilding and it's really overused as "how much do you bench?" HP is in no way the panacea of all car decisions. If it is, do yourself a favor and buy a Camaro SS. The LS1 is the best bang-for-the-buck for going fast in a straight line. Unfortunately, that's all the POS could do.

For those who brought up the Camry, Kia, and Hyundai having better performance numbers, I'd take my TSX on the track against those any day. What's so sporty about driving a soft suspensioned, boat?
Old 04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro

I don't think the OP is really trying to compare a G35 and a TSX. I *THINK* his point is that the TSX is really slow and underpowered compared to other sedans on the market...especially sedans that are not even suppose to be sporty. I guess we all know this weakness already and it just haunts us once in awhile....
Old 04-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Black_6spd

BMW 325i 215 hp / 185 Tq

Compelling reasons to keep thinking about the TSX. I have driven two of the three on the list above and favor the TSX over all of them when comparing overall cost of ownership/price/features. Maybe another round ( i must have went through these 5x each already) of reading all of the glowing reviews on the '06 TSX will get me to put that deposit down.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by tracerit
yeah, the TSX has it all except horsepower i wish they could put a V6 in there and i'd be happy

i currently have an 04 accord 4cyl and i want to upgrade to something exactly like it but more powerful, and the TSX accomplishes it all. for some reason lately i've noticed that my engine revs smoothly and i love it, i can only imagine what 40 extra hp and the other tsx goodies will bring if i choose it.

It is called a TL.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Hey Dom, the next gen G35 coupe or sedan is my next car! Adios TSX!
my next car is m3 .....adios g35 coupe
Old 04-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TallyCL-S
It is called a TL.
I've looked at the TL, it just doesn't look as nice as the TSX though. I've heard issues with rattles and torque steer with the TL which also drew me away from it. THe TSX will be an excellent choice since it won't cost so much, and it will keep me happy for the next five years (when I anticipate a significant salary upgrade )
Old 04-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I like it much better than last years. Its one of the cars my brother is considering picking up
Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I totally understand that TSX @ stock level is underpowered! Nothing a Comptech Icebox, header, and Supercharger cant fix no?

Thoughts? I still dont find anything that is unique as the TSX styling interior and exterior.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:05 AM

I've looked at the TL, it just doesn't look as nice as the TSX though. I've heard issues with rattles and torque steer with the TL which also drew me away from it. THe TSX will be an excellent choice since it won't cost so much, and it will keep me happy for the next five years (when I anticipate a significant salary upgrade )

I never understood this, the TSX and TL look really similar. The groove along the sides of the TL as well as the rear lights and the side mirror light markers are the only huge differences in the body at a quick glance. Of course the TL looks far more aggressive than the feminine TSX. I guess it is a matter of personal opinion though.
You should drive the TL and not listen to what you have "heard". I have driven the TSX and the TL. The TSX is a cute car, that handles well, the XM was cool and the engine seems peppy. I noticed that no matter how hard I pushed the little bitch that she never went anywhere though, it was annoying actually. I think that the TSX would be a great value if it was closer to 24-25K. Torque steer is kind of exaggerated in the TL. Rattles can be found anywhere, just turn the radio up.

The Accord is the shit, go test drive the EX V6.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Burning Brakes

I test drove a G35 coupe before buying the TSX, so, at least to some extent, the two cars can indeed be compared.

I agree with the post above that asks how fast do you really need to go?

The other day, I stepped on the gas, did a quick shift to 2nd, and really took off fast into and onramp. I thought, more power really wouldn't do me a bit of good (and might actually get me into trouble, heh). Oh, I know, you can always use more power, but unless you plan to drag race from a complete stop, you probably don't NEEEED more power. The car drives well as-is.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
More info on the new G35.
CLICK ME!!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by levon1830
More info on the new G35.
CLICK ME!!
Great link!

I hope Acura releases the next gen TL and TSX sooner rather than later
Old 04-13-2006, 08:20 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ why? it looks like from all your posts you already made up your mind.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:29 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by vidgamer
I test drove a G35 coupe before buying the TSX, so, at least to some extent, the two cars can indeed be compared.

I agree with the post above that asks how fast do you really need to go?

The other day, I stepped on the gas, did a quick shift to 2nd, and really took off fast into and onramp. I thought, more power really wouldn't do me a bit of good (and might actually get me into trouble, heh). Oh, I know, you can always use more power, but unless you plan to drag race from a complete stop, you probably don't NEEEED more power. The car drives well as-is.

Absolutely. But I don't think I'd want to go slower than a TSX. I currently have a 2L 155HP Acura CSX loaner and I notice a significant difference in the power dept. Especially passing on the highway.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:57 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Sportiness ain't all about horsepower.

The Porsche Cayman S makes less power than a WRX STi. Which one is sportier?

The TSX has a worse power-to-weight ratio than a Saab 9-5 wagon. Which one is sportier?

The new G35 coupe, just like the old G35 coupe, will be faster than the TSX. It'll also have a crappier interior, worse gas mileage, a harsher ride (probably without significantly better handling), and, oh yeah, cost an extra $10-15k.

Why does this thread get repeated every ten seconds here? Just buy another car and get the fuck off our forums, people.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:59 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

I've looked at the TL, it just doesn't look as nice as the TSX though. I've heard issues with rattles and torque steer with the TL which also drew me away from it.
A TSX with a V6 would also have torque steer
Old 04-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jpt
A TSX with a V6 would also have torque steer

Not necessarily, there is very little torque steer if any in the j30 accord. I like everything about the tsx, but the power, and it was more apparent after I drove a loaner TL for a week.

btw...Im really liking the new 07 g35, and it may be my next car. Hopefully, honda can change my mind by offering a more potent TSX or TL.

Quick Reply: thought's on the 07' G35