Thinking about a TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:34 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about a TSX

Hey guys, i've been thinking about getting a tsx for the past month now. I've got an 04 rsx type-s, which i love. I think its a great car, real fun to drive, no complaints except for the 2nd to 3rd gear grind. I'm going to begin working where i'm probably going to have to ship clients around to different places so i've been looking at the tsx. I've read up alot of this forum in the past week and the tsx sounds like a great car. I think if i were to trade up to a tsx, i'd do a 6 speed with nav. I'm just concerned about losing a fun car in the rsx. How would you guys rate the driving experience you guys have with the tsx.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Love This Car!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
jmf
Need for Speed

Originally Posted by Azn TSX
Hey guys, i've been thinking about getting a tsx for the past month now. I've got an 04 rsx type-s, which i love. I think its a great car, real fun to drive, no complaints except for the 2nd to 3rd gear grind. I'm going to begin working where i'm probably going to have to ship clients around to different places so i've been looking at the tsx. I've read up alot of this forum in the past week and the tsx sounds like a great car. I think if i were to trade up to a tsx, i'd do a 6 speed with nav. I'm just concerned about losing a fun car in the rsx. How would you guys rate the driving experience you guys have with the tsx.
Depends on what you value in a car. It sounds like the TSX 6MT might be just what you need. You will be hard-pressed to find another sedan for the money with as much luxury, performance, and reliability. In the quarter mile you will beat the TSX by about a second in your S, but it is louder, smaller, and less luxurious. Are you trading in your car or selling it outright? If you trade you will probably lose your ass.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
6th Gear

jmf, you think i would lose that much in a trade? I know if I get a tsx i'll lose a little bit of sportiness in the car when compared to the rsx-s but I still want some sportiness in a car. So if the tsx can offer me that on top of good reliability and luxury then I think I've found the perfect car.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Banned

just get it heheh you already got the screenname down
Old 07-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Pro

all I can say is go test drive it and then come back and ask any questions about the TSX. that's if you would still have any.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

jmf, you think i would lose that much in a trade? I know if I get a tsx i'll lose a little bit of sportiness in the car when compared to the rsx-s but I still want some sportiness in a car. So if the tsx can offer me that on top of good reliability and luxury then I think I've found the perfect car.
You got the answer already!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:22 PM
jmf
Need for Speed

You will lose a bunch in the way of money. I don't know what you owe on your car, but what the dealer will give you on a trade is a lot less than you could get if you sell it outright. Look at what you paid give or take two years ago, look at what your payoff is now, and look at what the trade value is vs. private sale vs. dealer retail. I have been offered by dealers anywhere from $19,400 to 23K for my TSX and it is an '04 with 15K miles (SSM 6MT non-nav). That is losing your ass on a trade when you bought the car for $27K. My guess is you would be in a similiar situation with the RSX to TSX swap. How much do you owe and would you consider a trade?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:31 AM
6th Gear

I would consider a trade in if they give me the kbb value for my rsx-s. Car is paid off already so i'm golden there.

So all you guys love your cars huh?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

im a TL owner and if i didnt have the TL I would love a TSX a friend of mine had one and its a great car, esp for the money and what you get. a+ for the TSX in my book
Old 07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Go and test drive it for yourself.............
Old 07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Hell yeah its an awesome car. I mean, the RSX is gonna be a little more "fun" especially a S. But with a few cheap handleing upgrades (RSB, strut, springs) you can make a TSX pretty damn close. And even if you didn't want to lower it cause you are driving clients around the RSB and the front strut will give you enough of a handling improvement that you will hardly notice your RSX now has 4 doors, decent space, and much much more luxury (oh and that a "T" is now in place of the "R"
Old 07-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Luke 1:37

The TSX is a great car especially if you're willing to put a few extra $s in aftermarket products. Stock though is still very impressive. The interior and exterior of the TSX destroys the RSX. No comparison whatsoever. Definitely recommended!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Make sure you are ready for a lot of creaks and rattles that the tsx is known for. I have a tsx 6sp w/ nav - had it for 7 weeks - was at the dealer for 8 days trying to fix a body/structure creak in the rear (which apparently many seem to have) - 3 days after the "fix" creaking is back again! Technician tells me that Acura/Honda does not think that insulation is a necessary thing!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 747 Likes on 449 Posts
I'm thinking about a TSX too... mine.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a 05 Mazda6s V6 MTX, I also thought about the TSX for a bit. Still do. But I am no Bill Gates and the Mazda Gave me everything the TSX can do for about 6 grand less.

And I have that V6 Growl!!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by myblacktsx
Make sure you are ready for a lot of creaks and rattles that the tsx is known for. I have a tsx 6sp w/ nav - had it for 7 weeks - was at the dealer for 8 days trying to fix a body/structure creak in the rear (which apparently many seem to have) - 3 days after the "fix" creaking is back again! Technician tells me that Acura/Honda does not think that insulation is a necessary thing!
Creaks and rattles? The TSX has a silent chamber compared to the TSX, I am on the Mazda6club.com forums very often and rattles is one of the biggest complaints on the 6. I have no thanks god.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Got Ramen?

as Infiniti once stated in their ads: "own and you'll understand"

i love my tsx...
Old 07-11-2005, 10:44 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I've never driven the RSX-S but my dad has an RSX and the two are pretty comparable in terms of fun-to-drive. The RSX is stiffer and sportier, of course, but the TSX w/ RSB is, to me, an RSX with a more luxurious interior and two more doors. Take a drive in one, my guess is you'll agree it's the perfect "upgrade" from the RSX (I say "upgrade" in terms of room and luxury -- not that it's inherently a better car). I also love the fact that Acura offers very few options, basically just nav and AT, so there's not a sea of packages to wade through, just like your RSX-S.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Racer

As for trade-in versus selling on the open market, definitely sell your car on the open market. Dealers like to find all the little excuses to not give you the value your car is worth. They offered me $2500 for my 98 Eclipse that was in great mechanical shape but had a few scratches and dents here and there. So I said no thanks, and sold my car to a buyer from craigslist for $5750. Their job is to turn a profit so if they can make it on the trade-in, they will. Don't be upset about it, just go sell it to someone privately. It worked out pretty well for me.
That was one crazy day, it was my birthday, went to the dealer, got the 2500 offer, met the private buyer and sold the car, then went back to the dealer and negotiated/bought the TSX. Sure was fun
Old 07-12-2005, 03:27 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by myblacktsx
Make sure you are ready for a lot of creaks and rattles that the tsx is known for.

I think the creaks and rattles are hit and miss. Some have the problem and some don't.

AznTSX-- I too have an 04 Type S. If you push the clutch all the way in, you won't grind 2nd and 3rd.
On a serious note, when I want to cruise the town to have a comfortable, slow ride, I drive the TSX. When I want to get to where I need to go in a hurry, and have a fun filled day of driving, I take the RSX-S. It all depends on what you want. Since the Type S is paid for, I recommend just buying a TSX as well, and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
10th Gear

there are alot of unknow variables, but sometimes the difference in a private sell and trade can be made up in the tax savings... not to mention the hassle of selling your car.

see what they offer in trade, take it to carmax for a free quote, then do some number crunching to see what your private sale figure would have to be to compensate the tax savings and general inconvenience of selling your car. if you feel it's obtainable, put out an ad and see if you get a bite...

all that said, you generally still do get more in selling your car...

to stay on topic, sounds like the tsx is the perfect car for you.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by javierjavier
there are alot of unknow variables, but sometimes the difference in a private sell and trade can be made up in the tax savings... not to mention the hassle of selling your car.

see what they offer in trade, take it to carmax for a free quote, then do some number crunching to see what your private sale figure would have to be to compensate the tax savings and general inconvenience of selling your car. if you feel it's obtainable, put out an ad and see if you get a bite...

all that said, you generally still do get more in selling your car...

to stay on topic, sounds like the tsx is the perfect car for you.
That's good advice. Factor in ad space costs and insurance also.

Depending on the car MOST likely it's better to sell it to a private party instead of trading it in. On the other hand a lot of people don't have the time or energy to sell a car.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Racer

Try www.craigslist.com first. It's free and I had prospective buyers e-mailing and calling within 2 hours of my posting!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by theElio
Try www.craigslist.com first. It's free and I had prospective buyers e-mailing and calling within 2 hours of my posting!
Do you mean craigslist.org?
Old 07-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Racer

Either or. .com links to .org so whichever you feel like typing at the time.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:01 PM

Did you try it? I got this page. http://e-powersellers.com/