Thinking about buying a TSX or TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about buying a TSX or TL

Sup everyone

I'm thinking about buying a TSX or a TL....

I figure if i buy a TSX with high mileage if anything goes wrong it would be cheaper to fix. I think i'm right about this?

I like the TL because its a v6 and looks better to me.

I'm leaning towards a TSX right now, what years should I stay away from? Do you guys regret buying a TSX and want a TL after? I'm thinking about getting a 6spd since its going to be really slow with AT.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM

I love my 05 TSX. I have an Automatic and I don't feel it's slow at all.

As far as something going wrong with it being cheaper to fix than a TL, I'm not sure that's the case. It all depends on what your fixing. How high of a mileage car are you thinking of buying?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
My 04 is loads of fun, if its too slow...um...what r you driving now?

My true belief is that neither of these cars are sports cars, if ur looking for fire breathing fast, consider a speed3, sti, evo or something along those lines...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Modding newbie

If I'm not mistaken, the TL is a little bit bigger than the TSX, so if you have a family or you're planning one, or just need some extra room, the TL may be the better fit. It has a bigger engine in it, but it weighs more so it burns more fuel and you don't get as much out of the additional 2 cylinders as you do with the new V6 TSX. Performance wise, the TL is better on the straight runs, which is where you normally feel that the car is a fast car, but the TSX probably does better in all other areas.
Also, if you want a manual tranny, you'll have a harder time finding a TL since the only manual TL's were the TL-S and there aren't nearly as many of those as there are TSXs.
I have a 2006 TSX with the manual tranny, and I certainly don't regret it. If I were able to find a TL-S I probably would have bought that instead, but I'm not considering trading my TSX for a TL-S. Besides, you can't go wrong with the K series engine in it. It's a wonderful engine.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by boosted2cam
Sup everyone

I'm thinking about buying a TSX or a TL....

I'm leaning towards a TSX right now, what years should I stay away from? Do you guys regret buying a TSX and want a TL after? I'm thinking about getting a 6spd since its going to be really slow with AT.

Thanks
No regrets buying the TSX.

I like the looks of the TL, (except for the plastic cladding details on the side and back, which to me look a little like the plastic Pontiac used to put on cars.) As Itchytoe said, the V6 engine is stronger and is faster for straight ahead acceleration, but the car is also heavier and thus, does not handle as well as the TSX. As for an expert opinion, I look at the fact that the TSX won 3 Car and Driver "Ten Best Cars" awards in a row -- the only Acura to do that. (The RL won once in 2005, The TL was not even nominated.)

The 6MT is a bit quicker than the Automatic...and as others have said here, the only year to possibly avoid is 2004, (A/C and dash lighting issues--but most 2004 owners have had no problems.) 2006-08 have a few more goodies/updates.

Last edited by Boulder TSX; 02-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
9th Gear

I'm looking at about 80k to 100k miles...

I just sold my 350z...

So hows the ride in a Tsx?

Do you AT guys wish you wouldve gotten a 6spd?

Thank for all the replies
Old 02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JahWobble
I love my 05 TSX. I have an Automatic and I don't feel it's slow at all.
Drive a 6 speed. Then come back and comment.

To the OP, if this car did not offer a 6MT, I would not have bought it. The automatic is a poor match for this car/engine IMO.
If you must, get an 06 or later which has most of the problems worked out.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Itchytoe
Also, if you want a manual tranny, you'll have a harder time finding a TL since the only manual TL's were the TL-S and there
The TL came in manual in non-S as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Modding newbie

Bear in mind, a Z and a TSX are two totally different vehicles. You're not going to get the performance out of the TSX, or a TL for that matter, that you got from the Z. At least not with some serious modifications.
Ride wise, it'll be much softer but will have more body roll and nose dive than you're used to in the Z. You can upgrade the suspension and get a much sportier ride though.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:51 PM
9th Gear

yeah my buddy has a non S TL and its a manual

Yeah i tihnk im going to look for a 6spd.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:55 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Itchytoe
Bear in mind, a Z and a TSX are two totally different vehicles. You're not going to get the performance out of the TSX, or a TL for that matter, that you got from the Z. At least not with some serious modifications.
Ride wise, it'll be much softer but will have more body roll and nose dive than you're used to in the Z. You can upgrade the suspension and get a much sportier ride though.

Yeah i figure that, i just dont want a real slow car where i can barely merge onto the interstate lol. Its a 4dr so im not expecting any performance wise.

I drove a TL and its fast enough.

I used to have a 550+whp hatchback and im kinda done with speed. Just want something nice now. no engine mods well no exhaust for sure
Old 02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Instructor

If you go for TSX, u'll need at least CT supercharged...

Get TL.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if i had choice i would take the TL
Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I never thought the TL had much over the TSX besides the engine and higher cost, but I won't knock TL at all. I do love my TSX. No regrets. In the 1 Gen going for an 05 or better is the right move. I actually don't know how much different the 07/8 is over the 06. Mine is an AT but my commute is terrible - lots of stop and go and I don't want to be riding a clutch for 2 hrs a day.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by psteng19
Drive a 6 speed. Then come back and comment.

To the OP, if this car did not offer a 6MT, I would not have bought it. The automatic is a poor match for this car/engine IMO.
If you must, get an 06 or later which has most of the problems worked out.
I have to disagree with the poor match comment. Actually, I think the opposite is true. The Honda engines and the their lack of torque (which is common, widespread, and show no signs of getting much better) make them better candidates for an automatic transmission (because of the torque converter) than engines that are designed to produce more torque. And if a higher mileage car is what is desired, then I'd stay away from a MT for that reason alone. I enjoy a good manual transmission as much as anyone, but when I bought my 05, I knew I'd be putting allot of miles on it (I'm at 115K now) and felt that an MT just was not an option. Clutch, syncro's, poorer resale..... the AT was a no brainer in my eyes. As I've said in these forums before.... sometimes we have to get what we need, not what we want or might like. I don't regret getting the AT for a second, and once a little time is spent learning how to get the most performance out of the automatic transmission, I really doubt it's much slower than most manual TSX's that might come along.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Instructor

The AT with the Sport Shift gives you both a manual transmission and an automatic transmission -- with the big difference being the loss of one gear (5 vs 6).

With the Sport Shift I am always in the desired gear -- or can get into the desired gear in 10 milliseconds. I can downshift before approaching a sharp curve and upshift at the apex of the curve -- not much different than a manual transmission. I can push the engine to 7,000 RPM's before upshifting -- not much different from a manual transmission. And, I can drink coffee while driving -- I wouldn't try that with a manual -- although, you might.

I have heard nothing but good things about the manual transmission. But, the AT in the TSX is also sweet. It is my opinion that manual transmissions and luxury are at odds with each other. The Sport Shift is the perfect solution; automatic when you need it -- and manual when you want more control.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Instructor

These posts re. the merits of the two transmissions compel me to chime in.
I’ve been driving manual-transmission cars exclusively for more than 30 years. Simple reason: I enjoy the sensory experience. As I put it in a post a few years ago:

MT fans will say they like the more-involved driving experience. I certainly agree, but there’s more to my enjoyment of an excellent manual transmission than that. It’s the sensory pleasure of operating a well-engineered and well-made mechanical system – the shifter clicking into place, the feel of the clutch engaging, the just-right pedal effort and so on.

For me, choosing the manual has very little to do with a recurring desire to wring maximum performance out of the car, it’s about getting maximum enjoyment out of driving the car. I’ve driven about a half-dozen cars with manu-matics , including a couple of TSX loaners, one TL loaner, a VW Passat and a Lexus IS 300. After all of those experiences, I was glad to get back to driving my MT TSX, which is the best-shifting car I’ve ever had. That the TSX’s manual transmission is outstanding is a pretty widely held opinion.
Unless someone has an absolutely horrendous commute – long and loaded with stop-and-go traffic – or a spouse who can't drive a manual, I think the transmission decision ought to come down primarily to the enjoyment factor. If, for whatever reason, you don’t find driving a manual more enjoyable than driving an automatic – even an automatic in the sport-shift mode – then base your decision on some other consideration(s).
I’m no car-resale expert, but I wouldn’t be very concerned about resale value when it comes to the TSX. If I sell my ’04, I’ll go into the process realizing that it might take somewhat longer to find a buyer than it would if the car was an automatic, but, really, I’ll be expecting to sell it to someone who WANTS an MT rather than someone who’s just willing to settle for an MT.
As for the prospect of having to shell out big bucks to fix an MT car, well, in all my years of owning cars with manuals, I’ve only had one car that needed a semi-expensive transmission-related repair. That was my 1990 RX-7, when it had about 150,000 miles on it.
After frequenting the A'zine forums for nearly five years, my impression is that neither transmission has notable reliability issues. I've probably seen more posts about AT problems, but that could have everything, or almost everything, to do with there being so many more AT TSXs out there.
If the OP or anyone else wants to read posts from a bunch of fans of the TSX's manual transmission, read this thread I started four years ago and resurrected annually in the years that followed. (I neglected to resurrect it a couple of months ago; maybe I'll do it soon.)
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/rating-6-speed-singing-its-praises-662739/
Old 02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Intermediate

I've had a 05 tl and currently own a 05 tsx, Love them both! (both auto trans)

the TL was a more luxurious ride
Pros: great exterior/interior, powerful v6, smooth ride
Cons: heavy, poor gas mileage, not so great when cornering turns.

The Tsx
Pros: I4 engine still packs a punch, lots more aftermarket options in terms of modding and whatnot, simple interior nothing fancy to allure your attention off the road. much better gas mileage compared to the TL (at least 1.5x better in gas mph...- lots of stop and go driving in the city) and Lots more fun to drive!

Cons: it only has 200hp com'on what do ya expected? its not your little speed demon. (wished they had made a v6 for the 04-08 models) you lose a few little features here and there....
example: the side mirrors dont auto turn down when in reverse, no tpms in my 05, sunroof doesnt have a auto up/down feature, the 05 TL had a more detailed display screen for the mph/trip thingy

when it comes down to it, its all about preference.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get a tsx..
Old 02-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I agree with everything you said about driving enjoyment, RX280. (And I read your older thread about the TSX 6MT...some great sentiments and observations in there.)

I can certainly see choosing an automatic if I had a nasty commute in stop and go traffic...but otherwise, no way. I test drove the automatic TSX and the manual. Both are very nice, but as several car magazines said, get the manual because it's one of the best transmissions on the planet.

As for acceleration differences, the manual is a little quicker. But it's not all about gear ratios. The 6MT TSX, with its magnesium transfer case, also weighs a bit less than the automatic.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JimHolloman
The AT with the Sport Shift gives you both a manual transmission and an automatic transmission -- with the big difference being the loss of one gear (5 vs 6).

With the Sport Shift I am always in the desired gear -- or can get into the desired gear in 10 milliseconds. I can downshift before approaching a sharp curve and upshift at the apex of the curve -- not much different than a manual transmission. I can push the engine to 7,000 RPM's before upshifting -- not much different from a manual transmission. And, I can drink coffee while driving -- I wouldn't try that with a manual -- although, you might.

I have heard nothing but good things about the manual transmission. But, the AT in the TSX is also sweet. It is my opinion that manual transmissions and luxury are at odds with each other. The Sport Shift is the perfect solution; automatic when you need it -- and manual when you want more control.
No, the big difference is that it has a torque converter.
Honestly, the extra gear means zilch. I wouldn't care if Honda put in a 5MT as long the gear ratios are nicely spread out and 5th was tall for cruising.

And I had a 5AT as a loaner and it was atrocious. The sport shift didn't feel "sporty" at all.
It was more like shift, pause, pause, wait another second, then the actual gear shift happened.
After one attempt, I just put it in D and let it shift on its own.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Simba91102
I have to disagree with the poor match comment. Actually, I think the opposite is true. The Honda engines and the their lack of torque (which is common, widespread, and show no signs of getting much better) make them better candidates for an automatic transmission (because of the torque converter) than engines that are designed to produce more torque. And if a higher mileage car is what is desired, then I'd stay away from a MT for that reason alone. I enjoy a good manual transmission as much as anyone, but when I bought my 05, I knew I'd be putting allot of miles on it (I'm at 115K now) and felt that an MT just was not an option. Clutch, syncro's, poorer resale..... the AT was a no brainer in my eyes. As I've said in these forums before.... sometimes we have to get what we need, not what we want or might like. I don't regret getting the AT for a second, and once a little time is spent learning how to get the most performance out of the automatic transmission, I really doubt it's much slower than most manual TSX's that might come along.
I think it's pretty common knowledge that any gutless 4 banger is much better mated to a manual rather than an auto.
When my gf was looking to purchase a Civic, she refused to buy it unless it was a manual because she said she can get more power out of it with a manual. I was shocked, in a good way.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by psteng19
...And I had a 5AT as a loaner and it was atrocious. The sport shift didn't feel "sporty" at all.
It was more like shift, pause, pause, wait another second, then the actual gear shift happened...
That exactly describes my experience, and impression, with the AT during the first three weeks that I owned the TSX. That is about how long it took me to learn to drive the Sport-Shift. There is definitely an learning experience involved.

For one thing, you cannot drive the Sport-Shift in a manner than emulates a manual shift and expect any satisfaction. Driving the Sport-shift is counter-intuitive to someone used to a MT -- and old habits are hard to break. The biggest change is that with a MT, you let off the throttle to change gears. With the SS, it is just the opposite. It is best to be on the throttle (the more, the better) when upshifting. That will give you the fastest shift (lowest shift times). However, even when coasting and downshifting, the delay isn't bad.

It took me about 3 weeks to start enjoying the Sport Shift and in after 6 years, my wife still will not use it. She does not know how to drive a MT, so the AT was the only logical choice for me. But, I wouldn't swap for a MT because I like the idea that I am never out of gear (especially on steep mountain grades where I used to have the bad habit of putting a MT in neutral and letting the car coast -- and gaining too much speed), can never over-rev the engine by downshifting, and I can always have one hand free while in fully automatic mode.

I can fully understand why someone that has a MT would think the Sport-Shift a POS. One is not a replacement for the other. And, the reflex required to drive a MT makes the Sport-Shift seem very awkward. Best for those MT types to stay in 'D' *grin*.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Simba91102

I also drive a lot and have owned numerous vehicles with manual transmission. Never had any problems with them and they all went way over 100,000 miles. On the other hand, two of the vehicles we owned with automatic transmission had to get them replaced (luckily under warranty). I think the amount of miles I drive would be bring down the re-sale, not that I am considering that. The 3 vehicles my husband and I now have all have MT. If I want to drive automatic I drive my mom's 08 accord.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Pro

ABSOLUTELY agree with every word!!!

Same goes for the raging DSG arguement.
I could give a rat's behind if it's a microsecond faster. No left foot, gears that change themselves = auto.

Originally Posted by rx280
These posts re. the merits of the two transmissions compel me to chime in.
I’ve been driving manual-transmission cars exclusively for more than 30 years. Simple reason: I enjoy the sensory experience. As I put it in a post a few years ago:

MT fans will say they like the more-involved driving experience. I certainly agree, but there’s more to my enjoyment of an excellent manual transmission than that. It’s the sensory pleasure of operating a well-engineered and well-made mechanical system – the shifter clicking into place, the feel of the clutch engaging, the just-right pedal effort and so on.

For me, choosing the manual has very little to do with a recurring desire to wring maximum performance out of the car, it’s about getting maximum enjoyment out of driving the car. I’ve driven about a half-dozen cars with manu-matics , including a couple of TSX loaners, one TL loaner, a VW Passat and a Lexus IS 300. After all of those experiences, I was glad to get back to driving my MT TSX, which is the best-shifting car I’ve ever had. That the TSX’s manual transmission is outstanding is a pretty widely held opinion.
Unless someone has an absolutely horrendous commute – long and loaded with stop-and-go traffic – or a spouse who can't drive a manual, I think the transmission decision ought to come down primarily to the enjoyment factor. If, for whatever reason, you don’t find driving a manual more enjoyable than driving an automatic – even an automatic in the sport-shift mode – then base your decision on some other consideration(s).
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Cruisin'

As stated you could get normal TL's with manual transmission (this ended with 2006 models I believe). When you get one of these you also get a limited slip differential and brembo front brakes.

The 6 spd TL is definitely faster then my 6 spd TSX. When I test drove one I observed that 60mph in 6th = 2000 rpms so using 6th at lower speeds would lug the engine. Also when driving it hard you definitely used the LSD

IMHO, the auto TSX is a dog, the 6 spd box is a CLOSE RATIO gearset, helps you stay
on the big cam when accelerating. The automatic has one less gear and is geared more for gas mileage (it actually is rated higher then the manual) when cruising which adds to lack of performance. The 6 speed is noticably faster. In either case the TSX is not a neck snapper nor is it meant to be. It is definitely fun to run thru the gears though
Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
Each driver has their own personal priorities so the answer is different for everyone.
I think either car is a fine choice.

Below are some priorities that I used in making my choice back in 2006 when I picked the TL. My choice today comparing 2nd gen TSX to 4th gen TL would be the TSX for these same priorities. (The TL grew too much in length to fit in my garage and the performance/gadget factors improved in the latest TSX.)

Priorites:

-performance
-looks
-fuel economy
-interior space & storage (I like the TL console better with door map pockets better)
-utility (fold down seat for TSX .vs. fold down arm rest of TL)
-gadgets & controls
-handling (both cars have same 61/39 weight distribution for automatics)
-size
-cost of ownership

To me the big differentiators were performance and the gadgets.
The TL has auto-tilt side mirrors, ELS sound, rear HVAC, bi-zenon lights, auto-lock doors, LED ext tail/brake lights, full driver setting memory, better sunroof controls, nicer map pockets & console. The TSX has a better NAV with improved voice controls, standard MP3 interface and real-time MPG (which I now have with a Navigation hack).

Depending on commute type, the fuel economy issue may not be a huge deal for some. For example, I can easily get 30MPG in my TL driving 70mph on the highway. The city MPG is 20 and will be less than an TSX. I usually get 19 around town because I don't do much highway driving.

I think both vehicles look OK; however, my opinion changes with the 4th gen TL and that would be a factor now for me today.

I was also concerned about not having the fold-down rear seat in 2006, but in 3 years haven't missed it. I have made use of the trunk port a few times with 4 people in the car hauling PVC pipe or lumber a few times. The port works better for me with a family of 4.

In 2007, the TL got an upgrade so the Nav was improved and on par with the TSX. So later TLs have the MP3 and Nav updates that set the TSX apart in 2006.

I think handling is a wash between the two cars. Both cars have the same slalom test speeds in Consumer Reports. I upgraded the rear sway bar early on for an even better affect for $100. The TL is longer and that might not work for some garages. I think cost of ownership will be similar with the same maintenance intervals for oil changes and such. In addition there are little details like hood struts, standard cargo net, front bumper plugs for license plate holes that make the TL a little more polished than the TSX,

In closing, I like my TL but also like the TSX too. After 3.5 years of ownership, I would still make the same decision as I did then.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Racer

TSX has its ups and downs and so does a TL. Overall we can all agree that a TL > TSX. If you want room go with the TL. If you care about the cost go with the TSX even though you can still get a TL for a pretty decent price. I think 2G TSX is alot better than the first.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

Sounds like the OP is considering both the 1G TSX or 3G TL. I like both and I've driven both 5AT TSX as a loaner and one of my friends has a 6MT 1G TSX. I think both versions have nice performance and the TSX definitely feels more nimble than the TL. I've never driven a 3G 6MT TL (mine is 5AT). I think both are great cars. I had a hard time deciding between the TSX and TL, but what made me buy the TL was that the 1G TSX didn't offer a V6 and that's what I wanted. If you're open to both... perhaps you should simply see what you can find and get whichever you deem to be the better car for you in terms of the price, tranny, mileage, condition etc.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
i have no mods, i have a 5at 1g tsx and i dont regret it at all. It has plenty of get up to merge into traffic. I drive from south carolina to new york, new york to chicago and i spend 99% of my time passing people. with the cruise on 85mph i get a little over 400 miles on a premium fill up.

i lied about mods, i have a drop in k&n air filter (like thats an actual mod), you dont need a supercharger like someone else said. Its def no 350z by any means but it has a very capable motor.

I believe it has a very nice ride quality, fairly cheap maintenance and good mpg for its weight and motor size. my brother in laws 07 6sp si barely gets away from me until he hits 3rd gear then he will pull about 2 lengths on me and i will remain there in his side view mirror till we think we are going fast enough to call it quits...

get a tsx unless you can find a nice tl for cheap. If you want a 6sp then get that, or if your tired of shifting the auto is nice.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 PM
10th Gear

i regret buying my tsx because of not enough hp and front wheel drive (but it is a nice car otherwise). if you have to buy one, get the tl for the v6 (but it's still not going to have rear wheel drive either one)

i would suggest a 2006 lexus is350
Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
8th Gear

i'd go with the TSX. the best deal you can get is to have the car professionally inspected first. that way, if there are any issues with the car, you can cut down the price a bit. just do a google search for used car inspections and check out the sponsored links. that should help you out a lot. good luck!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by monsruzo
...i would suggest a 2006 lexus is350
Is that one of those cars that will take you for a ride?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Advanced

The TL is nice.It has more power and better baller status.I chose the TSX because I liked the smaller body and all the aftermarket support for what I wanted it for.Plus it was to damn hard to find a 6-speed TL. Also the TSX crosses many parts to an 03-05 Accord which makes repairs and parts cheaper.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Je t'aime...

It all depends on what you want, really. In my opinion TSX > TL (no hate on the TL though) If its First gen TSX vs Third gen TL. I would get TSX. People say the TL is faster because of the V6, true. Faster on a straight to be exact. The TSX would probably beat the TL around a track. TL has a bigger engine, which results that the chances of torque steer are higher. Also the TL's size is gonna affect the handling. The TL has more space. It doesn't really feel more luxurious than the TSX, in my opinion... Overall if you're looking for fun, and looking at a more performance point of view get the TSX. The TSX handles better than TL. The TSX might be faster on a straight, but its faster around a track. The TSX comes with a K24 Engine, which has a lot of aftermarket mods for it if you want to make it fast on a straight. Oh the TSX is cheaper. The TL, you're just paying more for a bigger engine, more room, and losing handling. I believe the TL's ride is also more comfortable than the TSX.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:39 AM
10th Gear

Tsx!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Intermediate

TSX w/ MT. Few cars offer more fun for the dollar. You can get cars that are faster, cars that are more fuel efficient, cars that handle better... but few will blend all these charecteristics as well as the TSX at its price point.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
'06 NBP TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Coming from a TSX to a TL... I would say there is a difference of both... TSX being sport luxury, while the TL being luxury sport. The TSX handles and is much more fun to drive but lacks power. The TL feels more comfortable and powerful, but lacks handling. I just picked up my TL... hopefully after some suspension mod it will be up there with handling like the TSX...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Advanced

I have an 07 TL type-s 6 spd and i love everything about it except the cornering stability at times. I have been driving around a 2010 tsx auto for the last 2 weeks as a loaner while my tranny gets replaced (warranty, whew ) and i am counting the minutes to get my TL back. agreed ^^^ with some suspension help, coilovers or something, the TL would have the side to side stability similar to the TSX, id say type-s 6 speed
Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love my 05 TL. Haven't looked back or regretted my decision.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a TSX or TL