switchblade key program rappage by dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
jdm whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
switchblade key program rappage by dealer!

hey guys.. well i got my switchblade from flbusa.. looks awesome.. cant wait to get it programmed.. but when i called my dealer to ask how much they charge to cut and program a key they said $89 + tax!!! that seems crazy to me.. i mean i know i dont have much of a choice but i was wondering is this normal? what did you guys have to pay?
thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Undercover Slacker

how much did you get the switchblade for?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
got mine cut and programmed for free ;-).... be friends with ur service guy.. lol [the ones who do the apts.]

he went and got the tools then i sat with him in my car and he programmed it simply by adding a new fob. easssy took like 10 mins.. he also walked me back to the parts dept. and cut the key for me... just ask nicely... ( i had dealt with the guy probaly 2 times before getting a bunch of tsbs taken care of )
Old 06-08-2007, 02:02 PM
for EVER more!

Originally Posted by whitson01
hey guys.. well i got my switchblade from flbusa.. looks awesome.. cant wait to get it programmed.. but when i called my dealer to ask how much they charge to cut and program a key they said $89 + tax!!! that seems crazy to me.. i mean i know i dont have much of a choice but i was wondering is this normal? what did you guys have to pay?
thanks
That's what mine charged me for moda's accord key mod immobilizer programming. Bastards.

But i love handing the TSM the key and he looks at it all strange like uhhhh
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
jdm whore

Originally Posted by vthree
got mine cut and programmed for free ;-).... be friends with ur service guy.. lol [the ones who do the apts.]

he went and got the tools then i sat with him in my car and he programmed it simply by adding a new fob. easssy took like 10 mins.. he also walked me back to the parts dept. and cut the key for me... just ask nicely... ( i had dealt with the guy probaly 2 times before getting a bunch of tsbs taken care of )
ya but you dont know my dealership.. i know im gonna face the "uh, we cant program that key for a tsx, its for a tl..???".. and them in going to have to explain yes you can, its done all the time.. and then they are going to say "well, i guess we can do it but it will cost more." i know that is what they are going to say.. the next closest dealer is like an hour or say away.. oh well..
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM
jdm whore

Originally Posted by dalieu
how much did you get the switchblade for?
go to the classifieds and email (not pm) flbusa.. he will respond quickly..
Old 06-09-2007, 09:05 PM
jdm whore

any others out there wanna share their dealers cost to have the key programmed and cut?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cost me $33 to get my key cut and programmed. $89 is pure rape!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:15 PM
jdm whore

im thinking they are probably charging me a full hour of labor, which is total bs.. especialy to just cut and program a key.. its one of those things that they know i cant just go anywhere to get this key programed.. this sucks!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Intermediate

Pohanka Acura of Chantilly, VA charges $97 plus tax to program a key. I avoid them bastards for everything at all costs.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:34 PM
8th Gear

when you guys say "program" does that mean program the remote fob or program the immobilizer? for the immobilizer i tried a lot of places and no where charges less than $90 and programming that takes a machine while programming the remote takes like 5 minutes and requires no machine and can be done @ home.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

can a locksmith program those keys? I know they can do the regular remotes - we did my wife's Jeep remotes for $50 (3 of them)
Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Intermediate

This question might be alittle out of the topic but Im about to buy a switchblade key from acura of peoria on ebay. Their price seems ok for me 26.53 + 4.00 shipping but im confused because they got two types of keys Memory 1 Key N Memory 2. Can someone explain de difference for me? Also any other site that might have them cheaper. By the way I own a 05 tsx. Thanks
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by asnstyle22
when you guys say "program" does that mean program the remote fob or program the immobilizer? for the immobilizer i tried a lot of places and no where charges less than $90 and programming that takes a machine while programming the remote takes like 5 minutes and requires no machine and can be done @ home.
I was just wondering the same thing!

For those who want to reprograme the remote, this is how you do it:

Keyless Entry Transmitter Programming
Storing transmitter codes:
The codes of up to three transmitters can be stored into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the tailgate are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver by the power window master switch.

3. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver by the power window master switch.

6. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver by the power window master switch.

9. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver by the power window master switch.

12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. within 1 to 4 sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

13. Within 10 sec, aim the transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the keyless receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons.
Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.

15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:09 PM
jdm whore

Originally Posted by MalcriaoTsx
This question might be alittle out of the topic but Im about to buy a switchblade key from acura of peoria on ebay. Their price seems ok for me 26.53 + 4.00 shipping but im confused because they got two types of keys Memory 1 Key N Memory 2. Can someone explain de difference for me? Also any other site that might have them cheaper. By the way I own a 05 tsx. Thanks
you have to remember the tl keys, which is where these remotes come from, are cut diffirent than ours.. flbusa, a vendor on here, will send a ready "pre cut" version that will work on our tsx's.. to my knowledge the dealer will not do this.. if you email flbusa (in the vendor for sale section) he will do a better job of explaining this.. now expect the key to cost more than $26.. he can send you pics of the before and after..
as far as mem1 and 2 all you need is mem1.. no further..
Old 06-10-2007, 11:10 PM
jdm whore

Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
can a locksmith program those keys? I know they can do the regular remotes - we did my wife's Jeep remotes for $50 (3 of them)
i would say only an acura dealer can program these..
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
jdm whore

im reffering to the actual key, not the remote..
Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MalcriaoTsx
The TL has memory seats...each remote will send a signal to tell the car which driver is approaching, so that the car can move the seat for that driver. 06 and 07 TSX have memory seats. Since you have an 05, just go get a memory 1 key...it's much cheaper. Then you just use the remote in its unlinked mode
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 AM
8th Gear

well for those who dont wanna pay to program the key (the immobilizer) you can sacrifice your current key and save a few bucks. heres a link for how to do it on the accord, im sure its about the same for tsxs, just need to look for the chip.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9353

i guess you guys can sacrifice the valet key or something =P
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
raped...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:14 AM
jdm whore

well for those who dont wanna pay to program the key (the immobilizer) you can sacrifice your current key and save a few bucks. heres a link for how to do it on the accord, im sure its about the same for tsxs, just need to look for the chip.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9353

i guess you guys can sacrifice the valet key or something =P
ya ive seen this process before.. but this is pretty risky.. especially if you screw up you will be paying a lot more in the long run.. i guess i will just have to bite the bullet and pay the damned money.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
The TL has memory seats...each remote will send a signal to tell the car which driver is approaching, so that the car can move the seat for that driver. 06 and 07 TSX have memory seats. Since you have an 05, just go get a memory 1 key...it's much cheaper. Then you just use the remote in its unlinked mode
Thanks bro...I'll go ahead an order my memory 1 key. I call the dealer to ask if this can be done, the guy that sold me my tsx say yes they can do it (he spoke to someone at the parts department)....i forgot to ask him how much. I will after i get the key...But thanks to all for the input.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:23 PM
jdm whore

well, friday im taking my car into the dealer to get some things looked at so im gonna have them do the key at the same time.. kinda excited.. for those who havent seen one in person you should really go to the dealer and ask to test drive a tl, just to check out the key
Old 06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Does anyone know of dealers in the NY area that are willing to do the swap to switchblade? I bought my car from Paragon Acura and they have never done it.

07' NHB/Ebony TSX
Old 06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

Where R u FLipKey??

Where can I find my own flip key? I'm going crazy losing sleeping looking for one of my own.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Hey! If I have the 2007 tsx and want two keys, do i need to purchase 2 of the mem-2 keys or 1 mem-1 and 1 mem-2?

Has any one replaced both their remote keys for switchblades or just the primary?

I found this eBay store with the Key Fobs that come uncut:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/2007-a...sPageNameZWD1S
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
I think you'd have to get one mem-1 and one mem-2, since that refers to what memory thing each key corresponds to, unless you want the two keys to be for the same setting. I might have to get one of those tl keys, too. That's tempting
Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
jdm whore

remember that mem 2 keys cost more.. also the key will have to be custom "pre cut" to work in the tsx.. contact flbusa for more info and pic's..
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 PM
E92

remember that mem 2 keys cost more.. also the key will have to be custom "pre cut" to work in the tsx.. contact flbusa for more info and pic's..
Pre-cut? as in the ones off ebay won't work in our tsx, even if we bring them to our dealers to have them cut?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Intermediate

the keys on ebay off of peoria acura are blank TL keys. FLBUSA will give you a $25 credit if you give him one of those, but the blank TL keys won't fit a TSX.

Also, Acura dealers around the Washington DC area are seemingly unwilling to even cut the key, because they know the key was a sidewinder (07 TL key is a sidewinder), so they assume that it still is, which I think is total bull. I'm sending the blanks I have to a local locksmith, and then if they can do the whole 9 yards there, I'll do them there.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Burning Brakes

thanks
the 2 dealers around here are even higher than that. i'm trying to find a locksmith that'll do it. portland, oregon anyone?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:59 AM
jdm whore

im not sure on this but i really doubt there will be any locksmiths that can program these, i hope im wrong though.. i would say acura has a stronghold on this
Old 06-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Burning Brakes

im not sure on this but i really doubt there will be any locksmiths that can program these, i hope im wrong though.. i would say acura has a stronghold on this
not according to other members on the forums. people have had some success at non-dealer locksmiths. all they need is an updated HDS system
Old 06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Burning Brakes

i've got an update here. after calling about all of the locksmiths in the portland area, i finally found one that was confident that he could program the tl key for my tsx. i met up at his shop today, and he cut the key and had it programmed in about 15 minutes. he didn't have an HDS (because i think that's a proprietary system) but he had a 3rd party immobilizer programmer with recently updated software. $50

so for anyone in the portland area, do NOT get ripped off by the dealers or any other locksmith. there were some that told me that they were charging five HUNDRED dollars to do this type of thing.

AA Express Car Openers
110 SE 97th Ave.
Portland, OR 97216
(503)251-2751 and ask for Steve. good guy
Old 06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
E92

^^Did you have your key modded by flbusa first to work with the tsx, or could they cut a regular blank TL key?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TommySalami
^^Did you have your key modded by flbusa first to work with the tsx, or could they cut a regular blank TL key?

i bought the flbusa key direct from him, $95 shipped
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Why can't the TL key blank be milled for the TSX? Is it shorter than necessary?

I havn't seen the TL key so I am pretty much talking on no visualizations. If you buy the TL Key Fob can you find the blade that fits the mod for the TSX in locksmiths/dealers/online?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by acl06
the keys on ebay off of peoria acura are blank TL keys. FLBUSA will give you a $25 credit if you give him one of those, but the blank TL keys won't fit a TSX.

Also, Acura dealers around the Washington DC area are seemingly unwilling to even cut the key, because they know the key was a sidewinder (07 TL key is a sidewinder), so they assume that it still is, which I think is total bull. I'm sending the blanks I have to a local locksmith, and then if they can do the whole 9 yards there, I'll do them there.

So where did you end up getting yours done?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Cruisin'

Just shop around I had quotes from 89 to 375 from a local locksmith which was absurd. I finally got mine cut and programmed for free at the dealer I purchased my car at.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

WOW, so I went to my dealer with the key FLBUSA provided me with and they said to program is $125 and under $10 dollars to cut. I said "you must be joking there are people that have done it for no more than $55". I will go back with the dude who just recently sold me my new 07 TSX to see if he can get under their skin. By the way it's Paragon Acura of Woodside, NY! What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Thats more extreme than whitson01's $89.

Quick Reply: switchblade key program rappage by dealer!