View Poll Results: What do you think of swaping emblems?
It's totally dorky and lame
55.06%
No opinion / don't really care
26.97%
It's cool
17.98%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Swaping Emblems -- who agrees it is lame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:26 AM
TSX User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I voted it lame.

Modifying the ECU/suspension/wheels/tinting is one thing, changing the logo does not improve the functionality of your car one bit. In the end, you can do what the fluck you want with your car, I just hope such "ricing" doesn't hurt my resale value later on.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:36 AM
The extra b is for byobb

Say/Do what you want with your car, I don't care.

I tinted my windows not for functional purposes-- I just like the way it looks and I like the way it makes the car stand out.

Rebadging your car on the other hand- I had to vote totaly lame.

If you want to rebadge because you feel strongly about it personally, I think that's great.
If you are doing to make yourself look cool however, I think (with the voting poll behind me) it's a bad idea.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:07 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by slats
no it doesn't hurt anyone, but people spend way too much money doing it --- and IMO it looks :ghey: and ricy
What is this? High school or what? How does something look "gay"??? It's about as idiotic as saying that keeping the Acura emblems on the car makes it look "straight". Besides you might want to know that there are a lot of gay guys (don't know about any girls) that drive TSX's and are on this board...dang that would be me! I'm not offended, just trying to figure out what this means.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:18 AM
Master Graphic Artist

I'm sick of everyone looking for "Type-R", "Euro R", or just regular Honda badges to put on their cars. I mean, I know that Acura is a division of Honda, but if you want a Honda BUY ONE, don't try to make your car look like the european version when it is not. If you want your TSX to have an "H", then buy a real right-hand driver overseas and at least then your car won't be a fake. Besides, Acura is a more expensive nameplate, so why lessen that? BTW, I'm not knocking those who shave off their eblems although I'd never do that.

So anyway, I though it would be cool to have a real poll on this issue once and for all. Who agrees that swaping emblems is both gay :ghey: and moronic?

Slats
:whocares:
Old 03-31-2005, 02:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RickKel
What is this? High school or what? How does something look "gay"??? It's about as idiotic as saying that keeping the Acura emblems on the car makes it look "straight". Besides you might want to know that there are a lot of gay guys (don't know about any girls) that drive TSX's and are on this board...dang that would be me! I'm not offended, just trying to figure out what this means.
u-oh...slats =
Old 03-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Jerk Monster

If you don't like rebadging then don't do it. no one is forcing you to. So dude take a deep breath, wash the sand out of your vagina, and enjoy the modern marvel that is the accord euro r, sorry I mean the TSX.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:57 AM
Jerk Monster

"Do you see people with Audi A4's pulling off the Audi symbol and slapping a VW badge on their? It's dorky!!!!"

That's because in other parts of the world an A4 isn't a Jetta or a Passat or a Toureg they are different cars altogether, it just isn't. While everywhere but the US and Canaduh the TSX is an Accord, they are the exact same car with different trim options. The Accord you know is called an Inspire. So in about 50 countries and four continents where the car is sold being North America, Europe, Australia and Asia 96% of them call it an Acccord. Here in America we believe in Democracy and majority rules, it's an Accord.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:21 AM
Advanced

I'm sick of everyone looking for "Type-R", "Euro R", or just regular Honda badges to put on their cars....
Slats
You should be more open minded.. you should really look and find the reasons why people do things they way they do them before you go off and starting labeling people. I read that some people say it's stupid to modify the badges because it doesn't yield any performance gain. But come on!!... people have different priorities ! Some people want to make their car faster, and some want it to look better. There is nothing wrong with either one. As someone mentioned before, we should try to understand and find each other's priorities and values or whatever, and encourage each other towards that.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 AM
Intermediate

I'm sick of everyone looking for "Type-R", "Euro R", or just regular Honda badges to put on their cars. I mean, I know that Acura is a division of Honda, but if you want a Honda BUY ONE, don't try to make your car look like the european version when it is not. If you want your TSX to have an "H", then buy a real right-hand driver overseas and at least then your car won't be a fake. Besides, Acura is a more expensive nameplate, so why lessen that? BTW, I'm not knocking those who shave off their eblems although I'd never do that.

So anyway, I though it would be cool to have a real poll on this issue once and for all. Who agrees that swaping emblems is both gay :ghey: and moronic?

Slats
this thread is ridiculous. it's a free country and who are you to judge others. calling others lame for changing the badges on THEIR cars is almost as bad as BMW owners saying their car is better then everyone elses just because it's a bmw. just as bmw owners may believe their cars are the best, others decide they'd be happier with a honda sign on their car if only to make their cars a little different and unique.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Advanced

I also wanted to add that it's fine to express your opinion to have a constructive discussion. But that's not possible when you are confrontational and offensive about it. ok.. that's all.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:57 AM
Hondaholic

That's not the point. I'm proud to own a Honda -- they are great cars. The point is that people do such lame things like ripping off Acura logos and replacing them with H's. Do you see people with Audi A4's pulling off the Audi symbol and slapping a VW badge on their? It's dorky!!!!
I've seen countless people remove their Jetta badge and replace it with Bora....

Slats, what's your opinion on adding the Euro-R aero kit to a TSX?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Umm, I have no problems with that. If you tell people you have a euro-r though, that would be lame. Nothing wrong with a body kit though. Like someone said, it is actually a functional mod (has a purpose), so that's cool.

Slats
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Pro

I should add that my only pupose for this thread was to see if people agree with me, which they do. I don't want this forum to be taken over by a bunch of immature emblem-swaping ricers.

Slats
Old 03-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend has just been transferred from Oklahoma to Switzerland. Were I in his position, and if I bought a Euro Accord while there, I'd be more interested in putting Acura badges on it. Maybe you guys who strip off your A badges can Ebay them to a few American expatriots living abroad.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:18 AM
tsxer

the only possible way that swapping emblems can be cool is you do everything, includeing steering wheel and radio markings.....if it says both acura or A and honda it is lame.......
Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

I guess if someone wants to modify their car to their particular taste (as tacky as their taste might be, in some cases), there's nothing wrong with that. However....aren't there more important things to do (and to argue about....oops, pardon me....."discuss") with your life?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Instructor

I should add that my only pupose for this thread was to see if people agree with me, which they do. I don't want this forum to be taken over by a bunch of immature emblem-swaping ricers.

Slats
Bingo !!!!! I totally agree !!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by zzzed
the only possible way that swapping emblems can be cool is you do everything, includeing steering wheel and radio markings.....if it says both acura or A and honda it is lame.......
I agree. But WAIT, its called money, you cant do it all at once. I only have one A and one Acura left the steering wheel airbag and the Radio, and soon the radio one will be removed.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:51 PM
04 remembrance

I've seen one conversion around my town once and it looked more appealing than not.

So, "it's cool".
Old 03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Hondaholic

Umm, I have no problems with that. If you tell people you have a euro-r though, that would be lame. Nothing wrong with a body kit though. Like someone said, it is actually a functional mod (has a purpose), so that's cool.

Slats
See, I think the problem is that the next step after the Euro R lip kit is the grill, which is a much better looking grill than the TSX grill. But, it has an "H" on it. So then you have to switch the rear emblem, the centercaps on the wheels, where does it end?

I'd stop short of the Euro R badge myself, but if you dropped the $$ for the lip kit or the grill, it isn't the worst thing I've seen.......
Old 03-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by Alucard13
If you don't like rebadging then don't do it. no one is forcing you to. So dude take a deep breath, wash the sand out of your vagina, and enjoy the modern marvel that is the accord euro r, sorry I mean the TSX.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro

What a stupid thing to say.....wow, I can't beleive that. "I see stupid people"
Old 03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by dzuy
this thread is kinda pointless.

the whole purpose of this forum is to support and encourage enthusiam for the tsx.

obviously, the people who dont understand or dont agree with simple modifications dont understand and appreciate the creativity that takes place when an individual modifies his car.

another prime example of how people tend to generalize ideology that is different than their own as ridiculous. just b/c you dont understand or agree with what people do doesn't give you a right to say that another view is lame. to me, that shows plain ignorance.

i cant speak for everyone here, but i modifiy my car to please myself.

sifting through the first couple of posts, it seems to me that you are merely seeking attention to divert your otherwise mundane life.

do us all a favor next time and try to think of a more intelligent and respectable post. we dont need arrogant and illogical people on this site.
x 13,943,982,389,234,890,897

I voted "it's cool"... but my condition is that the swapped emblems have to have association to the car that's being done on. So TSX re-badged to EuroR is cool as they are very similar (some would even say "same") rides. Will I do it? Maybe... but I'll work on beefing up the performance first

I've seen a beat-up Civic with a "M" emblem, now those are stupid people! (unless there's a M motor under that hood )
Old 03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Slats

So you insult the people who don't agree with you? Now that is not really cool and it emphasizes that your thread didn't have only ONE purpose. Not to metion your ignorance.

I personally think it looks cool when people have something that is rare. I guess that is why some girls like diamonds. I debadged my TSX and left just the Acura symbol on the rear because I was going for the clean sexy look. If someone who needs emblems and badges to feel cool (or un-gay ) I guess that is their choice. Just like it is the choice of others to re-badge their cars and since we live in a free country I say more power to them.

So you can add one in the column for cool or not lame. I am not voting though because I think the poll is lame.

Besides I think everyone should rebadge their Acura symbols with KIA and paint it metallic pink with big dice on the rear view. I think it would still be a very cool great handling Honda. Remember its the inside of things that really count.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Delta Sigma Pi

:gheyfight: stop bitchin.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:58 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by Alucard13
Old 03-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Slats
you have some personal issues if you're going to an online forum to boost your self esteem by asking people to agree with you. i can tell you the people on here that modify their car don't do it for anyone else except themselves and could care less what you or the people that agree with you think. those "immature emblem-swaping [sic] ricers" act a whole lot more mature on acurazine than you do.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Subie Tech

Slats
I'm a ricer??

Old 03-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Advanced

I couldn't care less, but at the same time the acura logo is nicer than the Honda logo. Just an opinion.
And why doesnt anybody remove the acura logo in the rear and the grill and not put anything, just confuse everybody!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by xizor
you have some personal issues if you're going to an online forum to boost your self esteem by asking people to agree with you. i can tell you the people on here that modify their car don't do it for anyone else except themselves and could care less what you or the people that agree with you think. those "immature emblem-swaping [sic] ricers" act a whole lot more mature on acurazine than you do.
two word explanation: attention whore.

i couldnt agree more with you on this one xizor. i mean scissor.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Subie Tech

I guess these cars look really ricey too than

Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by dzuy
two word explanation: attention whore.

i couldnt agree more with you on this one xizor. i mean scissor.
So my Plymouth emblem swap??? Cool? Not cool? Please help me here....
Old 03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
cmf
ATCer

I want to change my vote to-- slats is totally dorky or lame, and gay.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well this was a fun poll.