Speculations on the 2008 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 AM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selective attention perhaps? Cause I see plenty of know-nothing-about-cars driving the TSX and plenty of know-a lot's driving the G35.

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
Not to get too far off subject, but for me there are just too many know-nothing-about-cars dudeskis driving G35s (almost universally automatics, almost universally dirty with wrappers and used coffee cups inside).

The TSX is uncommon, not only in numbers but in what it is. A powerful n.a. 4cyl that is smooth, elegantly styled, sporty, nimble, good on gas, and reliable. Even the addition of SH-AWD is, in my opinion, largely an affectation that adds weight and complexity and requires horsepower. I'm hoping Acura doesn't abandon its n.a. roots for turbocharging. Where's the beauty in that? Every hopped-up Mazda econobox and tuner-mobile seems to have a turbocharger or a V6 in it.

I like to be different. That's part of the TSX's attraction both visually and mechanically, I hope they stay with that. If I can get 230 hp out of the thing, certainly Acura can without piping in a turbo.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Race Director

If some people pay $40,000 for a Lexus IS250 AWD with everything and the fully loaded price goes into the IS350 and ES350 price range, I don't see why Acura can't do that with the next gen TSX even if it will go into the TL price category. But, the same can be said with Infiniti that a fully loaded G35 sedan is $40,000 too which goes into the M35 price category. Why can't Acura do it?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:38 AM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rugbybrado
Turbos are better overall - they dont have a parasitic drag on the engine(horsepower robbing) because they use waste gas to create their power. The also atomize* the before it is sent to the engine which helps it create better fuel mileage.
It depends. I personally like turbos and agree with your observations, but they require much more complicated engine management and exhaust plumbing. Also, the turbo itself, spinning upwards of 150,000 RPM, is a weak point from a very long term reliability standpoint. Proper maintenance (oil changes especially) is critical.

Meanwhile, a supercharger is basically a blower driven by a belt from the engine that provides comparable hp gains, smoother power delivery, and is much simpler from an engine management and maintenance standpoint.

Aside, fuel atomization is separate from whether the engine has forced induction or not. VW FSI motors atomize fuel directly into the cylinder, in both normally aspirated, turbo, and super-turbo (super charger + turbo ) versions of the motor.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Racer

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348212
Old 04-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by pfifi
i'm thinking about getting a TSX as well...likely new with the navi. But my other option is a slightly used BMW 3 Series, like an '05 or '06. Ive been kinda turned off from a bimmer b/c of "high" maintenance costs (how high, i dont really know) and accepted relatively short effective life (about 100-150kmiles). So, being a Honda owner all my life, i thought id check out the TSX and i absolutely love it!. My questions are:
1) Is a TSX more expensive to maintain than something like an Accord? Is it signficiant?
2) Will a TSX last me to 150k-200k miles as my accord has?

thanks for your feedback. Im new to this forum but it looks spectacular!
The TSX should easily last 150k-200k with proper maintenance (changing oil and other fluids, filters and spark plugs). Sane driving habits will also help. Honda manufactures both the Accord and TSX so longevity will not be a problem for either model.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:41 AM
5th Gear

what is the 3M front end film? where do i get this? I suppose this is to protect paint from flying pebbles and such?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Honda does engines.

Originally Posted by pfifi
what is the 3M front end film? where do i get this? I suppose this is to protect paint from flying pebbles and such?
That's right. It functions as a front end bra without having to take the bra off when washing. My headlights and mirror are protected too for an extra cost. Foglights are not included, though. I understand that fog lights heat up which makes the film become yellow. Anyway, the first link is the place I went to. The price was a little high, and the quality of the job was almost worth the whole price. To be fair, the film is barely noticeable and it does exactly what I need it to. The second link will let you type your own zip code.

http://www.transhine.com/AUTO-ARMOR.asp
http://www.xpel.com/