Someone Tooted at Me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone Tooted at Me!

Around 5:15pm this afternoon, southbound 101 just past Whipple Rd in Redwood City, this black car zipped in behind me and tooted their horn. However, I was in the process of changing lanes and didn't realize until it passed that it was a Nighthawk Black /Parchment TSX. I think the driver was a blonde female. (Yer never know these days!)

But there ya go: The interior matched her hair and her clothing matched her car's body. Howz that for color coordination!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:09 AM
More On

Ya spent too much time thinkin' and lookin' and not enuf time acceleratin'.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Burning Brakes

That's what I like about neutral colors. The neutral TSX colors are white, satin silver, carbon grey, and nighthawk black. There's no need to think about color coordination, but she matched the car!

On the other hand, it was hot today--upper 90's--and I wore tan cargo shorts and a dark green polo shirt in my SSM TSX. It's hard to get color clash with the car's colors.

I also saw a dark TSX this morning on Marsh at 101--my eyes weren't entirely open, so I couldn't tell if it was a CG or a NB.

I have yet to see three TSXs on the streets in one day--not counting my own.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Racer

I also saw a dark TSX this morning on Marsh at 101--my eyes weren't entirely open, so I couldn't tell if it was a CG or a NB.
Might've been my CG. I get off at Marsh on 101S. I had a 9:00 AM meeting this morning.

My eyes must not be open, either, because I didn't see either of you! I occasionally see something zip by in oncoming traffic and think, "Naw, musta been a TL...", but some of them must be TSXs. I identify a TSX most readily from the rear, I guess.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by dnl2ba
Might've been my CG. I get off at Marsh on 101S. I had a 9:00 AM meeting this morning.

My eyes must not be open, either, because I didn't see either of you! I occasionally see something zip by in oncoming traffic and think, "Naw, musta been a TL...", but some of them must be TSXs. I identify a TSX most readily from the rear, I guess.
Oh wow! I drove by the intersection just before 8:00AM this morning. I had the green light and the "dark" TSX was first in one of two lines waiting to make a left onto Marsh.

I was driving the Satin Silver Metallic in the far right lane of cross-traffic.

My car is a whole week old now!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:47 AM
More On

.....I occasionally see something zip by in oncoming traffic and think, "Naw, musta been a TL...", but some of them must be TSXs. I identify a TSX most readily from the rear, I guess.
I never mistake a "current" TL for the TSX. I still get fooled by RSX's, though.

And just wait for the new TL's to hit the road. You'll confuse TL's and TSX's all the time.

You heard it here first.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:52 AM
anti-dentite bastard

You didn't happen to go to the 49er's game this last Sunday (vs. the Poo Browns), did you? I saw a CG tsx in the parking lot (long shot, I know...)?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Racer

Well, if I see a current TL very briefly (it has the "Acura grill" + 4 doors) or an RSX briefly ("Acura grill" + wedge shape), I can be fooled.

Nope, not a sports fan.

Brad, if it was 8:00 AM, then I was still eating breakfast at home when you got there.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by larchmont
I never mistake a "current" TL for the TSX. I still get fooled by RSX's, though.

And just wait for the new TL's to hit the road. You'll confuse TL's and TSX's all the time.

You heard it here first.
I get a Mazda 6 from a long distance (only the grey and black) confused with a TSX. It only becomes more apparent when you see that the car is sitting slightly lower... well that and the 6ers owner checking out my car too.

Other than that, I never mistake a TSX.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Well, if I see a current TL very briefly (it has the "Acura grill" + 4 doors) or an RSX briefly ("Acura grill" + wedge shape), I can be fooled.

Nope, not a sports fan.

Brad, if it was 8:00 AM, then I was still eating breakfast at home when you got there.
Yes, it was close to 8:00AM.

My god. TSX owners are starting to pop up all over the place! <gasp!>

Some day, some of us are bound to see each other passing each other around town. There seems to be a cluster of forum members on the Peninsula--Burlingame to Sunnyvale.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:37 AM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lets set up a Bay Area meet!