Someone backed into my car...but no damage???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:57 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Someone backed into my car...but no damage???

So this morning, some idiot missed a turn on base, and started backing up, into my car at about 5-7mph with his Saturn SL2. Fearing the worst, I got out and looked at my front end, but there was no apparent damage, aside from a tiny paint chip, which may have already been there.

So has anyone else had a minor fender-bender like this and found damage later on, or knows what I should look for? I'm thinking of taking it in to the dealer for a once-over, but I let the guy go and didn't even get his plate (stupid, I know), so I'd have to cover any problems. Should I just be glad and get on with my life?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the TSXs are built pretty strong, i really dont think there would be any damage to ur car
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most bumpers are built to withstand 5mph impacts or below. If it really was that slow, I don't think there will be any damage to your bumper. However, there is usually a material inside the bumper that is designed to absorb that 5mph impact that may be damaged now. This will reduce your bumper's ability to withstand another impact, should one happen.

If there's no external damage, than you should be fine. It's probably not even worth it to take it into the dealership, especially if you're paying for it.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:38 PM
No longer in denial

While driving home from work and waiting at a red light, this stupid lady in a minivan rearended me when she "thought" the light had turned green. We both pulled off to the side but there weren't any damages at all to my car, so I'd have to agree, if it was just a slight nudge, your car should be ok.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Racer

Our car is definately MUCH stronger than the Saturn. I think the Saturn took the brunt of the force though. If you go to most Saturn dealers, the first thing they ask you to do is kick their cars. In fact, I've kicked one hahahaa! that was fun, but basically it dents making you all worried that you've dented a new car, then it suddenly pops back out haha the thing is totally made of plastic. Basically, you should've asked the guy for 50 bucks, and said you wouldn't report the damage. Then, buy a hardcore dinner that night to celebrate duping some dude =). They always say, carpe diem.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by sccpu3d
Our car is definately MUCH stronger than the Saturn. I think the Saturn took the brunt of the force though. If you go to most Saturn dealers, the first thing they ask you to do is kick their cars. In fact, I've kicked one hahahaa! that was fun, but basically it dents making you all worried that you've dented a new car, then it suddenly pops back out haha the thing is totally made of plastic. Basically, you should've asked the guy for 50 bucks, and said you wouldn't report the damage. Then, buy a hardcore dinner that night to celebrate duping some dude =). They always say, carpe diem.
The guy looked like about the oldest 2nd class PO in the Navy, and he was clearly freaked out about hitting an Officer's car. He didn't need me fucking with him.

No damage done, no need to take his money. His punishment is having to drive an old-ass Saturn
Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaGuy347
The guy looked like about the oldest 2nd class PO in the Navy, and he was clearly freaked out about hitting an Officer's car. He didn't need me fucking with him.

No damage done, no need to take his money. His punishment is having to drive an old-ass Saturn
you should make him hit the deck and give you 300
Old 01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by huckleberry
you should make him hit the deck and give you 300
HAHAHA thats always a great solution. Im sure he'll make sure not to even scratch a tsx whenever he drives again
Old 01-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Got Ramen?

Originally Posted by PsychoInDenial
While driving home from work and waiting at a red light, this stupid lady in a minivan rearended me when she "thought" the light had turned green. We both pulled off to the side but there weren't any damages at all to my car, so I'd have to agree, if it was just a slight nudge, your car should be ok.
whoa! ur back. haven't heard from ya in quite some time.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ he was in denial