SF Bay Area Dealership Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SF Bay Area Dealership Recommendations?

I've been seriously drooling over the TSX for awhile now but haven't visited any dealerships as of yet. I'm also moving to the Bay Area in 3 days.
I was wondering if anyone in the San Francisco - San Jose Bay Area has recommendations for quality Acura dealerships. (Nice salespeople that don't prey on their buyers as well as those that give good price points )
This will be the first time I'll be purchasing a car on my own and I look about 20 years old, though, so I'll be expecting them to attempt to sucker me in. I've done my homework and am looking for advice on where to go that would give me a non-painful and perhaps even pleasurable experience.
Thanks all!
Old 05-30-2005, 03:15 AM
G2 TSX

Bought mine at Acura of Concord only because they had the car coming inbound. I would highly recommend Niello Acura in Sacramento(out of the Bay Area). Jesus Musa was a pleasure to deal with even though I did not end up buying from them. Los Gatos Acura is also pretty good and willing to work with you. Stevens Creek is a volume dealer and they did not seem like they were interested in selling me a car. Sunnyvale...ugghh avoid, had previous bad experience with their idiot sales manager(who came from a used Ford dealership). Pleasanton Acura was okay. Mike Harvey, barely had anything and everything was a wait.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:50 AM
Possessed with my Schemes

I've bought two Acuras from Stevens Creek Acura in San Jose/Santa Clara and have had a good buying experience both times. Nearly bought my first Acura from the Sunnyvale Acura dealership because of a very nice saleman and test drive experience, although I wasn't quite at the buying stage yet. Would definately recomnend either of these two if your in the South Bay.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozzman
I've bought two Acuras from Stevens Creek Acura in San Jose/Santa Clara and have had a good buying experience both times. Nearly bought my first Acura from the Sunnyvale Acura dealership because of a very nice saleman and test drive experience, although I wasn't quite at the buying stage yet. Would definately recomnend either of these two if your in the South Bay.
I got mine at Stevens Creek too, other than ripping me off on the first oil change (now go to Firestone and get full synthetic), they were pretty good.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack Slate
I would highly recommend Niello Acura in Sacramento(out of the Bay Area). Jesus Musa was a pleasure to deal with even though I did not end up buying from them...Mike Harvey, barely had anything and everything was a wait.
I'm gonna be the bad apple and NOT Recommend Niello...those fawkers wanted too much and they treated me like I'm nothing. They do have cute service girls though... Honestly, no Acura dealer really impressed me...and I did my shopping online instead, with emails. Even when I finally went to go pick up my car, the dealership tried to get me to pay for the "pro" pack which they wanted an extra $300 for. I almost walked out on that too...and they finally saw I was getting angry and came back and said "ah don't worry about it, we'll eat it up." It just stupid sh*t like that, that really pisses me off.

Mike Harvey actually is the only dealership at the time that had my 6MT/Navi TSX and Elk Grove Acura (where I bought my TSX from) did the dealer trade with them.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:25 PM
No longer in denial

Oakland Acura treated me good. I went thru Costco.com to get a no haggle price. I dealt with Jai Smith and Vincent Mendoza. Both very courtious people, no problems at all.

Pleasanton Acura can get kind of naggy. My friend test drove a TL there and they kept calling her and her boyfriend everyday to see if she was ready to buy yet.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:50 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by schalliol
I got mine at Stevens Creek too, other than ripping me off on the first oil change (now go to Firestone and get full synthetic), they were pretty good.
How did Stevens Creek Acura rip you off? I'm taking my TSX there on Wednesday for its first oil change.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
It was just really expensive, and I think they did more than the manual recommended. Get out the manual and verify what they're going to do and how much it's going to be before you hand over the keys. I complained after I paid (well, before too) and they sent me a discount on the next servicing, but it expired and I moved.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Instructor

I got an MDX and the TSX through Oakland Acura, they have really good service!! I dealt with John Bruno the internet manager.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Advanced

Pleasanton Acura was OK.

Service so far has been great and the sales guy was professional and i had no pressure during purchase.

The sales manager was less than desirable. They had a limited selection of TSX's on the lot at that time and he gave me this story about demand kept them scrambling for inventory. There was no flexibility on price and I ended up at MSRP and waiting three days to get the one I wanted.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Advanced

I bought two acuras from seramonte acura. One TLS 03 and recently TSX05....ask for Hien...he was really cool...bought the car for invoice...you could try for 100 or 200 below right now....i think acura is giving the dealers 500 back for every acura sold...
Old 06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
I pimp an Audi A4.

all you bay area guys should come to the bay area meet.. !
https://acurazine.com/forums/norcal-309/bay-area-acurazine-meets-307277/

i get exellent service at acura of pleasanton
the philipno guy is a good sales man to talk to gave us a great deal on our 04 TL
Old 06-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Racer

Need an Acura first

I just went and test-drove the TSX today at Hopkins Acura. I was talking to Michael Andrews, real nice guy. Oh man, 1 hour test drive in the curvy hills outside Redwood City. That was fun Soo... yeah... I'll be going for a 2006 TSX most likely. The dealer said the rumors for additions were 215hp, Bluetooth functionality (like the TL), and 2 new colors (he doesn't know which ones yet).
Old 06-04-2005, 03:14 AM
3rd Gear

SF Bay Area Acura Dealer Recommendations

I also bought my '05 Anthracite TL Auto w/ Navi from Hopkins Acura in Redwood City about two weeks ago.

This is the second TL that I have purchased from Hopkins Acura. The first one was a '99 TL.

Arlene Kennedy has been my sales person both times and has worked at Hopkins for at least 15 years in sales.

She knows her Acura cars backwards and forwards. Ask to see her immaculate 1990 Red Acura Legend coupe!

She's on vacation until June 11 but she's definitely worth the wait.

John