Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
i am not a "he"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat covers

I guess the best way to keep my seats protected is by getting seat covers? Can anyone point me towards the right direction? I've tried eBay already...

I don't really need anything fancy. I just need something that is durable and lasting.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

how about a towl?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Racer

Use 303. Protecting leather seats /w protection sucks haha. People wont see the nice leather you've got underneath.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Racer

Dude . . . why on earth would you want to put seat covers on leather seats . . . what would be the point then . . . I mean I had seat covers in my old car . . . but that was so no one could see the holes and foam coming out of the seat . . . but yeah definately you should just keep proper maintenance of the seats or what not . . .
Old 01-24-2006, 06:22 AM
Burning Brakes

If you do get seat covers, you should get some that are built to support the side air bags. Otherwise, bad things might happen in the event that they're deployed... Meanwhile, get some good leather cleaner & conditioner.

I agree with the others -- if you're coming from the beach or something, try towels!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:49 PM
i am not a "he"

I'm going to be blunt about this but honestly, I really could care less about how my car has leather seats. Really makes no difference to me, personally. It's just the fact that my parents keep ranting about the condition of my seats. I can't always control what happens to them with a few of my friends sometimes sitting in the car. Apparently studded belts have become a problem but I know make sure to kick them if they don't take off their belts!

But vidgamer, you make a good point. I didn't really think about the side air-bags. I'll guess I'll have to search for a good leather cleaner/protector.

I get my car washed weekly at a car wash place. Since it's already paid for, I really can't be too specific about what they clean or how they clean my car but I'll ask them what they're using...
Old 01-24-2006, 01:31 PM
ABP TSX

See if Rockblocker can make you a seat kit j/k

But seriously, find some new friends who respect your property or invest in some Lexol, 303, and 1Z products. You will probably get better results if you wash/clean the car yourself.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I think there are some times for seat covers, temporarily of course. For example my summer jobs. I painted one summer and I don't know how many white paint spots I have in my car because the towels didn't cut it. I figured out I can use paint thinner to get the paint off my leather, but who wants to use paint thinner on their leather. I mowed lawns all last summer and every day after work I had to get in my car to come home. I don't really want sweat and grass and gasoline to get worked into my leather cause then it smells bad. A nice cheap seat cover would easily solve the problem if I could slip it on every now and then. Any suggestions for covers?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AvengedThrice
I'm going to be blunt about this but honestly, I really could care less about how my car has leather seats. Really makes no difference to me, personally. It's just the fact that my parents keep ranting about the condition of my seats. I can't always control what happens to them with a few of my friends sometimes sitting in the car. Apparently studded belts have become a problem but I know make sure to kick them if they don't take off their belts!

But vidgamer, you make a good point. I didn't really think about the side air-bags. I'll guess I'll have to search for a good leather cleaner/protector.

I get my car washed weekly at a car wash place. Since it's already paid for, I really can't be too specific about what they clean or how they clean my car but I'll ask them what they're using...
As far as taking care of your seats, Lexol Leather cleaner and conditioner works great. the 303 protectants is a favorite among posters on the wash and wax forum also.

Just be responsible. If friends are getting in the car, tell them no food, and don't scratch the seats. I don't see how, unless they are wearing spikes, they could damage the seats with normal everyday clothing, but covering up your (heated) seats seems stupid to me. maybe you shoulda bought the protection package that covers holes in seats and such if it was that much of a concern and your rents paid for the car.

Those car wash places are the devil. I only use if i have no other choice. Recycled water and bad soap. A guy in my neighborhood owns one. He doesn't wash his car there. Anyways, if you do use it, the guy told me to rinse with the "Wax' setting, because it does have like a quick spray wax in it, and it's just as effective as rinsing with the "rinse" setting.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by stewie20068
I think there are some times for seat covers, temporarily of course. For example my summer jobs. I painted one summer and I don't know how many white paint spots I have in my car because the towels didn't cut it. I figured out I can use paint thinner to get the paint off my leather, but who wants to use paint thinner on their leather. I mowed lawns all last summer and every day after work I had to get in my car to come home. I don't really want sweat and grass and gasoline to get worked into my leather cause then it smells bad. A nice cheap seat cover would easily solve the problem if I could slip it on every now and then. Any suggestions for covers?
try walmart or pep boys or auto zone. i'm sure they all have these things.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sccpu3d
Use 303. Protecting leather seats /w protection sucks haha. People wont see the nice leather you've got underneath.

303 is for the dash. Lexol is for the leather/pleather
Old 01-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LalchandYamlajat
303 is for the dash. Lexol is for the leather/pleather
I was thinking that....then i thought.....maybe 303 makes something for leather. i love Lexol for the leather. I have their stuff for the dash too, but i want to get 303.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

There are a couple of places that make covers that they say will work with the side air bags.

But if you want really good protection, check out the neoprene material here: http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/. Unfortunately, they do not list the TSX. I'd still give 'em a call if interested....