Seasoned TSX members, help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Huge Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Seasoned TSX members, help!

So I've been all over this board lately, looked at a used cl type s, and kicked around a 6 speed TL, now I stopped by a local dealer and found an 05 tsx auto non nav, black / tan. Heres the link

http://www.lehighstreetcars.com/2005...sx--c-4822.htm

I know since sat is the end of the month ill get their best deal hopefully, first pencil today they gave me was 13500 plus tax and tags. the thing almost has 100k miles on it. im waiting on a carfax plus service records. what would be a good deal for this? privately i see they go for around 13 for top dollar with that many miles.

Also, when I drove it the steering seemed tighter than I remember (I sold them new in 04) Do the power steering pumps go or am i just delusional and thats how all these cars are? Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd hold out for a 6 speed with Nav. The TSX with a manual transmission is a totally different driving experience I think. Plus ad a short shifter and life is muy bueno. Plus you'll regret not having navi...
Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by gtfo
So I've been all over this board lately, looked at a used cl type s, and kicked around a 6 speed TL, now I stopped by a local dealer and found an 05 tsx auto non nav, black / tan. Heres the link

http://www.lehighstreetcars.com/2005...sx--c-4822.htm

I know since sat is the end of the month ill get their best deal hopefully, first pencil today they gave me was 13500 plus tax and tags. the thing almost has 100k miles on it. im waiting on a carfax plus service records. what would be a good deal for this? privately i see they go for around 13 for top dollar with that many miles.

Also, when I drove it the steering seemed tighter than I remember (I sold them new in 04) Do the power steering pumps go or am i just delusional and thats how all these cars are? Thanks!
That seems like a ton of money to me (just about 6 yrs old and big miles). You can have my 05 AT (original owner) w/ 124K miles on it for $10K (you just have to come get it)(near Hartford). Oh, and the car needs nothing and is perfect.

Barring that, unless the market can bear that price (I'm aware that TSX prices tend be very regional, but $13K.... ouch). I'd want the car to be dealer serviced, never hit, and hopefully clear bra on the front (these cars seem very susceptible to road rash). Then.... no more than $11K.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My best friend owns lot in Whitehall where I bought my TSX from a few years ago. He'll be able to find what you need. I wanted a non nav 6 spd, with low miles, and he got it for me in a week

Here is their autotrader link. Give a call and ask for Jeremy and he'll take care of you.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...resultCar=null
Old 07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Huge Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jimmy The Saint
I'd hold out for a 6 speed with Nav. The TSX with a manual transmission is a totally different driving experience I think. Plus ad a short shifter and life is muy bueno. Plus you'll regret not having navi...
I really dont go anywhere that I would miss nav too much. Sure maybe a roadtrip or two a year.. I don't know..
Originally Posted by Simba91102
That seems like a ton of money to me (just about 6 yrs old and big miles). You can have my 05 AT (original owner) w/ 124K miles on it for $10K (you just have to come get it)(near Hartford). Oh, and the car needs nothing and is perfect.

Barring that, unless the market can bear that price (I'm aware that TSX prices tend be very regional, but $13K.... ouch). I'd want the car to be dealer serviced, never hit, and hopefully clear bra on the front (these cars seem very susceptible to road rash). Then.... no more than $11K.
whats the specs on yours what color? im having a hard time wanting to accept a tan interior. timing belt done?

Originally Posted by sav127
My best friend owns lot in Whitehall where I bought my TSX from a few years ago. He'll be able to find what you need. I wanted a non nav 6 spd, with low miles, and he got it for me in a week

Here is their autotrader link. Give a call and ask for Jeremy and he'll take care of you.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...resultCar=null
will do when i get a chance
Old 07-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really dont go anywhere that I would miss nav too much. Sure maybe a roadtrip or two a year.. I don't know..
lol, that's what they all say and then post "can I do a non-nav to navi swap?"
Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
whats the specs on yours what color? im having a hard time wanting to accept a tan interior. timing belt done?

will do when i get a chance
I agree on the NAV, it's my idea of nothing, but..... it is very popular. The thing is on the NAV though, it's seems like the pendulum is swinging the other way. Factory NAV is out and the portables (Tom Tom, Garmin, etc). seem to be gaining popularity rapidly (much cheaper, portable, easier to use, etc.)(and my guess is, the factory NAV crowd may be less likely to accept/realize this). If you want it, by all means go for it, but I think it's becoming less of a factor for resale.

My 05 is silver w/ gray interior (no idea what fancy name Acura uses for each)(and I also agree on the babysh*t brown interior, it would be deal breaker for me). The TSX engine uses a chain (timing), and as far as I know, there's no service interval for it.