Satin Silver or Carbon Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Satin Silver or Carbon Grey?

I'm new to this forum, and after much deliberation, I've decided to buy the TSX. Now my only dilema is deciding what the exterior colour should be. I've decided on the ebony interior.

I'm wondering what most people think is the best; Satin Silver or Carbon Grey?

Cheers!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Oh, I love both colors. My first choice was Carbon Grey/Ebony. The TSX is very handsome in Carbon Grey. At the end of June, I ordered one, but due to the dealer's ordering snafus, the order got delayed until a November production date. After a 2.5 month wait, a Satin Silver became available--just two weeks ago. When I saw it in the dealer's lot, I realised that I didn't want the car to be the same color as my pickup, which is also Carbon Grey. I thought that the silver would complement my pickup's color. I'm very pleased with the silver. The silver has an advantage of reflecting ambient colors of the environment. This makes the car's color appear to relate to the surroundings. (I'm admittedly funny about colors.)
Old 09-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Advanced

That was the same question that I have before I get my car! I choose Satin Silver in the end. Reason? I like it elegant, plain and simple. CG is a little bit too aggressive and my parents say it's a little harder to take care of. ( Dirty easily?? )
Old 09-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Intermediate

Carbon Grey!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:52 PM
8th Gear

Hi everyone,
I just got my car yesterday. Yeah baby! I got the Carbon Gray one. I think both colors look great. I wanted a more rugged look so I decided on the CG. I think that a chick like myself deserves to look aggressive sometimes. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro

I like the color Carbon better, but as a whole car, the SS looks better with those ugly stock rims. They help the rims blend in instead of sticking out. None of the optional rims are better except for the 5 spoke silver star rims and they don't match the carbon color either and are too dark for any of the other colors.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

My Dealer told me the CG is the popular color for the TSX. From what I read, Silver is the most popular car color overall. If you want to find your TSX in a mall go with the red.

-Nox
CG/6MT
Built 09/16/03
Delivered TBD
Old 09-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Racer

I would have gone for the CG, but I didn't want to wait for the dealer to find one.

Old 09-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Both colors look good on the TSX, but we chose Carbon Grey becuz:

1) I see ALOT of Civics and other Hondas in Satin Silver
2) CG is one of the colors with Ebony interior, we eliminated anything with Parchment (I have a pet peeve against cars that save money by using gray parts from ebony/quartz interiors, like on the dash, steering wheel, and center console, but everything else is a shade of parchment/tan)
3) If you think CG is hard to keep clean, you haven't had a black car (Our MDX looks sweeeeet in black... when it's clean)
4) Plus the TSX was there on the lot... speaking to me, "Pleeease buy me before anybody else test drives me." :P
Old 09-30-2003, 06:41 PM
such a dirty birdy

I like the Satin Silver better, but it's also an extremely popular colour overall, and that's a big detractant to me. I read somewhere that something like 30% of new vehicles last year were silver. Ack. It is attractive and will be easier to keep looking clean. But then what do I know? I chose blurple, for pete's sake!
Old 09-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Racer

I find silver "hides" dings better than almost any color. You really have to look close sometimes on silver cars, to see them, whereas on cars painted darker colors, they are much more obvious. I think silver is also an attractive color that just looks "right," whether it's on a Hundai or a Ferrari. That said, the TSX looks terrific in carbon gray. But I can't wait for Honda/Acura to provide a body side molding to add at least a small measure of protection, something they offer on virtually all their other models...CG looks fine with the stock rims (which also look fine).
Old 09-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My opinion: I think that the SSM and GC are both really nice colors and I love them both on the TSX. However, both colors are also fairly common. I'd go for a color that makes the car stand out a bit more. The Artic Blue, Meteor Silver, or White would be my top picks (although you may not like the beige interior that comes with the white).

Then again, I have to say that the Satin Silver and Charcol Gray both look really, really sharp.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:04 PM
More On

Well, what we're seeing again is that people like ALL the colors -- it just depends.

You can guess which color I'd recommend.

Actually I didn't even want it -- just took it because it was a color I could get fast. Within about 3 minutes I loved it.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Both colors are equally nice. I happen to be a fan of contrast, and IMO the satin silver looks better over the ebony interior. Good luck with your choice. You really can't go wrong.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Bound for Europe

GC!
I still pray that one day I'll wake up and my baby will be this colour. Acura Canada f'd up big time!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:26 PM
You want me to break it?

I think that CG is more sporty, but the SSM is more classy/timeless - also, as others have said it's easy to keep silver looking good - silver on black IS a nice contrast - Brian
Old 09-30-2003, 10:44 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

....I think that CG is more sporty, but the SSM is more classy/timeless...
Its funny; for the most part I've heard the reverse. People tend to lean towards ssm as sporty and CG as "refined" or whatever.. But hey, opinions are as abundant as .. well.. accords.

As you can can see from my sig, I went with SSM. Love the car, really love the color, but CG was a very close second. I would have considered it more if: I was in a slightly cooler state and if I had time to keep it clean. (Haven't had time to wash in 2 weeks, but you can hardly see.)

And as some have mentioned, CG is a popular color. That might be an issue as far as availability.

-r
Old 09-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Intermediate

Meteor Silver is the only way to go. : )
Old 09-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Intermediate

you know what? i suggest you just pick the color you're really really satisfied with. because after you don't. you'll be stuck with it. and you'll hate it especially when people go you should got this color, you shoulda got that color. and the color they suggest is the color you really wanted in the first place. so if you do get the color you wanted and when people tell you 'you shoulda got this color, shoulda got that color; just reply with YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT COLOR. its my car and i got this color.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Both colors look awesome on the TSX!!
Keep in mind however, there are many, many cars in a silver type color. That was one of my deciding factors before I even went into the dealer.
Personally I have CG/EBONY and I absolutely LOVE it!!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:10 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Originally posted by 723dragon
...i suggest you just pick the color you're really really satisfied with. ......YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT COLOR. its my car and i got this color.
Yep.. This was the part I left out of my above post. Both colors are great, so go with your gut feeling. I was contemplating a SSM/Quartz combo, but I knew it wasn't going to make me happy like my SSM/Ebony. (which I had to drive 200+ more miles for)

Make sure you'll still like your choice in a few years...

-r
Old 09-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ucsdtriton
Both colors look good on the TSX, but we chose Carbon Grey becuz:

2) CG is one of the colors with Ebony interior, we eliminated anything with Parchment
I _had_ to have Ebony interior too. That left me with choices of Carbon Grey, Satin Silver, Arctic Blue, or Nighthawk Black body colors.

I personally couldn't adapt to Quartz or Parchment interiors--as nice as they look.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 723dragon
you know what? i suggest you just pick the color you're really really satisfied with. because after you don't. you'll be stuck with it. and you'll hate it especially when people go you should got this color, you shoulda got that color. and the color they suggest is the color you really wanted in the first place. so if you do get the color you wanted and when people tell you 'you shoulda got this color, shoulda got that color; just reply with YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT COLOR. its my car and i got this color.
I wanted SSM w/ebony, and that's what I got. I would have jumped on a CG w/ebony if it came in sooner, cuz I was tired of waiting. I posted month's ago as I waited for my car that you should stick to your guns with the color. Lot's of people here settled for an exterior color or interior color to get there car. I could of had a CG/Quartz a month sooner but I hate the Quartz. In a nutshell, both colors are sweet with the Ebony interior.